yes

no

well, im not sure

rider

Marquette, MI

#246054 Nov 13, 2012
www.democracynow.org/Cached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
A daily TV/radio news program, hosted by Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez, pioneering the largest community media collaboration in the U.S..
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#246055 Nov 13, 2012
dip test wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing I am admitting to is that you're a dipshit. As for the molten metal, that was plainly obvious by looking at the pictures and reports from the workers at Ground Zero. Can you explain how fires from office furniture ignited by jet fuel can result in molten metal in the rubble pile weeks after the collapse even after hosing down the rubble pile with water?
Sure

Oxidation of iron by air is not the only EXOTHERMIC reaction of iron (= structural steel which is about 98 % Fe, 1 % Mn, 0.2 % C, 0.2 % Si.....). There is at least one additional reaction of iron with the capability of keeping the rubble pile hot and cooking!

The reaction between IRON AND STEAM is also very EXOTHERMIC and fast at temperatures above 400 deg C. This reaction produces Fe3O4 AND HYDROGEN. It is the classic example of a REVERSIBLE REACTION studied in Chemistry labs at high school. But believe it or not, back at the turn of the century, the reaction of iron and steam was used as an industrial process for the manufacture of hydrogen.

I think iron and steam could have reacted in this way (at least for a while) and generated a lot of heat. What is more, the hydrogen released would have been converted back to water by reaction with oxygen, thereby generating even more heat. In this case spraying water on the rubble pile was like adding fuel to a fire!

Now add in gypsum reactions with H2 and CO and we have a great source of SO2 and/or H2S to sulfide the steel!

Perhaps the endless spraying of water on the rubble pile was not such a good idea!

In the usual lab experiment on the reversible reaction of iron and "steam", nitrogen (or some inert gas) is bubbled through water to create a gas stream saturated with water vapor at room temperature. This gas is then allowed to flow into a glass tube about 1 meter long containing iron in an inert boat at its center. This assembly is heated in a tube furnace to some desired temperature, say 500 deg C. The hydrogen/ nitrogen gas mixture is collected at the outlet of the tube furnace.

In the industrial process the feed gas might also be "water gas" which is a mixture of CO and water vapor. The outlet gas contains mostly H2 and CO2.

I am sure there was plenty of water vapor AND oxygen in the void spaces in the rubble pile. This is the "steam" I am referring to.

Please remember that the recovered pieces of structural steel were heavily OXIDIZED as well as sulfided. The most important oxidizing agents available in the rubble pile were obviously O2 and H2O.

The rubble pile was not only inhomogeneous with regard to its composition, it was inhomogeneous with regard to its temperature. This was due to localized chemical reactions. Such reactions were capable of generating high temperatures in these localized hot spots.

“DECEPTION = MOST POWERFUL ”

Since: Jul 11

POLITICAL FORCE ON THE PLANET

#246056 Nov 13, 2012
Obviously nobody did a Dip Test. SO WHAT!
Nobody cares if you don't like it that nobody did a Fuhking Dip Test.

NO one cares what you think ratdick. No Dip Test does not mean that there was not molten metal evident. They also did not test for explosives and there is much evidence for explosives.
I suppose all the FDNY that say they heard, and saw explosives are lying.

A report in the Johns Hopkins Public Health Magazine about recovery work in late October quotes Alison Geyh, Ph.D., as stating:
Fires are still actively burning and the smoke is very intense. In some pockets now being uncovered, they are finding molten steel. 6

A publication by the National Environmental Health Association quotes Ron Burger, a public health advisor at the National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, who arrived at Ground Zero on the evening of September 12th. Burger stated:
Feeling the heat, seeing the molten steel, the layers upon layers of ash, like lava, it reminded me of Mt. St. Helenís and the thousands who fled that disaster. 7

An article in The Newsletter of the Structural Engineers Association of Utah describing a speaking appearance by Leslie Robertson (structural engineer responsible for the design of the World Trade Center) contains this passage:
As of 21 days after the attack, the fires were still burning and molten steel was still running. 8

A member of the New York Air National Guard's 109th Air Wing was at Ground Zero from September 22 to October 6. He kept a journal on which an article containing the following passage is based.
Smoke constantly poured from the peaks. One fireman told us that there was still molten steel at the heart of the towers' remains. Firemen sprayed water to cool the debris down but the heat remained intense enough at the surface to melt their boots. 9

The book American Ground, which contains detailed descriptions of conditions at Ground Zero, contains this passage:
... or, in the early days, the streams of molten metal that leaked from the hot cores and flowed down broken walls inside the foundation hole. 10

A review of of the documentary Collateral Damage in the New York Post describes firemen at Ground Zero recalling "heat so intense they encountered rivers of molten steel." 11

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/evidence/molt...
Jet Fuel ha ha ha ha
That's As Funny As You Dip Shit
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#246057 Nov 13, 2012
It is irrelevant whether or not the steam was wet or dry, that is a chemical engineering notion only of interest in a closed and controlled system, usually under high-pressure, such as a steam generator in a power station.

Water vapor was present in the rubble pile and water vapor reacts with iron releasing HYDROGEN.

ITS CALLED A CORROSION REACTION:

METAL + WATER = METAL OXIDE + HYDROGEN

WHEN IT HAPPENED AT THREE MILE ISLAND IT CREATED A HYDROGEN BUBBLE

“the summer home in Cape Cod”

Since: Jun 07

Manhattan, New York

#246058 Nov 13, 2012
so by just looking at pictures you can determine what the molten material was ...... ahhhh OK !?!?!?!?!?
dip test wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing I am admitting to is that you're a dipshit. As for the molten metal, that was plainly obvious by looking at the pictures and reports from the workers at Ground Zero. Can you explain how fires from office furniture ignited by jet fuel can result in molten metal in the rubble pile weeks after the collapse even after hosing down the rubble pile with water?
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#246059 Nov 13, 2012
Dr_Zorderz wrote:
Molten Metal
Workers Reported Molten Metal in Ground Zero Rubble
Show us one test that proves it was steel.

“the summer home in Cape Cod”

Since: Jun 07

Manhattan, New York

#246061 Nov 13, 2012
1 MILLION square feet of aluminum in each WTC Tower, temperatures in pile hot enough to make aluminum molten but not hot enough to make steel molten according to NASA fly over readings ...... not to hard to put 2 and 2 together and figure this one out .... unless you are a twoofer !!!!!!!
Dr_Zorderz wrote:
NO one cares what you think ratdick. No Dip Test does not mean that there was not molten metal evident. They also did not test for explosives and there is much evidence for explosives.
A report in the Johns Hopkins Public Health Magazine about recovery work in late October quotes Alison Geyh, Ph.D., as stating:
Fires are still actively burning and the smoke is very intense. In some pockets now being uncovered, they are finding molten steel. 6
A publication by the National Environmental Health Association quotes Ron Burger, a public health advisor at the National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, who arrived at Ground Zero on the evening of September 12th. Burger stated:
Feeling the heat, seeing the molten steel, the layers upon layers of ash, like lava, it reminded me of Mt. St. Helenís and the thousands who fled that disaster. 7
An article in The Newsletter of the Structural Engineers Association of Utah describing a speaking appearance by Leslie Robertson (structural engineer responsible for the design of the World Trade Center) contains this passage:
As of 21 days after the attack, the fires were still burning and molten steel was still running. 8
A member of the New York Air National Guard's 109th Air Wing was at Ground Zero from September 22 to October 6. He kept a journal on which an article containing the following passage is based.
Smoke constantly poured from the peaks. One fireman told us that there was still molten steel at the heart of the towers' remains. Firemen sprayed water to cool the debris down but the heat remained intense enough at the surface to melt their boots. 9
The book American Ground, which contains detailed descriptions of conditions at Ground Zero, contains this passage:
... or, in the early days, the streams of molten metal that leaked from the hot cores and flowed down broken walls inside the foundation hole. 10
A review of of the documentary Collateral Damage in the New York Post describes firemen at Ground Zero recalling "heat so intense they encountered rivers of molten steel." 11
Jet Fuel ha ha ha ha
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#246062 Nov 13, 2012
Insults are Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but I can't take all the credit, they do a marvelous job on their own, makes what I do to them almost effortless.
Talking to yourself is a sign of a mental disorder.
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#246063 Nov 13, 2012
dip test wrote:
<quoted text>
it was the same guy that dipped you in shit and confirmed you to be a dipshit.
You ran a taste test for confirmation didn't you.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#246064 Nov 13, 2012
Dr_Zorderz wrote:
Jet Fuel ha ha ha ha
So, it was HOT. SOTHEFUCKWHAT? How does this bolster your case?
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#246065 Nov 13, 2012
mass wrote:
<quoted text>
yes that does make a difference, and therefore we should have seen a DECELERATION in the collapse sequence as the laws of physics and conservation of momentum would dictate. So how do you account for the fact that the collapse accelerated and at no point did we see any deceleration? And remember, dust blowing in the wind does not increase in mass or momentum and cannot exert a piledriver force and it doesn't matter if your visibility was obscured by the dust.
Why does an avalanche pick up speed? It's just "dust in the wind", RIGHT, you ignor-an-us?
rider

Marquette, MI

#246066 Nov 13, 2012
Adolf Hitler was a psychopath and a monster but rose to power thanks to big business leaders and other supporters who appreciated his vow to destroy communism and control workers, Hollywood filmmaker Oliver Stone said Monday.

Stone, who is working on a 10-part documentary on the 20th century titled "The Secret History of the United States," said the German dictator was "enabled by Western bankers" and managed to "seduce" Germany's military industrial complex.

"Hitler is a monster. There is no question. I have no empathy for Hitler at all. He was a crazy psychopath," Stone told reporters in the Thai capital. "But like Frankenstein was a monster, there was a Dr. Frankenstein. He is product of his era."

Stone was in Bangkok to give a lecture to high school students on the role of film in peace-building as part of a visit organized by the Vienna-based International Peace Foundation.

He said the aim of his documentary, which two historians are helping him with, was to offer a fuller understanding of the 20th century and how some of those lessons may be relevant to President Barack Obama in 2010.

"What has America become? How can we in America not learn from Germany in the 1930s," the Oscar-winning director asked.

Earlier in the day, Stone told about 300 students that his 1991 movie "JFK," was his most controversial to date and that the United States remains in denial over the possibility that someone other than Lee Harvey Oswald could have assassinated John F. Kennedy.

Stone said exploring alternative theories over the JFK assassination remains too sensitive for those in the media or academia who "would be endangering their careers and their position."

"To this day, many key Americans in power are in total denial about this story," Stone said. "They don't even want to know about the possibility that he was killed by someone other than Lee Harvey Oswald. It is a national fairy tale."

"JFK" ridicules the Warren Commission's conclusion that Oswald acted alone and suggests a massive conspiracy.

Stone's film centered on a theory by New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison that a CIA-led mutiny killed the president and the plotters walked away unscathed. Garrison's theories went to court in 1967, but Clay Shaw, the alleged "evil genius" behind the assassination, was acquitted.

Stone said Monday he thought it was "a good thing" to revisit the JFK assassination. But he came under fire from the historians and film reviewers who contended Stone had fudged facts, invented characters and elevated speculation to truth to support his burning belief that the killing was a high-level government conspiracy.

"It's an amazing story and I did it," Stone said. "I thought I would be respected for it, and I was lambasted in the establishment press. I was called a myth-maker, a propagandist. I didn't see it coming. I thought the Kennedy murder was safe."

Stone is famous for several other movies, including the Vietnam War films "Born on the Fourth of July" and "Platoon," which won four Oscars, including best picture and best director.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#246067 Nov 13, 2012
Insults Are Smith wrote:
No pig, I ignore you because you are a repetitive, insulting, ignorant, dishonest, childish, and classless individual.
Thats why
Insults Are Easier
OH the twoofing IRONY!!!!!!!!!
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#246068 Nov 13, 2012
dust wrote:
<quoted text>
yes and most of it turned to dust and nanoparticles blowing away in the wind and blanketing lower Manhattan
Tell us, Professor, the exact ratio of "nanoparticles" blowing to the non-blowing "nanoparticles".'Mos t' doesn't cut it.
metal

Clay City, KY

#246069 Nov 13, 2012
RADEKT wrote:
so by just looking at pictures you can determine what the molten material was ...... ahhhh OK !?!?!?!?!?
<quoted text>
whatever metal it was...whether steel, aluminum, titanium, lead, or copper...why did it remain in its molten state for weeks after 9/11?
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#246070 Nov 13, 2012
acceleration wrote:
<quoted text>
We can measure the average speed of the free fall by using the simple equation of velocity which equals distance/time. The towers were roughly 1360 ft, now divde that by roughly 13 seconds and you get 104 ft/sec or about 70 miles/hr. Think about a building collapsing at an average speed of 70 mph! If it started at rest, then it would have had to accelerate to a speed greater than 70 mph at some point as it reached it's terminal velocity. Logic and physics would dictate that after an initial acceleration there should have been a deceleration because of resistance from the lower undamaged floor but instead we had an acceleration at near free fall reaching speeds of greater than 70 mph. In other words, the average speed attained and the time it took for the collapse was approximately equal to dropping a bowling ball from the top of the bowling. You don't need research to figure out that this is impossible in a 'pancake' collapse from jet fuel.
"Average speed" is meaningless.

After 13 seconds of "free fall" - acceleration due to gravity - a body is going 416 ft /sec or 330MPH.

Any "resistance" from the next lower floor is overcome practically instantaneously as the falling upper structure picks up speed and accummulates more mass (therefore F is growing exponentially). Buildings are designed to withstand a mostly static vertical load and reasonable "live" load, not a sledgehammer.

I think you got hit on the head by a falling bowling ball. Go back to smoking pot and reading Chaucer and leave the higher mathematics to your betters.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#246071 Nov 13, 2012
Insults Are Easier wrote:
<quoted text>
...I do know from experience that flying any plane at top speed, much less 100 mph beyond its operating limits, its highly difficult to hit a target especially at ground level.
Insults Are Easier
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you General Chuck Yeager!
ratio

Clay City, KY

#246072 Nov 13, 2012
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us, Professor, the exact ratio of "nanoparticles" blowing to the non-blowing "nanoparticles".'Mos t' doesn't cut it.
that would be like trying to figure out the ratio between non-firing neurons to firing neurons in your brain, and I would estimate that the ratio would be pretty high but it would be impossible for me to give you an exact ratio...anywhere between a million and billion to 1 if I were to take a conservative guesstimate, though I am not certain you have even that many neurons to begin with.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#246073 Nov 13, 2012
Dr_Zordipshit wrote:
Evidence of explosions in the WTC towers on 9/11,
brought to you by:
"a few kooks on the net"
Jet Fuel ha ha ha ha
That's A Good One huh eh !
Did you know that we have the number 240 in common? It's your weight and my IQ.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#246074 Nov 13, 2012
metal mania wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever metal it was...whether steel, aluminum, titanium, lead, or copper...why did it remain in its molten state for weeks after 9/11?
Because it was in a million ton Dutch oven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min curiouslu 739,797
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Gordon 227,693
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min confrinting with ... 542,877
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 26 min curiouslu 441,339
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 48 min Tealiban Fascists 173,746
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Roger 874
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 95,524
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 15 hr ms simmer 153

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••