Round a makeshift stage they charged on,
Fifteen hundred or more they say,
Had come to burn a Flag that day.
A boy held up the folded Flag,
Cursed it, and called it a dirty rag.
An OLD MAN pushed through the angry crowd,
With a rusty shotgun shouldered proud.

His uniform jacket was old and tight,
He had polished each button, shiny and bright.
He crossed that stage with a soldier's grace,
Until he and the boy stood face to face.

"FREEDOM OF SPEECH", the OLD MAN said,
"Is worth dying for, good men are dead,
So you can stand on this courthouse lawn,
And talk us down from dusk to dawn,
But before any Flag gets burned today,
This OLD MAN IS GOING TO HAVE HIS SAY!!

My father died on a foreign shore,
In a war they said would end all war.
But Tommy and I wasn't even full grown,
Before we fought in a war of our own.
And Tommy died on Iwo Jima's beach,
In the shadow of a hill he couldn't quite reach
Where five good men raised this Flag so high,
That the WHOLE WORLD COULD SEE IT FLY.

I got this bum leg that I still drag,
Fighting for this same old Flag.
Now there's but one shot in this old gun,
So now it's time to decide which one,
Which one of you will follow our lead,
To stand and die for what you believe?
For as sure as there is a rising sun,
You'll burn before this Flag burns, son.

Now this riot never came to pass.
The crowd got quiet and that can of gas,
Got set aside as they walked away
To talk about what they had heard this day.
And the boy who had called it a "dirty rag",
Handed the OLD SOLDIER the folded Flag.

So the battle of the Flag this day was won
By a tired OLD SOLDIER with a rusty gun,
Who for one last time, had to show to some,
THIS FLAG MAY FADE, YET THESE COLORS DON'T RUN
"It's the Soldier"

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Sniper's Serenity-

A green phantom stalks these lands,
Thirty Ought Six in a Master's hands.
Chamber a matched, perfect round,
Slide home the bolt, forward and down.

Stay detached, loose and cool,
Time your breathing, remember the rule.
Get them now, kill them clean,
before they can hurt another Marine.

The first dies quick, the second has looked,
that one dies fast, a third has booked.
Number Three goes down, sight on Number Four,
this one's for my Brothers, Brothers of the Corps.

Even now at home, I remember that scene,
the four of them and a young Marine,
I would do it again, once more with pride,
to protect my Marines, the enemy has died.
americans slave

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

just heard that cos britain isn't going in on syria ,thgat america holding back maybe because of this and the american president has said till will put a strain on the relationship between both countrys .lol you GUTLESS BUGGERS told you /you carn't do anything without great britain ,thats why we are called great /britain lol hang your head in shame , why we arn't going because YOU AMERICANS lied about saddam remember GOOD LOOK BOYS BODY BAGS OVER HERE LOL BET YOU WONT GO
Roosevelt

Oklee, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Overseer, are you talking about my Banker, or my Wife?
cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, doesn't your overseer let you see the posters location?...
If he/they did my answer would make perfect sense...Don't you get tired of being made the fool???? Chocolate Face is drug addled.....What's you excuse???
americans slave

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

how low can you go [america did ask britain for help] just shows yyou who's the boss lol look that up you gutless pricks
Roosevelt

Oklee, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

I've been there twice in the last 12 years in about the last part of August. It's not a good idea to trust an animal--not even a milk cow with a calf--so it's important, especially with a dangerous Polar Bear to keep a keen eye on them.

Where we went, we got outside of our vehicle, and had local guides who knew what's what, and it was fun.

I'm not a Polar Bear Expert, like you, so I must consult information online, like a sow with her cubs at Hudson Bay leaves the winter den in March and stays out on the ice until July feeding on the then birthing baby seals when she'll then bring the cubs back to land when the ice has melted.

Your research abilities are not that great as you don't look before you leap
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
So once again, you insist your wiki knowledge supercedes my actual experience.
How many years did you live in Churchill again? None, you say?
Well that's weird, yet you insist that I'm wrong about what I've seen while living there.
This is why I laugh at you questioning my research abilities.
Roosevelt

Oklee, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

The usual source here for information pertaining to foreign affairs in the government.
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm quite aware they have English language news media. I've read/watched news stories from both Pravda and PressTV and both are complete jokes.
Hell, I'd rather get my "facts" from The New York Times and it's a seriously left-wing rag.
americans slave

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

in memory of the americans who will be brainwashed into going into another bullshit fony war may you rest in peace or peacers lol
Roosevelt

Oklee, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

I'm one of the thinking Americans here.
americans slave wrote:
in memory of the americans who will be brainwashed into going into another bullshit fony war may you rest in peace or peacers lol

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Roosevelt wrote:
I've been there twice in the last 12 years in about the last part of August. It's not a good idea to trust an animal--not even a milk cow with a calf--so it's important, especially with a dangerous Polar Bear to keep a keen eye on them.
Where we went, we got outside of our vehicle, and had local guides who knew what's what, and it was fun.
I'm not a Polar Bear Expert, like you, so I must consult information online, like a sow with her cubs at Hudson Bay leaves the winter den in March and stays out on the ice until July feeding on the then birthing baby seals when she'll then bring the cubs back to land when the ice has melted.
Your research abilities are not that great as you don't look before you leap
<quoted text>
Again with the "research"? The only who's research is substandard is yours. You keep insisting that Polar Bears only go near or into town in the summer, yet I never said they didn't.
However, your insistence keeps inferring that Polar Bears have NEVER gone into the town in winter. That's where your supposed research fails you, dumbass!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

CHOCOLATE'S GONE, LMAO!

I just found this hilarious article about Chocolate sitting in the back seat of a car at a red light making meth and it blew up! lol HAHAHAHAH!!

>>>>>>

Authorities were investigating a report that chemicals used to produce methamphetamine may have exploded and set a car on fire Wednesday night in Lake Worth, burning five people, a Tarrant County official said Thursday.

Tarrant County Narcotics Unit investigators received information that one of the car’s occupants was in the back seat shaking a 2-liter bottle containing the toxic ingredients that could make meth, Herschel Tebay, commander of the unit, said.

“We have samples that we’re testing,” Tebay said in a phone interview. He declined to provide more information.

The four-door, 2003 Ford Taurus caught fire about 8:15 p.m. Wednesday as it was stopped at a traffic light at Northwest Loop 820 and Azle Avenue, authorities said.

Witnesses said the occupants, four men and a woman, were on fire when they jumped out, authorities said. They were taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. Their names and conditions could not be learned on Thursday.

“Witnesses have told us that it just burst into flames,” Lake Worth Fire Marshal Mike Voorhies said.“It remains under investigation.”

Most methamphetamine comes from big labs in Mexico, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration. But there is a type of small-scale meth production called “shake and bake” that doesn’t require a heat source, just some pseudoephedrine from over-the-counter cold pills, a two-liter soda bottle and household chemicals, which are shaken together, according to the DEA website.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/08/29/51184...

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Ricky F wrote:
CHOCOLATE'S GONE, LMAO!
I just found this hilarious article about Chocolate sitting in the back seat of a car at a red light making meth and it blew up! lol HAHAHAHAH!!
>>>>>>
Authorities were investigating a report that chemicals used to produce methamphetamine may have exploded and set a car on fire Wednesday night in Lake Worth, burning five people, a Tarrant County official said Thursday.
Tarrant County Narcotics Unit investigators received information that one of the car’s occupants was in the back seat shaking a 2-liter bottle containing the toxic ingredients that could make meth, Herschel Tebay, commander of the unit, said.
“We have samples that we’re testing,” Tebay said in a phone interview. He declined to provide more information.
The four-door, 2003 Ford Taurus caught fire about 8:15 p.m. Wednesday as it was stopped at a traffic light at Northwest Loop 820 and Azle Avenue, authorities said.
Witnesses said the occupants, four men and a woman, were on fire when they jumped out, authorities said. They were taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. Their names and conditions could not be learned on Thursday.
“Witnesses have told us that it just burst into flames,” Lake Worth Fire Marshal Mike Voorhies said.“It remains under investigation.”
Most methamphetamine comes from big labs in Mexico, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration. But there is a type of small-scale meth production called “shake and bake” that doesn’t require a heat source, just some pseudoephedrine from over-the-counter cold pills, a two-liter soda bottle and household chemicals, which are shaken together, according to the DEA website.
http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/08/29/51184...
I guess he won't be sacking anymore sailboats. LOL...

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

americans slave wrote:
*into going into* lol You and DUNG <COUGH> I mean Roosevelt, must have had the same 'Engrish' professor.

*fony*?!?! Were you trying to spell 'phony'? LMAO!

*peacers*?!?! Did you mean 'pieces'? LMAO!

You are the biggest illiterate retard on Topix! Even CHOCOLATE FACE is smarter than you. John the outlaw roofer has better literary skills than you and he only made it to the 4th grade! Horse Manure and Captain zer0 were veritable geniuses compared to you. DUNG (Roosevelt) can't write worth a shit, but either, but unlike you he can at least spell. The world needs ditch diggers and prostitutes I guess. That being said, don't quit your day job because an ugly ditch pig like you, relies on the drunkest of Johns for clientele and bar closing only happens once a night. <¦-o
Roosevelt

Oklee, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Bears are naturally on the ice doing there thing all winter unless they cannot walk and are about to die or birthing cubs.

A few exceptions one can suppose of bears staying on land but that's not their natural habitat in the winter.

There's the whole Internet loaded with research material and summaries in plain English on this subject, and I'm not an expert but I know how to find information and to read about it. Up until about 40 years ago no one was sure where and what the bears did when leaving land except some of the Native People living there.

What was your address living in Churchill? I can tell you mine while I was there.
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the "research"? The only who's research is substandard is yours. You keep insisting that Polar Bears only go near or into town in the summer, yet I never said they didn't.
However, your insistence keeps inferring that Polar Bears have NEVER gone into the town in winter. That's where your supposed research fails you, dumbass!

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Chairman DUNG wrote:
Bears are naturally on the ice doing there thing all winter unless they cannot walk and are about to die or birthing cubs.
A few exceptions one can suppose of bears staying on land but that's not their natural habitat in the winter.
There's the whole Internet loaded with research material and summaries in plain English on this subject, and I'm not an expert but I know how to find information and to read about it. Up until about 40 years ago no one was sure where and what the bears did when leaving land except some of the Native People living there.
What was your address living in Churchill? I can tell you mine while I was there.
<quoted text>
You can het addresses off the internet, stooge. You're not fooling anyone, you've never been outside of Pyongyang, denizen of the fat assed Kim Jong-un family.
courteous europhobe

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

who wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel won't do anything unless provoked, however Iran may well want them dragged into the conflict...which is a possible escalation.
I'm glad we're staying out of it, but never mind you still have the French and the Turks...will you be changing your "freedom" fries back to French fries any time soon?
LOL!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I bet Israel doesn't really mind the Syrian conflict. Sunni Shia hate seems to trump all.

Is Al Queada currently fighting ASSad? tsk tsk

Free as ever my good man..

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
courteous europhobe

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Roosevelt wrote:
<quoted text>
giving up on the false flag theory???

probably 4 the best

Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday that any international military intervention against Syria should be aimed at overthrowing the President Bashar al-Assad from power.
courteous europhobe

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

americans slave wrote:
just heard that cos britain isn't going in on syria ,thgat america holding back maybe because of this and the american president has said till will put a strain on the relationship between both countrys .lol you GUTLESS BUGGERS told you /you carn't do anything without great britain ,thats why we are called great /britain lol hang your head in shame , why we arn't going because YOU AMERICANS lied about saddam remember GOOD LOOK BOYS BODY BAGS OVER HERE LOL BET YOU WONT GO
Sounds like you're not a believer in any silly false flag gas attack

either

good for u scouszy
ponder this

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Roosevelt wrote:
I'm one of the thinking Americans here.
<quoted text>
Just after Friday prayers, around 500 protesters set off from central Cairo's Sahib Rumi mosque chanting, "Wake up, don't be afraid, the army must leave!," "The Interior Ministry are thugs!" and "Egypt is Islamic, not secular!"
ponder this

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

americans slave wrote:
how low can you go [america did ask britain for help] just shows yyou who's the boss lol look that up you gutless pricks
yup. sure does deputy dog...he hee

At great risk, they argued, was Britain’s outsize role in the world, a role it has earned since World War II by playing global deputy to America’s sheriff.

Despite official assurances on both sides of the Atlantic that the “special relationship” remained intact, these Yankophiles sensed that a bellwether moment had arrived.

“In 50 years trying to serve my country I have never felt so depressed/ashamed,” tweeted veteran British politician and diplomat Paddy Ashdown.“Britain’s answer to the Syrian horrors? none of our business!”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/af...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

426 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 3 min Rosie 178
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 256,627
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Hidingfromyou 721,054
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Cisco Kid 532,912
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 12 min Holy dr Shrink 38,460
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min karl44 93,766
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 18 min sad 87
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr guido atheist infidel 115,275
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr kalei 79
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 11 hr Drom Jagter 54
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••