For a happy life try celibacy

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
56 year old virgin

Elkhart, IN

#1 Dec 20, 2008
I see all these posts in here advocating this or that life style, yet nobody has mentioned the life style I prefer; celibacy. So I guess I'll step forward and be a celibate apologist since I can speak from so many years of experience, especially of being happy every day, every week, and every year: 24/7. While on the other carnal hand, I see all these people around me living the fleshy life style, and the only result I see is that it leads to a progressive entanglement of stressful situations. Gay people are forever trying to justify what they call a good time, between doses of AIDS medication, and the straight people play all the endless life consuming mind games, and, dog-gone-it, more people get killed from the mind games of straight people then gays dropping dead from AIDS. So here I sit, eating my popcorn and watching all these people running around the endless circle of fleshy pursuits. Why I feel a lot like I’m in the eye of a hurricane, because all round me I see all these people entangled in this emotional whirlwind called the pursuit of passion, meanwhile, I’m sitting here cool, calm, tranquil, stress free, no stressed induced health problems, and my face shining with a joyful countenance from the knowledge of how much better it is to be sitting here then the endless stressful running around I see out there. And oh-my-goodness, I ended up spending so much time developing my education and creativity in all things, that I can’t spend as much time as I would like watching this real life reality show called The Pursuit of Passion that is by far stranger then anything you can watch on TV. So zip up your zippers men, pull up your panties women and try celibacy, trust me, it’s great to be a virginity.
Obama 08

Old Town, ME

#3 Dec 20, 2008
Hard sell and not believable.
Rhett

United States

#4 Dec 20, 2008
56 year old virgin wrote:
I see all these posts in here advocating this or that life style, yet nobody has mentioned the life style I prefer; celibacy. So I guess I'll step forward and be a celibate apologist since I can speak from so many years of experience, especially of being happy every day, every week, and every year: 24/7. While on the other carnal hand, I see all these people around me living the fleshy life style, and the only result I see is that it leads to a progressive entanglement of stressful situations. Gay people are forever trying to justify what they call a good time, between doses of AIDS medication, and the straight people play all the endless life consuming mind games, and, dog-gone-it, more people get killed from the mind games of straight people then gays dropping dead from AIDS. So here I sit, eating my popcorn and watching all these people running around the endless circle of fleshy pursuits. Why I feel a lot like I’m in the eye of a hurricane, because all round me I see all these people entangled in this emotional whirlwind called the pursuit of passion, meanwhile, I’m sitting here cool, calm, tranquil, stress free, no stressed induced health problems, and my face shining with a joyful countenance from the knowledge of how much better it is to be sitting here then the endless stressful running around I see out there. And oh-my-goodness, I ended up spending so much time developing my education and creativity in all things, that I can’t spend as much time as I would like watching this real life reality show called The Pursuit of Passion that is by far stranger then anything you can watch on TV. So zip up your zippers men, pull up your panties women and try celibacy, trust me, it’s great to be a virginity.
You ain't normal.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5 Dec 20, 2008
Obama 08 wrote:
Hard sell and not believable.
Yep, sounds like a person trying desperately to convince themselves by convincing others to join them.
56 year old virgin

Elkhart, IN

#6 Dec 20, 2008
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, sounds like a person trying desperately to convince themselves by convincing others to join them.
??? Why would a celibate person join with anyone?

At least St. Paul understands me.
Sarah

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Dec 20, 2008
Ok
Obama 08

Kahuku, HI

#8 Dec 20, 2008
Too late. I had sex this morning and I'm planning on having it this evening, too.
tim

Superior, WI

#9 Dec 20, 2008
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well she does have some good points. If you could do that and stay away from human confusion that leads to addiction that would be great. I have said that our society is very addicted to everything and we pursue our happyness with sex/drugs/and rock and roll. I am no differant than most. I do see that if you live a simple life things are much easier. I do think however that healthy commited relationships are great if you can find one. And I agree sexual misconduct have lead to many health problems. Most people would not understand this persons message, because they are to caught up in the world. Hey if it works for this person that is great.

Since: Dec 08

In New Jersey

#10 Dec 20, 2008
56 year old virgin I think that your life style is different but that is your choice. Didn't you ever want kids? A wife? A family? any of that? I could not imagine my life with out my husband or my kids, its more of having love for someone and being able to rely on someone when you need it. Its not all about sex. Its a realationship that you build with people. even friendships have their ups and downs. Im not trying to be mean but do you have friends? Because then you would know about relationships.

expatincebu

“Better life through chemicals!”

Since: Jun 08

Cebu Philippines

#11 Dec 20, 2008
Most people have a sex drive. It sounds like you have little to none. Either that or you masturbate frequently and prefer that to sex because you fear intimacy.

I personally do not care if you choose celibacy, but you go out of your way in your post to criticize gays and link them to aids. What is up with that? You also criticize straights.

If you are a happy celibate good for you. Be happy. But do not criticize those who are not.

Elkhart, IN

#12 Dec 20, 2008
Loved1 wrote:
56 year old virgin I think that your life style is different but that is your choice. Didn't you ever want kids? A wife? A family? any of that? I could not imagine my life with out my husband or my kids, its more of having love for someone and being able to rely on someone when you need it. Its not all about sex. Its a realationship that you build with people. even friendships have their ups and downs. Im not trying to be mean but do you have friends? Because then you would know about relationships.
I know all about relationships, I'm an astrologer, I deal with relationship issues every day. The more I learn about them, the happier I am not having one.

In New Jersey

#13 Dec 20, 2008
<quoted text>
I know all about relationships, I'm an astrologer, I deal with relationship issues every day. The more I learn about them, the happier I am not having one.
Ok well that is your choice. Very interesting job by the way.
Neocons are Cowards

Niagara Falls, NY

#14 Dec 20, 2008
wOW, YOU MUST BE REALLY UGLY!

Elkhart, IN

#15 Dec 20, 2008
expatincebu wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people have a sex drive. It sounds like you have little to none. Either that or you masturbate frequently and prefer that to sex because you fear intimacy.
I personally do not care if you choose celibacy, but you go out of your way in your post to criticize gays and link them to aids. What is up with that? You also criticize straights.
If you are a happy celibate good for you. Be happy. But do not criticize those who are not.
What do you mean I'm criticizing? I don't see it that way. The way I see it is I am justifying my choice. I never have to worry about STDs or head games. And if you would read the news you would see how many husbands and wives are killing each other. I watch Nancy Grace.

In New Jersey

#16 Dec 20, 2008
it was the way that you put it.... "gay have aids" that is not true all people can get aids. and "straight people play mind games" all people do. I dont think that it is fair to steriotype by sexual preferance.
The Scene

Superior, WI

#17 Dec 20, 2008
expatincebu wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I do confess, I am gay and have HIV because of my sexual issues. Many of my friends have died from it. So, she does have a point. Not that all people should remain celibete, but I feel that many of us have lost control of our desires and they have manifested into something that was not healthy. HIV/DRUG abuse is a huge issue in the gay community, and I think many of use have addictions to mask psychological issues that we have not dealt with. I could write a book about my life experiences, and it would make your head spin. My life experiences are to common in the gay community, and that is why many of us have problems.
Road Idi O

United States

#19 Dec 20, 2008
<quoted text>
Funny thing, I got married many years ago, we have five wonderful children.
Never thought it would lead to celibacy though.

Oh well, at least Football games don't get interupted anymore.

ps: what do St.Paul's writings say about astrology?

Elkhart, IN

#20 Dec 20, 2008
By the way, I may have written the first post in a facetious style, but I was serious about the content. Social relationships eat up so much time in our lives that many people have little time to do anything else.

First, I've done many things, I can do a 800 move martial art form, read over a thousand books, play flute and seven string electric violin, am learning how to draw and use an airbrush, and many other things I've done and lost interested in. And also most important of all, being celibate is the only way one can achieve what I call neuroendocrinal equanimity, a state where one’s happiness comes not from acquisition and change, but from an inner constant steady state of radiance. To achieve this inner radiance of joy one has to first achieve a one mind state, as the Bible puts it, and to do that one has to achieve an emotional equilibrium, because each emotional state changes what thoughts we have, such as lustful emotions creates carnal thoughts, anger creates vindictive thoughts, love creates nurturing thoughts and so on. And so to achieve this inner consent ever present happiness, one is absolutely required to resolve all the emotion fluctuations. St. Paul in his way explains it perfectly. As long as one is carnally inclined one will create emotional fluctuations, to experience the inner radiance of the spirit, or what ever you want to call it, one must resolve the emotional fluctuations. And so it is impossible to be carnal inclined and to experience this inner ever constant radiance at the same time, because carnal and emotional happiness comes from emotional fluctuations, and the joy of the spirit comes from emotional equilibrium.

Also it is easy to understand why the sex drive is so compulsive, because though sex leads to so much stress and problems in life, yet it is necessary for the survival of the species. And so like the alcoholic with his drink, as long as he is drinking he will keep finding excuses not to stop, but once he does stop and go dry he will tell you it is much better to be sober then drunk. The same is true with sex, as long as one is addicted to it, one will always find justifications for it, then there is peer pressure and all that, but once someone does break the lust addiction, then one will find the inner joy spoken of in the scriptures of the world and will talk about how it is much better it is not to do it. Read Romans and you will see St. Paul going on in this same vain of thought. And so it’s not that St. Paul is against gays or against women, as some people say, he is against sex in general because he achieved what lies beyond it, as did the other close disciples of Christ. For example St. Peter said, 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

“"Lo Amo La Liberta"”

Baltimore Md USA

#21 Dec 20, 2008
All I can say is, if it works for you thats great...I have heard people say celibacy works for them.I can't say it would work for me,I guess it takes a special kind of person to resist.

“Winchester Model 1894”

Since: Apr 07

Roy, Washington

#22 Dec 20, 2008
If you believe in celibacy,
give yourself a hand!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr MOGADORE 994,029
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 hr MKULTRA 59,649
Why did O.J. criminal trial jurors IGNORE cuts ... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Crazy Horse 619,877
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Crazy Horse 446,253
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Crazy Horse 695,512
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 7 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,497
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Mon Pimpy 23
More from around the web