Prove there's a god.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#778014 Sep 8, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You're a f*king liar and a coward. You make drive-by accusations and run from them like a pussy. When you do that with me, it's never for free. You might want to think about that in the future.
Now please produce the evidence of your claim so that I can let this rest. It's not going away until you support your claim or confess your sin.
You guys are really warming up to each other.
Jewbacca

United States

#778015 Sep 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Cell phones should be reserved for teenagers of driving age or older.
Cell phones or smart phones?

Location hidden

#778016 Sep 8, 2014
<quoted text>
I am the host. I'm on the board, and I have keys.
<quoted text>
Who told you that? We don't necessarily respect fetuses. Nor human gall bladders, nor appendices, which are human and alive before excision.
Why don't you let us tell you what we believe.
How many gall bladders have been excised which were genetically distinct from the human being from which it was excised?

Kermit Gosnell went to prison. The jury found that he was not excising gall bladders.

He could have excised gall bladders and remained free for life.

Hippocratic Oath:

"I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art."
Jewbacca

United States

#778017 Sep 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
The great Eye, lidless, wreathed in flame?
That's how it's rendered.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#778018 Sep 8, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying.
The science says you are lying.
A human fetus is of the same species as the mother, homospecific. A parasite is heterospecific. A human fetus is produced by the mother herself, with the aid of a fertilizing cell, and is not an invading organism. The fetus is an evolutionary benefit, propelling the mother's genes to the next generation.
It is scientifically NOT a parasite. You latched on to a superficial definition in order to form an inaccurate conclusion.
What you are doing is the immoral act of degrading a human being in the womb to something like a tapeworm so you can feel better emotionally about claiming a right to kill it.
This is the exact technique Hitler and Mengele used for degrading the status of Jews and justifying eugenics and medical experimentation.
It is also the same rationilzation slaveholders used for enslaving black people.
You not only deny science when it suits you, you deny the rights of human beings of a classification you feel is expendable, and worthy of no rights.
Another in the long list of reasons atheists should not be allowed power and influence.
Your moral dishonesty is a flashing warning light.
Just using your own method of "word salad" to point out how you and RR argue over one stupid word to the "ad nauseam" stage. You don't like it. See how you just responded? You will argue a month over infinite or finite. RR over meteor/meteorite.

Now if I can just push all your buttons for the month of September, maybe I can be as irritating as you two in your arguments.
Jewbacca

United States

#778019 Sep 8, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed absolute certain knowledge that all gods are fiction.
Otherwise, you would have said "I believe all gods are fiction", or "I think all gods are fiction".
You said "are", not "believe".
That's a claim of certain knowledge.
You won't even stand behind your own claims.
You claimed absolute certain knowledge of what I would have said.

Otherwise, you would have said "I believe you would have said...", or "I think you would have said...".

You said "would have", not "believe".

That's how I know you're a liar.

Location hidden

#778020 Sep 8, 2014
<quoted text>
You aren't free to choose the definition for others. No definition that corresponds to any of the way that the word is actually used is more accurate than any other. If something meets any definition of a parasite, it´s a parasite.
Interesting.

Meeting "any definition" of parasite makes something a parasite.

Here is one definition of "doctor":

noun; "a cook, as at a camp or on a ship".

Another definition makes a fly a doctor, as it is used in fly fishing.

Since those meet one definition, we now know a fly and a cook are both doctors.

Wanna' bet I can't find a definition making a fetus an insect?

But a fetus is not an insect. it is also not a parasite.

What does this new rule do for your definition of atheism?

Remember, if you meet any definition for atheist, you are an atheist. Right?

Jewbacca

United States

#778021 Sep 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm starting to see that the ethics of atheism is more vile and deceitful than I had earlier known about.
We see it by the atheists right here on this thread, how they try to redefine words, try to rewrote history, rewrite biblical meaning and now trying to say that a human being is a parasite.
It's ugly and it's appalling.
Atheists can never again gain power.
You're a bigot, and a big idiot.
Jewbacca

United States

#778022 Sep 8, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no shortage of trees. There are 12 million more acres of forest today than there was 60 years ago. Thats only in North America.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforestation_in...

Location hidden

#778023 Sep 8, 2014
<quoted text>
She was obviously willing to carry him to term, which makes her situation irrelevant to women that aren't.
Incidentally, that's a great rebuttal to the argument for reproductive autonomy for women. How would the world have functioned had Ray's mother had aborted him?
Enter, a new abortion weasel - word..."reproductive autonomy".

You guys have a million such diversions.

Anyways, you changed the subject.

The question you posed was whether we want people in the world who are not wanted by their mother.

The obvious answer is yes, we do.

How would the world have functioned had Ray's mother aborted him?

Just fine.

It would also function fine if someone murdered you.

Another diversion.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#778024 Sep 8, 2014
Jewbacca

United States

#778025 Sep 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?
See: Stalin for one great example of the bad things that can happen when atheists gain power.
No, that's an example of the bad things that can happen when a man gains power.

Clearly, women should be in charge of things.

I used to work for a really nice woman, Ann Solo. Then she died, and her son took over the business. The deadbeat couldn't stay out of debt, and was always getting into trouble with you know who.

Location hidden

#778026 Sep 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Secular humanists not only have ethics, they are superior to Christian ethics. We believe in tolerance, but that does not mean that you can hit us in the cheek and expect our other cheek. If you fk with the bull, you should expect the horn.
http://divedesk.com/blog/09/bullhorn.jpg
I don't have any more faith in humanists being loyal to their stated ethics than I do for Christians being loyal to theirs.

Less, actually.

People are generally untrustworthy. The ones I trust I can count on one hand.

I find that people are motivated largely by resentment. It is an unspoken motivator, but present in nearly every endeavor.
Jewbacca

United States

#778027 Sep 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
My story has always been straight, I've never said that God created everything, nor does He create everything still. Look to your left and to your right, do you see walls? Maybe windows? Did God create those or did man?
Now look into your pantry, do you see canned soup filled with sodium? Do you see Cheetos? Do you see Red Bulls, maybe Pepsi? Do you see manufactured cheese in your fridge? Look in your medicine cabinet, are there prescription drugs? Take a drink of that tapwater, did God create that nasty ass tapwater?
The answer is no. God didn't create any of those things listed above, humans did. We've created our own mess, our own diseases and our own cures. That's exactly what God wants us to do. Live and learn, investigate, become smarter - more intelligent.
Your god is indistinguishable from nonexistent.

Location hidden

#778028 Sep 8, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were blowing the Marlboro man. [email protected]!
You have to admit he's an enticing guy.

http://charlie-sunshine.blogspot.com/2012/02/...

Location hidden

#778029 Sep 8, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just using your own method of "word salad" to point out how you and RR argue over one stupid word to the "ad nauseam" stage. You don't like it. See how you just responded? You will argue a month over infinite or finite. RR over meteor/meteorite.
Now if I can just push all your buttons for the month of September, maybe I can be as irritating as you two in your arguments.
You have not noticed the counter-arguments?

The difference is RR and Buck are arguing from a position of fact and logic.

There are two sides. Your criticism is for one side.

There, I just did it again.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#778030 Sep 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Then the individual acts will go to hell, not the actors. Why should gays care?
I know of at least 1 that doesn't care.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#778031 Sep 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Your mother was the host. You're just a POS parasite that doesn't deserve life.
That's what the atheists are claiming today, ain't it?
Are they, RR? I thought it was u who said it.
Jewbacca

United States

#778032 Sep 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
Atheists have been trying to remove Christianity for as long as Christianity has been around. What y'all are doing now ain't no different from what atheists did before you.
There's some truth to that. What we are doing now has been done before. It predates Christianity for that matter.

The difference is the environment. We've got a secular government and the Internet to give us a safe platform to do what we do.

Christianity cannot hope to compete in this new environment.

The force is with us.

Location hidden

#778033 Sep 8, 2014
Jewbacca wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed absolute certain knowledge of what I would have said.
Otherwise, you would have said "I believe you would have said...", or "I think you would have said...".
You said "would have", not "believe".
That's how I know you're a liar.
You are confused.

There are some areas wherein certain knowledge is possible.

Existence of gods is not one of them.

Hope this is helpful to you, ChewTobacco.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min lightbeamrider 30,459
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 min lil whispers 3,563
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 6 min Paul is dead sinc... 3,707
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min WildWeirdWillie 181,971
Play "end of the word" part 2 19 min Athena18 1,480
Ihaveagod.com - Christian Network - Connecting ... 47 min israel96 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Rosesz 638,120
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Memorial Day Sock 617,994
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 hr RiccardoFire 43,941
More from around the web