Prove there's a god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#776391 Sep 3, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Which entity?
allah. some say it's just another name for God, but i like to say that the quran describes him more like the gay and murdeous devil .....

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#776392 Sep 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Washington was a Mason.
Moreover, the mentioning of God in the Declaration does not describe the personal God of Christianity. Thomas Jefferson who held deist beliefs, wrote the majority of the Declaration. The Declaration describes "the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God." This nature's view of God agrees with deist philosophy and might even appeal to those of pantheistical beliefs, but any attempt to use the Declaration as a support for Christianity will fail for this reason alone.
http://www.nobeliefs.com/Tripoli.htm
Neither does it rule out the Christian god.

Thomas Jefferson:

"I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus".

-The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, Albert Ellery Bergh, edtor; Vol. XIV, p. 385, to Charles Thompson on January 9, 1816.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#776393 Sep 3, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But Buck, you're the guy who accuses the Supreme Court of fraud by altering the clear meaning of the Constitution!!
Now you are citing the court as Constitutional authority?
Here's the real question for you, given your views: Can you point to language in the Constitution stating that the U.S. is a Christian nation?
It's a different Court, Dumbass.

Which proposition is more likely....

(1) That the Court ruling on the First Amendment less than a hundred years after its ratification was correct on the meaning of it, or...

(2) That they were wrong, and it took another hundred years or so to discover the Amendment's meaning, and that it actually means the opposite of what the authors of it wrote?

There is no language in the Constitution stating that the U.S. is a Christian nation.

At the same time, there is no language in the Constitution that prevents government from endorsing, promoting, or preferring Christianity. Further, there is no language that prohibits a state from establishing Christianity as the official state religion if the people of the state choose to do so.

If you have found it, show it to me.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#776394 Sep 3, 2014
Cheetah wrote:
<quoted text>
Original Christianity WAS about humanism. This is what Jesus taught throughout his life on earth. That is why the religious leaders of his time, whom he called hypocrites, hated him. They even accused him of associating and dining with "sinners".
He declared from the beginning of his mission that he came to alleviate the suffering of the downtrodden and outcasts of society. I suggest you read the sermon on the mount in Matthew 5 which I quoted above. So there is nothing new in it as you suggest.
You are correct - the initial aspects of Christianity was a religion built to become a way people can look at themselves and correct their own faults. Christianity dropped the ball somewhere along the line - 325 CE sounds like a good starting point.

Why do you think certain men were accurate in their theology and others were not?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#776395 Sep 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States; United States Supreme Court:
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation".
Ah, you chicken.

You have not replied to my post on this subject.

It has become a habit of yours to decline to respond to my posts.

But I can understand why you opt to remain silent--I have always had sympathy for the weak.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#776396 Sep 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a different Court, Dumbass.
Which proposition is more likely....
(1) That the Court ruling on the First Amendment less than a hundred years after its ratification was correct on the meaning of it, or...
(2) That they were wrong, and it took another hundred years or so to discover the Amendment's meaning, and that it actually means the opposite of what the authors of it wrote?
There is no language in the Constitution stating that the U.S. is a Christian nation.
At the same time, there is no language in the Constitution that prevents government from endorsing, promoting, or preferring Christianity. Further, there is no language that prohibits a state from establishing Christianity as the official state religion if the people of the state choose to do so.
If you have found it, show it to me.
Ah, so you got your courage up to reply to me after all.

My congratulations.

But you have not found any language in the Constitution stating that this is a Christian nation.

Those damn Supreme Court justices--there they went again, distorting and perverting our glorious Constitution.

Must be one of them penumbras, eh?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#776397 Sep 3, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States; United States Supreme Court:
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation".
Note to Buck...

"unofficial declarations"
Cannot breach the establishment clause.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#776398 Sep 3, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Jared Sparks is a noted historian. He's known as the first professor of history in America, he lived at the time of the founding fathers and he wrote about many of them, including Washington, Franklin and Morris. He also compiled the Library of American Biography, the Diplomatic Correspondence of the American Revolution, and the Correspondence of the American Revolution.
He also became the president of Harvard.
I'll believe what he says long before I believe your nobeliefs atheist website, any day of the week.
There is your early Christian indoctrination, Redneck, raising its ugly head once again.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#776399 Sep 3, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
There is your early Christian indoctrination, Redneck, raising its ugly head once again.
Tater tots are your friends.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#776400 Sep 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
Note to Buck...
"unofficial declarations"
Cannot breach the establishment clause.
Ah but Topix Atheists! and organizations like the FFRF can?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#776401 Sep 3, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Oh I understand.
You now admit that there are multiple gods??
<quoted text>
Why do you turn a question into an accusation?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you turn accusations into questions?;-)
A great example of how so-called "Christians" don't learn very well.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#776402 Sep 3, 2014
It's so hard to come by
That feeling of peace
This friend of mine said
"Close your eyes, and try a few of these"
I thought I flying like a bird
So far above my sorrow
But when I looked down
I was standing on my knees
Now I need someone to help me
Someone to help me please

Baby if you need me
Like I know I need you
There's just one thing
I'll ask you to do
Take my hand and lead me
To the hole in your garden wall
And pull me through

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#776403 Sep 3, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
ssssoooo what's your problem with Paul and Mohler's commentary on Romans 5? i have no problem with it.....
They are both commenting on the fact that Adam and Eve, as written in the Bible, did not exist.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#776404 Sep 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Note to Buck...
"unofficial declarations"
Cannot breach the establishment clause.
Who said anything about trying to breach the establishment clause?

Do you know what the establishment clause means?

Take a shot. I'm 90% certain you'll get it wrong.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#776405 Sep 3, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah but Topix Atheists! and organizations like the FFRF can?
No, any one of these breaches the establishment clause.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#776406 Sep 3, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so you got your courage up to reply to me after all.
My congratulations.
But you have not found any language in the Constitution stating that this is a Christian nation.
Those damn Supreme Court justices--there they went again, distorting and perverting our glorious Constitution.
Must be one of them penumbras, eh?
I responded the instant I saw it, Nitwit.

Nobody, that includes me, stated or implied that the nation is constitutionally a Christian nation.

The Holy Trinity court did not say nor imply that.

The perversion of the Constitution is when justices rule that the Constitution contains this or that right that it clearly does not, or contains this or that prohibition that it clearly does not.

The court I referenced didn't do that.

If they had, you would oppose it. But when you agree with the perversion, you support it.

That's because you don't respect the Constitution.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#776407 Sep 3, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you chicken.
You have not replied to my post on this subject.
It has become a habit of yours to decline to respond to my posts.
But I can understand why you opt to remain silent--I have always had sympathy for the weak.
I wish you did have the intellectual heft to pose a Constitutional question that would make me feel challenged.

Your errors are easy to debunk.

You can't even muster a question that causes me to consult a reference.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#776408 Sep 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No, any one of these breaches the establishment clause.
Explain how the establishment clause is breached.

Please don't include infinity.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#776409 Sep 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
No, any one of these breaches the establishment clause.
Bullshit, they try all the time. When an organization like the FFRF fights in court, or sends threatening letters, saying that the Constitution says there is a wall of separation between church and state, their flat out lying.

Only idiots believe themÂ…

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#776410 Sep 3, 2014
their / they're

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min here 47,933
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min WasteWater 105,579
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min kent 646,345
Gay Teens/Adults in Austin, Texas for meetups (Jun '15) 29 min Joseph 5
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,707
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 2 hr Brian_G 12
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Inspector2 618,611
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Neville Thompson 281,222
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 16 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web