“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#777858 Sep 7, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
abortion laws only restrict women.
Buck Crick wrote:
Abortion laws apply to all persons. Men just happen to be at no risk of violation.
Thanks for the heads up. Did you want to address the comment I actually made?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#777859 Sep 7, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Your God supposedly created everything.
You've told us all along that humans are unable to create life....diseases are alive.
Keep your stories straight.
My story has always been straight, I've never said that God created everything, nor does He create everything still. Look to your left and to your right, do you see walls? Maybe windows? Did God create those or did man?

Now look into your pantry, do you see canned soup filled with sodium? Do you see Cheetos? Do you see Red Bulls, maybe Pepsi? Do you see manufactured cheese in your fridge? Look in your medicine cabinet, are there prescription drugs? Take a drink of that tapwater, did God create that nasty ass tapwater?

The answer is no. God didn't create any of those things listed above, humans did. We've created our own mess, our own diseases and our own cures. That's exactly what God wants us to do. Live and learn, investigate, become smarter - more intelligent.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#777860 Sep 7, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Of course I did. Why wouldn't I? It contradicts the idea that women have the same worth as men, and it supports the idea that fetuses and infants under one month were worthless to whomever wrote those words. Who do you believe that was?
Incidentally, shouldn't I be the one laughing? Or crying?
I don't know if you should laugh or cry, that's completely up to you.

The reason why I laughed at you quoting Levitical law to Christians is something I've already told you time and time again. Old Testament law has been fulfilled by Jesus, those laws don't apply to Christians anymore.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#777861 Sep 7, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/2203...
A parasite is an organism that lives in another organism, called the host, and often harms it. It is dependent on its host for survival - it has to be in the host to live, grow and multiply. A parasite cannot live independently. Although a parasite rarely kills the host, in some cases it can happen. The parasite benefits at the expense of the host - the parasite uses the host to gain strength, and the host loses some strength as a result.
Parasites, unlike predators, are usually much smaller than their host. They reproduce at a faster rate than the host.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/par...
an animal or plant that lives in or on another animal or plant and gets food or protection from it
http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Para...
An organism that obtains nourishment and shelter on another organism.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/...
An organism which lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the otherís expense:
----------
And so forth and so on.
Are there other definitions? Of course.
But what part of the above definitions of "parasite" can you legitimately dispute?
You can't honestly dispute the ones I've provided any more than I can dispute the one you've provided.
A fetus can be demonstrated to be a parasite, both by way of commonly accepted definitions of the word "parasite", and anecdotally (Curiouslu and Sweets 2360, former hosts of same).
Do you know of any fetus that has ever existed that was not much smaller than its host, dod not live in another animal, got food and protection from it, was dependent on its host to live, grow, and survive, and couldn't live independently of its host?
Nope. Sure can't dispute em.

"Parasites, unlike predators, are usually much smaller than their host. They reproduce at a faster rate than the host."

Because as we all know, human fetuses reproduce at a very fast rate...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#777862 Sep 7, 2014
I don't care where you pray.
I think the tough shit will be yours to swallow. Let's see how the future develops.
Indeed.

Atheists have been trying to remove Christianity for as long as Christianity has been around. What y'all are doing now ain't no different from what atheists did before you.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#777863 Sep 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
My story has always been straight, I've never said that God created everything, nor does He create everything still. Look to your left and to your right, do you see walls? Maybe windows? Did God create those or did man?
Now look into your pantry, do you see canned soup filled with sodium? Do you see Cheetos? Do you see Red Bulls, maybe Pepsi? Do you see manufactured cheese in your fridge? Look in your medicine cabinet, are there prescription drugs? Take a drink of that tapwater, did God create that nasty ass tapwater?
The answer is no. God didn't create any of those things listed above, humans did. We've created our own mess, our own diseases and our own cures. That's exactly what God wants us to do. Live and learn, investigate, become smarter - more intelligent.
Pure ol' misdirection.

So you're admitting that man can create life?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#777864 Sep 7, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I see history isn't you strong suit, Hitler was born, baptized and raised a Catholic. He thought he was doing the work of god in eliminating the Jew from the world.
Mussolini not a Catholic....ROTFLMAO He was baptized in childhood and again in 1927
How is it possible for someone to be born a Catholic? Were you born a Catholic? Were you baptized? We raised in a Christian home? Did you attend church? If so, then according to your logic, you are a Christian.

And I suppose it won't change your argument knowing that Hitler was going to try removing Christianity from Germany altogether, would it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#777865 Sep 7, 2014
<quoted text>
You've ignored this two or three times:
Stilgar Fifrawi: Chopping up posts to make them seem to be something they aren't is against Topix TOS.
IANS wrote: So, you're accusing me of an impropriety but not bothering to provide any supporting evidence. All right. If you think that's what I did, please demonstrate it. You'll need to print out the original (with a link to it) beside my edited down version (with link) and show us how you were misrepresented. Bare claims are worth bupkis. I can help you with the last part. This is what I quoted:"The only impossible god is God" http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... Then , when you're through showing how I injured you with this, if you think you have a valid case, please report me to Topix. If not, report yourself. Deal?
You might appreciate being alerted to the fact that I've developed a new posting habit. When I pose a difficult question to a theist that I consider likely to be ignored, I keep a record of it. I have about eight of them at any given time.
This practice affords me the opportunity to drag it back out and re-post it at times like these, or in the case of drive-by theists that leave a zinger and then flees, to re-post it upon their return. I've got one waiting for lightbeamrider and Viking, and two that I have been re-presenting to Kentucky and Ghost Writer lately.
You actually wanted me to answer that? Seriously?

I've already told you that I never said I was going to report you, I just reminded you that it was a violation. Don't be such a scaredy-cat.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#777866 Sep 7, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably have a predator whose presence you have not become aware of.
Cat, coyote, owl..........even a raccoon, or dog - anything that can get through, or over, or under, any perimeter barrier you may have.
And it sounds like you don't put your chickens inside a coop or whatever for the night. Given that you've now lost one, it is probably only a matter of time before you lose another. Some animal has now learned it can lunch at your house.
It's probably time to protect against that, and put the birds inside a safe habitat at night.
My family raised farm animals, including chickens. My childhood favorite was a particular black bantam hen who went missing one night..........
Thanks for the advice. We usually lock them up in the coop at night but sometimes forget. I won't anymore.

Aw bantams are the cutest little boogers. I'm thinking about getting a few, but not until I upgrade the coop with some flame throwing watchtowers.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#777867 Sep 7, 2014
I would say "and," not "then," and disagree. Yes, please help prevent unwanted pregnancies form coming to term. Do we really want people in this world whose mother's don't want them?
That's really not the message you want to put it out there. It just seems so wrong to me to let people be so careless and carefree with sex that they would willingly risk putting the child and the mother through the agonizing experience of an abortion. Of course it's terminal for the child, but unless the mother is a scumbag piece of shit crack head, it will haunt her for a long time, if not her whole life.

I think the better message to put out there is; "Please help prevent unwanted pregnancies by either having safe sex or no sex at all, you don't want the death of a child on your conscience".

Evolution is true.....

#777868 Sep 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if you should laugh or cry, that's completely up to you.
The reason why I laughed at you quoting Levitical law to Christians is something I've already told you time and time again. Old Testament law has been fulfilled by Jesus, those laws don't apply to Christians anymore.
So the Old Testament 'law' about homosexuality is no longer applicable?

Didn't Jesus (if he were real) say that all the laws still applied?

We can go out and kill our neighbor for planting corn and lettuce in the same field; or for trimming his beard wrong, or for the cloths he wears?

I just can't seem to keep these things in order....so much is contradictory.

How do you keep them all straight?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#777869 Sep 7, 2014
That's your argument, not mine.
No, it's not my argument is that a fetus is a parasite.
You never will, but you might as well give up this line of argumentation.
I know you would like that.
Many of us simply don't consider fetuses citizens with rights or even organisms with rights.
At the risk of taking a few steps back, I'll simply say that's because you are a bunch of egotistical assholes that don't care about anyone but yourself.
If you could have changed our minds with your pseudo-sentimental arguments, you would have by now.
Well I guess you would have to be sentimental for a sentimental argument to break through...
Bottom line: right now, nobody gets a ticket to the show if even their mothers don't want them attending, and I don't see that changing any time soon - or ever.
Really? Huh....

Now you say mother but for the entire day, everyone on your side of the argument has been calling her "host".

When you go to play bridge, do you ask your host if you can go?
And Christians are not the best choice of people to be arguing about moral issues.

Yeah, damn us meanies for respecting human life even when it's two cells.

This line of reasoning becomes very dangerous, shown by your atheist buddy just a page ago, arguing with nano, saying that a person in a coma isn't really a human. Is that what you really want to go with this? Is that what you really want people "learning"?

Humanists are supposed to respect all human life. Is it really that or is it only respecting the human life you deem worthy?
You've pretty much shot your wads in that department, and are generally thought of as being morally bankrupt.
You really don't need to have that kind of fuckedup attitude with me, dude.

I'm not the one promoting death, you guys are.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#777870 Sep 7, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
Pure ol' misdirection.
So you're admitting that man can create life?
No, man cannot create life. Did you even read my damn post?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#777871 Sep 7, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Old Testament 'law' about homosexuality is no longer applicable?
Didn't Jesus (if he were real) say that all the laws still applied?
We can go out and kill our neighbor for planting corn and lettuce in the same field; or for trimming his beard wrong, or for the cloths he wears?
I just can't seem to keep these things in order....so much is contradictory.
How do you keep them all straight?
Simple, I look at them with an open mind.

Sometimes I realize that what I thought all along was wrong and readjust my position. I don't think that's something you're either capable of or willing to do.

Evolution is true.....

#777872 Sep 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple, I look at them with an open mind.
Sometimes I realize that what I thought all along was wrong and readjust my position. I don't think that's something you're either capable of or willing to do.
Simple proof is all I need.....I would become a believer in a heartbeat.

Everywhere I look/have looked, there is no proof.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#777873 Sep 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down, dude.

Life goes on.

Take a deep breath and ask yourself whether your anger is worth it.

I'm here to help.

Evolution is true.....

#777874 Sep 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Fif, I did read your post.

Here is the relevant part:
"The answer is no. God didn't create any of those things listed above, humans did. We've created our own mess, our own diseases and our own cures. That's exactly what God wants us to do. Live and learn, investigate, become smarter - more intelligent."

You ARE saying here that we did create our own diseases. Things such as leprosy, polio, small-pox, cancers, etc., etc.

Those (and other) diseases are alive....did we create life?

Oh yeah, an afterthought. Doesn't the Bible in general say that man should not be interested in gaining knowledge of non-religious things? Very badly paraphrased I know, but perhaps you will get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#777875 Sep 7, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or not it was the 14th amendment they used in that ruling.
Yes it is human but...
It is not defined a human being the first 12 weeks.
"Before going further, we need to clarify and interpret some anti-choice language. First, anti-choicers often confuse the adjective "human" and the noun "human being," giving them the same meaning. I am struck by the question they often put to pro-choicers: "But isn't it human?" óas if we secretly think a fetus is really a creature from outer space. If you point out that a fetus consists of human tissue and DNA, anti-choicers triumphantly claim you just conceded it's a human being. Now, a flake of dandruff from my head is human, but it is not a human being, and in this sense, neither is a zygote. Anti-choicers will respond that a fertilized egg is not like dandruff, because the fertilized egg consists of a unique set of chromosomes that makes it a separate human being. But with cloning, a cell from my dandruff is enough to create a new human being. Although it would have my identical genetic make-up, it would still be a unique individual, because human beings are much more than our genes (I'll expand on this point later). Also, both a fertilized egg and a cloned cell represent a potential, not an actual human being. Itís a worn clichť, but it bears repeatingóan acorn isnít an oak tree and the egg you had for breakfast isnít a chicken. "
http://www.prochoiceactionnetwork-canada.org/...
You should choose better pro-abortion propaganda sites.

The argument in that one is really bad.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#777876 Sep 7, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll get better results pounding the table than pounding some common sense into your head.
I'm not calling you a liar; but you repeatedly engage in intentional misrepresentation.
In the law, we call it fraud.
I had a great workout this morning--time for some waffles.
You didn't help yourself any with the waffles.
Jake from State Farm

Alabaster, AL

#777877 Sep 7, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked who? Your sock drawer filled with the muppets of Al Luh Bam Muh!
You're just mad that I go beyond posting on this forum. I actually show it to others revealing what hateful people you atheists are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min His Eminency dr S... 611,867
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 21 min RiccardoFire 234
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 29 min RiccardoFire 3,532
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 56 min oxbow 584,333
I protect pedo priests 57 min Tony Abbott 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr His Eminency dr S... 40,153
Why are Mexicans trash? (Apr '10) 1 hr Candy2428 91
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Jac 98,990
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr HipGnosis 442,875
More from around the web