Prove there's a god.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#777964 Sep 7, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> He like nails .
Yeah. The perfect and perfectly compassionate deity demands a perfectly perfect amount of blood, guts and pain to be in a perfectly forgiving mood of perfection.

It is a perfect deity. It must be placated, and only by what satisfies its perfectly compassionate and perfect sensibilities. Torture, nails, blood, pain, suffering and death are its perfectly reasonable demand.

It' isn't human, after all, and can't forgive with no retribution or a "price" being paid. It decided it could only be satisfied with a sacrifice of itself to itself.

It missed a grand opportunity back during the Noachian deluge. It could have had all of the above, and then just drowned itself in a mini flood somewhere in a deep hole.

I guess that was too perfect.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#777965 Sep 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
When you go to play bridge, do you ask your host if you can go?
I am the host. I'm on the board, and I have keys.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Humanists are supposed to respect all human life.
Who told you that? We don't necessarily respect fetuses. Nor human gall bladders, nor appendices, which are human and alive before excision.

Why don't you let us tell you what we believe.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#777966 Sep 7, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's up to them, not you. Most of them are still reciting Old Testament law, ofter while wagging their fingers at somebody else. They tell me that those laws should be hanging in schoolrooms and courthouses, and that I would be wise to heed them. Those people would tell you that you are going to hell for your heresy. Let no man change one word!
NO JOT OR TITTLE! NO JOT OR TITTLE! NO JOT OR TITTLE! NO JOT OR TITTLE!

...?!

ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!.... wait, never mind. Eye got carried away.

<holds up bic lighter and slowly sways>

Fennario

#777967 Sep 7, 2014
Jake from State Farm wrote:
The common atheist thinks he/she can argue and question their way out of the judgement they will have to go through by God.
I judge your religion and its petty, vengeful, violent, vindictive, sadistic, bloodthirsty, genocidal, infanticidal, narcissistic, misogynistic, homophobic, filicidal, pestilential, petulant, slavery condoning, rape condoning, megalomaniacal, insecure, needy, capricious, lying, panty-sniffing, bully god, and there isn't a damned thing you (or it) can do about it apart from showering the thread with empty threats of hell after death. This is the same god that people like you claim throws tsunamis and hurricanes at us in anger, but at the same time supposedly lets people like me blaspheme it at will. Your church is slated for irrelevance, and your god will lead the way.

Fennario

#777968 Sep 7, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
Go away you evil person. I will not talk/answer people like you.
We aren't all needed for that. I will be happy to answer him. Somebody should let these Christians know that they don't run the show any more. It's been a debate since the time that we first got a voice until, and it will be until they lose theirs.

Fennario

#777969 Sep 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
You are relying on a superficial general definition when a more accurate definition proves you wrong.
You aren't free to choose the definition for others. No definition that corresponds to any of the way that the word is actually used is more accurate than any other. If something meets any definition of a parasite, it´s a parasite. http://snipurl.com /298g5pz : "Parasite - an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense." That includes fetuses, tapeworms, and Joyful, all of which derive nutrients at their hosts' expense.

Fennario

#777970 Sep 7, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
they are called the Old and the New Testaments. When a new testament is made the old one is automatically revoked
That's how we know your god isn't perfect. Perfection doesn't need to adapt.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#777971 Sep 7, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah. The perfect and perfectly compassionate deity demands a perfectly perfect amount of blood, guts and pain to be in a perfectly forgiving mood of perfection.
It is a perfect deity. It must be placated, and only by what satisfies its perfectly compassionate and perfect sensibilities. Torture, nails, blood, pain, suffering and death are its perfectly reasonable demand.
It' isn't human, after all, and can't forgive with no retribution or a "price" being paid. It decided it could only be satisfied with a sacrifice of itself to itself.
It missed a grand opportunity back during the Noachian deluge. It could have had all of the above, and then just drowned itself in a mini flood somewhere in a deep hole.
I guess that was too perfect.
Suicide was the only forgiveness it could find , for screwing it's creation up badly..lol

Fennario

#777972 Sep 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Jesus said that he fulfilled the law.
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."
Laws can't be fulfilled just like apples can't be emancipated or educated. It's a category error. Only certain verbs can apply to laws or apples. Apples can be polished, eaten, or refrigerated, for example, but cannot be emancipated or educated. It's a category error.

Likewise, laws can be written, amended, obeyed, broken, or rescinded, for example, but not fulfilled. Nor can laws can't be squared, invested, broiled, vacuumed, elongated, hospitalized, or evaporated. Nor can they be fulfilled. Jibba-jabba.

Only certain verbs can apply to laws or apples. Laws can be written, amended, obeyed, broken, or rescinded, for example. But most other verbs don't apply. Laws can't be squared, invested, broiled, vacuumed, elongated, hospitalized, or evaporated. Nor can they be fulfilled.

Jibba jabba.

Fennario

#777973 Sep 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Hitler hated christianity
So do most non.Christians. Do you fault us for that? Look at what Christianity is:

[1] Christian misanthropy (man is an inherently sick and defective thing that does mostly harm
[2] Christian antiscientism (don't believe or trust scientists)
[3] Christian anti-intellectualism (the wise are fools)
[4] Christian misogyny (the war on reproductive freedom)
[5] Christian atheophobia (unbelievers are morally unfit and infested with demons)
[6] Christian homophobia (gay people are an abomination to the god, and so should be persecuted)
[7] Christian infantilizing (self-actualization is arrogant pride, magical thinking is appropriate, submission and obedience are virtues)
[8] Christian sexual guilt (shame on you for having reproductive instincts!)
[9] Christian psychological terrorism (threats of eternal torture beginning in childhood)
[10] Christian alienation ("the world" is bad, you don't belong there)
[11] Christian love (blood sacrifice, damnation, scapegoating)
[12] Christian easy self-forgiveness
[13] Christian anhedonia (pleasure is bad)
[14] Christian slave ethics (be meek, submit)
[15] Christian exceptionalism (the sense of self-goodness and other-badness that assumes that when A Christian says Merry Christmas, it’s an act of good cheer, but when a non-Christian says Happy Holidays, he’s a demon waging war on Christmas .)
[16] The revenge and punishment model (the disobedient deserve to suffer even if to no benefit, as in hell)
[17] Christian self-victimhood (the most persecuted majority ever)
[18] Christian xenophobia and tribalism [Deut 18:9-14:“When you enter the land which the LORD your God gives you, you shall not learn to imitate the detestable things of those nations.”]
[19] Cheap self-forgiveness (available on demand)
[20] Christian bodily self-loathing/self-alienation - the concept that a soul is a prisoner in an inferior vessel that it struggles to resist until it can be free of it.
[21] Christian ingratitude (when somebody does you a favor, you thank your god for sending them) http://i.imgur.com/xeMH9oP.jpg

What part of that do you like?

Fennario

#777974 Sep 7, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Ray Liotta's mother gave him away, and he went on to a productive life. And countless others.
She was obviously willing to carry him to term, which makes her situation irrelevant to women that aren't.

Incidentally, that's a great rebuttal to the argument for reproductive autonomy for women. How would the world have functioned had Ray's mother had aborted him?

Fennario

#777975 Sep 7, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
More sweeping, ignorant statements, without any basis or proof.
Thanks for your concern, but I'm a Topix veteran. I'm used ot it.

Fennario

#777976 Sep 7, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
This does not mean that there are no bad Christians or any good atheists, the difference is that one has clear rules of behaviour while the other doesn't have any.
Secular humanists not only have ethics, they are superior to Christian ethics. We believe in tolerance, but that does not mean that you can hit us in the cheek and expect our other cheek. If you fk with the bull, you should expect the horn.
http://divedesk.com/blog/09/bullhorn.jpg

Fennario

#777977 Sep 7, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
A married bachelor is not an impossibility, in fact they are very common. It is a married man who goes with another woman and tells her that he is a bachelor. So he is a married man to one woman and a bachelor to another at the same time.
"with God all things are possible.”

You'll have to excuse me if I reject all faith based thought.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#777978 Sep 7, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Stilgar guaranteed that all heathens would not suffer in hell; we will simply die and never attain access to heaven. Now you come along preaching eternal punishment AND the separation from god. With all due respect, which one of you is full of shit?
Jake...

...from State Farm.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#777979 Sep 7, 2014
<quoted text>
With all due respect , you know the answer to that question.
Christ would not have died on a cross if we were to just die. He (God) knows the afterlife consists of either a Hell or Heaven, and the Hell is what He died for so that we could avoid it, and He also did it so that we could go to Heaven......it's not just to avoid Hell. Do you think He would go through all of this if we were to just die? And go nowhere?
You know I'm right. Quit acting silly.
*ahem*

John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Know what perish means?

Fennario

#777980 Sep 7, 2014
With all due respect , you know the answer to that question.
You have no respect for most things worth respecting.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#777981 Sep 7, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
We will call,. it Stilgar
Thatpostmadenofuckingsense.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#777982 Sep 7, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
The ten commandments still hold and were never taken away. The other requirements like stoning and condemnations were taken away. Jesus even saved a woman from being stoned.
Correct.

Atheists and theists alike would be wise to investigate the three different types of Biblical Laws.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#777983 Sep 7, 2014
Anon wrote:
Silly? You think I'm acting silly?
No. You're fabulous!!!

Thilly and shiny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min here 48,631
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 min USA-1 38,753
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Rosesz 646,595
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min Lbj 105,596
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 13 min WasteWater 2,051
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min X Pendable 182,649
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 32 min Ann Bonney 53,817
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr Steve III 44,682
More from around the web