Prove there's a god.
Cheetah

Malta

#776518 Sep 3, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
All that's saying is that a large number of people in the U.S. are Christian.
It isn't a declaration the U.S. is a Christian nation in any legal capacity or official sense.
"One nation under one God"
"In God We Trust"
and others are all declarations.
Also as far as I know a Supreme Court judge, and also the US President, is required to take an oath on the Bible before being appointed.
It is the same in US law courts, where one must take an oath on the Bible before standing for witness.
So the Bible and God are foundational in the US legal and Constitutional system.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#776519 Sep 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
You and Tide have argued the preposterous logic that the god of the Bible cannot exist because of the descriptions given.
That is preposterous. Shame on us.

How about married bachelors? Is it preposterous logic to say that they don't exist because of the description given?

Of course they exist - if you change their description. One change would be to "married person." Another might be "bachelor." A third might be "the appliance in AIN's kitchen that toasts bread." If those are what we mean by "married bachelor," then sure, they all exist.

With that kind of reasoning, you could argue that the Christian god exists.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#776520 Sep 3, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*sigh*
"Prophylaxis", you halfwit, means "prevention".
Indeed. I love to see what big words do to some on here.

Fennario

#776521 Sep 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
The rulings of the Supreme Court are, by provision of the Constitution itself, NOT consented to by the people.
Their right to do so is, and if the American people ever change their mind, and haven't lost their democracy yet, they can do so.

Why do you hate representative democracy, Buck? Why do you hate America? You could always move to North Korea or Iran. Love it or leave it.

How am I doing, Buck?

Incidentally, do you think that the Supreme Court could be modifed if a supermajority of Americans wanted it to be changed? If not, and if you are correct, doesn't that mean that democracy in America is an illusion or myth?

Fennario

#776522 Sep 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Why do you oppose self-government?
Why do you hate America and freedom? And puppies.

Fennario

#776523 Sep 3, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
I've heard many of you say that this is an atheist thread. If that is true, then prove there is a God, atheists. Come on you can do it.
You're a moron. Have you been told that before?
Cheetah

Malta

#776524 Sep 3, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a variation of the cross, was used in the Crusades, by christians, long before Hitler existed.
http://i.imgur.com/0FWS4lW.jpg
The Swastika was never used as a Christian symbol. It is an occult anti-Christian symbol, representing a broken cross.

Fennario

#776525 Sep 4, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
You said the only thing we're entitled to is to pray in private places like churches and our homes. Why are you going back on that? Did you mean preach instead of pray?
You know what I meant. I meant for you to keep your religion form bleeding into my life.

I don't care what you do in your private spaces. Please feel free to dip a chicken claw in goat's blood, hammer it to your bedpost, and dance around it all night in the nude while baying at the moon if that's what gives your life purpose, moral grounding, and a framework for understanding the universe. But if you come into my space with such nonsense -or whatecer it is that you actually believe - there may be a problem.

Fennario

#776526 Sep 4, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
You claim God doesn't even exist, man.
Jehovah does not exist.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I've already answered it. Hypothetically, of course.
I don't think so.

No problem. though. I understand what the burden of being a Christian is.
Cheetah

Malta

#776527 Sep 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Their right to do so is, and if the American people ever change their mind, and haven't lost their democracy yet, they can do so.
Why do you hate representative democracy, Buck? Why do you hate America? You could always move to North Korea or Iran. Love it or leave it.
How am I doing, Buck?
Incidentally, do you think that the Supreme Court could be modifed if a supermajority of Americans wanted it to be changed? If not, and if you are correct, doesn't that mean that democracy in America is an illusion or myth?
John F Kennedy once said "Democracy means the rich get richer and the poor get poorer."

Fennario

#776528 Sep 4, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Meanwhile back in realityÂ…Atheists Are Still the Most Unelectable Group in America
Yes, I know. Thank you, Jesus.

Wait until you see what we do about that when we achieve majority status.

Incidentally, there is a gay closet and an atheist closet that will soon be available for occupancy. Christians might like to hold their meetings there. Just saying.

Fennario

#776529 Sep 4, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
All the great civilizations were built on theism. Including Europe and America.
Nah. The theism adds nothing of value.

Fennario

#776530 Sep 4, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Is this this "morally superior" Humanist way of doing things?
If it's humanist it is.

Fennario

#776532 Sep 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
You have watched plants and animals self-assemble? I have never seen that.
Behold:

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#776533 Sep 4, 2014
<quoted text>Jehovah does not exist.

Stilgar Fifrawi wrote, "I've already answered it. Hypothetically, of course. "

I don't think so.

No problem. though. I understand what the burden of being a Christian is.
http://i.imgur.com/bAPiuy4.jpg

Fennario

#776534 Sep 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
If you can show evidence of efforts to undermine scientific methodology, or installing a religious-based agenda in scientific investigation by these researchers, you have never presented it.
You must have missed it. It's in the Wedge Document, which I have cited multiple times-

Fennario

#776535 Sep 4, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
"One nation under one God" "In God We Trust"
We're going to fix that for you.

I hope that they don't merely delete it - the nonsectarian way - but change it to "We Trust No Gods," the atheist way. I think that we deserve a century of that.
Adversary

Cherokee, AL

#776536 Sep 4, 2014
Wow, over 700, 000 post, and nobody has proved or disproved anything.
Cheetah

Malta

#776537 Sep 4, 2014
<quoted text>
We're going to fix that for you.
I hope that they don't merely delete it - the nonsectarian way - but change it to "We Trust No Gods," the atheist way. I think that we deserve a century of that.
Reminds me of a large notice over the cash counter of a grocery shop "In God we trust. All others pay cash."

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#776538 Sep 4, 2014
<quoted text>
That is preposterous. Shame on us.
How about married bachelors? Is it preposterous logic to say that they don't exist because of the description given?
Of course they exist - if you change their description. One change would be to "married person." Another might be "bachelor." A third might be "the appliance in AIN's kitchen that toasts bread." If those are what we mean by "married bachelor," then sure, they all exist.
With that kind of reasoning, you could argue that the Christian god exists.
The entity described by a particular book as a married bachelor might well exist; might not.

To argue that the description renders him nonexistent is preposterous.

There are typos. He could be a merry bachelor.

Or a married bastard.

We don't know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min RiversideRedneck 29,904
White Women Feet Smell and Taste! (Jun '12) 3 min Jigsaww99 26
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 637,976
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min Osmius 18,498
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 7 min Joe Fortuna 4,773
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min End Of An Era 181,948
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 39 min good advice 43,914
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr Moaner1296 617,966
More from around the web