Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#776803 Sep 5, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
What your argument is helping me understand how faith affects minds. Muddying clear thinking is the stock-in-trade of faith based thought. We have seen it in many forms in this thread.

Keep telling yourself that. Do whatever you gotta do to stay away from any topic or point, just keep calling us dumb. That'll work.
Does Zeus exist? I'm referring to the chief god of the Greeks.
Oh. Thanks for making it clear.

Wouldn't want anyone to think you're referring to Zeus, the bartender.
If we subject this question to your rules - the freedom to change the definition of Zeus in any way we choose, and without specifying the new definition - it becomes meaningless.
What?! I'm. It the one saying we have the "freedom to change the definitions", you are.

"It means whatever we want it to mean", et al.

That's you, dude. Not me.
As I have said repeatedly, we can't have a meaningful discussion about the existence of something that is not properly defined. We can only say whether the definition provided describes something that exists or not.
The god of the Christian bible does not exist because it cannot.
There's that faith-based thinking again.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#776804 Sep 5, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Stop talking about gruesome ways to kill Christians.
You're the only one doing that, moron.
Oh. So these aren't your words?

IANS: "Have you ever seen those devices with a spike that you pierce into through an egg shell and it scrambles the egg in the shell? They might as well call those things faith spikes, and faith based thinkers might as well sink one into each ear."
Cheetah

Malta

#776805 Sep 5, 2014
<quoted text>
In America, as best as can be determined, the church appears to be taking about three times more from the taxpayers than it is returning as charity to the needy. I'd say that that makes it a parasite.
Now ask me to support that claim, and I'll be glad to trot out all of the embarrassing data again. In fact, I could use an excuse to repost it all as a single, error-free post for future reference. Right now, it exists as three posts, with the last one correcting an arithmetic error in the second one, and the second one referring to data in the first one.
In other words mambo jumbo.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#776806 Sep 5, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems no one is able to read the symbol as an original construct(context)...
It is the early symbol depicting(in glyph) the Great Creator creating the earth.... The central cross is the Great Creator emanating or ordering into existence the "builders"(right angled arms of the cross) to create the physical properties of existence (particularly the earth). The 4 dots incorporated are notations of the "pillars" of the earth. Ancient pillars all incorporate glyph symbols notating the order of creation of existence as interpreted by the ancient peoples in any particular area worldwide....which are all basically the same.
Hope this helps.
Thanks.

I understand this, and I think there are many here who do, and it is helpful.

But, there are Christians here, who, for the most part, have such a solid wall of confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance surrounding them in protection of their beliefs, they rarely look at any information provided.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#776807 Sep 5, 2014
Thanks for the reminder, Brain Death:
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote: Chopping up posts to make them seem to be something they aren't is against Topix TOS.
IANS wrote:So, you're accusing me of an impropriety but not bothering to provide any supporting evidence. All right. If you think that's what I did, please demonstrate it. You'll need to print out the original (with a link to it) beside my edited down version (with link) and show us how you were misrepresented. Bare claims are worth bupkis. I can help you with the last part. This is what I quoted: "The only impossible god is God" http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... Then , when you're through showing how I injured you with this, if you think you have a valid case, please report me to Topix. If not, report yourself. Deal?
You ran from that, didn't you, you f*cking coward?
Nope. You assumed I was gonna report you, I never said I was.

Mr Namecaller.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#776808 Sep 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Agreed. The scientific method becomes contaminated the instant faith affects it. A faith based thinker cannot do science unless he or she can completely segregate faith from reason. And when one does, other Christians jump up and down giving Christianity credit for what a Christian did imitating an atheist.
All scientists are faith-based thinkers.

Some are just so conceited they can't admit it.

Nobody cannot do science unless he is a faith-based thinker, and incorporates his faith intimately within the scientific work.

Every scientific discovery is by a theist, or someone imitating a theist.

If you are going to go hyperbolic, I-man, I'm locked and loaded.

Location hidden

#776809 Sep 5, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what the roots are for, gathering up the raw materials from the soil.
You do know that even kindergarteners know this stuff?
Are you trying out for retard of the week?
Here is a man that will argue infinity and souls, but is pretending he doesn't know roots gather materials?
Roots do not gather anything. They absorb or assimilate nutrients. Plants do not assemble anything, particularly not themselves.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#776810 Sep 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you love the Nazis for killing Jews and Christians, do you have a swastika tattoo on your ass?
Forehead?
Since you are an ignorant and lying fookwit, are you spending time in gaol?

Just because it is true and I have shown it to be true that Hitler hated jews because of his christian believes in no way means I condone his actions in just the same way I do not condone jews killing children and I.S beheading US journalists and you being a violent moron who gets caught robs banks for a living.

Location hidden

#776811 Sep 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Thanks for that, Sweets, but you're talking to faith, meaning that you're talking to yourself.
Somehow, a plant generating a seed from nutrients in the ground isn't assembling that seed from those nutrients. Somehow, the seed germinating and building a sprout from nutrients isn't assembling that sprout. Somehow, the roots, shoots and leaves that appear aren't being assembled. Why? Because for whatever reason, faith based thinkers thing they need to not be doing so, so voila, they're not.
Every year, I see more and more evidence convincing me that faith is a disease of the reasoning faculty the way that aplastic anemia is a disease of the bone marrow. In each case, the output of a generative process is diminished and deformed.
Nobody disagreed with you on the physical and chemical process.

The disagreement is on the terms used to characterize it.

Materialists like certain terms that tend toward a subtle ascribing of intelligent agency and volitional qualities to material.

It's a subtle form of indoctrination.

Kinda' like RM + NS = Everything.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#776812 Sep 5, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
You're describing genetic replication, not self-assembly. Self-assembly would be if that would-be mung bean took all the elements it needed to become a mung bean and put them together in the right quantity and order to become a mung bean. There was no self-assembly.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Tide is a married bachelor. Why? Because I described him that way.
<quoted text>
pssst: shit talk does not equal rebuttal.
But that is EXACTLY what it does. It takes all the materials from the soil by its roots, and put it all together in exactly the right amounts to form stalks, blooms, seed pods and it did it all by itself. Nobody is out there helping it, all alone, it produces a brand new mung bean. At the cellular level it may appear as a factory, making the plant just hum along assembling certain things together to form new leaves, roots, stems seeds. You have no visual concept ability. And I am not talking Intelligent Design either.

Location hidden

#776813 Sep 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Roots do not gather anything. They absorb or assimilate nutrients. Plants do not assemble anything, particularly not themselves.
If you are going to pretend to be 3 years old, then you will be talked to like a three year old. And they do assemble themselves.

Now have a 5 day argument over "assemble" and show your stuff. You have run out of anything to argue about, so this may keep you happy for a few days.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#776815 Sep 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because it is true and I have shown it to be true that Hitler hated jews because of his christian believes in no way means I condone his actions in just the same way I do not condone jews killing children and I.S beheading US journalists and you being a violent moron who gets caught robs banks for a living.
You could have worked for Hitler couldn't you?
You're domineering, cold blooded, condescending and have a hate for Christianity Just as much as Hitler.
Again christine, you're as much Christian as Hitler, no matter how much you stomp them big a$$ sled runners you call feet.
If the Church forgave Hitler, I'm sure they will you as well..

Location hidden

#776816 Sep 5, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oJYRtOPUonAXX
I salute your taste in music.

Jackson Brown wrote the poetry of my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#776817 Sep 5, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody disagreed with you on the physical and chemical process.
The disagreement is on the terms used to characterize it.
Materialists like certain terms that tend toward a subtle ascribing of intelligent agency and volitional qualities to material.
It's a subtle form of indoctrination.
Kinda' like RM + NS = Everything.
Why don't you spend another two weeks arguing the merits of "crazy" over "psycho", this should be a subject close to your heart. Or "imprisoned" to "jailed" Even I could argue both sides of that one.

You have run certain subjects so far into the ground that nobody will even nod your way no matter how much you wish to bring it back, so you have to choose other words to battle over.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#776818 Sep 5, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to assume that when you say "open-minded", you actually mean "closed-minded".
Haha.
Yes, that was sarcasm.:)

Location hidden

#776819 Sep 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I heard, he was at home with a ankle bracelet keeping tabs on him. Didn't say, but probably at his mamas house cause with his attitude, nobody else would be at his beck and call while he is in house arrest. A person only his mother could love.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#776820 Sep 5, 2014
scaritual wrote:
Sure atheists have, and it benefited every single citizen of the United States.
Third try:

What have atheists done that says they deserve 100 years of change from "In God We Trust" to "We Trust No Gods"?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#776821 Sep 5, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text> You could have worked for Hitler couldn't you?
You're domineering, cold blooded, condescending and have a hate for Christianity Just as much as Hitler.
Again christine, you're as much Christian as Hitler, no matter how much you stomp them big a$$ sled runners you call feet.
If the Church forgave Hitler, I'm sure they will you as well..
What? Are you stoned again? Christ you have not been out of bed for more than a few minutes

I dislike violence of any sort, and Hitler is not immune to that dislike, however I hate liars with the same vehemence.

Hitler was christian so why should he hate christianity?

And why to you assume I hate christianity because I dislike liars?

Lu posted a good one that highlights exactly this phenomenon so prevalent in US christians in particular
http://i.imgur.com/2YCaOBG.jpg
Perhaps its lack of self esteem or just complete fookwit ignorance, I don’t really know or care.

The church never forgave Hitler, they never even condemned him and in fact they provided an ambassador to ensure he was doing the churches will.

As for the church forgiving me, I don’t really give a toss, I have nothing to be forgiven for other than exposing the lies and hatred of certain members of that church.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#776822 Sep 5, 2014
<quoted text>
In America, as best as can be determined, the church appears to be taking about three times more from the taxpayers than it is returning as charity to the needy. I'd say that that makes it a parasite.
Now ask me to support that claim, and I'll be glad to trot out all of the embarrassing data again. In fact, I could use an excuse to repost it all as a single, error-free post for future reference. Right now, it exists as three posts, with the last one correcting an arithmetic error in the second one, and the second one referring to data in the first one.
Very well, support your claim that Christianity is a parasite.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#776823 Sep 5, 2014
<quoted text>
You f*cking liar. I don't hate Christians, nor wish them dead.
"You've commented on how you'd like to slit God's throat if you could"
That's what I thought. You recognized your god in the description even after denying that it built a hell. You lied about that, too. Incidentally, saying that I wanted to slit "God's" throat is also a lie.
Oh. So when you said faith-based thinkers should whip their brain like a scrambled egg or that slitting God's throat would be the most moral act in the world, you didn't really mean it. You must've meant something else then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Liamm 650,736
Urgent Message: Dangers Of The Pokemon Game 14 min For Sure 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 22 min Steve III 45,005
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 50 min Hukt on Fonix 56,371
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 52 min Ajay 73
Plastic bag use plummets in England 2016 55 min kolna 1
Gay/Bi men in Leeds 1 hr John Chalmers 2
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,094
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr X Pendable 182,982
More from around the web