no

First Prev
of 837
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Albuquerque, NM

#17840 Sep 18, 2011
lkbkr29 wrote:
<quoted text> Is everyone, besides me, on this website dense as hell or what?! Holy crap! Nobody listens, or reads for that matter. I NEVER SAID IT WAS WRONG TO NURSE A BABY IN PUBLIC!!!! I should not have to go out of my way to make sure that my kids aren't exposed to a topless woman at too early of an age! I shouldn't have to be careful about where I look just because some women can't keep it in their shirts and have no respect about the morals that others are trying to instill in their families!
As a conservative Christian who believes feeding my children through breastfeeding honors God's perfect design, I find it interesting that you write about being a "decent" person who is trying to instill morals in her children, yet you speak in an insulting and negative manner and use indecent language. While I didn't agree with your sentiments, you begain posting in an intelligent manner, yet in the last three or four, you sort of went haywire. In my entire, well-traveled life, I have seen two women nursing in an indiscreet manner. The vast majority of women nurse their children respectfully in public, particularly since the advent of nursing covers specifically designed for that purpose that are so popular right now. I see much more "boob" in women who wear low cut tops regularly on any given day than on a mom feeding her child. Do you really think there are women who purposely nurse their children as an avenue to expose themselves? Really? Doesn't that sound simply ridiculous? And I agree with the person who brought up starving children: there are simply WAY bigger issues to get up in arms about. Might I suggest the following conversation between you and your children shold the need arise? "Mommy, what's that lady doing?" "She's feeding her baby." End of story.
Mazungu

Perth, Australia

#17841 Sep 19, 2011
Vettegirl wrote:
I think it's disrespectful to the public. I went out to a nice restaurant for lunch last year and a woman was breastfeeding at the next table. I was disgusted. She was at least 45 and she made no attempt to hide what she was doing. She should have known better. And of course I didn't say anything because I have manners. If it ever happens again I think I will speak up. No one wants to see that, I don't care how "natural" it is.
Every day in Africa oh delicate one.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#17842 Sep 19, 2011
Mazungu wrote:
<quoted text> Every day in Africa oh delicate one.
your location says austrailia.

do you visit africa alot????

are you from the united states?

considering how uninhibited austrailia and africa are.......your attitude conflicts with both.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#17843 Sep 19, 2011
Jenna718 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a conservative Christian who believes feeding my children through breastfeeding honors God's perfect design, I find it interesting that you write about being a "decent" person who is trying to instill morals in her children, yet you speak in an insulting and negative manner and use indecent language. While I didn't agree with your sentiments, you begain posting in an intelligent manner, yet in the last three or four, you sort of went haywire. In my entire, well-traveled life, I have seen two women nursing in an indiscreet manner. The vast majority of women nurse their children respectfully in public, particularly since the advent of nursing covers specifically designed for that purpose that are so popular right now. I see much more "boob" in women who wear low cut tops regularly on any given day than on a mom feeding her child. Do you really think there are women who purposely nurse their children as an avenue to expose themselves? Really? Doesn't that sound simply ridiculous? And I agree with the person who brought up starving children: there are simply WAY bigger issues to get up in arms about. Might I suggest the following conversation between you and your children shold the need arise? "Mommy, what's that lady doing?" "She's feeding her baby." End of story.
Give them hell, Jenna! I have seen women cover up and feed their baby and I have seen a few that didn't cover up. I had the manners to turn my head the other way and not make an issue of the woman breast feeding her child. Anyway, If a person has seen one boob, in a manner of speaking they have seen all boobs. This woman that is gripping must be flatchested and envious of the women that has enough boob to feed a kid. Ladies, the baby comes first. If it comes to feeding your baby or some old battle-axe whining, feed the baby.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#17844 Oct 1, 2011
The law is on our side in Canada and most States. When asked about the issue of breastfeeding in public in Canada, breastfeeding support groups typically point to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (comparable to the U.S. Bill of Rights). The Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees "gender equity," and it is on that clause that most breastfeeding rights advocates hang their hat.
Dan

Sydney, Australia

#17845 Oct 24, 2011
I'm all for chicks getting their funbags out in public if ur a guy and ur against it ur gay
Tom

London, Canada

#17848 Dec 14, 2011
Wills Girl wrote:
I think a lot of men have a problem with it because they are jelaous of the little baby.
What the f@ck are you talking about?

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#17849 Dec 17, 2011
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
What the f@ck are you talking about?
the poster was saying that it is their belief that many men are jealous of breastfeeding babies.

because they can suckle at a woman's breast, as nature intended [anytime they want as most BF babies are fed on demand], but the men cannot. at least not in public!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#17850 Jan 28, 2012
It is a baby's right to get fed anywhere he/she is located along with the mother. Breastfeeding in public places should be considered decent and the more moms use the privilege the more the message of 'feeding from mom's breasts is the right of the baby' is passed to moms who are hesitant. In our modern world, denying anybody's basic right is considered a crime.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#17851 Jul 8, 2014
Once again the breastfeeding in public issue is at hand. A woman was harrassed at a starbucks in canada, by another woman (???)

I love that canada allows women to breastfeed in public! way to go canada!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 837
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Clearwater 830,978
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 586,090
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 10 min Paul is dead 1966 3,023
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 11 min GodFreeByChoice 5,847
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min RiccardoFire 99,338
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 22 min RiccardoFire 3,695
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Freebird USA 176,582
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 42 min Mr Wiggley 442,982
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Neelakaran 6,440
More from around the web