crown capital eco environmental-Energy efficiency enters budget equation

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Since: Mar 13

Korea

#1 Mar 18, 2013
White pipes, steel tubes and computerized equipment make up the entirety of the room that on a first glance looks like nothing more than a more high-tech boiler room. But the schoolĄ¯s geothermal system is a little more complicated, even though the main purpose is to reduce the schoolĄ¯s carbon footprint while saving the district money.
And money matters are what jeopardize the health of the Elyria Schools.
The district announced last month $3 million in budget cuts to stave off a projected deficit, including 59 positions — among them teachers, special education instructors and classroom aides and extracurricular programs such as the high schoolĄ¯s TV station and seventh-grade athletics.
In addition, Superintendent Paul Rigda is just starting the arduous task of trying to convince state legislators and leaders that his idea for how to fund the construction of new elementary schools is worth considering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Robert F 582,416
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Hidingfromyou 824,997
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr Naveen kumar 1,354
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 1 hr Naveen kumar 231
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Commander Bunny 270,568
Does anyone like watching people masterbate? (May '14) 2 hr Mr horny 62 17
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 176,343
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,792
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Holy Virgin Dr Sh... 611,746
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Blagoja 442,391
More from around the web