American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#33087 Apr 5, 2013
cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah? Then what happened?
6 months later, Nov. 11 1918, Germany surrendered...Go figure.
Yeah, it's kind'a like your buddy and some other guy beating the shit out of each other in a bar fight for 15 minutes while you stand and watch. Then after both are winded and running out of stamina, you walk up, kick the crap out of the dude your buddy is fighting and then take all the credit for winning the fight. Go figure.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#33088 Apr 5, 2013
cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, Dieppe was only a raid, IN FORCE, to determine the feasibility of an invasion of the Continent.
Really.
Maybe you should look into the archives at Sandhurst and the Royal War College...I have.
When did you last look? In 2012, 70 years after the raid, more information was declassified. There was never any intent to determine the feasibility of a Continental invasion.
If you have already read "A Man Called Intrepid", it hints at what Dieppe was really about. Sir William Stephenson was the senior representative of British intelligence for the entire western hemisphere during World War II. In the book he states the reason for the raid was to capture a top secret piece of German radar equipment. In reality, according to documents declassified in 2012, the object of the raid was to capture a brand new version of the German naval enigma machine that had 4 wheels for encryption instead of the 3 wheeled model the Brits already had.
One of the men behind the planning of the raid was none other than Sir Ian Fleming.
There were actually 2 aspects to the raid. The first was the land element, which was to try and capture the enigma machine. The second element was an attack on the harbour from the sea, doing as much damage as possible before scuttling a ship to block the entrance.
One of the men in charge and on the scene of this raid was a Victoria Cross recipient, whose name escapes me at the moment but IIRC his call sign was Red Ranger. You don't throw a recipient of the highest medal for valour in the Commonwealth armies into a pointless, useless exercise in futility.

The entire "to determine the feasibility of an invasion of the Continent" line of bull was the "official" version of events.
Remember, Churchill once said, "In times of war the truth is so precious she must always be jealously watched over by a body guard of lies". Sometimes those lies last for decades until things become declassified.
Personally, as a WW2 hobby-historian, I think these next three years will be rather interesting as more and more information becomes declassified.

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 12

Tanner Flats

#33090 Apr 5, 2013
Horse Manure wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what y'all use in Nebraska, do ya' Pork Fat?
That's not Porkpie Hat, obtuse one and PC is not from Nebraska either, old deranged fool. <¦-o

“9/11 Twoof = STUPID ”

Since: Jun 07

Manhattan, New York

#33092 Apr 5, 2013
You should really ManScape
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm much flattered that you realize you'd need such a large knife to do the job but you'd need a macheté just to get through the pubic hairs on the way to the actual genitals. As often as you've stopped by for a drink I shouldn't really need to tell you that.

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#33093 Apr 5, 2013
Horse Manure wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm much flattered that you realize you'd need such a large knife to do the job but you'd need a macheté just to get through the pubic hairs on the way to the actual genitals. As often as you've stopped by for a drink I shouldn't really need to tell you that.
Don't be, the concept for employing the Bowie knife, wasn't for mitigating large genetalia; rather it was for inflicting as much collateral damage in the process as possible. You'd be left with a real gash, old creep.

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#33094 Apr 5, 2013
Horse Manure wrote:
<quoted text>
As often as you've stopped by for a drink I shouldn't really need to tell you that.
More fantasies from a deranged old pervert. <¦-o

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33095 Apr 5, 2013
Strength and Honor wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post, RS, as usual.
Ditto!

Location hidden

#33096 Apr 5, 2013
I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.~Abraham Lincoln
Nice!

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#33097 Apr 5, 2013
DUNGS wrote:
"evil sheeple"
LOTS OF TOPIX HIRELINGS ARE ON VACATION AND IT'S THE SMART ONE'S HERE NOW.
<quoted text>
Hey DUNGS, how does it feel to know that your time on Earth is coming to an end soon? The American soldiers will be merciful to you and kill you quickly, to save you from your misery, little boot lickers.
<¦-o

Location hidden

#33098 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
And hats off to you for acknowledging their contribution MLS. I hope you'll like our new thread as we post some more tributes, etc.
Ditto!

Location hidden

#33099 Apr 5, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what??
courteous europhobe

Bangor, ME

#33100 Apr 5, 2013
american morons wrote:
<quoted text>thats it com on.///// have a look at some of the gettos in america ......fool
i

have, and as far as ghettos
go

usa s' are the best!!

u kno
courteous europhobe

Bangor, ME

#33101 Apr 5, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what??
excuse him,
phil in

Bangor, ME

#33102 Apr 5, 2013
DENG wrote:
"evil sheeple"
<quoted text>
yaz
phil in

Bangor, ME

#33103 Apr 5, 2013
DENG wrote:
Yahchansatan wrote:
After being away from topix for awhile. I can now see their are evil sheeple and they are righteous People.And you know who you are I don't even have to name names.Yahweh bless...
CAN THE WORLD CALL YOU "GAMMA" YET???
SURRRE, THE STUPID PENTAGON GENERALS WANT TO FIGHT A WAR WITH INFERIOR TECHNOLOGY AND THE OUTCOME IS ALREADY KNOWN AS IT'S IN THE HISTORY OF MODERN WARFARE
<quoted text>
Shiite fighters from neighboring countries are flocking to Damascus to defend their religious sites and defend Bashar al-Assad against advancing Sunni-dominated opposition forces. Many of these foreign guerrillas fight under the umbrella group of Abu al Fadl al-Abbas brigade. They come from Iraq, Lebanon, Iran and Pakistan.
temper tantrum lol

Bangor, ME

#33104 Apr 5, 2013
South Korea and waters around it are turning into places for display of various types of nuclear strike means of the U.S. imperialist aggressor forces and a dangerous hotbed of a nuclear war in the true sense of the word.

The U.S. high-handed hostile policy toward the DPRK aimed to encroach upon its sovereignty and the dignity of its supreme leadership and bring down its social system is being implemented through actual military actions without hesitation.

Days and months have passed on this land amid the constant danger of war but never had the whole Korean Peninsula been exposed to such danger of a nuclear war as today.

Under this situation the towering resentment of the DPRK's army and people has reached an irrepressible phase as they are all out in the all-out action to defend the sovereignty and prevent a nuclear war of the U.S.

In view of the prevailing situation the world people who love justice and value conscience are unanimously becoming critical of the U.S. and its followers for their disgraceful behavior of prodding the UN Security Council into adopting "resolutions on sanctions" against the DPRK and vocal expressing concern over the situation on the peninsula.

The moment of explosion is approaching fast. No one can say a war will break out in Korea or not and whether it will break out today or tomorrow.

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm
The responsibility for this grave situation entirely rests with the U.S. Administration and military warmongers keen to encroach upon the DPRK's sovereignty and bring down its dignified social system with brigandish logic.
temper tantrum lol

Bangor, ME

#33105 Apr 5, 2013
DENG wrote:
"evil sheeple"
<quoted text>
Certainly North Korea no longer merits much respect among ordinary Chinese, who have taken to insulting Kim Jong-un as "Fatty Kim" or "Fatty the Third", in reference to his father and grandfather, on the Chinese internet.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#33109 Apr 5, 2013
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why yes, I have plenty of food, 2 cars, a nice home, and my rock and roll, dullard. The notion that people are starving in the US is a lie, but your masters will not allow you to access the internet, so you'll never know the truth.
What do your masters have to hide? Why are your peasants starving while your dictator is a fat pig?
Soooo true...
UidiotRaceWORLDP EACE

Woodside, NY

#33111 Apr 5, 2013
Tent cities rise across the country - US news - Life | NBC News
www.nbcnews.com/id/26776283/ns/us_news-life/t... ...

In hard times, tent cities rise across the country Since foreclosure mess, homeless advocates report rise in encampments .

Over 55 US cities - people out of job, homeless... as Tent City USA grows

“For F***'s Sake”

Tanner Flats

#33115 Apr 5, 2013
UidiotRaceWORLDPEACEofSHIT wrote:
Tent cities rise across the country - US news - Life | NBC News
www.nbcnews.com/id/26776283/ns/us_news-life/t... ...
In hard times, tent cities rise across the country Since foreclosure mess, homeless advocates report rise in encampments .
Over 55 US cities - people out of job, homeless... as Tent City USA grows
Were have you been CHOCOLATE FACE? Did you just get back from pirating, Somalian fool? Are you describing the living conditions in the Mogadishu? <¦-o

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min NoStress4me 877,181
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 7 min USaWORLDWARMONGERER 421
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Michael 603,083
White Lives MATTER 16 min USaWORLDWARMONGERER 150
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 17 min par five 7,870
The Christian Atheist debate 23 min too lazy to log in 3,773
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 27 min Halle Berry Sister 2,856
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Soon Armagedon Day 613,065
More from around the web