Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#777870 Sep 7, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
Pure ol' misdirection.
So you're admitting that man can create life?
No, man cannot create life. Did you even read my damn post?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#777871 Sep 7, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Old Testament 'law' about homosexuality is no longer applicable?
Didn't Jesus (if he were real) say that all the laws still applied?
We can go out and kill our neighbor for planting corn and lettuce in the same field; or for trimming his beard wrong, or for the cloths he wears?
I just can't seem to keep these things in order....so much is contradictory.
How do you keep them all straight?
Simple, I look at them with an open mind.

Sometimes I realize that what I thought all along was wrong and readjust my position. I don't think that's something you're either capable of or willing to do.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#777872 Sep 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I realize that what I thought all along was wrong and readjust my position. I don't think that's something you're either capable of or willing to do.
Simple proof is all I need.....I would become a believer in a heartbeat.

Everywhere I look/have looked, there is no proof.

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#777873 Sep 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down, dude.

Life goes on.

Take a deep breath and ask yourself whether your anger is worth it.

I'm here to help.

Evolution is true.....

#777874 Sep 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Fif, I did read your post.

Here is the relevant part:
"The answer is no. God didn't create any of those things listed above, humans did. We've created our own mess, our own diseases and our own cures. That's exactly what God wants us to do. Live and learn, investigate, become smarter - more intelligent."

You ARE saying here that we did create our own diseases. Things such as leprosy, polio, small-pox, cancers, etc., etc.

Those (and other) diseases are alive....did we create life?

Oh yeah, an afterthought. Doesn't the Bible in general say that man should not be interested in gaining knowledge of non-religious things? Very badly paraphrased I know, but perhaps you will get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#777875 Sep 7, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or not it was the 14th amendment they used in that ruling.
Yes it is human but...
It is not defined a human being the first 12 weeks.
"Before going further, we need to clarify and interpret some anti-choice language. First, anti-choicers often confuse the adjective "human" and the noun "human being," giving them the same meaning. I am struck by the question they often put to pro-choicers: "But isn't it human?" —as if we secretly think a fetus is really a creature from outer space. If you point out that a fetus consists of human tissue and DNA, anti-choicers triumphantly claim you just conceded it's a human being. Now, a flake of dandruff from my head is human, but it is not a human being, and in this sense, neither is a zygote. Anti-choicers will respond that a fertilized egg is not like dandruff, because the fertilized egg consists of a unique set of chromosomes that makes it a separate human being. But with cloning, a cell from my dandruff is enough to create a new human being. Although it would have my identical genetic make-up, it would still be a unique individual, because human beings are much more than our genes (I'll expand on this point later). Also, both a fertilized egg and a cloned cell represent a potential, not an actual human being. It’s a worn cliché, but it bears repeating—an acorn isn’t an oak tree and the egg you had for breakfast isn’t a chicken. "
http://www.prochoiceactionnetwork-canada.org/...
You should choose better pro-abortion propaganda sites.

The argument in that one is really bad.

Location hidden

#777876 Sep 7, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll get better results pounding the table than pounding some common sense into your head.
I'm not calling you a liar; but you repeatedly engage in intentional misrepresentation.
In the law, we call it fraud.
I had a great workout this morning--time for some waffles.
You didn't help yourself any with the waffles.
Jake from State Farm

Alabaster, AL

#777877 Sep 7, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked who? Your sock drawer filled with the muppets of Al Luh Bam Muh!
You're just mad that I go beyond posting on this forum. I actually show it to others revealing what hateful people you atheists are.

Location hidden

#777878 Sep 7, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad someone understands what I'm saying when I said that fetuses are, technically, parasites. That doesn't in any way diminish humans, or fetuses; it's simply a very unemotional, detached view of looking at them.
Sorry to hear about your foot and upcoming surgery. I hope your surgery goes well, and that you have a speedy recovery.
Fetuses are, technically, not parasites.

You are persisting in a lie.

If that's your thing, go ahead.
Jake from State Farm

Alabaster, AL

#777879 Sep 7, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple proof is all I need.....I would become a believer in a heartbeat.
Everywhere I look/have looked, there is no proof.
So, as a coward, you want an unfair advantage over the courageous Christians of the past, present, and future who trusted and believed in the invisible God, trusting the Spirit and answering to the tug of the call of the Spirit?
You do realize that the Spirit is what you are fighting against and rejecting , don't you? I know you know. You just want to live a filthy satan-induced life of wickedness and evil deeds.

BTW, you wouldn't become a believer if you had your unneccessary proof. You are intrinsically evil because you are a satanbot. We know that you know that God exists, just like your demons know that God exists.

Stop lying. We see right through your filthy agenda, you worried and anxious liar.
Cheetah

Sliema, Malta

#777880 Sep 7, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I see history isn't you strong suit, Hitler was born, baptized and raised a Catholic. He thought he was doing the work of god in eliminating the Jew from the world.
Mussolini not a Catholic....ROTFLMAO He was baptized in childhood and again in 1927
Being baptized or raised in a religion in childhood doesn't mean anything. Many atheists, including some here, were raised so. Hitler abandoned the Catholic religion when he was still in his teens and gradually grew to hate Christianity. This is well documented, so I don't see why you atheists keep insisting and denying the obvious to suit your dishonest agenda.
The Jewish question had nothing to do with religion, Hitler considered them as an inferior race, same as he did with gypsies and to a lesser extent Poles even though these were Christians, which proves your argument false.
Hitler's ideology was not based on religion but on race, and thus completely materialistic and atheist.
Jake from State Farm

Alabaster, AL

#777881 Sep 7, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
The common atheist thinks he/she can argue and question their way out of the judgement they will have to go through by God. They think if they can ask enough questions about God's reasoning that it somehow nullifies God's reasoning.

Atheists are such stupid people for thinking that way.

Their questioning is just a dodging tactic they use that gives them temporary pacifying reasoning that they can avoid Judgement and their impending eternal punishment and separation from God.

Knowing the truth makes it so easy to see right through their defective lives.

Evolution is true.....

#777882 Sep 7, 2014
Jake from State Farm wrote:
<quoted text>
So, as a coward, you want an unfair advantage over the courageous Christians of the past, present, and future who trusted and believed in the invisible God, trusting the Spirit and answering to the tug of the call of the Spirit?
You do realize that the Spirit is what you are fighting against and rejecting , don't you? I know you know. You just want to live a filthy satan-induced life of wickedness and evil deeds.
BTW, you wouldn't become a believer if you had your unneccessary proof. You are intrinsically evil because you are a satanbot. We know that you know that God exists, just like your demons know that God exists.
Stop lying. We see right through your filthy agenda, you worried and anxious liar.
Go away you evil person. I will not talk/answer people like you.
Jake from State Farm

Alabaster, AL

#777883 Sep 7, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
Being baptized or raised in a religion in childhood doesn't mean anything. Many atheists, including some here, were raised so. Hitler abandoned the Catholic religion when he was still in his teens and gradually grew to hate Christianity. This is well documented, so I don't see why you atheists keep insisting and denying the obvious to suit your dishonest agenda.
The Jewish question had nothing to do with religion, Hitler considered them as an inferior race, same as he did with gypsies and to a lesser extent Poles even though these were Christians, which proves your argument false.
Hitler's ideology was not based on religion but on race, and thus completely materialistic and atheist.
Bingo. You just debunked that atheist! Keep up the good work.

Location hidden

#777884 Sep 7, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
It fits the description quite well.
"An organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense."
None of that is untrue.
When it presents as eccysis, do you think that is beneficial to its host?
You are relying on a superficial general definition when a more accurate definition proves you wrong.

Your persistence in this proves you are fundamentally a dishonest person.

Encyclopedia Britannica
"relationship between two species of plants or animals in which one benefits at the expense of the other, sometimes without killing it. Parasitism is differentiated from parasitoidism, a relationship in which the host is always killed by the parasite;"

Online Medical Dictionary:(emphasis added)
"parasitism
A type of symbiosis where two (or more) organisms from different species live in close proximity to one another, in which one member depends on another for its nutrients, protection, and/or other life functions. The dependent member (the parasite) benefits from the relationship while the other one (the host) is harmed by it."

U of Penn Vet School:
"Parasitism
The term parasitism may be defined as a two-species association in which one species, the parasite, lives on or in a second species, the host, for a significant period of its life and obtains nourishment from it. This is a commonly accepted working definition of parasitism and using it we can emphasize several important features of the host-parasite relationship. Parasitism always involves two species, the parasite and the host."

U of MN:
"A Parasite is by definition any organism which lives on or in the body of another organism of a different species (i.e., the host). This definition allows the name 'parasite' to be attached to many living species, including bacteria, fungi and viruses."

Aberystwyth University, Wales:
"Parasitism is, like most other animal associations defined in terms of two different species, who form a regular association, although this seems sensible, and it does exclude consideration of the mammalian foetus as being parasitic upon its mother, there are some very interesting immunological parallels between the mechanisms the foetus uses to avoid being rejected by the immune response of its mother and the ways in which the parasites of mammals seek to avoid their hosts immune response."

General Parasitology textbook:
"A parasite is defined as an organism of one species living in or on an organism of another species (a hetero specific relationship) and deriving its nourishment from the host (is metabolically dependent on the host)."

Cheng, T.C., General Parasitology, p. 7

Location hidden

#777885 Sep 7, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"Atheists can never again gain power."
When did we ever gain power?
We gained a few new members, that's all.
Stalin, Pol Pott, Mao, etc.

Surprised it slipped your mind.

Cheetah

Sliema, Malta

#777886 Sep 7, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
We can go out and kill our neighbor for planting corn and lettuce in the same field; or for trimming his beard wrong, or for the cloths he wears?
You are obviously confused through ignorance. That is why they are called the Old and the New Testaments. When a new testament is made the old one is automatically revoked, just ask any lawyer. Also like when a new law supersedes and replaces an old one, due to changing circumstances and other reasons.
I could explain to you the difference between the New and Old Testaments in detail, but this won't be of any value to you.

Location hidden

#777887 Sep 7, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
cancer cells ve the same DNA as the person whose body they are in. Shall we consider them human?
Yes. They are human cancer cells.

Hope this is helpful.
Jake from State Farm

Alabaster, AL

#777888 Sep 7, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was real and is still real and alive. Until you take out "if he were real" in your post above, you'll continue to be considered a satanbotic closed-minded idiot by anyone who can legitimately answer your calculated, deceptive, and diversionary questions.

Hopefully the answer to your question will be read by someone who honestly (and with an open mind) seeks the answers.

Location hidden

#777889 Sep 7, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/2203...
A parasite is an organism that lives in another organism, called the host, and often harms it. It is dependent on its host for survival - it has to be in the host to live, grow and multiply. A parasite cannot live independently. Although a parasite rarely kills the host, in some cases it can happen. The parasite benefits at the expense of the host - the parasite uses the host to gain strength, and the host loses some strength as a result.
Parasites, unlike predators, are usually much smaller than their host. They reproduce at a faster rate than the host.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/par...
an animal or plant that lives in or on another animal or plant and gets food or protection from it
http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Para...
An organism that obtains nourishment and shelter on another organism.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/...
An organism which lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other’s expense:
----------
And so forth and so on.
Are there other definitions? Of course.
But what part of the above definitions of "parasite" can you legitimately dispute?
You can't honestly dispute the ones I've provided any more than I can dispute the one you've provided.
A fetus can be demonstrated to be a parasite, both by way of commonly accepted definitions of the word "parasite", and anecdotally (Curiouslu and Sweets 2360, former hosts of same).
Do you know of any fetus that has ever existed that was not much smaller than its host, dod not live in another animal, got food and protection from it, was dependent on its host to live, grow, and survive, and couldn't live independently of its host?
A parasite is of a different species than the host, and is an invader of the host.

A fetus is neither.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Happy Lesbo 55,977
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Rider on the Storm 182,936
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min old school 650,047
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min Student 44,935
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 51 min Steve III 433
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 1 hr vanhalen 41
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr vanhalen 36
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web