Forest Ranch man dies in car wreck

Forest Ranch man dies in car wreck

There are 35 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Mar 1, 2010, titled Forest Ranch man dies in car wreck. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

A Forest Ranch man, 47, died around 5 a.m. Sunday when the car he was a passenger in crashed on Highway 32, just east of Headwaters Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Big Jim

San Clemente, CA

#1 Mar 1, 2010
That dude is gonna do some time.I hope he did not have priors or he might do 10 years!The weather is getting warmer and that means more drinking and feeling good wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to good!!!!!!!
nosympathy

Chico, CA

#2 Mar 1, 2010
As usual the wrong guy died.
Magalia resident

Chico, CA

#3 Mar 1, 2010
R.I.P. My families condolences to yours.
So sad

Dallas, TX

#4 Mar 1, 2010
Prayers with all involved....so sad.
Chico Voter

United States

#5 Mar 1, 2010
Big Jim wrote:
That dude is gonna do some time.I hope he did not have priors or he might do 10 years!The weather is getting warmer and that means more drinking and feeling good wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to good!!!!!!!
You walk for accidentally murdering someone in this county. Specially if you are drunk and can afford a lawyer.
Jim Brobeck

Chico, CA

#6 Mar 1, 2010
I suppose DUI means under the influence of ALCOHOL. But it is not specified what the alleged intoxicating substance was. I am curious and wonder what the breakdown of the data is between different drugs.

Since: Jul 09

Forest Ranch, CA

#7 Mar 1, 2010
The victim was NOT a resident of Forest Ranch. Both the ER and the local news have this fact incorrect. The driver is a Forest Ranch resident.

Try Common Sense

Since: Feb 10

Chico, CA

#9 Mar 1, 2010
Sounds like a good opportunity for Lance Daniel to make a buck. If he can get this guy off on a technicality maybe he would make a good DA for Butte County.

He might not like the commute from Sacramento every day for the trial though. Maybe he can email his case to the judge
Get rid of Ramsey

Sacramento, CA

#11 Mar 1, 2010
Chico Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
You walk for accidentally murdering someone in this county. Specially if you are drunk and can afford a lawyer.
Yep, but if you bring a gun to school and don't shoot anyone the DA asks for life, tries you as an adult and will plea down to 22 years.
Friend

Lincoln, NE

#13 Mar 1, 2010
I can't believe you're gone MD and that we'll never see you again, why did you have to go so far from home? We will miss you.
Ggod

Chico, CA

#14 Mar 1, 2010
Get rid of Ramsey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, but if you bring a gun to school and don't shoot anyone the DA asks for life, tries you as an adult and will plea down to 22 years.
It is how good your lawyers is that gets you a better deal, not how bad the district attorney is
Concerned

Oroville, CA

#15 Mar 1, 2010
According to the Butte County Superior Court website, if this is the same Christopher Howell, he has had previous traffic violations for speeding, seatbelts, equipment violations and yes DUI in 2004, in which it appears he was still on probation. So sad that an innocent life was lost.
Concerned

Chicago, IL

#16 Mar 1, 2010
Friend wrote:
I can't believe you're gone MD and that we'll never see you again, why did you have to go so far from home? We will miss you.
Was The passenger's name Mike, and goes by Mikey?
dun seen

United States

#18 Mar 1, 2010
i drove by the accidnet shortly after it happend. skid markes looked like he was doing 80-100+ mph. car was totally smashed into/around a large tree.
Politikally inkorrekt

United States

#19 Mar 1, 2010
I bet all he had was two drinks..... Sad story, very sad indeed.
Chris - Lincoln NE

Mount Laurel, NJ

#20 Mar 1, 2010
this is so terrible I am in shock...the man killed in the accident was a long time friend of mine and many many people here in Lincoln. His name was Michael J. Diekmann age 47 from here in Lincoln, NE. He had only been in CA for about 7 mos...a great friend and a really fun guy to be around...he will be sorely missed. R.I.P Mike we love you!
upset family member

Steamboat Springs, CO

#21 Mar 2, 2010
Stop and think about the families before you post hateful comments!!! They do read these!!
Family comment

Lincoln, NE

#22 Mar 2, 2010
It's really interesting that everyone has such STRONG opinions, yet you don't know the whole story. This man has a family, children, and shouldn't be judged so harshly by people that don't know the situation. Chris is a great father, with a huge heart. We all make mistakes in our lives, and should stop and think before we are all so quick to point the finger at others. This is a horrible trajedy, but everyone is suffering enough....and the hurtful comments do help anyone's cause. Think about the big picture and pray for the families of both men. RIP Mike...you were a great man! Sending lots of love to Chris H., and his family. Stay strong and have faith that God only gives us what we can handle.
Steve - Lincoln NE

Lincoln, NE

#27 Mar 2, 2010
Mike was a great friend for many, many years. He will be missed by his friends in Lincoln more than words can ever convey. We love you Mike!

“All the news, all the time.”

Since: Dec 07

Chico, Calif.

#29 Mar 2, 2010
Posts containing personal attacks have been deleted.

Also, posts containing unverified claims against an individual have been removed. Officials arrested Howell on suspicion of driving under the influence. If the District Attorney's Office files charges, it is up to the courts to make a determination of guilt.

Per Topix rules, be polite. Please be aware that moderators may remove inappropriate posts and ultimately seek to ban repeat offenders.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and cooperation.

Ryan Olson
ChicoER.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sensual London Massage (Apr '12) 37 min shaggy 9
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr ROCCO 31,647
Couple in dallas tx looking for a female to hav... (Jan '15) 1 hr rmmslat 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr nanoanomaly 987,439
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Phooey 687,432
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 hr Ricky F 39,265
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 4 hr Johnny 6
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) Sep 21 River Tam 619,794
More from around the web