Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#778207 Sep 8, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the tumor cells have her DNA, or that of another human?
Do you think these kind of simpleton diversions are an argument for your position?
They are not.
They amount to hand-waving.
Her descendants are looking to be supported by her patented cancer cells.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeLa" ;

Scary shyt.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#778209 Sep 8, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
A fetus is what it is, whether you call it a parasite or not.
Do you think anyone is fooled by your insistence on calling it a parasite?
Obviously, it is not motivated by a desire to be accurate. If it were so, you would say that a fetus has some similarities to parasites, but it not a parasite. It also has similarities to a fish, but that doesn't make it a fish.
No, the agenda is clear. You want the connotation which is carried by the name "parasite".
It's your desire to dehumanize the unborn.
This is a common pro-abortion tactic. It is of a kind with the calling of the unborn child a "pregnancy"; a "tissue mass"; or "products of conception".
I know your kind like I know the back of my hand.
You would have been right at home as an administrator of the extermination camps, Vernichtungslager, in Auschwitz, Dachau, Flossenberg. You are too much of a coward to be with the troops lighting the ovens.
You would be behind the scenes, assigning the victims to the various death sites.
Poor Buck.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#778210 Sep 8, 2014
Jewbacca wrote:
<quoted text>
Your position is clear, you just haven't explained it.
If making a cake is creation, why is procreation not?
Making a cake is creation?
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#778211 Sep 8, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken.
I'm not after your attention.
I'm proving you a liar and a fool.
Well, it certainly looks like I got your attention, Buck.

All you've proven thus far is your own fatuousness.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#778212 Sep 8, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just using your own method of "word salad" to point out how you and RR argue over one stupid word to the "ad nauseam" stage. You don't like it. See how you just responded? You will argue a month over infinite or finite. RR over meteor/meteorite.
Now if I can just push all your buttons for the month of September, maybe I can be as irritating as you two in your arguments.
Ain't it a chuckle, Sweets?

lol

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#778213 Sep 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I'm starting to see that the ethics of atheism is ...
There is no ethics of atheism. Atheism is the absence of theism, and an atheist is anybody that is not a theist. Anything else that is true about an atheist is in addition to his or her atheism, and not essential to it. An atheist can be a secular humanist, a Stalinist, or an astrologer - all are consistent with no god beliefs.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I'm starting to see that the ethics of atheism is more vile and deceitful than I had earlier known about.
Christianity is a failed ethical system. I don't take moral advice from Christians any more than I take their opinions about science. Christianity teaches defective versions of good, true, right, loving, merciful, and spiritual.

Who is more deceitful than a theist? You begin with a self-deception, then proceed to defend it with more self-deception (confirmation bias), and repeating the untruth to your children and anybody else that will listen. Look at Joyful. She claims to be kind, smart, and a victim of the men that abandoned her and of the Topix posters that return her verbal abuse. You claim that the church doesn't inculcate the faithful with homophobia and that it is generous to the needy.

Fennario

#778214 Sep 8, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
The question you posed was whether we want people in the world who are not wanted by their mother. The obvious answer is yes, we do.
That's not my answer.
Jewbacca

United States

#778215 Sep 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Making a cake is creation?
You tell me.

Can man create anything?

If procreation is not the creation of new life, how can anything we transform and/or assemble be considered a creation?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#778216 Sep 8, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>lol, He's competing for the position of Most Highly Debased Fellator of Hell. He probably belongs to that cult that believes if you commit suicide while masturbating you'll get preferential treatment from Satan, prolly sucking off Pazuzu. To them souls of the innocent and unborn are the most highly prized as offerings to hell and those who offer the most expect status in hell. "Flipping" Christians away from believing likely has an orgasmic effect on freaks like him.
You have to admit that there are some really demented people on Topix and that idiot doesn't have a problem with using a crude sophistry , the ploy of circular reasoning, to convert the naive to his own way of thinking. Deception is his middle name. Who knows what warped cult he really follows. I doubt it's anything as benign as simply "not believing". None of the atheists I know are as obsessed as these nuts. They care nothing for real logic or rational reasoning. Their claim of a fetus not even being human proves that. I've linked that Berkeley article three times now and they either ignore it or try to argue with the evidence that an individual's life begins when the DNA recombines, i.e., at conception.
So much for their ability to "debate" anything. Their indoctrination does not allow for deviating from the script they have been given, regardless of how ignorant it sounds.
Yeah I've noticed there's not a whole lot of debate going on in here. It takes all the fun away.

And I agree, I've never seen atheists as obsessed over God and Christianity like these atheists are. I guarantee you that a few of them have Topix folders in their computer dedicated to this argument or that argument, or a particular poster. That's why you'll see such a large post from them from time to time, usually the same stuff they've already spit out before.

Their claim of a fetus being nothing more than a parasite and the mother being nothing more than a host just goes to show you how much morality they really don't have.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#778217 Sep 8, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
<sniffle> <blows nose loudly>
So young, so young. How could this possibly happen?
Do you actually think anyone gives a shyt?
He looks a lot like Uncle Fester, which is something, I guess...
Well sure, some people give a shit. His story is the perfect American Dream story. Literally from rags to riches with nothing more than an idea.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#778219 Sep 8, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
So, who drove you home from the bad 2nd date, Stilgar?
Some guy named Jim.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#778220 Sep 8, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even nonmalignant tumors. Remember the woman with the 200 lb tumor? I guess she should have named it and gotten it a SS number. She could have claimed it as a dependent on her taxes. It was bigger than she was.
One of my dogs is undergoing surgery right now for a tumor on her right shoulder/flank area.

When we took her in last month for diagnosis it was conspicuous, but not huge. Three weeks later, today, its grown by another 3 lbs or so. It looks like she swallowed a soccer ball.

But at least, it's benign.

Fennario

#778221 Sep 8, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
People are generally untrustworthy. The ones I trust I can count on one hand. I find that people are motivated largely by resentment. It is an unspoken motivator, but present in nearly every endeavor.
My experience of life is very different from yours. This is Maslow's hierarchy of needs

[1] Physiological needs - air, water, food, sex, sleep, clothing, and shelter.

[2] Safety and security needs - personal security, financial security, health and well-being, and a safety net against accidents/illness and their adverse impacts

[3] Love and belonging - friendship, intimacy, family, and community

[4] Esteem - the need to be accepted and valued by others, and the need to have self-esteem, and self-respect.

[5] Self-actualization - the full realization of individual potential, morality, creativity, wisdom, and pursuit of truth and justice.

These are the things that Maslow thought motivated people. In interpersonal relationships,[3],[4] and if you reach a state approaching self-perfection,[5] are the motivators. If resentment is a chief motivator for you, something has gone wrong. And if you see resentment as the chief motivator in others, I'd say that you're projecting. I don't see it except in a handful of people, including one regular female theist poster on these threads.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#778222 Sep 8, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that. Species go extinct also. There are many species of bird that only lived in the old growth forests. The Ivory Billed Woodpecker is one. The Pileated Woodpecker is close, but not quite as large and robust as the Ivory Billed.
They have done so much pulp wooding around here this year, that our family of Pileated haven't been heard or seen this year.
Fortunately, the Ivory-Billed has been sighted, and verified to still exist, although still in peril. I remembered reading about its rediscovery just a couple of years ago.

http://www.arkansas.com/outdoors/birding/bird...

Pileated is a great Scrabble word, BTW!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#778223 Sep 8, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
There is no ethics of atheism.
Sure there are, one of them is called "enlightened self-interest". A sad state of affairs, to be sure. But I'm just a lowly faith based thinker, don't listen to me, listen to your fellow atheists:

http://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/et...
Atheism is the absence of theism, and an atheist is anybody that is not a theist.
So what? It could be an absence of theism, an absence of apple trees or an absence of big toenails. None of that would define it as not having any ethics.
Anything else that is true about an atheist is in addition to his or her atheism, and not essential to it. An atheist can be a secular humanist, a Stalinist, or an astrologer - all are consistent with no god beliefs.
By that crazy definition, a turd is an atheist.
Christianity is a failed ethical system.

Really? This coming from a guy calling a human child a parasite?
I don't take moral advice from Christians any more than I take their opinions about science.

Of course, that's what bigots do.
Christianity teaches defective versions of good, true, right, loving, merciful, and spiritual.
Who is more deceitful than a theist? You begin with a self-deception, then proceed to defend it with more self-deception (confirmation bias), and repeating the untruth to your children and anybody else that will listen. Look at Joyful. She claims to be kind, smart, and a victim of the men that abandoned her and of the Topix posters that return her verbal abuse.

Jabberwocky. You could've just said thatÂ…
You claim that the church doesn't inculcate the faithful with homophobia and that it is generous to the needy.
That's because Christianity doesn't teach homophobia, and it IS generous to the needy.

I'm glad we finally agree.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#778224 Sep 8, 2014
Jewbacca wrote:
You tell me.
Can man create anything?
If procreation is not the creation of new life, how can anything we transform and/or assemble be considered a creation?
What, do you think the mother and/or father of the baby get inside the uterus and actually assemble it and/or transform it?

Your line of questioning is getting a little topsy-turvy, Chewy.

You cannot escape the fact that men and women do not create babies, we reproduce them. After the man ejaculates his sperm into the vaginal canal, it becomes autonomic.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#778225 Sep 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Some guy named Jim.
Please accept my condolences for screwing up your life once again, Redneck.

That's one thing you're good at.

As I've said before, you're unable to learn or to change your ways.

And you're paying the price.

Oh, well, you still have Buck.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#778226 Sep 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I smell more humanist morals.
So in the past 24 hours or so, human fetuses have been reduced to parasites, property, gall bladders, appendices and now a cancerous tumor.
Just......wow.
What would you call a parasitic twin?

Or fetus-in-situ?

http://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-complication...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetus_in_fetu

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#778228 Sep 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
*ahem*
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Know what perish means?
For god so loved the world that he created Ebola, Streptococcus, Malaria, Typhoid, C. Difficile, Cholera, Tuberculosis, etc..

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#778229 Sep 8, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Just so happens that mustached man was a Christian hating atheist.
Your point being?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Trump Whines 46,035
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min onemale 286,686
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min Michael 691,959
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr trumpthedotard 6,692
"Can I have a minute..I wanna flee...?!.uh writ... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 4 hr Edthirty 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Dec 2017 News 619,839
More from around the web