First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#21 Apr 22, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
What is all this nonsense about an angry god? Why would a god be angry? A god can do or have anything it wants, supposedly.
Despite disagreement to this notion by most of His followers, God's mood is pretty much in the eyes of the beholder and based on what one believes His mood is regarding a number of issues, His followers can be said to believe in an "angry God", a "benevolent God", or one which shares attributes of both. God can do what He wants with us, including get seriously p*ssed. The Bible is chock full of His divine retribution, everything from wiping out the planet, to sending bears to maul children for being obnoxious, to turning every last Christian in Rome over to the Wilde side for worshiping other Gods. Believers in a "benevolent God" believe he's gotten over most of these issues, believers in an "angry God" believe he hasn't and won't. Believers in an "angry God" are more likely to be anxious, paranoid, compulsive and/or obsessive than those that don't.
Elohimsokie

Stillwater, OK

#22 Apr 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Despite disagreement to this notion by most of His followers, God's mood is pretty much in the eyes of the beholder and based on what one believes His mood is regarding a number of issues, His followers can be said to believe in an "angry God", a "benevolent God", or one which shares attributes of both. God can do what He wants with us, including get seriously p*ssed. The Bible is chock full of His divine retribution, everything from wiping out the planet, to sending bears to maul children for being obnoxious, to turning every last Christian in Rome over to the Wilde side for worshiping other Gods. Believers in a "benevolent God" believe he's gotten over most of these issues, believers in an "angry God" believe he hasn't and won't. Believers in an "angry God" are more likely to be anxious, paranoid, compulsive and/or obsessive than those that don't.
STHU you reprobate homosexaul queer.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#23 Apr 22, 2013
Elohimsokie wrote:
STHU you reprobate homosexaul queer.
I will shut the hell up when I choose buttercup, any problem you might have with that, your problem. Is there anything else?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Gabriel 988,443
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min gabrielhomo 36,708
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Here For Now 619,811
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min Chuck 688,652
Mother Should Trust The Goverment? 1 hr Naughty Nasa 1
Main causes of bullying 2 hr HFCS - What It Is 4
How did black people get here ( economically) 3 hr Doctor REALITY 71
More from around the web