Since: Jun 07

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

The day I received American citizenship was a turning point in my life. I had ceased to be stateless. Until then, unprotected by any government and unwanted by any society, the Jew in me was overcome by a feeling of pride mixed with gratitude.

From that day on, I felt privileged to belong to a country which, for two centuries, has stood as a living symbol of all that is charitable and decent to victims of injustice everywhere—a country in which every person is entitled to dream of happiness, peace and liberty; where those who have are taught to give back.

In America, compassion for the refugee and respect for the other still have biblical connotations.

That day I encountered the first American soldiers in the Buchenwald concentration camp. I remember them well. Bewildered, disbelieving, they walked around the place, hell on earth, where our destiny had been played out. They looked at us, just liberated, and did not know what to do or say. Survivors snatched from the dark throes of death, we were empty of all hope—too weak, too emaciated to hug them or even speak to them. Like lost children, the American soldiers wept and wept with rage and sadness. And we received their tears as if they were heartrending offerings from a wounded and generous humanity.

Ever since that encounter, I cannot repress my emotion before the flag and the uniform—anything that represents American heroism in battle. That is especially true on July Fourth. I reread the Declaration of Independence, a document sanctified by the passion of a nation’s thirst for justice and sovereignty, forever admiring both its moral content and majestic intonation. Opposition to oppression in all its forms, defense of all human liberties, celebration of what is right in social intercourse: All this and much more is in that text, which today has special meaning.

As a great power, America has always seemed concerned with other people’s welfare, especially in Europe. Twice in the 20th century, it saved the “Old World” from dictatorship and tyranny.

America understands that a nation is great not because its economy is flourishing or its army invincible but because its ideals are loftier. Hence America’s desire to help those who have lost their freedom to conquer it again. America’s credo might read as follows: For an individual, as for a nation, to be free is an admirable duty—but to help others become free is even more admirable.

- The America I Love by Elie Wiesel; writer, professor, political activist, Nobel Laureate, and Holocaust survivor

“WELL PAID GOVIE SHILL ”

Since: Jun 07

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

I don't know , how does it make our country look when out of 350 million people, one lunatic kills 20 kids !?!??!?!?!
JESUS wrote:
<quoted text>Not as bad as some jerk blowing away 20 small kids because it was too easy for him to get his hands on guns How does that make YOUR country look hmm?

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 12

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. We know that too.
So you sell your ass Mr Majeure, are proud of that? Maybe you think you should get a medal pinned on your chest. Will your government socialized medicine pay for surgery on your assh*le when it needs a rebuild?
berserker

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Dave C wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you are providing new solutions?“Burn it down, start over and do it my way” has been the solution of tyrants for thousands of years. Even if you did everything perfect and found a solution to every problem, there would be some “beserker” who believed he was being cheated and the whole thing was going to hell in a hand basket and his solution would be “burn it down, start over and do it my way”.
Absoulutly you are correct! Finaly we agree on something. Things never change. There will always be a berserker to bring down the house in flame and ruins. Berserkers are necessary and are the only thing power mad meglomaniacs understand. Those that bring peace to the table are only regaurded as more to be manipulated or disposed of by said people. In the end, even though it means ruin for all, it is the only way to rip the insane from their bloated insasiable appetite for more at all costs especialy at the expense and ruin of others. Every civilization that rose and fell needed berserkers to end the savagery even though in short order it all started anew. At least there was a breif respite from total power mongers and allowed the weak and all who wished to live in peace a breif respite. Berserkers are the only thing that emperor Hadrain was terrified of. So much so he built Hadrians wall to keep them out. They were not the aggresors, they were doing there best to remove the invaders. Look at the final ruin of rome, because of there harsh and brutal treatment of the visogoths and the vandals and other (barbarians) so they named them, they finaly rose in a berserking fury and sacked and burned the hated rome to the ground. If they had ben treated fairly by rome good chance that would not have happened, but no! just like today all and any that can be subjugated and plundered despite consequences it is still being done. Would you not berserk yourself when the day comes that all properity has ben taken from you? or would you still try (peacful solutions that fall upon deaf ears?
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Dave C wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you are providing new solutions?“Burn it down, start over and do it my way” has been the solution of tyrants for thousands of years.
"Start over and do it ....." what way?

Well Davey Boy, I'm going to tell you something that you may not already know. The United Snakes claims that it is based upon fairness, justice for all, democracy, freedom, non racial bias .... ALL OF THAT. "All of that". Did you get it? No, you didn't get it because you don't have it.

So, if burning it down is necessary then starting all over ought to be "All of that" next time. You have a problem with that, do you?
Live Action

Piedmont, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

This is worth a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

very interesting.they are out to take our guns and they will just a matter of time it will be easier to imply the rex 84 program when no one has any weapons to defend them self's with.

And again who's to say the g men brainwashed this guy hypnotized him funny how all these shooters are all young. sheeple you need to open you eyes ....But I can tell you now once brainwashed by the evil beastly system always brainwashed.
And hollywood and all them jews are to blame.

Now I'm not saying all jews are bad.but nothing good has ever come out of Israel but death.

And another point the sheeple are so brainwashed they are ate up with it because what makes one child different than any other child where were the tears for the children at waco.where are the tears for the poor children being slaughtered everyday by the evil beastly system.those on Iraq And Afghanistan.

the united states is the new Babylon.and it is evil.When the creator comes back it will be with such a vengeance it will make Sodom and Gomorrah look like a cake walk. he will in fact destroy the united states and trust me it will come from the sky.

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Jive Action wrote:
And hollywood and all them jews are to blame.

Now I'm not saying all jews are bad.
How deep of you, hick. Did Jeebuz give you all of this insider info, creep?
Captain Obvious

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been saying that the U.S. hasn't been "the good guy" since the end of WW II but I've been ignoring their poor record of civil rights even before that.
The thing is many say it was with the help of the U.S.(and the death of so many American soldiers) that helped to secure victory in 2 world wars - so they were regarded as "Good Guys". But the U.S. government has been so devious and treacerous with their dealings "at home" that they've never ever really been "good guys" at all.
LOL who has been

the "good guys"

Sveeeeden ??

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

DENG wrote:
WHY DOES DPR OF KOREA SMELL LIKE A BROCCOLI FART?
18Dec12.....

.....Because of the winds blowing down from da 'North'...where some 14 million 'lil kim jung uns' schidt on the sides of the roads every day....3 dimes a day.

Ps:....But it makes for great big tomatoes and watermelons, though.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
JESUS

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Guns don't kill people Bullets kill people.
What are you gonna do when they finally come to their senses and take your guns away? Throw bullets at each other? A drive by stoning doesn't have the same ring to it though.'right to bear arms' what a load of shit.

“Never run from a fight.”

Since: Dec 06

Vista, Ca.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
"Start over and do it ....." what way?
Well Davey Boy, I'm going to tell you something that you may not already know. The United Snakes claims that it is based upon fairness, justice for all, democracy, freedom, non racial bias .... ALL OF THAT. "All of that". Did you get it? No, you didn't get it because you don't have it.
So, if burning it down is necessary then starting all over ought to be "All of that" next time. You have a problem with that, do you?
"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."--Churchill. Nothing made by man is infallible, especially not government. We don't throw out air travel because a few planes have crashed, you find the problem and work to correct it. Hitler, Lenin, Mao, Mussolini, the Shah, the Ayatollah, Mao, and a few hundred others that will go down in history as despised dictators thought they had a better way.

People can be equal or they can be free, they can't be both so I certainly don't want the government to make us equal.

“Never run from a fight.”

Since: Dec 06

Vista, Ca.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

berserker wrote:
<quoted text>
Absoulutly you are correct! Finaly we agree on something. Things never change. There will always be a berserker to bring down the house in flame and ruins. Berserkers are necessary and are the only thing power mad meglomaniacs understand. Those that bring peace to the table are only regaurded as more to be manipulated or disposed of by said people. In the end, even though it means ruin for all, it is the only way to rip the insane from their bloated insasiable appetite for more at all costs especialy at the expense and ruin of others. Every civilization that rose and fell needed berserkers to end the savagery even though in short order it all started anew. At least there was a breif respite from total power mongers and allowed the weak and all who wished to live in peace a breif respite. Berserkers are the only thing that emperor Hadrain was terrified of. So much so he built Hadrians wall to keep them out. They were not the aggresors, they were doing there best to remove the invaders. Look at the final ruin of rome, because of there harsh and brutal treatment of the visogoths and the vandals and other (barbarians) so they named them, they finaly rose in a berserking fury and sacked and burned the hated rome to the ground. If they had ben treated fairly by rome good chance that would not have happened, but no! just like today all and any that can be subjugated and plundered despite consequences it is still being done. Would you not berserk yourself when the day comes that all properity has ben taken from you? or would you still try (peacful solutions that fall upon deaf ears?
Remember what followed the Fall of Rome? The Dark Ages.
doe resident

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

DENG wrote:
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE (LAUGHTER)
I saw a walking gun just the other day.He was looking for someone to kill but did not have a person to pull his trigger.
UidiotRacesMAkew orldPeace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

RADEKT wrote:
The day I received American citizenship was a turning point in my life. I had ceased to be stateless. Until then, unprotected by any government and unwanted by any society, the Jew in me was overcome by a feeling of pride mixed with gratitude.
From that day on, I felt privileged to belong to a country which, for two centuries, has stood as a living symbol of all that is charitable and decent to victims of injustice everywhere—a country in which every person is entitled to dream of happiness, peace and liberty; where those who have are taught to give back.
In America, compassion for the refugee and respect for the other still have biblical connotations.
That day I encountered the first American soldiers in the Buchenwald concentration camp. I remember them well. Bewildered, disbelieving, they walked around the place, hell on earth, where our destiny had been played out. They looked at us, just liberated, and did not know what to do or say. Survivors snatched from the dark throes of death, we were empty of all hope—too weak, too emaciated to hug them or even speak to them. Like lost children, the American soldiers wept and wept with rage and sadness. And we received their tears as if they were heartrending offerings from a wounded and generous humanity.
Ever since that encounter, I cannot repress my emotion before the flag and the uniform—anything that represents American heroism in battle. That is especially true on July Fourth. I reread the Declaration of Independence, a document sanctified by the passion of a nation’s thirst for justice and sovereignty, forever admiring both its moral content and majestic intonation. Opposition to oppression in all its forms, defense of all human liberties, celebration of what is right in social intercourse: All this and much more is in that text, which today has special meaning.
As a great power, America has always seemed concerned with other people’s welfare, especially in Europe. Twice in the 20th century, it saved the “Old World” from dictatorship and tyranny.
America understands that a nation is great not because its economy is flourishing or its army invincible but because its ideals are loftier. Hence America’s desire to help those who have lost their freedom to conquer it again. America’s credo might read as follows: For an individual, as for a nation, to be free is an admirable duty—but to help others become free is even more admirable.
- The America I Love by Elie Wiesel; writer, professor, political activist, Nobel Laureate, and Holocaust survivor
Why do some for-peace jews run away as far from own warring Zionist jews. And you have jews who have not clue what their brother warring Zionist jews is doing to them and nieghbors! The Menorah should be israel symbol/emblem on the isreali flag , it's those warlike zionist jews that hijacked the nation, isreal flag of star of david represent evil zionist.

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

idiot wrote:
<quoted text>Why do some for-peace jews run away as far from own warring Zionist jews. And you have jews who have not clue what their brother warring Zionist jews is doing to them and nieghbors! The Menorah should be israel symbol/emblem on the isreali flag , it's those warlike zionist jews that hijacked the nation, isreal flag of star of david represent evil zionist.
As well as addressing you as 'Idiot', do they also call you be 'Anti-semitic Pig'?
doe resident

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

UidiotRacesMAkeworldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>Why do some for-peace jews run away as far from own warring Zionist jews. And you have jews who have not clue what their brother warring Zionist jews is doing to them and nieghbors! The Menorah should be israel symbol/emblem on the isreali flag , it's those warlike zionist jews that hijacked the nation, isreal flag of star of david represent evil zionist.
ugg, you have clue?I have not clue.

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 12

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Dave C wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember what followed the Fall of Rome? The Dark Ages.
That's what these imbeciles think they want, weather it's the commie progressives that want a centralized authoritarian world government, controlling a bunch of insignificant little city states with agrarian based economies; or a Muslim caliphate mandating world wide Sharia law. Either way the end result is the dark ages, which would result in a massive population reduction and a total loss of individual liberty. These ideologies totally resent the nearly 5000 year technological leap, humanity has made since the inception of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America. The Australian moron Jesus rails against the second amendment; not because he or she gives two shits about gun violence, or any of the victims of the sandy shore Elementary School mass shooting, but because it's just one more way to chisel away at the Constitution itself. Once the Constitution of the United States of America is abolished, they will have succeeded in bringing forth the dark ages. At that point the commies and the Muslims will no longer be allies.
doe resident

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

UidiotRacesMAkeworldPeace wrote:
You keep changing your location with your name change.How DO you do that??

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

doe resident wrote:
<quoted text>You keep changing your location with your name change.How DO you do that??
dYNAMIC VS sTATIC .

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been saying that the U.S. hasn't been "the good guy" since the end of WW II but I've been ignoring their poor record of civil rights even before that.
The thing is many say it was with the help of the U.S.(and the death of so many American soldiers) that helped to secure victory in 2 world wars - so they were regarded as "Good Guys". But the U.S. government has been so devious and treacerous with their dealings "at home" that they've never ever really been "good guys" at all.
John Stockwell, former CIA official (from hois interviews...

"The major function of secrecy in Washington is to keep the U.S. people ... from knowing what the nation's leaders are doing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 19,721 - 19,740 of37,595
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

560 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min Strength and Honor 172,165
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min Rosa_Winkel 93,636
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Aura Mytha 223,962
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Joyful8118 719,748
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min June VanDerMark 532,171
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min crusty 114,921
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Insults Are Easier 256,327
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr Naveen kumar 4,442
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••