|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Cvvl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Only 33 posts to your credit and you already suck at this. Kudos.
Wow! I only joined last night; I guess finding truth is something you suck at. Kudos.

“Don't try to goad me...”

Since: Nov 07

... I'm a goadless heathen.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

AmberZimm wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to place a challenge on you. I will give you 6 months to prove to me that the Bible, in its entirety, is false. I will happily give you my e-mail address, and patiently wait. Along with that; if life has evolved from an organism, I would like you to demonstrate this to me. Without taking any other organism from another, develop a, let's say tree from ONE organism. You are not allowed to take multiple organisms from another. ONE ONLY!!! Prove to me that the Bible (the whole Book) is false, and produce for me a tree from ONE organism.
Holy crap!

Every time I get comfortable and familiar with the level of ignorance that believers display, another one comes along and shakes my world.

I really don't see how anyone can top you, AZ.

P.S. Are you telling the truth - it takes TWO of you to ascend to this level of ignorant?!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

Beamsplitter wrote:
<quoted text>
Education will destroy christianity.
Which is why the more ardent the religious sect, the more opposed to education it is.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why the Age of Enlightenment broke the Church's monopoly of power over science and philosophy in Europe in the 15th Century.
Religion is based on faith and not on reasoning. The Age of Enlightenment was the beginning of the understanding that reason instead of faith was advocated as the primary source and legitimacy for authority. Dorinda Outram wrote "Enlightenment was a desire for human affairs to be guided by rationality rather than by faith, superstition, or revelation; a belief in the power of human reason to change society and liberate the individual from the restraints of custom or arbitrary authority; all backed up by a world view increasingly validated by science rather than by religion or tradition.Ē
In response to superstition the church instead of using reasoning it used fear and in one event called the Great Witch Hunt, over 100,000 women in Europe were killed because the church officials believed they were witches.
Martin Luther, the German Protestant leader had this to say about faith and reason: Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.
The church's anti-intellectualism can be traced back to the early days of the christian church after the fall of the Roman Empire.
The church was the only viable institution for learning for almost thousand years. In that time, church officials destroyed numerous Greek and Roman "Pagan" books about science.
In 391, Christian Emperor Theodosius I ordered the destruction of all "pagan" (non-Christian) temples, and the Christian Patriarch Theophilus of Alexandria complied with this request by burning down the great library of Alexandria, one of the greatest libraries of ancient times.
In fact, Tertulian(150 A.D.-225 A.D.), considered the father of Latin Christianity, is famous for his statement: Quid ergo Athenis et Hierosolymis - What has Athens to do with Jerusalem? In other words, what does ancient Greek science and philosophy have anything in common with Christianity?
As such given the church's hostility against "pagan" science and philosophy the church condemned Europe to the Dark Ages for almost a thousand years until the re-discovery of ancient Egyptian, Greek and Roman science that was preserved by the "heathen" Muslims.
Nice elucidation. Cheers

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Take a look around fool.

“Death is hereditary.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

crusade for christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep evoking this stuff then because it only proves what I have been saying all along. This is not provoking anything in me except pity for you. And one more thing....This is no little dork. I am a grown women who has probably seen more and done more of lifes experiances then you could do in 2 lifetimes and I survived them all. Why do you assume that a Christian is always suppose to be a little dork and always a He? I am a women who suffered a hard childhood and spent years in foster homes and orpanage homes because I was taken away from my parents. I married young and had 2 children before I turned 20. I struggled 17 years of drug abuse and served 3 prison terms as a result of drug and gang related crimes. I finally hit my knees and surrendered my life to God and it was only then that my life was restored. I now have a wonderful relationship with my parents and a even greater relationship with my own daughters. I live a clean drug free life and I love every minute of it. The fact that I am still alive is a miracle in itself. God gave me the strength to overcome what some people would never survive. Don't be so quick to judge somebody because they call themself a Christian.
Good for you! I was in the same boat. I am 27 and have had many a situation for which I should be dead. I knew that there was a reason for my being, just didn't know what. Until I met Christ. Then it all made sense. I am still pursuing what I know He has intended for me, and I can't wait to get there. I have found, that when others begin to try and get us to see things their way, they begin to get defensive and start with the personal insults when we don't budge. They continue to try and push their ideology on us, but dare we say something about Christ. That's when the real fun begins. I think it's because deep down, they know the truth. They just simply don't want to own up to the fact that God is real! They don't want to have faith in something that they can't touch, see, smell, etc. Plus, when we begin to get defensive, we are "Fundamentalist Christians". However, they expect us to sit back in silence, and listen to what they have to say. All will be revealed in the end. God Bless you too! Congratulations on getting your life together! Much Love in Christ!!!

“Death is hereditary.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Cvvl wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap!
Every time I get comfortable and familiar with the level of ignorance that believers display, another one comes along and shakes my world.
I really don't see how anyone can top you, AZ.
P.S. Are you telling the truth - it takes TWO of you to ascend to this level of ignorant?!
Why thank you Cvvl. I take it as a compliment that no one can top me! On another thought, you are not one to judge about ignorance. I did not pose the challenge to you; it was to another individual. I am not here to make your life comfortable; I hope I make you so mad that you could chew bullets. Are you familiar with the saying, "Judge not, lest ye be judged"? Smooches!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

crusade for christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep evoking this stuff then because it only proves what I have been saying all along. This is not provoking anything in me except pity for you. And one more thing....This is no little dork. I am a grown women who has probably seen more and done more of lifes experiances then you could do in 2 lifetimes and I survived them all. Why do you assume that a Christian is always suppose to be a little dork and always a He? I am a women who suffered a hard childhood and spent years in foster homes and orpanage homes because I was taken away from my parents. I married young and had 2 children before I turned 20. I struggled 17 years of drug abuse and served 3 prison terms as a result of drug and gang related crimes. I finally hit my knees and surrendered my life to God and it was only then that my life was restored. I now have a wonderful relationship with my parents and a even greater relationship with my own daughters. I live a clean drug free life and I love every minute of it. The fact that I am still alive is a miracle in itself. God gave me the strength to overcome what some people would never survive. Don't be so quick to judge somebody because they call themself a Christian.
You always had "the strength to overcome what some people would never survive"; what you lacked was the faith that someone trusted and believed in YOU. Since no one else was volunteering for the role, you let jesus take that spot. I'm glad it worked out for you, but know this - your reliance on jesus is still a dependency. YOU are the one with the strength, and YOU only need to recognize the trust and belief in yourself that you have developed.

Do it at your own pace.

Eden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

"That's when the real fun begins. I think it's because deep down, they know the truth."

You are incorrect. It is because willful and arrogant ignorance is irritating.

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

peace wrote:
<quoted text>I donít need scientific evidence that God created the Universe
Itís always important to understand the big picture. Science is based on observable facts and isnít a belief system. Religion is an indoctrination system based on blind faith and also isnít a belief system. You are too pathetically brainwashed to understand the difference between science based in reality and religion based on mythology.

There you go again attempting to disparage rational scientists because all you have is an invisible spaceman and a discredited unholy book. evilbible.com thoroughly slices up the immorality in your damned bible. Anyone who believes in an invisible spaceman without any scientific evidence is a dangerously delusional imbecile too cowardly to seek the truth through science and you clearly fall into that category.

No rational human being has ever stated an amalgamated myth is the son of an invisible spaceman. Intellectual Christian may the greatest oxymoron ever and you are no intellectual. You can continue making a complete jackass here and even try to convince yourself that you are somehow winning an argument. Unfortunately for you and your fellow cultists, the debate as to whether the universe had a designer is over. The sad truth is that you are a foul-mouthed and emotionally disturbed bitch in need of professional help.

“Death is hereditary.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

Mage wrote:
"That's when the real fun begins. I think it's because deep down, they know the truth."
You are incorrect. It is because willful and arrogant ignorance is irritating.
Well since you feel compelled to take it to another level, you are incorrect. Your willful and arrogant ignorance is irritating.

Lastly, were you never taught to keep your nose out of others business? I suppose not. I am the ignorant one? Hmmm....I think not.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

AmberZimm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thank you Cvvl. I take it as a compliment that no one can top me! On another thought, you are not one to judge about ignorance. I did not pose the challenge to you; it was to another individual. I am not here to make your life comfortable; I hope I make you so mad that you could chew bullets. Are you familiar with the saying, "Judge not, lest ye be judged"? Smooches!
Not particularly familiar with the concept of "open forum" are you?

And in regards to making me angry, well, no worries. Nothing about your mythology will madden me, though I may become distressed, pessimistic and incited by the evidence of what your faith has done to your human potential.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

AmberZimm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since you feel compelled to take it to another level, you are incorrect. Your willful and arrogant ignorance is irritating.
Lastly, were you never taught to keep your nose out of others business? I suppose not. I am the ignorant one? Hmmm....I think not.
Reapeat after me - "open forum".

Eden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

"I am the ignorant one? Hmmm....I think not. "

You attempt to criticize the theory of evolution without knowing the first thing about it. Honestly, the least you could do is learn *what it is*.

“Death is hereditary.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Cvvl wrote:
<quoted text>
And in regards to making me angry, well, no worries. Nothing about your mythology will madden me, though I may become distressed, pessimistic and incited by the evidence of what your faith has done to your human potential.
Open forum...right. Got it. Well I am glad that you aren't mad. I know what my potential. I utilize my abilities and talents, everyday. Please do understand, this is not a personal attack, or a means to provoke a quarrel. I like to see this as an opportunity to engage in hopefully friendly conversation. Obviously, things have taken a sharp turn off course. So I do apologize for that.

“Death is hereditary.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

Mage wrote:
"I am the ignorant one? Hmmm....I think not. "
You attempt to criticize the theory of evolution without knowing the first thing about it. Honestly, the least you could do is learn *what it is*.
Actually Mage, I have studied about evolution. So please do not make an unfair assumption; that is ignorance. However, evolution didn't seem "right" to me. Now, that is my opinion and please respect that.

“Death is hereditary.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Cvvl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry...I know what my potential is.

Eden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

"Actually Mage, I have studied about evolution. So please do not make an unfair assumption; that is ignorance."

There was nothing remotely unfair about my comment.

You thought humans were theorized to have evolved from chimpanzees and that a turtle who is 100 years old should evolve.

Your statements show tremendous ignorance about common descent and how evolution works.

“Death is hereditary.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

Mage wrote:
"Actually Mage, I have studied about evolution. So please do not make an unfair assumption; that is ignorance."
There was nothing remotely unfair about my comment.
You thought humans were theorized to have evolved from chimpanzees and that a turtle who is 100 years old should evolve.
Your statements show tremendous ignorance about common descent and how evolution works.
Ok Mage. It's like I said before. Evolution theorists expect us Christians to sit and listen to your fairy tales and silliness. However, you feel as though you are entitled to throw your beliefs, along with insults to me; that I suppose you feel is justified. You have shown your ignorance by taking it upon yourself to say that I haven't looked at the theory of evolution. I was hoping that these conversations could be cordial and looked at as a time of varying opinions. Such is not the case obviously. So, I am ending it here. I hope you have a good evening. Also have a safe and Happy New Year.

Eden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

AmberZimm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Mage. It's like I said before. Evolution theorists expect us Christians to sit and listen to your fairy tales and silliness.
There are no fairy tales or silliness involved. But you wouldn't really know that because you have no knowledge of evolution whatsoever.

You ignored my responses to your questions because they went way over your head.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,941 - 96,960 of716,326
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

555 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 598,730
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min petesake 114,599
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min guest 529,862
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 51 min Patrick 223,138
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 52 min RFD 1,405
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 54 min Greg 86
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr NEWS-FLASH 171,437
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Charlie Sheen 255,652
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Liz 61
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••