American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#30194 Mar 1, 2013
Executing Human Rights
The United States versus the United Nations
by Henry Rosemont, Jr.
Resist newsletter, January 2000

The propaganda machines of the Departments of State and "Defense" ("Aggression" would be more accurate) have been hard at work for more than a decade now, seeking a blanket expression to justify US adventurism abroad that would do the work that "communist subversion" did for the prior half-century. The "war on drugs" has been put forth strenuously, but has proved difficult to apply beyond Latin America, and is, finally, beginning to sound spurious even when applied to that area. "Rogue states" has also been bandied about, but only justifies our doing as we please within even narrower geographic ranges: Cuba, Iraq, Libya, etc.
"Human Rights abusers" is the current term of art, which was effectively employed as a warrant for the NATO/US killings in Kosovo and Serbia.

United States

#30195 Mar 1, 2013
Dave C wrote:
Not even updated to fit to todays times! US today is really anAutocratic system , a Fascist empire.

“Never run from a fight.”

Since: Dec 06

Vista, Ca.

#30196 Mar 1, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text> Obama no different following in direction of previous US Admins ugly many agendas.
Try it again in English.

United States

#30197 Mar 1, 2013
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Vista, Ca.

#30198 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text> Not even updated to fit to todays times! US today is really anAutocratic system , a Fascist empire.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercool...

Vista, Ca.

#30199 Mar 1, 2013
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
He loved America and fought to preserve it. Don’t pretend for one second you two are in agreement.

United States

#30200 Mar 1, 2013
Dave C wrote:
lol! Washington times ...is another US propaganda machine of US corrupted Media/corporatist/govt controls , Wake up time

US civil liberties killers and Freedom democracy killers those are illict legis. bills/laws like NDAA, MArtial Law, CISPA and SOPA, Patriot aCT 1/2, hr 347, wIREtAPPING ON aMERICAN PEOPLE, suppension of habeou corpus , illicit Executive orders, Illegal Extra-Unconstitutional Agendas...

United States

#30201 Mar 1, 2013
US Congress expands authoritarian anti-protest law - World ...
www.wsws.org/en/articles/2012/03/prot-m03.htm...

US Congress expands authoritarian anti-protest law By Tom Carter 3 March 2012

United States

#30202 Mar 1, 2013
"More than 100 countries have now abolished the death penalty in law or practice ... Against the global trend towards abolition, however, the U.S.A. has relentlessly increased its rate of executions and the number of crimes punishable by death."
Amnesty International for Human Rights

United States

#30203 Mar 1, 2013
"Four sorrows ... are certain to be visited on the United States. Their cumulative effect guarantees that the U.S. will cease to resemble the country outlined in the Constitution of 1787. First, there will be a state of perpetual war, leading to more terrorism against Americans wherever they may be and a spreading reliance on nuclear weapons among smaller nations as they try to ward off the imperial juggernaut. Second is a loss of democracy and Constitutional rights as the presidency eclipses Congress and is itself transformed from a co-equal 'executive branch' of government into a military junta. Third is the replacement of truth by propaganda, disinformation, and the glorification of war, power, and the military legions. Lastly, there is bankruptcy, as the United States pours its economic resources into ever more grandiose military projects and shortchanges the education, health, and safety of its citizens."
Chalmers Johnson, Sorrows of Empire

Chalmers Ashby Johnson (August 6, 1931 – November 20, 2010)[1] was an American author and professor emeritus of the University of California, San Diego. He served in the Korean War, was a consultant for the CIA from 1967 to 1973, and chaired the Center for Chinese Studies at the University of California, Berkeley from 1967 to 1972.[2] He was also president and co-founder of the Japan Policy Research Institute (now based at the University of San Francisco), an organization promoting public education about Japan and Asia.[3]

United States

#30204 Mar 1, 2013
Militarization of America

"The American social infrastructure deteriorates as the Pentagon's sphere of control widens. Today we find an inverse relationship between growth of the U.S. empire and various measures of domestic well-being.
Carl Boggs
References

United States

#30205 Mar 1, 2013
Ramsey Clark, Ex-marine , former US Attorney General...

We're not a democracy. It's a terrible misunderstanding and a slander to the idea of democracy to call us that. In reality, we're a plutocracy, a government by the wealthy.

United States

#30206 Mar 1, 2013
Ramsey Clark, Ex-marine , former US Attorney General...

It is primarily from U.S. citizens that the U.S. Government must keep the true nature and real purpose of so many of its domestic and foreign acts secret while it manufactures fear and falsehood to manipulate the U.S. public.
Max

Québec, Canada

#30207 Mar 1, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
How are we a disarmed people in Canada? Do you have a record that prevents you from legally owning a firearm?
Lol no. We re allowed to hunt deers n stuff, that's about it. Clearly not what Adam Lanza got in his hands.
Max

Québec, Canada

#30208 Mar 1, 2013
Dave C wrote:
I will leave it up to the judge to determine if he crossed it.
He already spend 3 years something without being heard ; how can you blindly trust the judge?
John Brown

Union City, OK

#30209 Mar 1, 2013
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter, ex con? Does it burn when someone points out that you're nothing more than a bitter dumb cynic from the sticks?
How long was your sretch in prison?
No what I am is A hard working person Who has been blessed with 180 thousand dollar studio a 40 thousand dollar truck property trailers houses a antique collection that would blow you mind. My home is like a museum I have A token collection arrow heads indian bead work head dresses beaded vest owned by chief black bear of the ponca tribe jim thorpes base ball hat A very large painted pop bottle collection a collection of watch fobs A coin Collection gold and silver coins.A gun collection A Hutchinson collection And my fav is a collection of 101 ranch paper and photos very rare.And how did I get this I worked my ass off.....no one gave me shit oh and 7 company trucks a office two trucks at home a 1964 galaxie 500.A very large sign collection.A 1974 fender bass so many guitars i cant count them.A collection of Indian paper work from Indian fur traders.Not to count the art work done by many famous Indian painter Gerome tiger dana tiger.A knife collection very old.medicine bottle collection and many show cases.I own over a hundred copy writes.you know me you just don't know it.Quiet a few songs you have heard.And mel fender was one of my best friends and Freddy as well till they passed.And also Mary and Roy come by every now and then. toby keith lives next to the place my grand parent settled.on Franklin road in Norman I knew Conway he was from norman as well....now see what you can do when you work hard....and live a righteous life....I have a garage that has more money in it than most people have in their house.I am a treasure hunter and have been very successful.I have hunted john ross house i have his plow john browns house chief of the Seminoles i am close to the browns I have hunted every fort in Oklahoma but for ft sill and gibson I have wrote 2 books one on oklahoma bottles and one on trade tokens I own over a thousand treasure mags some from the 40's 50's and on up. And I am the most humble persons you will ever meet.But what is most important to me is the ability to help others.I have two metal detectors that are high dollar.And you ask your self How did i do it by being A good person noone of this is bragging it just fact.my girlfriend has a diamond ring I traded a truck for worth well a bunch she is scared to wear it.oh and a jewelry collection a class ring from 1957 Shawnee high school with back onyx a eagle ring with black onyx my chain solid gold Chain with a eagle on it. Bunch of gold rings i have metal detected.I have dug several caches ....And do you know the price of gold....pretty high but not going to sell because gold silver copper brass all you metals is all you will have when the dollars is not worth a shit whats it worth now about 18 cents. Oh and my most precious thing i own is two cockatiels that i love so. they bring joy and peace into my life oh cant leave out my cattle their in pink....so so much for your red neck hick self....And yes I was a drop out......But I made it work.I garden every year....so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

United States

#30210 Mar 1, 2013
Ramsey Clark, ex marine former US Attorney General, human rights activist

"We're not a democracy. It's a terrible misunderstanding and a slander to the idea of democracy to call us that. In reality, we're a plutocracy, a government by the wealthy.
pilfered

Plymouth, NH

#30211 Mar 1, 2013
"More than 100 countries have now abolished the death penalty in law or practice ... Against the global trend towards abolition, however, the U.S.A. has relentlessly increased its rate of executions and the number of crimes punishable by death."
Amnesty International for Human Rights
Hey doc hypocrite, how have you been?

what new crimes doc hypocrite

United States

#30212 Mar 1, 2013
John Stockwell, former CIA official (from his books, speeches...
'The CIA has overthrown functioning democracies in over 20 countries.

United States

#30213 Mar 1, 2013
Richard Durbin, U.S. Senator

"In the post-Cold War era, the United States needs to promote the development of democracy and human rights, not militaries that view their own citizens as the enemy."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min TRUE CATHOLIC 695,765
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 28 min Deep Grope 60,435
Prove there is No God 50 min Tellthetruth 7
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 57 min Hatti_Hollerand 2,500
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Tellthetruth 994,118
Dem Livertard Are All Liars& Narcists 2 hr The One 3
Is America 'Mystery Babylon,' mentioned in the ... 2 hr town drunk 20
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr River Boat Gambler 6,791
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web