RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#776082 Sep 2, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
http://i.imgur.com/xQxPpN9.jpg
^"The bible says god gave his children a flat planet at the centre of the universe.
I hope christians find it someday, so they can all go live there."^
The Bible never calls the earth flat and never says the earth is at the center of the universe.

You said you read the Bible cover to cover, I think you just read the front and back covers...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#776083 Sep 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
I am but I am a prime candidate for what ROCCO is talking about RR, So you're saying that I deserve no rights whatsoever back?
They ( Kentucky ) pretty much guaranteed that I will be dependent on them and federal ass. unless I continue breaking the law, which in turn does nothing but benefit them, and keep me where "I" belong, Dependent!
Because you can't vote you HAVE TO be dependent on the government?! That makes no sense at all.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#776084 Sep 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
You are insisting that something vague and unreliable is definitive. That is a self-contradictory argument.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Where did I insist that? And what does that sentence mean?
Buck Crick wrote:
It means what it says. You are insisting that a vague and unreliable definition is definitive. And from that, you claim it proves nonexistence of the thing being defined by way of the vague and unreliable definition.
Thanks for clearing that up by repeating the same words.

I am saying that a vague definition neither defines nor is definitive. I am not insisting the opposite as you claim.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#776085 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>
It's already been presented. http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Atheism isn't a motive for anything. Neither is avampirism or aleprechaunism.
Christianity, however, gives many reasons to want it gone.
The atheist and communist leaders disagree with you.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#776086 Sep 2, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible never calls the earth flat and never says the earth is at the center of the universe.

You said you read the Bible cover to cover, I think you just read the front and back covers...
Thick clouds veil him, so he does not see us as he walks about on the vault of heaven.
— Job 22:14

Can you join him in spreading out the skies, hard as a mirror of cast bronze?
— Job 37:18

The tree grew large and strong and its top touched the sky; it was visible to the ends of the earth.
— Daniel 4:11

Location hidden

#776087 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>
And what Stalin did is irrelevant to what a humanist leader would or could do in America. It doesn't stop you from smearing us with implied threats for the future of a non-Christian nation. You already live under a non-Christian government, and in a couple of generations or less, it will be manned principally by non-Christians notwithstanding this kind of Christian slander.
If Stalin's actions are irrelevant, then so are previous Christian leaders' actions.

That sweeps away the Crusades, witch trials, Bush's wars, etc.

Fennario

#776088 Sep 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Your statement does contradict the Constitution, and implies a desire to contravene it. The Constitution clearly declares the right of persons to exercise religion free of government limiting it to certain "spaces'. Your view of his right being limited to certain spaces denies his constitutional rights.
Nope. Christians are limited in the ways and places that they may express themselves religiously. They can't put up the Ten Commandments in a public school, they can't have public school teachers lead group prayer, and they can't put up creches on courthouse lawns.

Location hidden

#776089 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thanks for clearing that up by repeating the same words.
I am saying that a vague definition neither defines nor is definitive. I am not insisting the opposite as you claim.
Yes, you are. You are insisting that the alleged god cannot exist due to the vague and unreliable way it is defined by the Bible.

You are bestowing a definitive authority on the matter to a vague, unreliable account.

Fennario

#776090 Sep 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Oh. Well allow me to adjust my question. Why do you only favor self-government when you agree with the result? You clearly demonstrated that you favor SCOTUS decisions over the measures ratified by the people, in particular, the First Amendment.
You should probably stop using the word "clearly" so much. You don't seem to understand me, or else you do and deliberately post your words in my name. There are many court decisions I disapprove of, most recently the Hobby Lobby one. Never did I advocate for the end to self-government.

Show me where I "clearly demonstrated that [I] favor SCOTUS decisions over the measures ratified by the people"

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#776091 Sep 2, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:

The Bible never calls the earth flat and never says the earth is at the center of the universe.

curiouslu wrote:

Thick clouds veil him, so he does not see us as he walks about on the vault of heaven.
— Job 22:14

Can you join him in spreading out the skies, hard as a mirror of cast bronze?
— Job 37:18

The tree grew large and strong and its top touched the sky; it was visible to the ends of the earth.
— Daniel 4:11
See what I mean?

Fennario

#776092 Sep 2, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
You seem to have a lot of faith in what you say.
I believe nothing without evidence. I have good reason to believe the things I post, and they are generally included in the post.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#776093 Sep 2, 2014
macumazahn wrote:

Well, children.

And perhaps the catastrophically stupid.

RAH came up with an idea, which I've had the nerve to modify.
Here goes: When one enters the polling booth and pulls the curtain, one is presented with three simple problems. One logical, one mathematical, and one historical.

Answer all three correctly, and one can vote. Fail to do so, and a bell rings out, and a red light flashes atop the booth. This announces to all presesnt that you're too ignorant to count.
That would be the ONLY qualification.
I disagree with that notion. The ignorant janitor has as much right to vote as the genius neurosurgeon.

Location hidden

#776094 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Nope. Christians are limited in the ways and places that they may express themselves religiously. They can't put up the Ten Commandments in a public school, they can't have public school teachers lead group prayer, and they can't put up creches on courthouse lawns.
The Constitution says otherwise.

If you notice, I referred to his "constitutional rights".

What the Constitution says on the matter is that the federal government shall not prohibit the free exercise of religion. Period.

It does not limit that prohibition to "other than public schools and courthouses".

Furthermore, after passage of that provision, the federal government not only allowed free exercise of religion in courthouses and schools, but sponsored it with taxpayer funds.

So, when you say "they can't...", what is the source of that prohibition?

When was it consented to by the people?

I can tell you when the "free exercise" clause was consented to.

Can you tell me when the "they can't..." was consented to?

Location hidden

#776095 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>

Show me where I "clearly demonstrated that [I] favor SCOTUS decisions over the measures ratified by the people"
When you told Stilgar that he is not allowed to practice Christian observances on publicly-owned property, then again when you say that teacher-led prayer or the 10 commandments in a courthouse are not allowed.

Those are the result of Scotus decisions.

The measures ratified by the people allow for those practices.

So am I wrong, you don't prefer the former over the latter?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#776096 Sep 2, 2014
I believe nothing without evidence. I have good reason to believe the things I post, and they are generally included in the post.
You believe God does not exist.

Without evidence.

You believe Christianity teaches homophobia.

Without evidence.

You believe many things without evidence, IANS.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#776097 Sep 2, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you can't vote you HAVE TO be dependent on the government?! That makes no sense at all.
Yeah, go out and find a Job here in Kentucky with a drug trafficking felony, hahaha!
I owned a security company when I got my time, but they were in the process of taking it from me because I was and had to bonded and Insured to carry firearms and such, it went under tho because they shut all the mines down around here. I employed like 23 people through that company, but either way it was gone. They had already jerked my Insurance because of bonding license for guns, which I was no longer able to carry or be around.
So they ban me for life w/out firearms or any say in the matter, yeah, I'll start looking for a Job tomorrow..

Location hidden

#776098 Sep 2, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, go out and find a Job here in Kentucky with a drug trafficking felony, hahaha!
I owned a security company when I got my time, but they were in the process of taking it from me because I was and had to bonded and Insured to carry firearms and such, it went under tho because they shut all the mines down around here. I employed like 23 people through that company, but either way it was gone. They had already jerked my Insurance because of bonding license for guns, which I was no longer able to carry or be around.
So they ban me for life w/out firearms or any say in the matter, yeah, I'll start looking for a Job tomorrow..
Drug trafficking?

Did I ever beat you up and rob you?

If so, sorry man.

Location hidden

#776099 Sep 2, 2014
<quoted text>
Hey, I-man.

With the addition of Christine, we now have a dyslexic Jihadist, 3 convicted felons, an atheist doctor, a California flower-child lawyer, at least two lesbos, and a guy from England who can't speak English.

What about this thread?

If we could find a midget and a bearded lady, we could form a circus.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#776100 Sep 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Drug trafficking?
Did I ever beat you up and rob you?
If so, sorry man.
Yes
No
It's alright

Fennario

#776101 Sep 2, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
ID proponents propose nothing even slightly resembling "supernatural selection". The factual misrepresentations continue.
ID proponents, or what many of us like to call cdesign proponentsists, obviously believe something that resembles supernatural selection pretty much exactly.
Buck Crick wrote:
Dembski's comments were from his personal beliefs, and even then, do not suggest that he considers science illegitimate.
Playing these word games is becoming tiresome, Buck. Dembski and the bulk of the ID edifice are openly critical of mainstream science.
Buck Crick wrote:
The NAS is a politicized organization, and their representatives make dishonest statements.
What do you mean by politicized? Do you mean that the NAS is doing something inappropriate?

And what dishonest statements has it made? That ID is pseudoscience? The NAS is qualified to identify pseudoscience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Pres Donald J Tru... 122,617
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min onemale 286,424
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Lyndi 6,512
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min confrinting with ... 681,514
O.J. and Paula...June 11,1994: Malice Aforethou... 40 min Pres Donald J Tru... 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Here For Now 619,432
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 8 hr Daniel 1,024
More from around the web