assistant principal slams teen to ground (schoharie high school)

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 May 12, 2010
today there was an incident at the schohaire high school with my son andrew, he was falsely accused of drinkin alcohol in school, my son did react badly to being accused of this, but the assistant principal slammed my son from behind to the ground, bruseing his ribs and elbow, also causing some scraping to different parts of his body, i took him the ER in cobleskill and blood tests were given and there was no acohol in my sons system. there are other students envolved and one might not be able to leave for the navy in aug . all because someone told them they saw them. IT IS ILLEGAL TO PUT YOUR HANDS ON STUDENTS.

Dublin, Ireland

#2 May 12, 2010
Yep, you should take legal action

Location hidden

#3 May 12, 2010
we are, that man had no right, the police did nothing
educators

Brownsburg, IN

#4 May 13, 2010
This is an example of why govt programs don't work. The only people who should be taxed are those who send their kids to school. If they are crappy schools you can take your money to the place that would provide the best education. This kind of nonsense would never happen if the parents were empowered with the money.The only students who should be allowed to attend school without charge are the indigent. Even then, if they don't behave they are put out into the streets. I wonder what your son was doing that would prompt such an extreme action.

“It's a two way street”

Sands of Time

#5 May 13, 2010
educators wrote:
This is an example of why govt programs don't work. The only people who should be taxed are those who send their kids to school. If they are crappy schools you can take your money to the place that would provide the best education. This kind of nonsense would never happen if the parents were empowered with the money.The only students who should be allowed to attend school without charge are the indigent. Even then, if they don't behave they are put out into the streets. I WONDER WHAT YOUR SON WAS DOING THAT WOULD PROMPT SUCH AN EXTREME ACTION.
Good point.
Larry

Helena, MT

#6 May 13, 2010
your_goin_down wrote:
today there was an incident at the schohaire high school with my son andrew, he was falsely accused of drinkin alcohol in school, my son did react badly to being accused of this, but the assistant principal slammed my son from behind to the ground, bruseing his ribs and elbow, also causing some scraping to different parts of his body, i took him the ER in cobleskill and blood tests were given and there was no acohol in my sons system. there are other students envolved and one might not be able to leave for the navy in aug . all because someone told them they saw them. IT IS ILLEGAL TO PUT YOUR HANDS ON STUDENTS.
Hopefully your son learned his lesson.
There are consequences for being an 'a' hole
Mississippian

Bogotá, Colombia

#7 May 13, 2010
your_goin_down wrote:
This is funny as hell. Are you for real? With your writing ability, you should GO BACK to school. LMAO
Mississippian

Bogotá, Colombia

#8 May 13, 2010
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully your son learned his lesson.
There are consequences for being an 'a' hole
Larry, I was thinking the exact same thing. That and "My son would never do anything wrong, they just attacked him without any reason!!!" Again, LMAO

Location hidden

#9 May 13, 2010
whatever, watch the news, channel 10 albany
anon

Schoharie, NY

#10 May 14, 2010
oLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL N00B GOT PWND!!!
confused

Schenectady, NY

#11 May 14, 2010
Why watch the news? Is the media answering for you and your son? I watched it and read the article. Takedowns like this happen all the time. I believe the principal was just saving the rest of the kids from harms way. Questions will now be directed at you. Is this child unstable? Can you control him? If he acts this way in public, i can only imagine the way he acts at home! He seems just fine, meaning physically a few bumps and scraps happen on a daily basis, especially when you are fighting other kids, like in his case, from what I've read.
your_goin_down wrote:
whatever, watch the news, channel 10 albany
anon

Schoharie, NY

#12 May 18, 2010
i watched this clip from the news and believe that what happened to your son was justified. let's say he didnt drink the alcohol for the sake of the argument. why was he standing around the kids that ILLEGALLY brought the alcohol into the school? why was he so aggressive toward the assistant principal who was merely doing his job? It clearly states at the channel 10 news website:"Schoharie's Superintendent of Schools says Andrew was restrained because he was out of control and that's allowed under state law if a student might hurt themselves or others." If your son had any brain function at all and was not drinking the alcohol, why did he become, "very emotional" and punch a locker? and apparently, this is not the first time he's been in trouble: "Andrew has been suspended before, including once for fighting with another student, but his family says he's been trying to get beyond the troubled past." The kids your son was "standing there, not drinking the alcohol" with, are they "good kids"? Or are they the, shall we say, bad apple types? Im not sure if you fully understand the concept of a drug, tobacco and alcohol free school-zone, but I can sum it up for you: YOUR SON WAS AROUND THE ALCOHOL, THUS THE BLAME COMES TO HIM BECAUSE HE KNOWINGLY STOOD THERE AND DID NOTHING TO STOP THEM OR TELL FACULTY. Here's a little tid-bit for you: "Part 86, the Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Regulations (Education Department General Administrative Regulations [EDGAR]), requires that, as a condition of receiving funds or any other form of financial assistance under any federal program, an institution of higher education (IHE)(1) must certify that it has adopted and implemented a program to prevent the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees." So instead of filling the internet with more stupidity, use your computer to learn facts about things that concern you or your family's life before you post this garbage on the internet.
PWNED

Schoharie, NY

#13 May 18, 2010
First of all your spelling is something out of 5th grade please correct that. Second point of this is your son had alchohol and he is one of the kids in school that everyone expects to have the alchohol and be in jail at around roughly another year. The law also says and quote if you'd like that if a student is infact in danger of harming himself and or others the staff is allowed to put him down but how would trailer trash like yourself know that, your a mindless idiot for taking this to court and you will be even more bankrupt at the end of it.
I like eggs

Schoharie, NY

#14 May 18, 2010
First of all it's "involved" not "evolved", but I'm sure you already knew that. I am a student which goes to this school and knows all the people involved on a somewhat personal level, and honestly with the trouble your son has gotten himself into before, I think we must take the staff's side on this. He even admitted in the news report that he was "punching lockers" which would, at least in my eyes, show that he was in a violent temper tantrum. The report also says that he has been suspended for fighting before, which shows this isn't his first temper tantrum. All this being said, he was with a group of kids who had alcohol and was stupid enough to hang around with said group, and also stupid enough to get all pissy when blamed for drinking alcohol. If he had kept a cool head and you had gone to get the blood test later, it would have been apparent his only crime was being niave enough to hand around with those people.
anonschoharie

Schoharie, NY

#15 May 19, 2010
@anon (cobleskill)
teal deer
anonschoharie

Schoharie, NY

#16 May 19, 2010
For anyone who wants to know what this story is actually about, here is the corrected version:

Today, there was an incident at the Schoharie High School with my son, Andrew. He was falsely accused of drinking alcohol in school. My son did react badly to being accused of this, but the assistant principal, Steven "Fire Beard" Hoard, slammed my son from behind to the ground, bruising his ribs and elbow. This also caused some scraping to different parts of his body. I took him to the Emergency Room in Cobleskill. Blood tests were administered and there was no alcohol in my son's system. There are other students involved and one might not be able to leave for the Navy in August. This is all because someone told them they saw them drinking alcohol. It is illegal to put your hands on students.
i like eggs

Schoharie, NY

#17 May 19, 2010
naive*
anonschoharie

Schoharie, NY

#18 May 19, 2010
Post Script: It is actually not illegal for school faculty to put their hands on students.
anonschoharie

Schoharie, NY

#19 May 19, 2010
[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2i jr8yd.jpg[/IMG]
anonschoharie

Schoharie, NY

#20 May 19, 2010
Sorry that link didn't work.
Here we go:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2ijr8yd.jpg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 4 min andet1987 5,115
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Tide with Beach 775,681
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 11 min UnderstandPeople 4,780
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 22 min RiccardoFire 37,820
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min karl44 605,053
ChristmasProfits.co Review - Information About ... 38 min theepicbonus 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min Protester 265,194
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 559,649
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
More from around the web