Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#775203 Aug 30, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting speech Ms. O'Hair gave. Speaks as to how Christians have historically treated people who disagreed with their religion.
O'Hairs speech:
" I'll tell you what you did with Atheists for about 1500 years. You outlawed them from the universities or any teaching careers, besmirched their reputations, banned or burned their books or their writings of any kind, drove them into exile, humiliated them, seized their properties, arrested them for blasphemy. You dehumanized them with beatings and exquisite torture, gouged out their eyes, slit their tongues, stretched, crushed, or broke their limbs, tore off their breasts if they were women, crushed their scrotum's if they were men, imprisoned them, stabbed them, disemboweled them, hanged them, burnt them alive.
And you have nerve enough to complain to me that I laugh at you.
The Christians still don't get it.
I submit that Christianity is still one of the most dangerous cults in existence.'Buck Crick' and 'atheism is destructive' are two good examples, and there are a few more on here who are just as scary.
Apparently you scare easily.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#775204 Aug 30, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Joyful8118 wrote:<quoted text>
Lol, my post had nothing to do with your slanderous, attacking, bullying of me. I clearly said your baby whining tantrums, but I said nothing about it being toward me, did I? Nope. I told you already that nothing you say about me bothers me in any way. Your assessment of means nothing to or for me. Everyone who is honest and smart knows your BS about me and others here is nothing more than just that -BS. Boohoo. Poor IANS and his fellow unbelievers. That is almost all you do here is cry and throw tantrums.
At least IANS doesn't consider you a poe. He thinks you're the real deal; a genuine Christian... tried and true, through and through.

Nano voiced her opinion about you... and two *intelligent* Christians feel that way as well, though it isn't my place to name them. They'll speak up once they've had enough.

I know... you don't care what others think of you; it doesn't bother you one bit. But, do you care at all that you're embarrassing the crap outta your fellow believers?

By all means... PLEASE!... keep posting.

G'night, 8118.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#775205 Aug 30, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you scare easily.
http://youtu.be/ekUSTE1euPQ

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#775206 Aug 30, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an unsupportable claim.
No, it's not.

Atheism is a lack of belief in deities.

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#775207 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
On what planet can a man give oral to another man and not be bi- or homosexual?!
(hint: that's a homosexual act)
That's like you having sex with a man but still call yourself a lesbian.
Ahhhhhh...... Nope.
Really? I didn't know that I was homosexual for doing that.

Thanks for telling me.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#775208 Aug 30, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
An open mind is no more or less than one that is willing and able to evaluate new information impartially. It means that you are willing to be convinced by a compelling argument. A closed mind is the opposite.
I have considered your arguments impartially and rejected them. You simply keep insisting that you are correct, that I am incorrect, and because I have never agreed with you, that my mind is closed.
In the matter of Christian homophobia, I have claimed that homophobia is a very real phenomenon, and that in America, its principle or only source is the Christian church. You have countered that Christianity does not teach homophobia, but rather that gay sex is sinful, that not all congregations teach that, and that not all Christians are homophobic. That's not a rebuttal of my claim - it supports it, in fact - and not surprisingly, I haven't vacated my position.
You are frustrated and angered that your answer has had no effect, and so call me closed-minded. You are incorrect. An open mind is not defined by why it concludes, but by how it reaches those conclusions - rationally - and how it treats its conclusions - provisionally.
Most of it IS caused by what the Bible says - no doubt about it. Why do you think they used to call them sodomy laws? Exactly right.

Personally, I would like to see all homophobia vanish with a poof!

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#775209 Aug 30, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the girls putting the rubbers on? Are you saying the women are sl*ts but don't even mention the guys? It takes two to do that tango. The birth control is for BOTH girls and guys. If the girls are sl*ts the guys are man wh*res.
Now that's a very good point, there.

Location hidden

#775210 Aug 30, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I didn't know that I was homosexual for doing that.
Thanks for telling me.
He has no idea what he's talking about and yet he keeps talking.

It's weird but that's R3.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#775211 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
Nope. I had more opportunity than most.
Did your parents encourage you to get a college degree? Did they teach you to respect reason and evidence over faith?
I have no idea how life would have turned out without that huge advantage. College was assumed for me, and medical school strongly recommended. I wanted to be an art major. Without all of the assets I was born into - mid-20th century America and a good home - I doubt that I'd have chosen the path I did. One could argue that I didn't choose it.
Nobody does choose their path, really. Not when they're young anyway.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#775212 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Nativity scenes at Christmas are bitched about by atheists. What other religion would you expect to celebrate on a Christian holiday?
No.
You can put up all the nativity scenes you want. On private property.
If the property is owned or paid for by the public (i.e. taxpayers - everyone), you may not.

Fair enough. Why should, say,_I_ be forced to pay for your religious displays?

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#775213 Aug 30, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You are free to remain as ignorant as you want. Stilgar's god bestowed upon you Teh Free Will. Use it wisely.
I'm almost convinced that you're Patton Oswalt. It's not just your physical stature that leads me to believe that. You only seem to show up here after Patton has had another major melt down on Twitter.
At any rate, I absolutely loved you on Justified. You're a funny little dude. In fact, Mia and I were laughing like Kookaburras at your earlier posts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =S0ZbykXlg6QXX
You hear them early in the morning here, totally cracking up. Esp out in the bush, where one ate a piece of steak from my hand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#775214 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
Did the post above at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... get censored by Topix? I'm suspicious that it did because it's one of very few posts without judgits.
So much for being honest about your upbringing...It may not be the best policy on here.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#775215 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
I doubt that anybody can forget that. Here's TLeary (Henry H to his friends) grieving the loss of his son Harrison, followed by Loblah's touching reminder that the boy is dead, and being dismissive of his father's grief
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
And here's the link of his son playing electric guitar like his father. Harrison was still alive when he shared it with us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UBEa5PvsvxYXX
Henry died a few months later.
What a total prick! Bob the slob will not be forgotten, then.

The boy had quite a bit of talent, sad.

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#775216 Aug 30, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/5iqUtcM.jpg
Blowing the profit...or was that prophet?

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#775217 Aug 30, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>The right, of course, to throw stones at people.
Or, if possible, set fire to them.
Or (as a distant third), at the very least have them behave in public the way his cult orders.
There is that, Mac.
:-(

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#775218 Aug 30, 2014
He's a funny guy, and I totally agree with his complaint about "the N word," which I have been reduced to using myself here on Topix. I thought that the entire word was much more what I was looking for in that post.
Here's something back in return for the gift:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Lv2qLOiioPcXX
Satan's dog is supposed to have three heads. Maybe it's a theme?

He might have a whole bag of dicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#775219 Aug 31, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He has no idea what he's talking about and yet he keeps talking.
It's weird but that's R3.
Yep!
:-)

Location hidden

#775220 Aug 31, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan's dog is supposed to have three heads. Maybe it's a theme?
He might have a whole bag of dicks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OT7xc_XqYO8XX
"I've never seen a penis that has inspired me to suck it." ~Louis C.K.
Huh

Hurst, TX

#775221 Aug 31, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
"I've never seen a penis that has inspired me to suck it." ~Louis C.K.
Here I come.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#775222 Aug 31, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of it IS caused by what the Bible says - no doubt about it. Why do you think they used to call them sodomy laws? Exactly right.
Personally, I would like to see all homophobia vanish with a poof!
G'day, Rosa

My sentiments exactly. I did enjoy the pun, whether it was intended or not

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 5 min Johnny 704
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Mike thunkit 99,962
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min marge 590,162
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min Wordsworth 5,903
Severely Sick Elderly Man 13 min BlessedMama83 1
What REALLY happened between O.J.and Paula June... 14 min Doctor REALITY 13
China sends armed officers to Nepal for relief ops 24 min karencrespo 6
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 35 min Freebird USA 176,946
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 46 min WasteWater 4,366
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 6 hr Finley 31
More from around the web