crown capital eco environmental-Energ...

crown capital eco environmental-Energy efficiency enters budget equation

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Since: Mar 13

Korea

#1 Mar 18, 2013
White pipes, steel tubes and computerized equipment make up the entirety of the room that on a first glance looks like nothing more than a more high-tech boiler room. But the school¡¯s geothermal system is a little more complicated, even though the main purpose is to reduce the school¡¯s carbon footprint while saving the district money.
And money matters are what jeopardize the health of the Elyria Schools.
The district announced last month $3 million in budget cuts to stave off a projected deficit, including 59 positions — among them teachers, special education instructors and classroom aides and extracurricular programs such as the high school¡¯s TV station and seventh-grade athletics.
In addition, Superintendent Paul Rigda is just starting the arduous task of trying to convince state legislators and leaders that his idea for how to fund the construction of new elementary schools is worth considering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 14 min HipGnosis 919
Why donate Prince Alwaleed bin Talal all his mo... 16 min dm3t7b 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Burke Devlin 854,608
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min 2all 596,180
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 40 min Rosa_Winkel 444,292
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 43 min PELIN 275
"Zimbabwean President" asks Barack Obama "Do y... 1 hr Funny News 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web