Dodge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

NorCal88 wrote:
Of course, there are other religions which account for the observed facts rather well. I like this one from Mike Royko, who was, for many years, a syndicated columnist of the Chicago Tribune.
…I am a member of the Church of Asylumism and believe it is the one and only true faith…
Our church was founded by Dr. I. M. Kookie, one of the world's leading experts on lots of things. In our church, he is called the Prophet Kookie.
As Prophet Kookie has revealed in the Book of Kook, man is not native to this planet. He did not evolve from monkeys, as some people believe, or descend from Adam and Eve, as others insist.
Millions of years ago, a highly advanced race of peaceful, happy beings on a distant planet had a perfect society. But they developed a social problem. A few hundred of them became deranged. Their madness took different forms. Some stole or became violent. Others tried to become lawyers. Some wanted to form political parties. And a few claimed that God spoke to them and told them how everybody should live.
So they were rounded up, put on a spaceship, and a search was made for an uninhabited planet that would serve as an asylum. They found this planet.
Thats like what we did with the Aussies but on a gallatic level. OMG though thats for fesable than the bible :/

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

4your411 wrote:
Prove that there itsnt one.
The lack of evidence is enough proof for me.

“Just a very naughty boy.”

Since: Dec 08

Dodge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Bit Twiddler wrote:
<quoted text>
Welai di 'fory, Skitz. Nos da :)
Sut ti bess :) Bore da. Fi wedi blino, typio(?) mawr, geweli bach. Beth ti neid brawd?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Harold Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
They have been trying to do that with no luck so far. That explains their frantic desperation, pandemonium, and fear. It usually is expressed by blaming everyone else for their irresponsible behavior until a better theory or hypothesis comes along.
With no 5000 year old book of atheism around, they are left with nothing but themselves to rely on....funny, ain't it?
Who specifically is working on a project to try to disprove god? Give me some names and research papers.... scientists would see this as a patently absurd issue.

“Just a very naughty boy.”

Dodge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Princess Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
The Flying Spaghetti Monster (bless his noodly goodness) and the Invisible Pink Unicorn (may she live in green pastures forever, bless her holy hooves). We are quite fortunate that both post on these threads from time to time.
LOL we should converse with he and his omnpresent noodly apendages. His meat balls are ready for love.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Harold Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You belong in Hell.
If there was such a thing, you would fit right in. Say hi to Fred Phelps for me while you're at it.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

legalize Industrial Hemp wrote:
<quoted text>Makes good sense, your homeopath.
Yeah he was a really great guy. Cured my sinus problems too. Oh and he moved to Germany last year and put me onto another homeopath, who is an exceptionally hot woman!

Yip, a highly intellectual and great guy indeed!

:P

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

RayneFall wrote:
Some people want to say there is no God and prove it if there is. Ok, simple prove that there is not one.
The lack of evidence is proof enough for me.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Id go for elbow and knee pads too, you never know what angle a fundie will get you from :)
Considering the nature of some of the fundies we got here presently, you'll need something for your butt too.:D

“There is no Truth in Faith”

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

Harold Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
They have been trying to do that with no luck so far. That explains their frantic desperation, pandemonium, and fear. It usually is expressed by blaming everyone else for their irresponsible behavior until a better theory or hypothesis comes along.
With no 5000 year old book of atheism around, they are left with nothing but themselves to rely on....funny, ain't it?
There is proof your God is false;

Any omniscient, omnipotent God that needs humans to fight for him, write books for him or supplicate to him is a fraud.

There is no truth in faith.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

Harold Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the repetitive indoctrinating motto of an ungrateful coward. It seems to pop up quite often on atheist forums. I wonder why?
Because it is the Truth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

Harold Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very sincere and dedicated in your hatred. I'll have to hand it to you on that aspect.
Funny thing is, your hatred is really towards yourself more than to God and others.
But you'll have eternity in a lake of fire to dwell on that.
This is a lie. You can't hate something that does not exist. It's your hell, you burn in it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Jack wrote:
Have faith in a creator who loves you, who knows you, and not faith in a cosmic accident that doesn't give a rats behind about you.
Faith- belief of evidence of things yet unseen
It's a lot easier to believe in a myth that leaves you all warm and fuzzy inside that it is to believe in something that's back by cold, hard, facts but does not reward you with ridiculous empty promises... and who says that a cosmic accident can not be fascinating and full of wonder?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Many examples showing God's design could be given, possibly with no end. But here are one that:

The Earth...its size is perfect. The Earth's size and corresponding gravity holds a thin layer of mostly nitrogen and oxygen gases, only extending about 50 miles above the Earth's surface. If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would be impossible, like the planet Mercury. If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter.3 Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life.

existence of GodThe Earth is located the right distance from the sun. Consider the temperature swings we encounter, roughly -30 degrees to +120 degrees. If the Earth were any further away from the sun, we would all freeze. Any closer and we would burn up. Even a fractional variance in the Earth's position to the sun would make life on Earth impossible. The Earth remains this perfect distance from the sun while it rotates around the sun at a speed of nearly 67,000 mph. It is also rotating on its axis, allowing the entire surface of the Earth to be properly warmed and cooled every day.

And our moon is the perfect size and distance from the Earth for its gravitational pull. The moon creates important ocean tides and movement so ocean waters do not stagnate, and yet our massive oceans are restrained from spilling over across the continents.

“Hemp for building materials”

Since: Sep 08

Hampstead

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sut ti bess :) Bore da. Fi wedi blino, typio(?) mawr, geweli bach. Beth ti neid brawd?
going out on a limb here. Welsh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

expatspain wrote:
Many examples showing God's design could be given, possibly with no end. But here are one that:
The Earth...its size is perfect. The Earth's size and corresponding gravity holds a thin layer of mostly nitrogen and oxygen gases, only extending about 50 miles above the Earth's surface. If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would be impossible, like the planet Mercury. If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter.3 Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life.
existence of GodThe Earth is located the right distance from the sun. Consider the temperature swings we encounter, roughly -30 degrees to +120 degrees. If the Earth were any further away from the sun, we would all freeze. Any closer and we would burn up. Even a fractional variance in the Earth's position to the sun would make life on Earth impossible. The Earth remains this perfect distance from the sun while it rotates around the sun at a speed of nearly 67,000 mph. It is also rotating on its axis, allowing the entire surface of the Earth to be properly warmed and cooled every day.
And our moon is the perfect size and distance from the Earth for its gravitational pull. The moon creates important ocean tides and movement so ocean waters do not stagnate, and yet our massive oceans are restrained from spilling over across the continents.
With the universe constantly expanding, and the number of planets being in the millions of billions, the odds are that a planet would be perfectly placed for life. In fact, statistically speaking, it's likely that there are other planets in other distant galaxies that have the same conditions that are ripe for life. No need for God.

Pretty cool, huh?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

gyrus wrote:
I can't hardly wait for judgement day. All the christians standing around arguing with God about what he said, what he was really trying to say.. How much you know about him & arguing that he don't know what he's talking about. How stupid he is, what really happened, how he is going to burn in hell because he don't believe you.
"Till then we shall be content to admit openly, what you (religionists)
whisper under your breath or hide in technical jargon, that the ancient
secret is a secret still; that man knows nothing of the Infinite and
Absolute; and that, knowing nothing, he had better not be dogmatic about
his ignorance. And, meanwhile, we will endeavour to be as charitable as
possible, and whilst you trumpet forth officially your contempt for our
skepticism, we will at least try to believe that you are imposed upon
by your own bluster."
-- Leslie Stephen, "An agnostic's Apology", Fortnightly Review, 1876

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

expatspain wrote:
Mudpuddle says; "There must be a God! The Earth was shaped to fit my form so perfectly. It must have been designed!"

Life formed to fit the available conditions, not the other way round. Whudda maroon!!

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

gyrus wrote:
<quoted text>Poor Harold, I don't think Topix is good for you.
Why? Because I'm overqualified with intelligence and common sense? Because I am not a liar? Which is it?

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

MoonWind Dancer wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first sentence was SO rude and uncalled-for...
It's "Christians" like you that made me leave.
Why do you consider it rude or uncalled for? I would find God relieving a believer from this life in order to be absent from a non-believing spouse to be a sign of mercy (if these forums are any indication of the mental trauma they could bring about).

I know if I were called names like christard, fungitard, sheeple, etc all day long , I'd be wanting out of the marriage too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 160,101 - 160,120 of680,081
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

515 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
gay snapchat 1 min Blakeinthesky 4
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 min Johnny 387
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min -USA-1 109,544
teen snapchat nudes 8 min Blakeinthesky 116
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi 25 min Rajib 34
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min truth 512,087
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 54 min Catcher1 596,516
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr andet1987 216,878
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr Titus18 244
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Some1 Else 89,563
•••
•••
•••