I DON'T LIKE being black!!

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tisha

Charlotte, NC

#1 Aug 20, 2012
I don't hate who I am inside, and I think I am quite pretty but I don't particularly enjoy being a black person. I rarely meet an honest, nice, smart, caring black person. Most other races are decent, and I would have to say that the white people are nicest to me. I am married to a white man and his family is very accepting of us and our children. Our 2 kids go to a private school. Private schools have less black people in them because they can't afford it or don't care enough. I get called names such as Cracker on a regular basis, even by blacks I don't know like when I am out shopping with my husband.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2 Aug 20, 2012
I hope you find happiness
Tisha

Charlotte, NC

#3 Aug 20, 2012
Thank you and I am happy except that I dont like most black people. There are some good black folks but then they are like me. They are nice normal blacks who dont have a chip on thier shouder towards the white man. If blacks want to be hating on whites then they should do more research because there was plenty of white abolitionists back in those days. And my kids names are Jessica and Jonathan instead of shaquandita or Demariun and I bet my kids will get hired somewhere sooner than those with the ghetto names.Just speaking the truth. My sister wont have a thing to do with me an my hubby and kids simply because i married a white man.He is nice educated and a good man and a great father and hard worker but all she cares about is his color. I will be the first to tell you that blacks are way more racist than whites.
flowIer

Oshawa, Canada

#4 Aug 20, 2012
Tisha,am not a racist but u r a hiprocrit,why u dont like black people and u r black?,u should love everyone dont mind what people say to u,you r a black women,i hate when people said they want to be somthing else,that how god made you,his u same people sold out marcus garvey.be proud to be black and dont sell your soul,u ever heard any white people saying they want to be black? Ur so stupid,if god did stay like man plenty of us would get strike same time.believe in yourself thats how god made u,dont business what people or ur sister want to say about u.that ur own life.
Trollscope

New York, NY

#5 Aug 20, 2012
Tisha wrote:
I don't hate who I am inside, and I think I am quite pretty but I don't particularly enjoy being a black person. I rarely meet an honest, nice, smart, caring black person. Most other races are decent, and I would have to say that the white people are nicest to me. I am married to a white man and his family is very accepting of us and our children. Our 2 kids go to a private school. Private schools have less black people in them because they can't afford it or don't care enough. I get called names such as Cracker on a regular basis, even by blacks I don't know like when I am out shopping with my husband.
Actually, if you look in the mirror, you will discover that you are actually white..........and male.

So not to worry
Eviltroll

West Chicago, IL

#6 Aug 20, 2012
Tisha wrote:
who cares you skkank. i hope the klan lynches you and eats your dog
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#8 Aug 20, 2012
Trollscope wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if you look in the mirror, you will discover that you are actually white..........and male.
So not to worry
What's up with all these white males posing as black chicks on Topix?
Do they secretly want to be transracial transexuals?
It's just weird...
flowIer

Oshawa, Canada

#9 Aug 20, 2012
They really stupid,
blades

Oshawa, Canada

#10 Aug 20, 2012
Be yourself
ironic

Freeport, Bahamas

#11 Aug 24, 2012
i agree, im black and i dont like being black. Especially how majority of black people are ghetto and obnoxious, the society looks at all black people like that.Its not fair. Its like im white stuck inside a black person body.
aaliyah

London, UK

#12 Oct 12, 2013
Tisha wrote:
I can't say I agree totally with you! As a black teenager, I know exactly how you feel, there are some times when I have thoughts like that, but if I go given the option to actually be whey would I? Not a chance!
Just because you haven't met one "honest, nice, smart, caring black person" yet whose to say you won't? Chances are you've been looking for this "perfect" black person in your neighbourhood/area where different ethnic groups behave in the same way. I know for one that I can be all of those things - on a good day:)! But it's wrong to stereotype every black person as rude, ghetto, arrogant, two faces, feisty to name a few because we're not all like that!
Also i have to agree with another comment in saying that you are a bit of a hypocrite because how can you be discriminating against your own people just because you've had a bad experience around them?! And tbh maybe I wouldn't call you names like "cracker" whatever that means but I'd certainly be thinking of names like "coconut" - White on the inside, black on the outside because it's like your completely oblivious to our roots?
Lots of black people are educated, and have money to pay for things like private school (not that I'm trying to get competitive). So you don't have any right in saying black people can't afford it. A lot of black people near where I live go to grammar schools! Although the name choice is entirely up to you, I think it's ridiculous that you named your children Jonathan and Jessica just because you think that will give them a better chance in life. What is that about?
I have nothing to say about your relationship with your sister because who am I to judge? But you shouldn't let past experiences make you completely fall out with the black culture and community. Yes, your sister is wrong for not accepting you and your family, but your also wrong for becoming so against black people! Your special as who you are, your husband must see that, so why don't you? Black is beautiful, just as beautiful as any other race!
TAS

Trenton, NJ

#13 Jun 23, 2014
Things like this make me really upset. I am an African American teenager attending and school with mostly Caucasian and Asian people. A lot of the black kids at my school act "ghetto,"curse a lot, and get into trouble.I on the other hand am in the honors program, try my best to succeed, and wait, I know this is rare amongst humans of all races, but *gasp* I'm actually nice to people. All of the remaining African- Americans at my school try to act "white" (even though there is no such thing as acting like a certain race because everyone is a fabulously unique induvidual.) Another point to add about me is that I'm kind of viewed as one of those "progressive-hipster-indi e-punk-rocker-tortured-writer- with-a-heart-of-gold" types, with an emphasis on the "progressive." I believe that people are just that- people. If you're black and involved with a caucasian? That's cool. An Indian person who has a thing for Latin Americans? Good for you. I don't care. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you (as long as your definition of nice and mine are along the same path.)
Some may call me an ignorant child, I believe that I have a voiced and I have a right to use it (or fingers for typing on a keyboard... you get what I mean.) I understand that racism is still an issue. It will probably not change in any of our lifetimes. I understand that it isn't fair that we don't have the luxury to name our children what we want or give no thought to spouse's skin colour without having to consider to our future wellbeing based on our choices. I understand that I don't have the right to force everyone on planet Earth to conform to my way of thinking, but I hope that someone at least listens to what I have to say.

Please Note-

I'm sorry if this was the wrong place to say this... or type it, whatever. But hey, when inspiration strikes...
Please feel free to give me your opinions about anything that I've had to say, it would really be valuable to me, and I think that the world could do with having a few more people who aren't araid to speak their minds :)
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#14 Jun 24, 2014
ironic wrote:
i agree, im black and i dont like being black. Especially how majority of black people are ghetto and obnoxious, the society looks at all black people like that.Its not fair. Its like im white stuck inside a black person body.
that is why Michael J tried hard to become a white girl
kindahard

Howell, MI

#16 Jun 24, 2014
I fck hate being black..

if there was A machine where I could de blackify myself i'd jump into it in An instant..

I can't even figure out that i'm black or that people hate me for being black because I barely even look black And sometimes people say i'm not even black And ask me to call other black people racial slurs with them..

other times I get called the racial slur or .. like shit like that..
tracye

Lithia Springs, GA

#18 Jul 12, 2014
I HEAR YOU! YOU know that lyric "black is not the color for me" that describes how I feel perfectly! I would not have wanted to have come from such a predominately ugly race of people with nappy ugly shit forsaken disgusting hair!
Rigel 7

New York, NY

#19 Jul 13, 2014
Stormfront must be getting old to you guys. You come here and pretend to be black now, lol
Black person

Hawthorne, CA

#20 Jul 31, 2014
Tisha wrote:
Tisha even though I'm younger than you I go through the same thing I don't particularly like being black but I don't hate it either. I always wish I could be white but I know it'll never happen so I try not to think about it. And I just want to say that your kind of being stereotypical to black people I know that were known to be ghetto or loud and what not but, not all black people are like that. So you shouldn't automatically assume oh hey that persons black they must be ignorant. Even though I don't like being black I'm not racist. And even though I'm young I still know that it isn't right to keep your kids away from black children when their part black. It's not right to have your children growing up around one certain type of race like just white people. They should be introduced to all different races in my opinion. So I just want u to overthink your choices because black people aren't all bad I mean they aren't the only ghetto people there's other ghetto races to. I hope you make the right decision.
Doctor REALITY

Mena, AR

#21 Jul 31, 2014
Tisha wrote:
Here's another thread started by a white person pretending to be black.
anon

Spring Valley, NY

#22 Aug 3, 2014
I have the same problem. I find it very difficult to love myself completely for who I am when I have the skin color I do. but the fact of the matter is we can't change who we are. black is beautiful. white is beautiful. we are all humans on this earth, and need to realize that no one is better than the next. so love yourself, because there is no other you
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#23 Aug 4, 2014
anon wrote:
I have the same problem. I find it very difficult to love myself completely for who I am when I have the skin color I do. but the fact of the matter is we can't change who we are. black is beautiful. white is beautiful. we are all humans on this earth, and need to realize that no one is better than the next. so love yourself, because there is no other you
Whites are the most beautiful.

Asians are the more beautiful.

Blacks are beautiful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min PadMark 687,291
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 12 min Aura Mytha 31,084
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Aerobatty 987,309
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 44 min Johnny 25
My "thorn in the flesh" God won't fix....this s... 1 hr Satan 5
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Hang em high 286,561
Whose fault was it that O.J. Simpson beat murde... (Mar '16) 1 hr Johnny 49
More from around the web