Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#3248 Mar 29, 2013
RFD wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M uhammad_Ali if he was pitted against a real fighter, such as cage fighter, he would be taken down quite early and rendered quite harmless.

Oh, this is VERY debatable.

Granted, Muhammad Alis discipline was boxing.

But, Muhammad could adapt to different styles.

So, Ali could VERY well have adapted to the format of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).

By the way, Muhammad was not the greatest heavyweight boxer of all time.

In my next post, I'll list several boxers who would have beaten Ali.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#3249 Mar 29, 2013
RFD wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M uhammad_Ali
Muhammed Ali's offense.

Clearly, Muhammad Ali should rank within the top 10 of the greatest heavyweight boxers of all time.

But, several other top boxers would have beaten Ali.

Here they are.---

1. Rocky Marciano.--- Due to Rocky employing 3 different respective boxing styles. The swarmer style, slugger style & a variant of the boxer-puncher style.

In my next post, I'll expound upon why Rocky would have beaten Muhammad.

2. Joe Louis.-- Due to Joes boxer-puncher style.

In my next post, I'll expound upon why Joe would have beaten Ali.

3. Jersey Joe Walcott.--- Due to Jersey Joes boxer-puncher style.

Also, due to Jersey Joe being shorter than Muhammad.

Jersey Joe, when fighting against taller opponents.--- Jersey Joe was a master of these critical variables in the boxing ring.--- Distance, position & timing.

In addition, Jersey Joes left hook.

Jersey Joe would have beaten Ali.

4. Ezzard Charles.--- Due to Ezzards master-boxer style.

Also, due to Charles being shorter than Muhammad.

Ezzard, when fighting against taller opponents.--- Ezzard was a master of distance, position & timing in the ring.

Furthermore, Charles had a very fast paced offensive attack.

Ezzard also had defensive skill.

Charles had excellent counter-punching ability.

Ezzard would have beaten Ali.

5. Lennox Lewis.--- Due to Lennoxs boxer-puncher style.

Along with Lewis being taller & heavier than Ali.

Lennox had way more punching power than Muhammad.

Lennox would have beaten Ali.

6. Riddick Bowe of the very early 1990s.--- Due to Riddicks boxer-puncher style.

Along with Bowe being taller & heavier than Muhammad.

Riddick had more punching power than Ali.

Riddick would have beaten Ali.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#3250 Mar 29, 2013
RFD --- Both Rocky Marciano & Joe Louis.--- Would have beaten Muhammad Ali.

Among heavyweight boxers.-- Rocky Marciano & Joe Louis should rank at the top 2 professional boxers of all time.

Rocky did fight Joe once.

Rocky beat Joe by a knockout. Rocky knocked Joe out cold & right out of the ring.

But, Joe was 37 years old. So, in regards to his stamina & endurance.--- Joe was past his prime.

But, Louis was carrying more weight.

Joe had more punching power. Than what he had for his fights at the midway point to earlier in his professional boxing career.

For Joes fight against Rocky.--- Joes weight at the "weigh in" was at around 213 3/4 pounds.

On the day of the fight, Joes weight was around 233 3/4 pounds.

Rockys weight at the weigh in was at around 184 pounds.

On the day of the Louis fight.--- Rockys weight was at around 204 pounds.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#3251 Mar 29, 2013
RFD & Desmond --- Rocky Marciano & Joe Louis would have definitely beaten Muhammad Ali.

Due to Rockys & Joes physical abilities. Also, due to their respective boxing styles.

Rocky employed 3 different boxing styles. Here they are.--- 1. Swarmer style. 2. Slugger style. 3. A variant of the boxer-puncher style.

Joe employed the boxer-puncher style.

Muhammad Ali employed the master-boxer style.

Muhammad had speed, footwork, torso movement, waist movement & combination punches.

But, Ali had NOWHERES near the punching power.

Such as what Rocky & Joe had.

Furthermore, Muhammad would hold his hands wrong.

This would have ESPECIALLY been critical & fatal for Alis defense.

Against Rocky Marciano &/or against Joe Louis.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#3252 Mar 29, 2013
RFD & Desmond ----- Reasons why Rocky Marciano & Joe Louis would have beaten Muhammad Ali.

I'll first start with Rocky.---

Marcianos trainers trained & conditioned Rocky.-- To have a physical build which was totally suited to keep up a non-stop, continual & intense (But, non-erratic) attack upon his opponents.

But, also a physical build which could generate TREMENDOUS punching power.

In addition, Rocky had TREMENDOUS chin strength. For the rest of Rockys body, he had a TREMENDOUS threshold of pain.

Examples which show this.---

1. Rockys fights against Jersey Joe Walcott & Archie Moore.--

Both Jersey Joe & Archie hit Marciano DIRECTLY on his chin. With left hooks

But, Rocky was dropped for ONLY a 3 count both times.

Jersey Joe & Archie were totally SHOCKED! Both Jersey Joe & Archie said that other opponents whom they hit with their lethal left hooks were knocked out cold.

But, Marciano was down for only a 3 count. When Rocky rose, he looked them right in their eyes & he shook his head.

Rockys punching power was rated the highest. Second highest rated was Earnie Shavers. Third highest rated was George Foreman.

Marcianos punching power was rated as being the equivalent of an armor piercing bullet.

Rockys professional record was 49-0. With 43 wins coming by way of knockout.

He defeated ALL of the very top heavyweights of his era.

He defeated the VERY great Joe Louis. Louis was knocked right out of the ring.

Marciano fought (Defeated) Jersey Joe Walcott (Walcotts boxing style was boxer-puncher) twice.

Rocky fought (Defeated) Ezzard Charles (Ezzards boxing style was master boxer) twice.

Marciano beat Archie Moore (Moore utilized the Boxer-puncher style & master-boxer style).

With Rockys boxing styles. His ability to adapt. Rockys chin strength & threshold of pain. Marcianos IMMENSE stamina & endurance.

Along with Rockys lethal punching power.---

Had Rocky fought Muhammad Ali.--- Rocky would have definitely won.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#3253 Mar 29, 2013
RFD & Desmond ---- Why Joe Louis would have beaten Muhammad Ali.---

Because of these 2 CRITICAL factors.---

1. Joes respective boxing style.

2. Joe, the individual.

In regards to #1, Joes boxing style.--- Joe employed the boxer-puncher style.

The way how Joe utilized it.--- He had an intense stalker, hunter style attack in the professional boxing ring.

But, Joe was always cautious. He was never erratic.

Granted, Joe didn't have the single, lethal one punch power. Such as what Rocky Marciano, Earnie Shavers & George Foreman had.

But, Joe had enough punching power which would have been fatal to Muhammad Ali.

For Joes offensive attack.--- He primarily relied upon lightening quick punch combinations.

Joe utilized a one, two punch combination.

Louis could fire off his punches in very precise & piston like precision.

Joes boxer-puncher style would have given Alis master-boxer style A LOT of trouble.

Other advantages for Joe.--- Joes physical conditioning.

Throughout Joes entire professional boxing career.--- He never gassed out.

Even over the duration of a 15 round fight.

Here's an indicator as to why Joe would have beaten Ali.--

Alis 3 fights against Ken Norton.-- Norton defeated Ali in their first fight.

Ken EVEN broke Alis jaw.

In their first fight, Norton TOTALLY whooped Ali.

In Nortons second & third fights against Ali.--- Ken was actually leading on the judges scorecards. But Norton slacked off in the second halfs of both the second & third fights against Ali.

Ken would lose in his second & third fights against Ali. By VERY close 15 round decisions.

Since Norton gave Ali A LOT of trouble.--- Joe Louis would have been a NIGHTMARE for Ali.

This is why.--- Ken Norton had ABSOLUTELY NOWHERES near the punching power, stamina or endurance. Such as what Joe Louis had.

In addition, Ken didn't have anything near the boxing style &/or technique. Such as what Joe Louis had.

So, had Joe Louis fought Muhammad Ali.--- Joe Louis would have DEFINITELY beaten Ali.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#3254 Mar 29, 2013
Desmond --- I have to step out now. I still have to respond back to your last 4 posts which you addressed to me. I might have some time by Sunday. If not, definitely by Tuesday. Either way, I'll definitely get back to you.
RFD

Oakland, CA

#3255 Mar 29, 2013
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Ali could VERY well have adapted to the format of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).
How would you know. What is your experience? Have you ever fought competitively or even trained in ANY fighting system?
Everyone wants to be an armchair warrior.
RFD

Oakland, CA

#3256 Mar 29, 2013
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
In my many, many blog discussions & debates on Topix.--- If the other poster is mature, the courtesy will be extended on my part.
Even with my many, many blog discussions & debates on Topix will all of these different African American (Descendants of black American slaves) posters.---- Cerebral, Antimatter, Gailardia, spikewebb, AA Diaspora, Savant, The Truth, Neal, The Moor, Dentsun, Traum, innocent, salvation and glory, im human too, liberate madness, Stop the Insane, latrina smith, Jari, Sharon, Formyown & EvaLasVegas.---
Despite these African Americans (Descendants of black American slaves) being Democrats.--- They were all mature.
Unlike you.
If the other posters are mature, the courtesy is extended.
But, if the other poster types up VERY stupid, juvenile & childish threads &/or posts.--- If I have some time, I'm going to call them on it.
You, yourself are totally well aware of this.
Stop youir lying, fella. You came right into this thread attacking me , slandering me , insulting me by calling me an African-American and black when I am neither. YOu constantly troll on my posts, twisting them. When I returned the favor, you began getting very childish and acting like you have been smoking crack. You are also lying by saying I am all different people, I ask for proof, youy cannot give any nor can back-up anything that you state here. Yet you constantly tell your lies. I came into this thread with good intentions while you came here to troll and tell a bunch of bs. Now you are pretending that you have ring experience.
The only ring experience you have is in the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus ring of Topix.
RFD

Oakland, CA

#3257 Mar 29, 2013
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, ha.
In your attempt at trolling.--- At least try to make your posts at least 2% "believable".
There you go again. It is you " yet another very stupid, juvenile & childish post."
You know nohing abuot me yet you are going to throw your siht at me....

You are reverting back into your ancestry found in Ethiopia..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...
RFD

Oakland, CA

#3258 Mar 29, 2013
When you say,“all of those blacks are caught for attacking and killng Caucasians”, it goes to show what you are a Nerd, fella. Yes, a NERD. I will fill you in on something here, Nerd: Now the blacks that are caught and go to jail or prison for kicking your arse for being white, you are PAYING for their food, lodging and so forth for kicking your arse and maybe even killing you. Something else here too, they get more nasty and vicious while in jail or prison. More nasty and vicious for when they get out of jail , Johnny. In addition to paying for their food and lodging, when they get out of jail/prison, you pay for their bus ride out of there too. Johnny, have you ever been jumped by a gang of blacks? Or maybe just one and then many join in to get a piece of you? Have they ever tried to kill you? I bet none of that. Like I say, other than the fights that you start on Topix with your trolling bs, I doubt that you have ever been in a fight in your life. Kids probably used to take your lunch money from you in school because they knew that you would not standup for yourself and what is yours. Poor little fella. Now you have found Topix in where you can attack people with text in where you cannot be taken to task, so now you spend your every waking moment trying to get revenge- Revenge Of The Nerds. Okay, so you say you are not Caucasian …..

RFD

Oakland, CA

#3259 Mar 29, 2013
Yes, putting his black attackers in jail to get nastier, more vicious, dangerous and to hate Caucasians even more than they did before. Johnny does not realize that he is paying for those blacks to get that ‘training’, food, housing, utilities and paying their bus fares when they get out of jail. Now while johnny feels safe because he thinks his black attackers are in jail, Johnny is on the bus headed for one of those nerd places like onoobie or a place like that…one of his attacker has just got out of jail on an early release and is on that same bus as Johnny, riding in the back of the bus. His black attacker remembers him- remembers that Johnny ran away scared ,didn’t stick-up for himself and then told on him. Black attacker thinks about that and his jail stint and as his anger rises, he watches Johnny like a hawk from the back of the bus. Black attacker decides to ride bus until Johnny gets off of the bus…. Johnny is coming up to his stop, he stands up and is waiting by back door for the stop. Black attacker has his eyes fixed on Johnny, watching him closely. Right when the bus stops , black attacker heads swiftly for back door where johnny is just stepping off of the step , black attacker winds-up and using the step for leverage, he launches…..((((POW!!!)))) right hook from behind landing straight on Johnny’s jaw, dropping him like a sack of potatoes. Johnny looks up, black attacker draws back his foot and…(((POOOWWW!!!!))) right foot connects directly on the side of Johnny’s face right next to his eyeball, popping his eyeball out of the socket. Black attacker runs off with Johnny‘s laptop leaving Johnny on the ground with his eyeball dangling from the socket hanging by the nerves, wiring or whatever you want to call them. Black attacker is never to be seen again( pun not intended). Poor thing, Johnny paid for his black attackers food, housing, training and bus fare only to be broken once again, poor little Humpty Dumpty. Johnny’s theory; Oh well, hopefully he will do it again to someone else and gets put back in jail. Again, Johnny does not realize that he is paying for that persons food, lodging, bus tickets and so forth. He also does not realize that when that black attacker gets out of jail AGAIN, black attacker might just be on the same bus as Johnny. Once again….(((PPOOOWW!!))) boxing Johnny‘s ears…Haha!
Dig wum sayin, lil fella? You funny, funny, little booger! God damn , you make me laugh.
So where am I posting in all of those different threads,,hmm? Provide links or shut your pie hole about that.
First, you claim that I am black, I proved that wrong and now…well, you are claiming that I am posting all over Topix. Geez man.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3260 Mar 30, 2013
Johnny wrote:
RFD & Desmond ---- Why Joe Louis would have beaten Muhammad Ali.---
Because of these 2 CRITICAL factors.---
1. Joes respective boxing style.
2. Joe, the individual.
In regards to #1, Joes boxing style.--- Joe employed the boxer-puncher style.
The way how Joe utilized it.--- He had an intense stalker, hunter style attack in the professional boxing ring.
But, Joe was always cautious. He was never erratic.
Granted, Joe didn't have the single, lethal one punch power. Such as what Rocky Marciano, Earnie Shavers & George Foreman had.
But, Joe had enough punching power which would have been fatal to Muhammad Ali.
For Joes offensive attack.--- He primarily relied upon lightening quick punch combinations.
Joe utilized a one, two punch combination.
Louis could fire off his punches in very precise & piston like precision.
Joes boxer-puncher style would have given Alis master-boxer style A LOT of trouble.
Other advantages for Joe.--- Joes physical conditioning.
Throughout Joes entire professional boxing career.--- He never gassed out.
Even over the duration of a 15 round fight.
Here's an indicator as to why Joe would have beaten Ali.--
Alis 3 fights against Ken Norton.-- Norton defeated Ali in their first fight.
Ken EVEN broke Alis jaw.
In their first fight, Norton TOTALLY whooped Ali.
In Nortons second & third fights against Ali.--- Ken was actually leading on the judges scorecards. But Norton slacked off in the second halfs of both the second & third fights against Ali.
Ken would lose in his second & third fights against Ali. By VERY close 15 round decisions.
Since Norton gave Ali A LOT of trouble.--- Joe Louis would have been a NIGHTMARE for Ali.
This is why.--- Ken Norton had ABSOLUTELY NOWHERES near the punching power, stamina or endurance. Such as what Joe Louis had.
In addition, Ken didn't have anything near the boxing style &/or technique. Such as what Joe Louis had.
So, had Joe Louis fought Muhammad Ali.--- Joe Louis would have DEFINITELY beaten Ali.
you're wrong on both accounts.
first of all, marciano.

- marciano was too short and small he would have been at a huge size disadvantage.
- marciano was very slow-handed even for such a small guy
- marciano was very slow-footed and even clumsy footed.
- marciano's defense was his face.
- marciano's record of 49-0 is deceptive. first of all, he lost to ezzard charles in their first fight. charles easily outboxed him. also, marciano arguably lost to roland lastarza, another guy who could jab and counter punch a little.
- marciano's competition was the weakest era ever before the present era ...it was post ww2. boxing was rebuilding and all the top fighters were old men like walcott and charles and archie moore. walcott at 37 was the oldest man ever to hold the title. he had won the title from charles who was really a light heavyweight and over the hill. moore was the oldest fighter in existence at the time.
- as old and way past his prime as he was, walcott droppped marciano and was beating marciano's a88 for 13 rounds before he got hit by a lucky shot.
- walcott was older than joe louis. louis had beat him twice, the first fight being somewhat controversial.
charles was a lightheavyweight...so was mooore.
- against a young, prime ali, marciano would have been ripped to threads and dumped on his a88 in 2 or 3 rounds. against an older ali, marciano would have been badly battered and knocked out...ali could take the best punches of foreman, frazier, quarry, etc...marciano was too slow and ali woulda busted him up with complete ease.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3261 Mar 30, 2013
joe louis was a far better fighter than marciano...joe louis was ahead of his time. but as great as louis was for the 1930's, ali was equally ahead of his time. ali was the sugar ray robinson of the heavyweights. he was untouchable in his prime. now as he got older, he showed a combination of skill, brains and guts that's never been seen before in boxing.

-louis was too slow footed....joe had very fast hands and punched in combinations, but he was not a very mobile fighter. that was his primary weakness. agains white fighters it was ok, because they all came directly at louis and he would just blow them out...but ali would have made him pay by moving around the ring and landing jabs, hooks and right crosses from different angles. the way billy conn made louis work. but conn got stupid and tried to slug and got blown out too. but louis showed against walcott and charles that he could be outboxed if the other guy knew how to use the rinng and punch from different angles... also, louis was only 6 foot tall, quite a bit shorter than ali and not as fast as ali.

ali would have stopped louis late or won an easy 12 round decision.
socci

Cameron, MO

#3262 Mar 30, 2013
RFD wrote:
How would you know. What is your experience? Have you ever fought competitively or even trained in ANY fighting system?
Everyone wants to be an armchair warrior.

Pro sports in general has been rigged for a long time. Social engineering more than anything. This is why the white man is kept out. Don King the ex-con should be the first clue.

They take dives. Tyson did nothing.

Then Tommy Morrison somehow made it to the top and defeated the one after Tyson, only to be told he had HIV. To this day he maintains he does not have HIV. Doesnt matter ruined his career.

In this manner was the black president made popular.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#3263 Mar 30, 2013
Desmond ---- In regards to your previous post to me,#3242.--- You said "having a white mother and being raised by white people doesn't provide any inherent advantages".---- Oh, it VERY much does.

ESPECIALLY in regards to this respective dynamic.--- How White-Americans will view the dude/woman who is part African American & part White.

Right off the bat.-- Since the person is part African American & part White.--- Whites will view this person as being a more acceptable person.

Compared to if the person came from an African American father & an African American mother.

You said "many bm with white mothers who were raised to some extent by their racist white grandparents turn out to be really fked up and confused".--- You are 150% correct about this.

Still & regardless.--- Since this person comes from an African American parent & a White parent.--- Right off the bat, Whites view this person as being a more acceptable person.

Compared to if the person came from an African American father & an African American mother.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#3264 Mar 30, 2013
Desmond --- You said "As a kid, obama was accepted and loved by his asian, pacific islander classmates...he was not neglected by his teachers and he was not subject to all the ghettoization and urban blight and despair that tends to bring down a lotta young black men before they know what's going on".---

You are 150% right on the mark about your 4 points above.

You said "in other words, coming from hawaii and indonesia gave obama an advantage that many young black men don't have and grounded him for success".--- You are absolutely correct about this.

But, EVEN if Barack had grown up in a numerically dominant White-American community.--- Obama would have had MANY advantages.

OVER what Americans who came from an African American father & an African American mother have.

Since Barack came from a White mother. Since Baracks father was NOT a descendant of a black American slave.--- Right off the bat, Barack was viewed by White-Americans.--- As being a more acceptable person.

Compared to if Obama came from an African American father & an African American mother.

It was ESPECIALLY due to Obamas mother being White.---- As to why White-Americans would view Barack as being a more acceptable person.

Since Baracks mother was White.---- Obama was GIVEN opportunities in life.

Which would NOT have been available, for Americans who came from an African American father & an African American mother.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#3265 Mar 30, 2013
Desmond ---- You said "Although many blacks do have a bad diet and lifestyle whites have an equally bad diet & lifestyle..".---- Uh, nope, not at all.

You said "if a black person and a white person go to same hospital for the same sickness, the white person will generally get better treatment".--- Even "if" this would be the case, still & regardless.--- This wouldn't be that critical &/or fatal to the African American (Descendant of a black American slave).

This is a NON factor.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#3266 Mar 30, 2013
Desmond ---- You said "which mirrors the criminal justice system in which blacks go to jail for the exact same crimes do not go to jail for".--- Well whoa. You are omitting several, VERY critical factors.

As to WHY African American (Descendants of black American slaves) receiver STIFFER sentences.

Here are the reasons as to why. It is primarily because of these 3 mitigating & critical factors.--

1. The African American defendant used some violence when committing the crime.

Especially if a gun or knife was used.

This increases the sentence.

2. The African American defendant had a large quantity of drugs.

3. The African American defendant had several (If not many) prior convictions.

Even if these previous convictions were not drug related, it DOES factor in with the sentencing.

Here are several other mitigating factors which results in African American defendants receiving stiffer sentences.---

4. Resisting arrest.

5. Evasion.

6. Obstruction of justice.

7. Giving false information.

8. Possession with the intent of distribution.

9. Malicious conduct.

10. Assault upon a United States (US) government official.
Johnny

Milwaukee, WI

#3267 Mar 30, 2013
Desmond --- In regards to your previous post to me,#3244.---- You said "although there were some black newspapers and magazines at the time, whites had far more media and the TV and radio and movies, etc that went around the world".--- True.

You said "so great players like josh gibson or buck o'neil would not get the national and international recognition of a ty cobb or ted williams".--- Granted, Ty Cobb & Ted Williams did get more national & international media coverage & recognition.

But, the White media also reported on & recognized Josh Gibson & Buck O'Neil.

Albeit less so.

But, still & regardless.---- Josh, Buck & the other top African American (Descendants of black American slaves) players in the Negro League DID get coverage & recognition.

In addition, when the Negro League was around.--- The teams & players from the Dominican Republic (DR), Cuba, Puerto Rico, Venezuela & Mexico did get coverage & recognition.

Including the Afro-Latino baseball players from the Dominican Republic (DR), Cuba, Puerto Rico & Venezuela.

Clearly, in regards to the United States (US) media & international media.--- The teams & players from the Dominican Republic (DR), Cuba, Puerto Rico, Venezuela & Mexico did get less coverage.

Compared to what the non-Hispanic White players in the US got.

But, still & regardless.-- All of the teams & players from the Dominican Republic (DR), Cuba, Puerto Rico, Venezuela & Mexico did get coverage & recognition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Michael 568,509
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Peace_Warrior 607,272
Is colin powell a traitor??? (Oct '08) 3 min kuda 539
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min BenAdam 796,475
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 30 min cheer the f up 120,756
Where do you get your news? Todd Charske (Jan '09) 42 min Fitzwalkerstan Pu... 10
Scientific proof for God's existence 45 min Jac 629
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rick in Kansas 267,560
More from around the web