60 minute story on Obama's failed Cle...

60 minute story on Obama's failed Clean Energy Program

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Since: Mar 14

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Mar 4, 2014
I enjoyed watching the story on 60 minutes recently about Obama's failed Clean Energy program and all the money that has been wasted on corporate start-ups that failed.

Meanwhile I also attended the New Car show in Philly recently and noticed there was not much mention of Flex Fuel vehicles *FFV" there. They did have a Tesla electric car tucked in the corner.

Why has Obama not required that ALL NEW CARS BE FFV (E85 Ethanol) compliant by now?!?!?!?

That would have been the best thing he could have done for Clean and Independent Energy for our Nation.

Good Luck,
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#2 Mar 4, 2014
ivyawe wrote:
I enjoyed watching the story on 60 minutes recently about Obama's failed Clean Energy program and all the money that has been wasted on corporate start-ups that failed.
Meanwhile I also attended the New Car show in Philly recently and noticed there was not much mention of Flex Fuel vehicles *FFV" there. They did have a Tesla electric car tucked in the corner.
Why has Obama not required that ALL NEW CARS BE FFV (E85 Ethanol) compliant by now?!?!?!?
That would have been the best thing he could have done for Clean and Independent Energy for our Nation.
Good Luck,
Ethanol has too many disadvantages to be practical on large scale
Ethanol is 37% less efficient then gasoline
Ethanol has a lower heat of combustion (per mole, per unit of volume, and per unit of mass) that petroleum
Large amounts of arable land are required to produce the crops required to obtain ethanol, leading to problems such as soil erosion, deforestation, fertiliser run-off and salinity
Major environmental problems would arise out of the disposal of waste fermentation liquors.
Typical current engines would require modification to use high concentrations of ethanol
etc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min WiseMan3 45,809
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min Just Think 691,912
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 36 min Classic 4,396
__POPE & ISRAEL to SIGN Historic Agreement__ 55 min Dec 2017 News 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 6,687
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr Exposing Devil Lies 368
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Tellthetruth 990,656
More from around the web