Was Jesus Jewish? or Muslim?
Ghost Rider

AOL

#416 Oct 30, 2007
Labrat28 wrote:
Did Jesus descend from Isaac, or Ishmael?
That's the only question we need to ask. He was Jewish.
Jesus decended from Isaac's family, the arabs aare decendants of Ishmael. Isaac and Ishmael were half brothers. Isaac was the son of Abarham and Sarah. Ishmael was the son of Abarham and Sarah's servant. The conflict that exist between the Jews and the Arabs is (so to speak) a family feud.
Ghost Rider

AOL

#417 Oct 30, 2007
Wolfman wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you saying? Christianity is the ONLY RIGHT WAY?
"jihad" is a arabic word....the English words were "Crusades, Inquisition, Witch Trials, and protecting the unborn"...dont get mad now, just becasue its the Muslim Extremsts turn to per.vert God....Christainity already had its day....the UNDISPUTABLE FACT IS STILL THIS......more people have been murdered, rap.ed and destroyed in the NAME OF GOD than for any other reason....THAT IS A PROVEN FACT....
Wolfman, as you know, men don't always follow the will of God. At times they tend to read into it what they want, instead of what God wants. So went with the Crusades, Inquisitiion, the Witch trials, the Abortion of Babies, and so is the Jihad. When men tend to read in what they want, instead of what God wants--no matter who, they are wrong.
go vols

Nashville, TN

#418 Oct 30, 2007
where's that gay muslim "Wolfman"who goes by a variety of names. Must be getting gang-banged by his boyfriends. AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Love you muslim bisexuals
Ghost Rider

AOL

#419 Oct 30, 2007
renee marcelle wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah somebody is getting it right!
Thank you. Just keep an eye on my postings incase I make a mis-type or mis-represent something. I am human and not above making a mistake.

Since: Jul 07

Hampton, VA

#420 Oct 31, 2007
Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus decended from Isaac's family, the arabs aare decendants of Ishmael. Isaac and Ishmael were half brothers. Isaac was the son of Abarham and Sarah. Ishmael was the son of Abarham and Sarah's servant. The conflict that exist between the Jews and the Arabs is (so to speak) a family feud.
Jesus came from the seed of God not man. The bloodline is outlined in the Book of Luke, 3rd Chapter. Mary was from the bloodline of David.

“RENEE' MARCELLE”

LAKE FOREST, CALIFORNIA

#421 Nov 1, 2007
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it show now?
Well the Catholics are mixed up about it.
Ghost Rider

AOL

#422 Nov 2, 2007
Anointed wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus came from the seed of God not man. The bloodline is outlined in the Book of Luke, 3rd Chapter. Mary was from the bloodline of David.
This is true. I was giving the earthly blood line back. But your point is well taken, incase someone got confused on which way I was giving reference to.
Prophecy watcher

Cordoba, Argentina

#423 Nov 3, 2007
Anointed wrote:
<quoted text>
Both times wrong! Jesus from his father Joseph is a descendant of David. His mother Mary is a Levite from Aaron.
Prophecy watcher

Cordoba, Argentina

#424 Nov 3, 2007
I donĀ“t believe in dogmatic doctrines that say that you must recognize Jesus as God encarnate to be faithful. His miracles consisted of his words. He was as a human as any other person. His divinity was that he had the guts to denounce the corruption at the time. Which is something that all prophets have done.
Totino

Miami Beach, FL

#425 Nov 4, 2007
Jesus was Muslim, told me a Muslum hoodlum
Ghost Rider

AOL

#426 Nov 4, 2007
"Prophecy watcher"]<quoted text>
Both times wrong! Jesus from his father Joseph is a descendant of David. His mother Mary is a Levite from Aaron.[/Quote]
Thank you Prophecy Watcher. I did mis-quote. I looked it up and you are correct. Luke 1:26-38
As The Holy Spirit and the power of God was how Mary became pregnant. She had not had any kind of relationship with Joseph until after Jesus was born. See Matthew 1:2-17(Genealogies of Jesus)(legal Ggenealogy Through Joseph) The real genealogy of Jesus through Mary His mother (Luke 3:23-38)
greeneyedlady101

AOL

#427 Mar 3, 2008
just a "quick" note -

if you want to know more - about the REAL TRUTH OF GOD - then there is a minister - that I think that you SHOULD LISTEN TO - AND HIS NAME IS PASTOR ARNOLD MURRAY.

AND HIS WEBSITE IS: WWW.SHEPHERDSCHAPEL.COM

GOD BLESS ALL OF THOSE - HERE ON THIS WEBSITE.

Hampton, VA

#428 Mar 3, 2008
greeneyedlady101 wrote:
just a "quick" note -
if you want to know more - about the REAL TRUTH OF GOD - then there is a minister - that I think that you SHOULD LISTEN TO - AND HIS NAME IS PASTOR ARNOLD MURRAY.
AND HIS WEBSITE IS: WWW.SHEPHERDSCHAPEL.COM
GOD BLESS ALL OF THOSE - HERE ON THIS WEBSITE.
In my opinion, he out in left field. but I do enjoy some of his study.

check out Andrew Wommack.
joe

Regina, Canada

#429 Mar 30, 2008
no

Chesapeake, VA

#430 Mar 31, 2008
Prophecy watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Both times wrong! Jesus from his father Joseph is a descendant of David. His mother Mary is a Levite from Aaron.
The FATHER and SEED of Jesus is GOD, not Jospeph. Mary was a Virgin.
Galaxyschild

Phoenix, AZ

#431 Jun 22, 2009
I am of Jewish background however, I like you do not believe in organized religion. Although I go a little further since I do not believe there is an invisible creature hovering over the earth. I will only go so far as to say, I do not know what happened before the big bang. Religion has caused NOTHING but pain and suffering over the eons, for example: The abortion Dr. just killed in the name of religion. I guess they are only pro-life for those still in the womb! Religion is the drug of the stupid! A belief in humanity is the only way this world will not be destroyed by those...trying to get to heaven!
Uncle Knucklefunk wrote:
<quoted text>
My father is Muslim, My mother is Chirstian, i do not claim a denomination, but i have studied a bit of both, i'Ve read both the Koran and the Bible. Mostly I am Agnostic....I dont belive Faith in a God and Organised religion have anything to do with each other. Also I feel that organised religon is a perversion of God's true message and nature. MILLIONS have been murdered in the name of "organised religon"....so i will not have the blood on my hands.
User2396

New City, NY

#432 Jan 2, 2011
I think Jesus PBUH was Muslim
Deetra

Rule, TX

#433 Apr 22, 2012
JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
Really what do muslims say on the subject?
I am sure they say Jesus followed Allah.
Since the god of the jews, the god of the muslims, and the god of the christians is the same god (the god of Abraham) I would say they are correct.
The main difference between the three is that jews see Jesus as a teacher, muslims see Jesus as a prophet, and christians see Jesus as a savior.
Muslims see God as Allah!!
Paying Attention

Riverside, CA

#434 Mar 20, 2013
JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
Really what do muslims say on the subject?
I am sure they say Jesus followed Allah.
Since the god of the jews, the god of the muslims, and the god of the christians is the same god (the god of Abraham) I would say they are correct.
The main difference between the three is that jews see Jesus as a teacher, muslims see Jesus as a prophet, and christians see Jesus as a savior.
The God of the Bible gave a law stating, not at the mouth of one witness, "but at the mouth of two or three witnesses shall a matter be established." (Deut 17:6, 19:15, Matt. 18:16, 2 Cor. 13:1) Accordingly, that same Bible is quite clear, giving even four witnesses who quote God the Father as referring to Jesus and saying, "Behold My Son." (Matt. 3:17, 17:5, Mark 1:11, Luke 3:22, 9:35, 2 Pet. 1:17) On the other hand, the god of the Muslims is also quite clear, though he has but one witness, saying he has no son!(Sura 18:4-6) Though Jesus is called "a prophet" by their book, Muslims are also told it is blasphemous to call Him "God." Yet, on many occasions, Jesus declared Himself God, allowed Himself to be worshipped, confirmed the words of John the Baptist who was sent to announce the coming of Jehovah God (Isa. 40:3, Matt. 11:10)and even used the eternal name of God!(John 8:58) Centuries before Muhammad arrived, believers in the scriptures warned of the antichrist, specifically calling such a one a liar who would deny Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22), an idea confirmed by another witness to all things, Jesus' brother Jude.(Jude 1:4) So then, if one of them has a Son and the other does not, how can they be "the same god"? Because you say so? The books do not agree, and no such assertion can be sustained. Bottom line comes down to the very question Jesus asked. First He queried, "Who do men say that I am?" (Matt. 16:13, Mark 8:27, Luke 9:18) Then, of His followers He also asked, "Who do you say I am?" (Matt. 16:15, Mark 8:29, Luke 9:20) The options are limited. He was either a liar knowing He was lying, therefore a fraud. Or, He was not telling the truth but didn't know it, therefore insane. Or, finally, He was who He claimed to be, God in the flesh. Of those three, how would you answer Jesus' question? If you have seen Jesus, have you "seen the Father"?(John 14:9) Is Jesus "one with the Father"?(John 10:30) Is He "I AM"?(John 8:58)

John 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?"

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM."
dfsdfsdf

Redmond, WA

#436 Jun 7, 2013
I guess it just depends on what you believe in; faith, because realistically, no one really knows for a fact. Christianity came before Islam, while Judaism came before Christianity, and I believe in the Bible, it mentions that he's Jewish; born with Jewish tradition, while in the Quran, it states that he's Muslim like all the other prophets. I'm not religious, and I'm not really well versed in religion, but I think it's all very interesting and I wouldn't mind learning about it (on my own behalf), which I am doing as I type this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min nanoanomaly 123,981
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min nanoanomaly 982,422
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 30 min UnstoppableTrump 8,006
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min Liamm 682,005
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 1 hr Johnny 171
Interracial experience-Mexican men and Black women (Jul '12) 1 hr Ese678-9 153
Check Ppl Out 4Free B4 U Rent 2 Them!! 2 hr Plain truth 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr onemales son 286,500
More from around the web