SSPX and Vatican
saintmichael

Ashburn, VA

#1 Nov 14, 2011
The SSPX (Society of Pope Pius X) will not sign document issued by Vatican because it goes against God and the true teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.

The vatican lifted excommunication of independent Catholic chapels, and priests in 2009.
SSPX RULZ

Dexter, MO

#2 Aug 2, 2013
There are two types of catholics. Traditional Roman Catholics and progressive catholics . Traditionalist Catholics are Roman Catholics who believe that there should be a restoration of many or all of the liturgical forms, public and private devotions and presentations of Catholic teachings which prevailed in the Catholic Church before the Second Vatican Council (1962–65). Vatican Two was the split that made two paths of Catholicism. I guess you could basically put it as conservative vs liberal outlook. But, the Traditionalists ARE in direct line of historical Roman Catholicism. Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre's Society of St Pius X (SSPX)is the most notable and renowned (and the best). Some groups are in good standing, with the Vatican, and some are not. Pope Francis, I believe is "liberal".

Many churches during the sixties and seventies felt the "progressive urge" and changed their beliefs (this even goes along with institutions in our secular society in the USA).

These liberal tendencies are what destroyed the social fabric and values of a tried and true practices and beliefs. What people don't understand is, "Men's convictions as to Truth, or what they receive as the Truth, depend entirely upon their understanding of facts!" and that "Principles constitute the subject-matter...Times change, and men often change with them, but principles never! These, like truths, are eternal, unchangeable and immutable!" - A.H. Stephens
SSPX RULZ

Dexter, MO

#3 Aug 2, 2013
In addition, The society is known as a strong defender and proponent of the Tridentine Mass, along with pious practices, beliefs, customs and religious discipline often associated with the period before the Second Vatican Council, which the society believes promoted erroneous teachings and thereby reject as heretical. Our most powerful force of faith and enlightenment is the Prayers of the Stations of the Cross and the Rosary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Richard The Lion... 79,737
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 29 min Hatti_Hollerand 2,536
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min Acts4-12 NOTabout... 701,485
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,389
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 3 hr Johnny 718
Will Meghan Markle Bring Down the Royals? 3 hr Johnny 4
Bill Cosby guilty on all 3 charges. 3 hr Johnny 43
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752