Leslie Van Houten's parole hearing Au...
Jimmy

Odenville, AL

#1561 Aug 27, 2012
Please forgive the typos in my previous post. Let's say for arguments sake that Leslie DID actually contribute to the death of Mrs. LaBianca with her final stab wounds. Hasn't she paid for it? Hasn't she done her time and shown sufficient remorse or more importantly, rehabiliation?

Since: Jan 10

Snoqualmie, WA

#1563 Aug 27, 2012
[QUOTE THOUGHT SOMEONE SHOULD SAY SOMETHING ON LESLIES BIRTHDAY... HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL.....[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Ted for mentioning this. i have been swamped with stuff these last several months and have not checked in often, so was glad to see someone announce this date!

Yes, this time of year is HOT in Chino where CIW is located. It actually gets even hotter in September. Also, the prison is literally surrounded by dairy farms, so the smell gets pretty tough and the flies are unbelievable...you literally have to wave them off of your food tray when eating in the chow hall or they end up all over your food.:( The housing units are stuffy, though each cell does have a small window that can be opened behind a steel screen. Also remember, this is a facility where the plumbing is made of lead pipes so the water is not drinkable. All drinking water is trucked in on pallets in gallon plastic jugs...and sits outside until doled out to the inmates. So your drinking water is always ambient temperature, never cold. Ice is only available in specific areas such as the medical unit, as bags of ice or jugs of ice are considered a potential weapon and it is an infraction to be caught with any unauthorized.

So...Leslie's birthday was likely hot, dry, smelly, and relatively uncomfortable...for the 43rd year in a row.:( Keep talking, everyone. Her story, her accomplishments, her changed life and her contributions to hundreds of women who have been touched by her truly tender spirit are her legacy. It is up to us to share that and make it known.

When my son passed away six years ago this October, I coined the phrase the "T2 Ripple" as a symbol of how his young life would touch others for years to come...like a tiny pebble dropped into a pond, the ripples just keep emanating outward. My son has blessed so many people just by the telling of his story and ours, by sharing all that has happened since he grew angel wings and flew away from us. I hear those wings sometimes, too far away but still also near. Leslie has a similar story. The ripples of her life will continue to touch and bless others, I believe that with no doubt at all.

Folks will believe whatever they will abut Leslie, as is their right. My challenge has always been and will remain: Learn for YOURSELF what the truth really is. Don't believe the media, the book writers, the screenplays...learn the real facts. Learn the PERSON. Then decide who you think Leslie is. I may not know who she was THEN, but I know who she is NOW...I am honored to call her my friend.

Blessings all around, and may love and light envelop Leslie in that dark place.

Namaste, Leslie...and all.
TED

AOL

#1565 Aug 27, 2012
LOVE THAT POST LORRIE, AND GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AND JIMMY...... I READ WERE LESLIE IS WHAT THEY CALL A GOLDEN GIRL... WHERE THERE ARE ABOUT 200 OR SO OLDER INMATES THAT GO TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE, SO THEY DONT HAVE TO STAND SO LONG.. ALSO LESLIE HASNT HAD A WRITE UP IN ABOUT 40 YEARS.. SO SHE IS SOBER AND COMPLETLY CHANGED, THAT IS SO OBVIOUS.... THE PAROLE BOARD JUST HAS NO COURAGE AT ALL... LESLIE IS THE PRISONS TROPHY GIRL.... THEY DONT WANT TO SEE HER LEAVE.... HER NEXT PAROLE HEARING WILL BE 2013... MAYBE WE SHOULD WRITE THE PAROLE BOARD ON BEHALF OF THIS FORUM... LIKE THE TATE FAMILY WRITES TO OPPOSE, LAST TIME THEY GOT AROUND 60 LETTERS, SO NOT MUCH OPPOSITION AT ALL REALLY.....
Somesam

East Lansing, MI

#1566 Sep 14, 2012
romaniangypsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Ted for mentioning this. i have been swamped with stuff these last several months and have not checked in often, so was glad to see someone announce this date!
Yes, this time of year is HOT in Chino where CIW is located. It actually gets even hotter in September. Also, the prison is literally surrounded by dairy farms, so the smell gets pretty tough and the flies are unbelievable...you literally have to wave them off of your food tray when eating in the chow hall or they end up all over your food.:( The housing units are stuffy, though each cell does have a small window that can be opened behind a steel screen. Also remember, this is a facility where the plumbing is made of lead pipes so the water is not drinkable. All drinking water is trucked in on pallets in gallon plastic jugs...and sits outside until doled out to the inmates. So your drinking water is always ambient temperature, never cold. Ice is only available in specific areas such as the medical unit, as bags of ice or jugs of ice are considered a potential weapon and it is an infraction to be caught with any unauthorized.
So...Leslie's birthday was likely hot, dry, smelly, and relatively uncomfortable...for the 43rd year in a row.:( Keep talking, everyone. Her story, her accomplishments, her changed life and her contributions to hundreds of women who have been touched by her truly tender spirit are her legacy. It is up to us to share that and make it known.
When my son passed away six years ago this October, I coined the phrase the "T2 Ripple" as a symbol of how his young life would touch others for years to come...like a tiny pebble dropped into a pond, the ripples just keep emanating outward. My son has blessed so many people just by the telling of his story and ours, by sharing all that has happened since he grew angel wings and flew away from us. I hear those wings sometimes, too far away but still also near. Leslie has a similar story. The ripples of her life will continue to touch and bless others, I believe that with no doubt at all.
Folks will believe whatever they will abut Leslie, as is their right. My challenge has always been and will remain: Learn for YOURSELF what the truth really is. Don't believe the media, the book writers, the screenplays...learn the real facts. Learn the PERSON. Then decide who you think Leslie is. I may not know who she was THEN, but I know who she is NOW...I am honored to call her my friend.
Blessings all around, and may love and light envelop Leslie in that dark place.
Namaste, Leslie...and all.
Nasty day your goofy as hell-ness!

Hey maybe she could get out and off your whole family too.
Would we like that hon?
Now go back to your basket weaving.
TED

AOL

#1567 Sep 24, 2012
THERE WAS A SHOW ON PRISONS FOR PROFIT, I SAW THE OTHER NIGHT.... PRISONS ARE NOW BIG BUSINESS,THERE ARE 2 LARGE CORPERATIONS MAKING MONEY RUNNING PRIVATE PRISONS.... ITS IN THE BILLIONS NOW.... THE SYSTEM REALLY HAS NO INTEGRITY AT ALL.... HERE IN FL THEY SENTENCED A 19 YEAR OLD GIRL TO 25 YEARS FOR SELLING 4000.00 WORTH OF DRUGS, AND THATS STREET VALUE.... THEY THOUGHT THE GIRL HAD SOME INVOLVEMENT IN ANOTHER CASE BUT COULDNT PROVE IT SO THEY HAD THIS TEEN SET UP BY UNDERCOVER..... THE JUDGE A RIGHT WING REPUB APPOINTED BY JEB BUSH.... KNOWN AS EVIL BIASED WENDY, HANDED DOWN THIS HEARTLESS SENTENCE.... JEB BUSHS DAUGHTER DID ALOT WORSE AND NEVER SERVED A DAY, OF COURSE... SO YOU SEE HOW MUCH CORRUPTION IS IN OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM... ITS MORE MURPHYS LAW FOR LESLIE...
rider

Gwinn, MI

#1569 Sep 24, 2012
Citing Iraq War, Renowned Attorney Vincent Bugliosi Seeks "The ...

&#9658;&#9658; www.democracynow.org/.../citing_iraq_war_reno... ...
Jun 13, 2008
With a new book, he outlines his case for the prosecution of George W. Bush for murder
rider

Gwinn, MI

#1570 Sep 24, 2012
TED wrote:
THERE WAS A SHOW ON PRISONS FOR PROFIT, I SAW THE OTHER NIGHT.... PRISONS ARE NOW BIG BUSINESS,THERE ARE 2 LARGE CORPERATIONS MAKING MONEY RUNNING PRIVATE PRISONS.... ITS IN THE BILLIONS NOW.... THE SYSTEM REALLY HAS NO INTEGRITY AT ALL.... HERE IN FL THEY SENTENCED A 19 YEAR OLD GIRL TO 25 YEARS FOR SELLING 4000.00 WORTH OF DRUGS, AND THATS STREET VALUE.... THEY THOUGHT THE GIRL HAD SOME INVOLVEMENT IN ANOTHER CASE BUT COULDNT PROVE IT SO THEY HAD THIS TEEN SET UP BY UNDERCOVER..... THE JUDGE A RIGHT WING REPUB APPOINTED BY JEB BUSH.... KNOWN AS EVIL BIASED WENDY, HANDED DOWN THIS HEARTLESS SENTENCE.... JEB BUSHS DAUGHTER DID ALOT WORSE AND NEVER SERVED A DAY, OF COURSE... SO YOU SEE HOW MUCH CORRUPTION IS IN OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM... ITS MORE MURPHYS LAW FOR LESLIE...
Kids for cash scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaen.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_ca... - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Two judges, President Judge Mark Ciavarella and Senior Judge Michael Conahan, were ... in January 2009 when charges of corruption against the judges surfaced.... in favor of the private prisons over the facility operated by Luzerne County.
U.S . Judges Plead Guilty - Sold Children to Private Prisonswww.escapistmagazine.com ›...› Off-topic DiscussionCached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
35 posts - Jun 21, 2011
No charges have been filed against the private prisons that paid the bribes..... My actual response: Corrupt judges should be executed
TED

AOL

#1571 Sep 25, 2012
JUDGES BRAKE THE LAW ALL THE TIME, THATS WHY THERE ARE SO MANY APPEALS.... BUT THE APPEALS TAKE TIME AND MONEY WHICH ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT HAVE, AND THATS WHY THEY GET AWAY WITH IT..... THE DRUG WAR JUSTIFIES THE EXISTENCE OF THESE JUDGES..... BUGLIOSI HAS WRITTEN SOME GOOD BOOKS, ONE ON THE SUPREME COURT I REALLY LIKED.... HE DOSENT PULL ANY PUNCHES.... HE LETS YOU KNOW HOW HE FEELS.... I WOULD LIKE TO GET HIS VIEW ON THE DRUG WAR... ITS NOT EVEN CONSTITUIONAL AND I WONDER IF HE HAS THE COURAGE TO ADMIT THIS..... BUT IM NOT HAPPY HE HASNT ADVOCATED FOR LESLIES RELEASE..... HE KNOWS THIS IS CRAZY AND YET HE KEEPS PRETTY QUIET.... HE HAS FLIP FLOPPED ON HIS ANSWERS..... AT FIRST SAYING MAYBE 10 YEARS OR SO.... NOW I THINK HE SAID HES FINE WITH THIS.... BUT YES THE SYSTEM IS REALLY BIASED AND CORRUPT... YOUR ROLLING THE DICE, ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN....

Snoqualmie, WA

#1574 Sep 25, 2012
Somesam wrote:
<quoted text>
Would we like that hon?
Please crawl back under the rock from which you obviously recently emerged, learn some real facts, and stop saying things that are simply stupid and inflammatory...your statements here are a waste of Internet space.

Snoqualmie, WA

#1575 Sep 25, 2012
Yes, the golden girls do get some privileges due to advanced age such as going to the front of lines and not having to wait as long, etc. No one really minds, just as you wouldn't mind an elderly woman going ahead of you in the grocery store checkout line. Prison is a hard place to be, and for the older ladies it can be even more so.
Leslie has not had a 115 (infraction of rules or procedures) in 41 years...she is definitely a woman who abides by the rules and does not cause trouble. She tutors women who are trying to get their GED or high school diploma teaches illiterate women to read, and works as a volunteer in the general education department. She gives of her time and energy quite freely, and causes no problems. You have to remember, CIW is considered the "good girls prison" in California. If you screw up, are violent, receive multiple 115's, the threat is that you will be "shipped north" to Valley State prison or Chowchilla...two of the most violent women's prisons in the country. Leslie has remained at CIW all this time because she does not misbehave or get write ups.
I am grateful that you mention writing letters to the parole board before her next hearing. As many as possible would be great! I will look up the address and a contact person to send them to and post them here.
Peace all around...and may love and light surround Leslie today.
Blessings,
Lorrie
rider

Gwinn, MI

#1576 Sep 25, 2012
SourceWatch has Revised the History of the CIA's Operation Mockingbird http://www.whale.to/b/monday8.html Mark Dice explains Operation Mockingbird (1 of 4) On The Alex ...

&#9658; 9:28&#9658; 9:28 www.youtube.com/watch ...
Feb 13, 2009 - 9 min - Uploaded by TheResistanceChannel
Buy The Illuminati: Facts & Fiction from Amazon.com Also available: The Resistance Manifesto by Mark Dice
rider

Gwinn, MI

#1577 Sep 25, 2012
Mark Dice explains Operation Mockingbird (1 of 4) On The Alex ...

&#9658; 9:28&#9658; 9:28 www.youtube.com/watch...
Feb 13, 2009 - 9 min - Uploaded by TheResistanceChannel
Buy The Illuminati: Facts & Fiction from Amazon.com Also available: The Resistance Manifesto by Mark Dice
TED

AOL

#1578 Sep 25, 2012
RIDER.... THE 2 JUDGES YOU MENTION IN THE CASH FOR KIDS SCANDAL... MARK CIAVERALLA AND MICHAEL CONAHAN WERE CONVICTED AND RECEIVED 28 AND 17 YEARS RESPECTIVLY.... ITS RARE TO CONVICT THESE JUDGES.. THEY RECEIVED OVER 2 MILLION IN KICKBACKS FROM THE PRIVATE PRISONS AND YOU ARE RIGHT THE PRISONS HAVE NEVER BEEN CHARGED FOR THERE BRIBES..... GOOD POINT.... THESE WERE 2 OF THE WORST.... THEY RUINED ALOT OF YOUNG PEOPLE.... THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS UP.......
TED

AOL

#1580 Sep 27, 2012
ANOTHER FABULOUS, AND INFORMATIVE POST LORRIE..... JUST THINKING LESLIE HASNT HAD A WRITE UP IN 41 YEARS.... ABOUT AS LONG AS JIMMY HAS BEEN ALIVE... PRETTY AMAZING..... I HAVENT HEARD THE GOV JERRY BROWN WEIGH IN ON LESLIE, BUT THATS GOING TO BE KEY, LITERALLY.... IF HE DOSNT VETO THE PAROLE BOARD ON THESE MATTERS, LIKE ARNOLD DID, THAN LESLIE COULD BE FREE IN 2013.... HE SHOULD MAKE HIS FEELINGS KNOWN ASAP.... IF THIS GOV HAS ANY INTEGRITY HE WONT PREVENT LESLIES RELEASE..... I HAVE BEEN WATCHING JERRY BROWN FOR YEARS AND THE PRECEIPTION IS HE IS MORE LIBERAL... SO THIS IS WHAT I WAS COUNTING ON WHEN HE TOOK OFFICE....
TED

AOL

#1582 Oct 6, 2012
BRUCE DAVIS, WAS A MANSON FAMILY MEMBER CONVICTED OF THE SHORTY SHEA MURDERS BACK IN 1972.... THE PAROLE BOARD JUST RECOMMENDED HIS RELEASE AGAIN... HE IS ALMOST 70...... WE ARE GOING TO FIND OUT WERE THE GOV JERRY BROWN STANDS NOW... HE WILL HAVE 30 DAYS TO BLOCK HIS RELEASE..... ARNOLD THE LAST GOV OF CALIFORNIA BLOCKED IT LAST TIME..... JUST AFTER MY LAST POST JERRY BROWN RELEASED A STATEMENT SAYING HE WANTED LONG SERVING INMATES TO GET A CERTAIN CONSIDERATION HE DIDNT FEEL THEY WERE GETTING... OR SOMETHING PRETTY SIMILAR... MAYBE HE IS READING THIS FORUM..LOL.... IM REALLY HOPEFULL THIS GOV IS A FAIR AND REASONABLE GUY... I DONT THINK HE WILL BLOCK THIS RELEASE..... OR LESLIES RELEASE EITHER.... THIS IS A BIG STEP, WHENEVER THEY RELEASE A FORMER MANSON MEMBER, WHO HAS BEEN IN FOR 40 YEARS... ITS VERY GOOD FOR LESLIE..... THE PAROLE BOARD IS STARTING TO SHOW SOME COMMON SENSE...I THINK LESLIE WILL BE NEXT...
Steve

Peterborough, UK

#1583 Oct 6, 2012
It will be interesting to see the press reaction if Bruce Davis is released. If there is no hysterical outcry then l think Leslie might have a really good chance of being paroled as well.
Here's hoping!

Snoqualmie, WA

#1584 Oct 8, 2012
All I can even say to this is, "What rock did you crawl our from under?". Please...at least write intelligently if you're going to write at all.
If Leslie were to be released, I would welcome her to my community because I know how she is.
Bet you don't.
Oh, that's right...you read media reports, so I guess you know everything.
Have a pleasant day...
Somesam wrote:
<quoted text>
Would we like that hon?
rider

Gwinn, MI

#1586 Oct 8, 2012
What Terry revealed was that the murders attributed to the Son of Sam, the Manson Family, and numerous other interconnected killings (including possibly the Zodiac murders) were not what they appeared to be. While these killings appeared to be the random work of serial/mass murderers, they actually were contract hits carried out for specific purposes by an interlocking network of Satanic cults .....In other words, these were professional hits orchestrated and disguised to look like the work of yet another 'lone nut' serial killer. Which is, of course, exactly what Henry claimed his crimes to be, several years before investigative journalist Terry published his convincingly documented work. http://www.whale.to/b/manson.html
rider

Gwinn, MI

#1587 Oct 8, 2012
Despite the growing allegations of misconduct against the Peoples Temple in the U.S., the move to Jonestown was given the full support of the American Embassy in Guyana. Some[who?] claim their cooperation was facilitated by Larry Layton's brother-in-law, as well as people including Walter Mondale, Rosalynn Carter, and George Moscone. Others[who?] point out that the Georgetown CIA station was in office space within the U.S. Embassy building itself, and at least three diplomatic officials there were allegedly CIA assets.[citation needed]

Richard Dwyer, whose name was listed in Who's Who in the CIA, was Deputy Chief of Mission of the U.S. Embassy to Guyana at the time. There exists a strong likelihood[citation needed] that Ryan would not have been at the airstrip during the attack without direct intervention by Dwyer. Ryan had intended to remain at the Jonestown compound to continue interviewing families while those wishing to return to the United States were taken to the airstrip, but as the dump truck was leaving Ryan was attacked by Peoples Temple follower and alleged Red Brigade member Don Sly (also known as Ujara). Ujara wielded only a knife and the attack was quickly ended. Ryan was cut in the attack[9] and decided to board the dump truck headed to the airstrip. Already on the dump truck was Larry Layton, who, despite warnings by the defectors that Layton was a strong supporter of Jim Jones[citation needed], had been allowed to join the group at the last minute. Layton participated in the attacks on the Ryan delegation, ultimately serving nearly twenty years in prison after being disarmed and failing to kill his targets on the Cessna, becoming the only Peoples Temple follower to face criminal charges for these events.

On September 27, 1980, a column by investigative reporter Jack Anderson was published under the title "CIA Involved In Jonestown Massacre."[10] According to Anderson, Dwyer and Jones had ties to the CIA, with Dwyer's ties dating to at least 1959; when quizzed directly about this alleged CIA involvement, Dwyer responded "no comment." At one point on the sound-recording made during the mass suicide, Jones' own voice commands, "Take Dwyer on down to the east house" and a short time later, Jones says "Get Dwyer out of here before something happens to him."[11]

However, rather than being in Jonestown, numerous witnesses, including reporters for the Washington Post and San Franscisco Chronicle, saw Dwyer miles away at the Port Kaituma airstrip.[12] Dwyer arrived there with some local constables just before the ambush by the Jonestown "Red Brigade" security squad.[12] Dwyer was also shot in the buttocks during the Red Brigade's ambush at that location.[13] Dwyer stayed at the airstrip with the survivors during the night.[14] Although no one can be certain, Jones' slurred speech and the apparent confusion evidenced in his followers on the tape at his reference to Dwyer may indicate that Jones mistook someone else (perhaps Charles Garry) for Dwyer.[
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown_conspi...
rider

Gwinn, MI

#1588 Oct 8, 2012
Operation CHAOS or Operation MHCHAOS was the code name for a domestic espionage project conducted by the Central Intelligence Agency. A department within the CIA was established in 1967 on orders from President of the United States Lyndon B. Johnson and later expanded under President Richard Nixon. The operation was launched under Director of Central Intelligence (DCI) Richard Helms, by chief of counter-intelligence, James Jesus Angleton, and headed by Richard Ober. The program's goal was to unmask possible foreign influences on the student antiwar movement.[1][2] The "MH" designation is to signify the program had a worldwide area of operations.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_CHAOS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 16 min Paul McCartney is... 659
Poll What's the most exotic/hottest mixed race group? (Jan '13) 50 min Doctor REALITY 23
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 50 min Quirky 42,522
Are your Topix comments helping...or hurting ot... 53 min Doctor REALITY 4
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 65
Am I Starting To Like My Step-Cousin? 2 hr IDontWantThis 1
HOLLYWOOD striving to delete prayer from scripts 3 hr haha 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 hr Robert F 690,621
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 hr Aura Mytha 989,879
More from around the web