ROCCO

Indio, CA

#776588 Sep 4, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
"One nation under one God"
"In God We Trust"
and others are all declarations.
Also as far as I know a Supreme Court judge, and also the US President, is required to take an oath on the Bible before being appointed.
It is the same in US law courts, where one must take an oath on the Bible before standing for witness.
So the Bible and God are foundational in the US legal and Constitutional system.
An oath on a bible is not required by any of those persons - nor is the phrase "so help me God" at the end of the oath.

George Carlin:

“Yeah — I’ll tell you as much truth as the people who wrote that fvcking Bible, how do you like that? Swearing on the Bible doesn’t mean anything, because Bible or no Bible, God or no God, if it suits their purposes, people are going to lie in court. The police do it all the time.”

Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unreasonablefait...

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#776589 Sep 4, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout Feltcher?
Can I call you Feltcher?
Or would you prefer Feltcher1?
Or maybe FeltcherAny1?
Call me whatever you think is cuter, Redneck.

Sir is most appropriate though.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#776590 Sep 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
They have a good reason not to opine on god out loud or in mixed company. Back in the nineties, Dembski was unaware of that and let it slip.
"In God becoming human in Jesus Christ, God has established solidarity with the human condition." - William A. Dembski
It's already pseudoscience before the investigation begins because of the agenda employed in choosing and funding studies, and because the investigators understand what is expected of them whether it is stated explicitly or not, and they know how their editorials and abstracts need to read to remain in favor with the money.
Furthermore, I doubt that too many of them need their arms twisted to search for their god in the lab.
<quoted text>
Not even close. The computer you are using is evidence of the validity of the philosophy and methods of science, which are called philosophical materialism and methodological materialism. That has all been done without a god belief, and adding a god to it not only is a violation of Occams Razor - useless complexity.
Here's what faith has to offer:
"Study: Science and Religion Really Are Enemies After All - New research finds that religious countries and US states produce fewer patents per capita. Both across countries and also across US states, higher levels of religiosity are related to lower levels of scientific innovation."
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/0...
Dembski is as free to publicly express his christian belief as is Lewontin to express his materialism and Marxism, and same as Dawkins is free to express whatever belief he has on a particular day.

That's how it works in a free society. Nobody owes you any explanation for that.

Dembski's mathematics are as valid with it or without it, same as Lewontin's genetics studies.

So there went that red herring.

On to the next. If funding sources determine pseudoscience, nearly all research is pseudoscience. The largest funding entity is the federal government.

Here's a flash - that funding source has not just one agenda, but several.

On your third red herring, look up the terms "coincide" and "causality".

Dembski and Behe are tolerant of other beliefs. That's rare in science.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#776591 Sep 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Sir Feltcher ?

Ok I'll call you that once you've been knighted.

Deal?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#776592 Sep 4, 2014
ROCCO wrote:
<quoted text>
An oath on a bible is not required by any of those persons - nor is the phrase "so help me God" at the end of the oath.
George Carlin:
“Yeah — I’ll tell you as much truth as the people who wrote that fvcking Bible, how do you like that? Swearing on the Bible doesn’t mean anything, because Bible or no Bible, God or no God, if it suits their purposes, people are going to lie in court. The police do it all the time.”
Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unreasonablefait...
Don't you like it when the President says the words "So help me God" even though they don't have to? I think it's great.

Most of our military personnel end their oaths similarly.

It's awesome.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#776593 Sep 4, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Judges and attorneys are they to uphold the law, not interpret or translate it.
Hmm, but when you read the words written down on paper....
Don't you have to interpret thier meaning?
If there is a problem interpreting the words, the supreme court spells it out according to their interpretation.

Location hidden

#776594 Sep 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You, Buck Crick, have the gall to accuse others of cheap smears?
I'm going to have to resort to my protocol with the Redneck.
At his request, I sometimes point out posts of his that reflect his early Christian indoctrination.
I may well begin to point out posts of yours that contain cheap smears.
By the way, I prefer to be called Fetcher; Dickface is a bit offensive.
Really? Calling you "Dickface" is offensive?

I didn't know, or I never would have done that.

Hey, Buck got a job offer today - in Miami.

$15K per month, paid in cash.

I didn't ask who I have to kill,'cause it doesn't matter to me at that price.

But it's the kind of job you don't just walk out on when you get ready.

What is your legal advice?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#776595 Sep 4, 2014
ya know how to get a good humanist red-faced and enraged with satanic and genocidal violence?

stand firm and declare 2 things:

1 - Jesus is LORD/GOD and there's no other way to the Father except through Him

2 - The Jews belong in their land of Israel

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#776596 Sep 4, 2014
I4Ldotcom wrote:
Prove there isnt a God.

Prove there is = 0 prove there isn't = 0
So wanna drink a beer or just shoot it out?
I'll buy the first round, but if Buck and Pee Bob and the other stooge show up....
Ka click .......hah hah haH ha HAH HAH ...Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#776597 Sep 4, 2014
<quoted text>
We're going to fix that for you.
I hope that they don't merely delete it - the nonsectarian way - but change it to "We Trust No Gods," the atheist way. I think that we deserve a century of that.
Hahaha. Not gonna happen, but thanks for the humor. Look, it's an atheist comedian. You deserve? No, you don't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#776598 Sep 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, but when you read the words written down on paper....
Don't you have to interpret thier meaning?
If there is a problem interpreting the words, the supreme court spells it out according to their interpretation.
Sure but it isn't up to judges and attorneys to interpret law, it's their job to see that existing (and already interpreted) law is upheld by the court they happen to be working in.

But you know law doesn't need interpretation?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

It's pretty cut and dry.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#776599 Sep 4, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure but it isn't up to judges and attorneys to interpret law, it's their job to see that existing (and already interpreted) law is upheld by the court they happen to be working in.
But you know law doesn't need interpretation?
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."
It's pretty cut and dry.
The laws are exactly how the Supreme Court interpret them.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#776600 Sep 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Calling you "Dickface" is offensive?
I didn't know, or I never would have done that.
Hey, Buck got a job offer today - in Miami.
$15K per month, paid in cash.
I didn't ask who I have to kill,'cause it doesn't matter to me at that price.
But it's the kind of job you don't just walk out on when you get ready.
What is your legal advice?
Pack a toothbrush.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#776601 Sep 4, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Try to be a little more honest in your fun.....*shrugs*......it really isn't too difficult.
Or is it?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i already told you that a new ager/agnostic-spiritualist's idea of 'truth and honesty' is very different than most!
Uhm.....we were discussing how you don't have honesty in your "fun" - religion doesn't have anything to do with that.

Hmmmmm.....
Rellowes

Tampa, FL

#776602 Sep 4, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You will eventually be dead and realize nothing....you're dead fool.
Your soul and thoughts will not live beyond the time your currant body is alive....you're dead fool.
You really need to understand this before it's to late....so you can live a better life now, today.
I find most Christians on this forum are too stupid and full of deceit and pride to take that step
Most Christians are too self-serving and self-centered to leap out of their weak-willed state to grasp reality beyond what they see.
You are very ignorant as you currently stand.
I am very aware of reality, it is the Christian that is deceived by the religious con-men of this world.
The very cornerstone of the Christian religion has been proven to be fake...you need to accept reality...I already have.
I've never read so many lies in one post like you just did in quite awhile. Every single thing you just said is a lie.....you'll find out after it is too late-----when you are burning alive in Hell.

I know it is embarrassing to you that not a single atheist took part in writing a 2000+ year journal refuting the Holy and accurate Scriptures of God's Word. >>> a sort of atheist anti-bible, if you will.

That's because the past atheists throughout ages (now in Hell) realized they were wrong and were proven wrong with actual encounters of proof directly from God, yet they remained as ignorant fools.
You carry that lineage of ignorance because you fail to grasp reality because you are a dumbass imbecilic sociopathic tyrant and bigot, full of seething hatred.

Your dead weight anchor of atheism has fallen to the marshy depths of stupidity with no chain attached at all, and watching you perish in your failed attempts to live a happy life without God is really hard to watch.

Location hidden

#776603 Sep 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"RUTH BADER GINSBURG WILL PERFORM A SAME-SEX WEDDING THIS WEEKEND"

-Associated Press

The Supreme Court is expected to take up the issue of same-sex marriage soon.

Of course, Justice Buzzy Ginsberg will rule impartially.

Of course.

Location hidden

#776604 Sep 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What about when they reverse themselves?

The law is both ways, then, huh?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#776605 Sep 4, 2014
We're going to fix that for you.
I hope that they don't merely delete it - the nonsectarian way - but change it to "We Trust No Gods," the atheist way. I think that we deserve a century of that.
Joyful8118 wrote:
Hahaha. Not gonna happen, but thanks for the humor. Look, it's an atheist comedian. You deserve? No, you don't.
That's a good point, I glossed over him thinking the atheists "deserve" 100 years of "We Trust No Gods" on our currency.

IANS? What have atheists done in America that qualifies them to "deserve" that?

deserve
verb

done something or have or show qualities worthy of reward (or punishment)

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#776606 Sep 4, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you like it when the President says the words "So help me God" even though they don't have to? I think it's great.
Most of our military personnel end their oaths similarly.
It's awesome.
Your post is yet another example of the consequences of early Christian indoctrination.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#776607 Sep 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "judges and attorneys". Judges handle local court cases. Justices do not.

Do you know the difference between a judge and a justice?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 min Internet Reality 45,280
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Thinking 64,518
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Liamm 654,365
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 8 min Johnny 843
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min X Pendable 183,212
Lying and cheating in Dixie Youth Baseball: Lum... (May '12) 54 min Jim b 252
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr DebraE 106,596
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Brian_G 281,947
More from around the web