Lack of responsiblity for Fireworks debris

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1 Jun 29, 2013
They told us it's their property, but make no mention of what they create on our property or our property rights. Our neighbors, he's mid 30's, have been doing fireworks for five or six years since they have lived in the house next door. Because we live in the county and have long narrow lots, an acre of more, they seem to think that it is OK for them to do their fireworks without caring where they land or how much debris or problems they cause in our yard, trees, veggie garden, house, or deck canopy. This creates problems as our dogs eat them and not to mention the 'trash' that it creates in our yard areas. Last year amid the drought they assured us that it would be safe as they had volunteer firefighters friends that would be at their party, and not to worry and they would come and clean our yard areas. The fireworks landed on our house, in our trees, our canopy, our veggie garden, and the dogs ate them. Two days later we had to remind them of the mess they had made in our yard areas. Later that day they did come over, but only in the furthest back part of our yard to clean it up, but only picked them up maybe by a fourth, and we were left as usual with cleaning up after them, this after my two steroid injections in my back just to be able to walk, and my husband with a blood clot in his leg. This year I think they are going to try and face them towards their other neighbors, a policeman who probably doesn't care, and an older couple on the other side of him, who I know will care. I have found out I can call the police, and honestly wondering if they get called if it will do any good or will it be just passed over because of the policeman neighbor, and that we can file a Civil Suit. Normally I have great respect for any Police or Firefighters, but at the moment wondering where the responsible ones are, the ones that would be asking the hard questions of their friends, questions like just where does ALL the debris go? As for the Civil Suit we are more than likely going to have to file just to get them to be responsible, can you imagine a mid 30ish man going in front of a Judge and explaining why he has to have his fireworks every year at the expense of his neighbors rights?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2 Jun 29, 2013
I forgot to mention that we live in Rutherford County just outside the Murfreesboro city limits, the software on this site is not letting me change it from Hermitage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Electric Shaver for head 12 min skullshaver 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min ChristineM 794,331
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min truth 567,672
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 1 hr max 176
Dead Trigger 2 cheats android 1 hr kanha panda 1
Nimble Quest Hack Android [ + iOS ] 1 hr kanha panda 1
Boom Beach Hack 2015 1 hr kanha panda 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr AntiqueAnnie 607,103
Scientific proof for God's existence 4 hr lightbeamrider 514
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 267,338
More from around the web