San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Look, sorry charlie is winning by default!
Whose default is it?
sorry charlie's default of course! LOL

“WELL PAID GOVIE SHILL ”

Since: Jun 07

The BIG Apple, NYC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

the ones in his head !!!
Charlie Sheen wrote:
<quoted text>
And those holes would be?

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Look! sorry charlie is winning by default!

Whose default is it ?

sorry charlie's of course.

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

oh goody twofers

I win !

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

LOL
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

RADEKT wrote:
the ones in his head !!!<quoted text>
LOL!
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Default wrote:
Look! sorry charlie is winning by default!
Why thank you, that is more or less a given. So what are your favorite baby names from the 1890's?

“DECEPTION = MOST POWERFUL ”

Since: Jul 11

POLITICAL FORCE ON THE PLANET

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Former Cleveland Mayor Reported Flight 93 Landed at Cleveland Airport on 9/11 and Flight 175 in Vicinity. Cincinnati WCPO TV Cover-ups Why Account Removed From Web Site
State sponsored U.S. media ignores story, leaving 'internet hounds' to smell out the truth behind what really happened to the passengers on the doomed flights.
11 Nov 2005
By Greg Szymanski
On the morning of 9/11 a little known Cincinnati television station ran a story saying Flight 93 landed at Cleveland International Airport instead of crashing in Pennsylvania as claimed in the official government story.
Reporters at WCPO Channel 9 quoted then Cleveland Mayor Michael R. White as saying “a Boeing 767 out of Boston made an emergency landing due to a bomb threat,” the airplane landing safely, moved to a secure location and evacuated.
The early morning report went on to say United Airlines verified the plane as Flight 93, but was also deeply concerned about another jetliner in the vicinity, Flight 175, flying from Boston to Los Angeles.
Also included in the little known news report was a comment from United CEO, James Goodwin, who said,“The thoughts of everyone at United are with the passengers and crew of these flights. Our prayers are also with everyone on the ground who may have been involved. United Airlines is working with all the relevant authorities, including the FBI, to obtain further information on these flights.”
Former Mayor White, as well as United and WCPO, could not be reached for comment, but the evidence still remains, even though it was suspiciously removed from the television’s web site in June 2004 in and around the time of the 9/11 Commission hearings.
Ahh the power to control the media. Ain't it sumpun?
Jet Fuel ha ha ha ha
Ain't That A Funny One huh eh !
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Dr_Zorderz wrote:
Former Cleveland Mayor Reported Flight 93 Landed at Cleveland Airport on 9/11 and Flight 175 in Vicinity. Cincinnati WCPO TV Cover-ups Why Account Removed From Web Site
So what is so funny about Jet Fuel?
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Dr_Zorderz wrote:
Liz Foreman, whose name was attached to this story, tried to clear it up in February 2006.

I thought it was time to set the record straight on a website error that's gotten out of hand.

I've been getting calls and e-mails for several years, all from folks who have seen my byline on a story (Plane Lands In Cleveland; Bomb Feared Aboard) about Flight 93, the plane that crashed in a Pennsylvania field on September 11, 2001.

The story in question, an Associated Press bulletin, was posted on WCPO.com during the morning of September 11, 2001. The story stated that Flight 93 landed in Cleveland. This was not true.

Once the AP issued a retraction a few minutes later, we removed the link.

There were two problems:

1)I only removed the link TO the story. We did not remove the story itself. This was my error probably due to the busy nature of the day - I was the only person updating the website until about noon that day, and things were crazier than they’d ever been.

2) The byline was incorrect. In my haste, I pasted the “Reported by: 9News Staff” byline from a previous story, but this was actually an Associated Press story.

Sometime in 2003 I received an e-mail inquiring about the story. I quickly removed the story, and wrote back to the person, thanking them for the heads up about the incorrect story.

Things didn't stop there.

Messages and phone calls started coming in about "Why did the government make me remove the story?" As is the nature of the net, folks had gotten a hold of the old story and posted it on their own blogs, fueling even more interest in the situation.

So, for everyone who is still wondering about this story, here are some frequently asked questions. I'm hoping this clears everything up once and for all!

FAQ

1. Where did the original story come from?
The story was an Associated Press bulletin that came across the news wires. Associated Press is a news service that many news organizations subscribe to for non-local news. The idea is that a local news organization can’t possibly have reporters everywhere in the world, so for that reason, we publish stories written by Associated Press journalists.

2. So you didn’t report the story yourself?
No, I work at the website in Cincinnati. I generally do not do any reporting out in the field. Also, I was not in Cleveland, nor does WCPO-TV have a Cleveland-based reporter. If you’re not familiar with the geography of Ohio, Cleveland is a good four hours away from us.

There were two problems:

1) I only removed the link TO the story. We did not remove the story itself. This was my error probably due to the busy nature of the day - I was the only person updating the website until about noon that day, and things were crazier than they’d ever been.

2) The byline was incorrect. In my haste, I pasted the “Reported by: 9News Staff” byline from a previous story, but this was actually an Associated Press story.

3. Why didn’t you remove the problem story page from the outset?
My mistake, that’s why. I removed the link TO the story, but didn’t remove the actual story. Then, the story page was indexed by the major search engines. I didn’t even know the story hadn’t been removed until after I was contacted by a member of the public.
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

4. Why DID you remove the page?
Because it was in error.

5. Why did you create this FAQ page? Isn’t that just fueling the fire?
I’ve been getting a ton of phone calls and e-mails about this recently and answering everyone would make it hard for me to get my day job – running the website – accomplished. Also, unlike the old media paradigm, which is “ignore it and it’ll go away,” the Internet means a two-way conversation with our website users. So, in the interest of media transparency, this is my attempt to clear the air.
http://blogs.scripps.com/wcpo/staff/2006/02/w...
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Dr_Zorderz wrote:
Former Cleveland Mayor Reported Flight 93 Landed at Cleveland Airport on 9/11 and Flight 175 in Vicinity. Cincinnati WCPO TV
So what did land at Cleveland? It seems to have been Delta Flight 1989. This was initially misidentified as Flight 93, as reported here.

Air traffic controllers believed they had a hijacked plane in the air over Ohio on Sept. 11. They just didn't know which plane.

During tense moments that morning at Cleveland Air Route Traffic Control Center, the first guess was that Delta Flight 1989 was hijacked, not United Airlines Flight 93.

“We knew right away we had a problem. The first thought was, "Is that Delta 1989?'” said Rick Kettell, manager of the Federal Aviation Administration's busiest regional center.
http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2002/08/15/l...
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Dr_Zorderz wrote:
Former Cleveland Mayor Reported Flight 93 Landed at Cleveland Airport on 9/11 and Flight 175 in Vicinity. Cincinnati WCPO TV
My husband] and I and six other fellow [...] employees were on the 8 am flight from Boston to Los Angeles on Tuesday, but we were on the Delta flight [1989], the one out of three 8am flights departing Logan that did not get hijacked. Instead, we were forced to make an emergency landing in Cleveland because there were reports that a bomb or hijacking was taking place on our plane. The pilot had radioed that there was suspicious activity in the cabin since one of the passengers was speaking urgently on his cellphone and ignored repeated flight attendant requests to stop using his cell phone while in flight. Also, there was an irregularity in the passenger manifest because there were two people [with the same middle eastern name] who were listed but only one aboard.
http://256.com/gray/thoughts/2001/20010912/19...

Other news stories give similar accounts:

No explosives were found aboard a Delta flight from Boston that was forced to land at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport because of fears it had been hijacked, city officials said.

The Federal Aviation Administration had been informed at 9:45 a.m. of a possible hijacking of a plane headed for Cleveland, said FBI spokesman Mark Bullock.

Flight 1989 to Los Angeles was not hijacked but was grounded by Delta because it was in the same flight pattern as a plane that was hijacked and struck the World Trade Center in New York, Bullock said.
http://thepost.baker.ohiou.edu/archives3/sep0...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 231,961 - 231,980 of250,393
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••