drg

United States

#45 Feb 14, 2014
the bottom line is women will always look down on a handicapped man and most women will always tell you any excuse why they cannot date you. I have a handicap and all I hear is excusses I come to realize its a superficial world. the survival of the fittest..... eat or be eaten...... guys we can talk all day long on this conversation but it's never going to change . you might have the best education the best intense but the cold reality is that women do want the perfect man. I'm a 46 year old single father and I see so many women choose a scumbag over me who doesn't pay child support or treat them like a woman with respect and love I swear that they're the best thing on the earth. so you tell me is that fair to guys that really wants to have a relationship but is handicapped.hmmmm
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#46 Feb 14, 2014
drg wrote:
the bottom line is women will always look down on a handicapped man and most women will always tell you any excuse why they cannot date you. I have a handicap and all I hear is excusses I come to realize its a superficial world. the survival of the fittest..... eat or be eaten...... guys we can talk all day long on this conversation but it's never going to change . you might have the best education the best intense but the cold reality is that women do want the perfect man. I'm a 46 year old single father and I see so many women choose a scumbag over me who doesn't pay child support or treat them like a woman with respect and love I swear that they're the best thing on the earth. so you tell me is that fair to guys that really wants to have a relationship but is handicapped.hmmmm
when you say handicapped, that sounds like you are incapable of sexually satisfying any woman. that is probably what women are thinking. they prefer a scumbag who can make them pregnant. that is one purpose of life, multiplication. it is found in the Bible.

are you in a wheelchair ? that is another reason why women are not interested in a relationship with you. they find it hard transferring you to bed, etc.

but anyway, try praying. maybe someone will fall in love with you and do the sacrifice. prayer works for me.

good luck.:)
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#47 Feb 16, 2014
Funny topic. Funny because these same guys will not date an ugly woman. And that being the case means it's you too whom is looking and judging based on the superficial. So you are no different than them.
RJS

Sacramento, CA

#48 Feb 16, 2014
Knock off purse seller wrote:
Funny topic. Funny because these same guys will not date an ugly woman. And that being the case means it's you too whom is looking and judging based on the superficial. So you are no different than them.
That's right. We are no different from them. That's the VERY point people with disabilities are trying to make.

It's amazing to me how you saw that without seeing it.....
Sybian Princess

Portland, OR

#49 Feb 16, 2014
We know a man who is a paraplegic, I go over to help care get some times at his home. Hubby and I have known him for years, he's a great guy! I frequently do his bathing, so much trouble to do the shower chair thing we just do a sponge bath on his bed. He's still capable of becoming erect and has full sensation, I do my best not to make it seem like "pity sex" but a man is still a man, and I do my best to help him feel like one! And though he can't move from the waist down, trust me he is still all man LOL!
Chair-man

Overland Park, KS

#50 Feb 16, 2014
Dude. You're just making excuses for yourself. Look, I'm 51 and am quadriplegic. But I still get plenty of women and get hit on all the time. It's not about how much money you make, how you look, or how "nice of the person you are." It's how you make women FEEL. It's the honest truth. There's a guy who sums it up really well in his blog and newsletter. I can't remember his name, but if you Google "Double Your Dating" I think you'll find him. It's about having "game," not all that other stuff you think it's about. Trust me, I know for sure.
Brad

Kokomo, IN

#51 Feb 17, 2014
I have Muscular Dystrophy and, have been with my lady for 5 yrs now. It does depend on ur personality but, most importantly it's about love, trust, communication, and, etc. Just because a Man or Woman is disabled doesn't mean they can't get a date or find someone that truly likes and, loves them. It's all about if they except u for who u r or not. I know for a fact my lady loves me because if She didn't She wouldn't stick around. There's really not much in it for Her besides the fact that I'm a very good man and, treat Her with the up most respect and, we have GREAT sex as well lol. Even when I was younger I never had a problem finding a girl but, maybe that's just me and, my personality and, a few other things lol. Hope this helps the disabled stay strong about the dating scene.
qasgh

Somerville, MA

#52 Feb 28, 2014
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow hun, I'm so sorry that low life people treated you in this manner. You're worth alot more than scum like them. Hang in there hun and let God lead you. You'll meet a sweet, loving woman who will genuinely care for you one day.
Let God lead you? Wasn't it God that created disabled people? I'm 22 years old and I walked with a crutch my whole life. I have never been able to date any girl at all, kiss, or even be acknowledged by a girl.
Most girls looked, and continue to look at me with with complete disgust and pity. One time in high school I had a crush on a girl for three years, and she knew it but ignored me at all costs. I finally decided to ask her out, but when I just hinted of having any feelings for her, she just walked away.

As far as online, girls would tell me all kinds of things like "I love you so much I would die for you." And even though they've seen my pics without my crutch and like my looks as well as personality, as soon as I tell them of my handicap, they block me, laugh at me, or stop replying.

Generally I've been socially ostracized my whole life solely because of my handicap. Even while I can be funny, have good conversations, and a great personality, people have never treated me as anything equal. They're nice, sure. But I've never been invited to hang out or go to a party or even spoke to anyone outside of school.
If I do manage to make a friend, they're only a friend until they realise that I'm an embarrassment to them. Then, they pretend to not know me or ignore me.

Although it may seem very bad, this is the easier part of my life. I've had over a hundred surgeries in my life, my family is ridiculously poor, and I'm in constant debilitating pain in every moment of my life.

I'm sending this from a hospital where I've spend the majority of my life due to leg/abdominal problems. I have never in my entire life lived a moment in which I didn't wish I were dead.
whm

Perth, Australia

#53 Mar 2, 2014
Unfortunately its true. I am 50 years old and have Cerebral Palsy. I work, have a degree, drive, have a mortgage, but have never been in a relationship with a women. And believe me I have tried.

I gave up trying when I turned 41. It became apparent to me that women at a primal level are repulsed by a disabled man.

My advice to any guy out there is to not bother. Your self esteem will improve and as you get older the need for sex diminishes so it gets easier.

Also don't feel bad about visiting a sex worker occasionally if you are still sexually active. I went once in my 30's out of desperation.

Ultimately you will realize the truth even though women will try to confuse the issue because it is too telling about the true nature of the female psyche.

Goodluck.
candacecasey

Houston, TX

#54 Apr 26, 2014
Well I was born without my leftforearm but I found love when I was twenty six which to me was a miracle I have to agree with most of the posters here men have it harder than women if their disabled in the dating area.Even though I'm missing a limb I have a cute face so guys weren't nearly as mean to me as some od the others have experienced.I will never forget the way I felt though when I was in fifth grade there was a valentines day dinner and the eightth grade boys were supposed to escort the fifth grade girls to their tables well my guy just left me standing there crying when he saw I was missing a hand.It was humiliating the principal had to escort me to my table.
candacecasey

Houston, TX

#55 Apr 26, 2014
My husband is disabled too but not in a visible way he was born with a heart condition.We have had a bumpy road but we are still going strong after six years and three beautiful children born without our anomalies.I am grateful for all God has given us.I think some people are just shallow and superficial they want people to envy them and won't be seen with anyone who isn't considered "arm candy'I personally laugh at these types of people because they usually end up with someone who is not what they appear to be like the really hot girl or guy who is always rude and disrespectful.
Donnie

Little Rock, AR

#56 Apr 27, 2014
All men and women will eventually become disabled before they die, if they dont get killed in an accident, or murdered.
Anonymous

Wellington, New Zealand

#57 May 17, 2014
Fritz wrote:
I used to believe this too, but it's bull. I'm quadriplegic and no less than seven women have wanted to marry me since I broke my neck. Now, if I had a defeatist attitude and victim-mindset, of course I would be disgusting to women. That goes for any man, disabled or not. I'm still rather picky, so I'm not yet married, but I'm for sure not settling because I'm now paralyzed. Don't buy into the preconceived notions. A man can offer a whole lot more than just the stereotypical role of protector. Especially because no one is ever truly safe (there's always someone bigger, stronger, crazier, or better armed). Don't let your disability be an excuse. Be a man.
7 women proposed to you? You're full of shit.
bryan

Rapid City, SD

#58 Jul 8, 2014
I know I have CP and went to the bar to visit my brother and watch a band. Turned around only to have 3 women give me a dirty look like I am not supposed to be there. I have one degree, close with getting my second degree. Was told numerous time that no woman would want me because of my CP.
bryan

Rapid City, SD

#59 Jul 8, 2014
Again, growing up with cerebral palsy. My brothers would get calls from girls at home. I never had a girl ever call me There is nothing worse than being alone or lonely.
bryan

Rapid City, SD

#60 Jul 8, 2014
People view any person with a disability as less of a person/ childlike, when it is not true
bryan

Rapid City, SD

#61 Jul 8, 2014
People view any person with a disability as less of a person/ childlike, which it is not true
bryan

Rapid City, SD

#62 Jul 9, 2014
It is a double standard in society. I am suppose to respect any person, but because I am disabled they say anything and treat me like dirt any time. If I say anything usually family members step in and tell me to issue an apology.
bryan

Rapid City, SD

#63 Jul 9, 2014
Knock off purse seller wrote:
Funny topic. Funny because these same guys will not date an ugly woman. And that being the case means it's you too whom is looking and judging based on the superficial. So you are no different than them.
I have been turned down by ugly women, judge the heart not the face or body.
bryan

Rapid City, SD

#64 Jul 9, 2014
Allan wrote:
I have Cerebral Palsy but also have a Master's Degree and love to have fun. I wish women would really look at the person inside and not be so superficial. Not to say that everyone is like that but I would love to find someone that liked movies, travel, foregn languages, history, sports. It causes a lot of emotional pain to get judged and there is no worse pain than being alone.
I know I have CP too, Associate Degree, close with a second degree. It hurts being alone. God bless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 4 min RiccardoFire 37,348
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min Blk Thndr 602,802
Gay snapchat names 9 min jackkdc 55
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min ChristineM 753,659
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min New Age Spiritual... 550,897
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min RiccardoFire 96,431
Quitman Mountains, Hudspeth County, Texas (Sep '10) 20 min Jean-Louis 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min WasteWater 262,081
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 1 hr girls united states 173

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE