NRA and Mass Shootings
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Dec 21, 2012
I fail to see how the NRA has any relevance to mass shootings.
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#2 Dec 21, 2012
The stand of the NRA has always been, "guns don't shoot people, people do".

so all anyone has to do is point a finger at someone and ....... pop! they're dead!
Proccw

O Fallon, MO

#3 Dec 21, 2012
Force Majeure wrote:
The stand of the NRA has always been, "guns don't shoot people, people do".
so all anyone has to do is point a finger at someone and ....... pop! they're dead!
Reasonable sane thoughts will conclude that a gun is unable to fire itself. This is a serious issue requiring serious reasonably logical action. Reasonable gun reform could help but is not the end all solution. A big part of the problem is the shooters mental state. Mental health reform is a critical part of the solution. We need affordable, accessible mental health programs.
Olde Dragon

Maitland, FL

#4 Dec 21, 2012
Proccw wrote:
<quoted text>Reasonable sane thoughts will conclude that a gun is unable to fire itself. This is a serious issue requiring serious reasonably logical action. Reasonable gun reform could help but is not the end all solution. A big part of the problem is the shooters mental state. Mental health reform is a critical part of the solution. We need affordable, accessible mental health programs.
As long as insurance companies and Big Pharma have their way, and until we remove the social stigma against those with mental/emotional diseases, mental health reform will never happen. Americans are too damned impatient; we want the immediate solution and we want it right now. Reforming the mental health profession will require money, training, social/governmental commitment (Gods forbid) and (the horror)**time**. It's so much easier to have a knee-jerk reaction, so we don't have to think about doing the hard work.
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#5 Dec 21, 2012
Proccw wrote:
<quoted text>Reasonable sane thoughts will conclude that a gun is unable to fire itself....
Reasonable sane thoughts will conclude that a human is unable to shoot someone without a gun ....

LAcreole

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#6 Dec 21, 2012
I am pro-guns myself, but doesn't mean I'm a sheep of the NRA. NRA are all and only about making as much money and having as much power as God himself, point blank. So don't be alarmed that they come out each and everytime on national television to preach about Americans needing more guns (NRA needing more money - code detected). They don't give a damn about those dead children in CT or dead teachers. As far as I am concerned, they were smiling about it and were loving it because they know the intelligence of the American people: To go out and rack up on more and more guns (more spending) in fear that the gubment 'gon take away their guns and 2nd amendment rights.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#7 Dec 22, 2012
LAcreole wrote:
I am pro-guns myself, but doesn't mean I'm a sheep of the NRA. NRA are all and only about making as much money and having as much power as God himself, point blank. So don't be alarmed that they come out each and everytime on national television to preach about Americans needing more guns (NRA needing more money - code detected). They don't give a damn about those dead children in CT or dead teachers. As far as I am concerned, they were smiling about it and were loving it because they know the intelligence of the American people: To go out and rack up on more and more guns (more spending) in fear that the gubment 'gon take away their guns and 2nd amendment rights.
That is one of the most intelligent replies I've ever heard.

LAcreole

Location hidden

#8 Dec 22, 2012
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one of the most intelligent replies I've ever heard.
Thank you. Americans as I am one just don't want to feel like they're imitating the Europeans when it comes to gun control and their strict gun laws. There is a big difference between the numbers 35 and 12,000. 35 represents the very number of deaths in England by guns. 12,000 represents the very number of deaths in the U.S. by guns. If Americans took the time to stop being arrogant and just see what other safer countries are doing, then we'd be better off. Just because you're pro-guns doesn't mean you have to fall to being pro-stupid. I care more about children than I do my gun rights or the 2nd amendment. Too bad a lot of Americans don't feel the same.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#10 Dec 22, 2012
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you're pro-guns doesn't mean you have to fall to being pro-stupid.
One would hope.
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>I care more about children than I do my gun rights or the 2nd amendment.
Children ought to be the obvious preferrence.
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad a lot of Americans don't feel the same.
I think it's a problem with the feeling of inferiority and Hollywood hero worshiping.

If people are indocrinated into believing that you're NOBODY unless you're famous or a hero then they think they're not worth anything. So "the American Dream" seems to be doing something extravagant or be the guy who shoots him. In both cases it's GUNS, GUNS, GUNS instead of SENSE, SENSE, SENSE.

LAcreole

Location hidden

#11 Dec 22, 2012
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
One would hope.
<quoted text>
Children ought to be the obvious preferrence.
<quoted text>
I think it's a problem with the feeling of inferiority and Hollywood hero worshiping.
If people are indocrinated into believing that you're NOBODY unless you're famous or a hero then they think they're not worth anything. So "the American Dream" seems to be doing something extravagant or be the guy who shoots him. In both cases it's GUNS, GUNS, GUNS instead of SENSE, SENSE, SENSE.
I totally agree. This isn't the wild wild west anymore, but many would love to go back to that era: mass murders.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#12 Dec 22, 2012
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. This isn't the wild wild west anymore, but many would love to go back to that era: mass murders.
Bush and Reagan have succeeeded in mass murdering and getting away with it: setting the example for generations to come? Let's hope not.

LAcreole

Location hidden

#13 Dec 22, 2012
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush and Reagan have succeeeded in mass murdering and getting away with it: setting the example for generations to come? Let's hope not.
Oh it's much too late for that. This country is going into the shitter by the day and hour it seems. G.W. Bush sent not only America but the entire globe into an economic meltdown. And these so call Republicans in this country anyway put guns before fixing the economy. 6562

“Winchester Model 1894”

Since: Apr 07

Roy, Washington

#14 Dec 22, 2012
I may have said this before on another thread, but it's worth repeating. At the begining of WW2 a very wise Japanese general said this, "It would be suicide to invade the United States, behind every blade of grass is a rifle". So these recent events is the horrible price we pay for the freedoms we have.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#15 Dec 22, 2012
The National Rifle Association long ago lost its collective mind to zealotry and with their recent musings concerning the Connecticut tragedy, they've now pretty much made themselves one of the better arguments for throttling our 2nd Amendment rights. Thanks, Wayne and company. Responsible gun owners of America unite, with friends like the NRA, it's no wonder we have enemies, don't let them speak for us anymore.

LAcreole

Location hidden

#16 Dec 22, 2012
MPMARTIN wrote:
I may have said this before on another thread, but it's worth repeating. At the begining of WW2 a very wise Japanese general said this, "It would be suicide to invade the United States, behind every blade of grass is a rifle". So these recent events is the horrible price we pay for the freedoms we have.
Yet the only enemies we seem to be "invaded" by are innocent little children, 20 in total. I question why Americans are so afraid of the outside world. Not everyone is out to get you (us). There's no point in a civilian having 6 guns including semi automatic rifles in their homes having not served in the military or police force. If they're that gun happy, then by all means take their lazy scary asses to war and help those soldiers fight those foreign enemies.

Since: Dec 12

Waxhaw, NC

#17 Dec 22, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
I fail to see how the NRA has any relevance to mass shootings.
The NRA doesn't. This whole gun ordeal is all about the government taking our rights to bear arms. Obama Sin Laden is in Hawaii right now, with his kids, and his armed guards, living it up. The whole thing sounds like another plot to have gun rights abolished. It's always some Joe Blow no one knows killing a bunch of kids or plotting these horrendous acts of evil...Really? We have the NRA fighting for individual gun rights? We have Barack Osama fighting to take them away? Which would benefit more from shooting elementary school children....at Christmas, the most memorable child/family-oriented time of the year? And, the church people gunned down in PA? People promoting gun rights aren't going to go around shooting folks? So, either the 20 year old guy was suffering a mental disorder that prob wasn't as severe as they have illustrated, or that thing that I did not vote for in our "pretend" election had a bunch of kids murdered so he could blame it on the NRA right smack dab before Christmas, staining our memory with blood, hopelessness, and fear so we "the people" would go along with his plot and leave us defenseless.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#18 Dec 23, 2012
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh it's much too late for that. This country is going into the shitter by the day and hour it seems. G.W. Bush sent not only America but the entire globe into an economic meltdown. And these so call Republicans in this country anyway put guns before fixing the economy. 6562
Jesus! You're even more pessimistic than I am. I keep thinking that the American people will some day (soon) organize and start pounding the pavement in D.C. and pulling apart the Whine House & the Pentagram, brick by brick and save the country at the last minute, just as they did to stop the Vietnam War.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#19 Dec 23, 2012
MPMARTIN wrote:
I may have said this before on another thread, but it's worth repeating. At the begining of WW2 a very wise Japanese general said this, "It would be suicide to invade the United States, behind every blade of grass is a rifle".
So says Section-Eight Boy.

The quote you refer to was motivation for Japan to drop "the bomb" instead of invading, pea brain.
MPMARTIN wrote:
So these recent events is the horrible price we pay for the freedoms we have.
Care to tell us what "freedoms" you're talking about?

You mean like the "Circle K" being open all night long so you can purchase butter-flavoured Jiffy Pop & Twinkies to keep your buttocks over-stocked with cellulite?

Or maybe the "freedom" to chose what insurance policy that you can't afford?

Or the "freedom" to chose between bleeding to death at the emergency room at the hospital or mortgaging your home to pay the costs?

Or the "freedom" to chose whether to be shot dead at school, the post office, the cinema, the church, the shopping mall, or just "driving by"?

Soooooo ........ what "freedom" are you talking about?
Force Majeure

Sweden

#20 Dec 23, 2012
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>
I question why Americans are so afraid of the outside world.
POINT ONE: In a word, "propaganda". In another word, "misinformation". In a third word, "censorship".

POINT TWO: In a expression, "With us or against us". In another expression, "It's either them, or us". Well, it's just more of point one really.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#22 Dec 23, 2012
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately about gun laws and control in this country...very pessimistic. I'm currently listening to talk radio as I type and they're talking about gun control and the Sandy Hook school shooting. Many of these people calling in are morons.
Well, I've heard the "guns don't kill people" rutine a hundred times. Your opinion seems to be that guns are OK but the people who use them are idiots. I guess that's just another way of "controlling" - not the guns but the people.

With a global aspect it should be fair to say ("as the situation stands") that Americans ought NOT to be those with guns. In other words GUNS + AMERICANS = MURDER MAYHEM. So the "quick fix" looks to be, eliminate guns or eliminate Americans. There can be only one "right" choice in the quick fix scenario.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay jerk off 12-14 tinychat (Jan '14) 2 min Rollando 3
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 40 min MUQ2 44,963
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 43 min MUQ2 442
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 56,061
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr trifecta1 971,801
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 2 hr RiccardoFire 21
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr RoSesz 650,329
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Xcentric in Vidor 445,915
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Tue akon mason 70
More from around the web