American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country
ponder this

Plymouth, NH

#40435 Aug 31, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
This Evil US policy!
Norman Solomon, Target Iraq, p87
The U.S.-imposed sanctions have been brutally effective in bleeding Iraqi civilians. For five years, the domestic economy was in a state of near collapse. The medical system was ruined due to lack of equipment and medicines. Public water and sewage systems deteriorated to the point where children regularly suffered gastrointestinal diseases. Malnutrition became a serious national problem.
In 1990, Iraq was rated 50th out of 130 nations on the U.N. Human Development Index, which measures a country's overall development. By 2000 Iraq had plunged to 126th out of 174. UNICEF estimates that 500,000 children have died as a direct result of sanctions.
Good thing GW ended those pathetic UN sanctions Doc H.
ponder this

Plymouth, NH

#40436 Aug 31, 2013
Roosevelt wrote:
Erdogan wants to take a bite off of each country on its borders to create a Greater Turkey.
<quoted text>
and he probably doesn't care for syrian support of the pkk and asala either.
who

Reading, UK

#40437 Aug 31, 2013
ponder this wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, very interesting who. I've read that the chems were delivered by rockets.
In the Article
Abdel-Moneim said his son and 12 other rebels were killed inside of a tunnel used to store weapons provided by a Saudi militant, known as Abu Ayesha, who was leading a fighting battalion. The father described the weapons as having a “tube-like structure” while others were like a “huge gas bottle.”
A "huge gas bottle" does not sound like a rocket.
If the weapons were deployed by rockets the un inspectors should be able to easily verify.
After the lies that got us into the Iraq war, I would want to see absolutely conclusive evidence that shows that the Assad regime was behind the attacks. So far they have yet to provide it.
If you stop and think about it, it would be illogical for the Assad regime to carry out attacks of this kind when UN weapons inspectors are in the country, as only the rebels would gain from it....I have some doubts about the US take on all of this.
ponder this

Plymouth, NH

#40438 Aug 31, 2013
who wrote:
<quoted text>
After the lies that got us into the Iraq war, I would want to see absolutely conclusive evidence that shows that the Assad regime was behind the attacks. So far they have yet to provide it.
If you stop and think about it, it would be illogical for the Assad regime to carry out attacks of this kind when UN weapons inspectors are in the country, as only the rebels would gain from it....I have some doubts about the US take on all of this.
Yes I would like to see some evidence. And then if proven, use other un members to enforce anything in Syria. Let the Chinese and the Russians do some UN enforcement.

==========
What is the total of dead up to in Syria? 100K?
Bashar is slaughtering way more than his father ever did.

or is he
who

Reading, UK

#40439 Aug 31, 2013
ponder this wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I would like to see some evidence. And then if proven, use other un members to enforce anything in Syria. Let the Chinese and the Russians do some UN enforcement.
==========
What is the total of dead up to in Syria? 100K?
Bashar is slaughtering way more than his father ever did.
or is he
I get the impression that the US will attack without providing real proof. Gone are the days when they could tell us any old bollocks and expect to get away with it.
I'm seeing some contrary reports that make you think.
http://rt.com/news/sarin-gas-turkey-al-nusra-...
ponder this

Plymouth, NH

#40440 Aug 31, 2013
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry revealed on Friday details of the intelligence report on Syria, saying the regime of President Bashar al-Assad carefully prepared for days to launch a chemical weapons attack.

The intelligence report blamed the Syrian regime for the use chemical weapons with “high confidence” and said it was “highly unlikely” the outrage was a ruse plotted by rebels.

Kerry said Syrian regime personnel were at the site of the attack for three days beforehand to prepare and regime elements were told to put on gas masks.

Kerry also said the United States found the rockets were launched from regime-controlled areas.
ponder this

Plymouth, NH

#40441 Aug 31, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
William Blum
"
In the last 20 years alone, the U.S. has bombed Libya on several occasions, bombed Iraq, of course, shot down an Iranian passenger plane killing about 290 people, and sunk an Iranian ship. We have continued to supply Israel and condoned their routine torture of Palestinians, and condemned Palestine for resisting this. In the 1980s, during the Iran-Iraq War, the U.S. gave millions of dollars in weapons and intelligence aid to both sides in hope of maximum damage. Now that's evil .
How much blood oil do you think that rich ol codger uses doc h?

I bet more than you, even
ponder this

Plymouth, NH

#40442 Aug 31, 2013
who wrote:
<quoted text>
I get the impression that the US will attack without providing real proof. Gone are the days when they could tell us any old bollocks and expect to get away with it.
Yes I was at rt too

I ponder yet Vlad P Declares!!

"Russian President Vladimir Putin has declared ‘utter nonsense’ the idea that the Syrian government has used chemical weapons on its own people and called on the US to present its supposed evidence to the UN Security Council."

How many Syrians were killed by B ASSads father ?

And what did he use to kill them I wonder.
ponder this

Plymouth, NH

#40443 Aug 31, 2013
who wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy sounds like he works for gwb not Barrack Hussein Obama

doesn't he

The intelligence had shown beyond all reasonable doubt that the Assad regime carried out the attack, Mr Kerry said.

"The primary question is no longer,'What do we know?' The question is what are we – we collectively – what are we in the world going to do about it?"

He warned that inaction would send a signal to other rogue nations such as Iran and North Korea.

"If we choose to live in a world where a thug and a murderer like Bashar al-Assad can gas thousands of his own people with impunity, even after the United States and our allies said no, and then the world does nothing about it, there will be no end to the test of our resolve."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...
Roosevelt

Oklee, MN

#40444 Aug 31, 2013
Yep, we went in August because we made a simple phone call to ask, "where are the bears?" They were by the shore of the bay both times we viewed them. We were only there 72 hours each time for viewing and photos, and the room rates were quite a bit less, it was considered off-season

Prime viewing is when the bears come off the ice in July or beginning in September or October or occasionally November with a late arriving winter when the bears go back on, the ice.

You have Wiki too, Churchill actually has a Selkirk St; I did not know that.

Northern Minnesota is 6 to 8 weeks ahead of the freeze-up there for the winter. We get our first frost of the year by Oct.1, and it kills everything for the year, which means it's at Churchill by Aug. 15 at the earliest giving them about a 60 to 70 day growing season for perennials and annuals. On average by November 15 I can drive my heavy Dodge pickup on the lakes needing a minimum of 8 inches of ice to carry, and we are warmer here than up there which indicates by Oct. 1 the bears are gone from land in Churchill, om average.

Environs of Churchill: Short Summers and Long Winters and no trees for an occasional one maybe to the south.

When we flew in we watched the tree line disappear and the tundra begin and got lots of photos both in the air and on the ground.

As for Weather, it looks like a late winter coming here in Northern Minnesota as the temp. this morning is 72F and Churchill is 43F. It looks like this year we'll have a long Fall/Autumn here. Another indicator is Oklee has not too many acorns on the Oak trees this year which indicates a mild winter with not too much snow. The acorns have to do with the squirrel as they can eat last years crop and still survive with no need for replenishment of the acorns by nature this year. This opinion come not from any book or website but from the generational experiences of living here.
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol This is hilarious. First off your experience was in August you said? Prime viewing time for Polar bears is October/November. And believe me, regardless of what the calendar says, it's fucking winter by then in Churchill.
Addresses prove nothing. You've already proven you've never been there and it's pretty easy to look up the address of any number of tour operators and lodgings in the area.
But I'll play your game. It was over 30 years ago, but if I remember the street number right, we lived at 17 Selkirk Street.
As for your dismissive "A few exceptions one can suppose of bears staying on land but that's not their natural habitat in the winter", once again you're being an assuming idiot. I never stated anywhere that they STAYED on land. Occasionally one heads out a little later. Occasionally one might smell something "good" coming from the town and look for a quick meal on the way to the ice pack.
Whatever, you know nothing of the environs or environment of Churchill.
Guess I should go wiki warrior farming techniques in northern Minnesota and then pretend my "research" trumps your actual experience.
who

Reading, UK

#40445 Aug 31, 2013
ponder this wrote:
<quoted text>This guy sounds like he works for gwb not Barrack Hussein Obama
doesn't he
The intelligence had shown beyond all reasonable doubt that the Assad regime carried out the attack, Mr Kerry said.
"The primary question is no longer,'What do we know?' The question is what are we – we collectively – what are we in the world going to do about it?"
He warned that inaction would send a signal to other rogue nations such as Iran and North Korea.
"If we choose to live in a world where a thug and a murderer like Bashar al-Assad can gas thousands of his own people with impunity, even after the United States and our allies said no, and then the world does nothing about it, there will be no end to the test of our resolve."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...
It does have a familiar tone to it, and I don't think that they will produce any real proof or wait for the report from the chemical weapons inspectors either.
Your last administration tried to tell us that Iraq was a nuclear threat, why should anyone believe your current administration?
I want concrete proof, not some emotive crap from a f*cking bonesman.
Roosevelt

Oklee, MN

#40446 Aug 31, 2013
For the answer read the history of the last 800 years in Turkey. It looks like they want it back, as the same thinking that prevails in some areas of the U.K. politics.
ponder this wrote:
<quoted text>and he probably doesn't care for syrian support of the pkk and asala either.
ponder this

Plymouth, NH

#40447 Aug 31, 2013
who wrote:
<quoted text>
It does have a familiar tone to it, and I don't think that they will produce any real proof or wait for the report from the chemical weapons inspectors either.
Your last administration tried to tell us that Iraq was a nuclear threat, why should anyone believe your current administration?
I want concrete proof, not some emotive crap from a f*cking bonesman.
It was none other than our last Administration that proved that Iraq had not much nuclear capability. It was depending on the UN previously.

Yup I hope to see the evidence too.

meanwhile

Estimates of deaths in the Syrian civil war, per opposition activist groups, vary between 83,175 and 106,425. On 24 July 2013, the United Nations put out an estimate of over 100,000 that had died in the war.

UNICEF reported that over 500 children have been killed by early February 2012. Another 400 children have been reportedly arrested and tortured in Syrian prisons. Both claims have been contested by the Syrian government. Additionally, over 600 detainees and political prisoners have died under torture. By early August 2013, the opposition activist group Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) reported the number of children killed in the conflict had risen to 5,553, while at the same time 3,607 women were also killed. According to the UN, 6,561 children were killed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_th...

Isn;t the SOHR a UK group?
ponder this

Plymouth, NH

#40448 Aug 31, 2013
Roosevelt wrote:
For the answer read the history of the last 800 years in Turkey. It looks like they want it back, as the same thinking that prevails in some areas of the U.K. politics.
<quoted text>
I asked no question.

And yes the lines change/d constant/ly in that neck of the wood with or W/O US intervention.

So tell me, are you a supporter of ASSad?
ponder this

Plymouth, NH

#40449 Aug 31, 2013
"It is very regrettable that Russia and China have refused for some time to come to a common position [with Western partners] on the Syrian conflict. This considerably weakens the role of the United Nations,"
ponder this

Plymouth, NH

#40450 Aug 31, 2013
sez the butt ugly german leader

http://rt.com/news/putin-us-syria-evidence-24...
ponder this

Plymouth, NH

#40451 Aug 31, 2013

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#40452 Aug 31, 2013
ponder this wrote:
<quoted text>I asked no question.
And yes the lines change/d constant/ly in that neck of the wood with or W/O US intervention.
Of course DUNG is an ASSad supporter, his fat assed Emperor Dr Kim Jong-un tells him to be one. He also fancies the Ayatollah too. Shhh, don't tell anyone, but he has a soft spot for 3rd world Moslem despots.
Roosevelt

Oklee, MN

#40453 Aug 31, 2013
I support the sovereignty of all countries.
ponder this wrote:
<quoted text>I asked no question.

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#40454 Aug 31, 2013
DUNG wrote:
I support the sovereignty of all countries.
<quoted text>
Of course you do, little stooge who is property of the Kim family. <¦-o

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min MUQ2 48,741
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min onemale 281,258
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min guest 646,608
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,688
... 1 hr jorvajor 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr KellyP_Onuandher 2,063
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Aura Mytha 971,689
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr karl44 105,620
More from around the web