Prove there's a god.

“Dynasty”

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#774994 Aug 29, 2014
What more proof do you need? We live on a planet that is called Earth.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774995 Aug 29, 2014
Jesus.

I'm so overwhelmed by these peaceful christians.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#774996 Aug 29, 2014
Blck wrote:
Duh , we live on a planet called "Earth".
now.....

PTAG

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774997 Aug 29, 2014
Blck wrote:
Yes and we were allegedly made with "dust from the ground", another name for dirt.

So, the proof you are suggesting in order to support your brand of mythical god is what?

That supposedly there's an almighty creator entity, who made us out of dirt?

And what? This magical deistic being loves us so much he treats us like pond scum because we are dirt bags?

Seems legit. Tell us more, profit.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#774998 Aug 29, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Robot roll call?
Laffin.
Yup.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#774999 Aug 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be asking you about any subject.
Why?
Because you are ignorant, and show a tendency for lying.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be asking you about any subject.
You are free to remain as ignorant as you want. Stilgar's god bestowed upon you Teh Free Will. Use it wisely.

I'm almost convinced that you're Patton Oswalt. It's not just your physical stature that leads me to believe that. You only seem to show up here after Patton has had another major melt down on Twitter.

At any rate, I absolutely loved you on Justified. You're a funny little dude. In fact, Mia and I were laughing like Kookaburras at your earlier posts.

Location hidden

#775000 Aug 29, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
Christian pastor convicted for one heterosexual act faces charges for another:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arthur-schirmer-p...
He can now ask for forgiveness and be born again, again.

He will then be free to bludgeon his wives for eternity after fulfilling his Earthly penance of ministering to the homosexuals, pedophiles and sodomites that inhabit his prison. Oddly enough, that's 100% of the prison population according to Stilgar and Patton.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#775001 Aug 30, 2014
Then you think we should thank the Christian church and/or Yahweh for modern secular democracies and personal political freedoms? What took them so long? Incidentally, the deist god and the Christian god have nothing in common. If you can equate them, then you might as well throw in what would be the atheist's god - the laws of physics. The laws of physics begat the the singularity, space,time, energy, matter, and force, which begat molecules and the laws of chemistry, which begat life including man and the laws of biology, which begat mind including human mind and the laws of psychology, which begat human and civil rights.
Buck Crick wrote:
What begat the laws of physics?
My money is on an eternal, unconscious mother substance that generates universes of every possible stripe in very large numbers, but I don't know. What are the other possibilities? A conscious god or gods, and nothing at all. They each seem much less likely for different reasons.
Buck Crick wrote:
I have no problem with the begatting you offered.
Great. The singularity and the laws of physics probably aren't the creator that the founders had in mind, but what difference would that make? I still don't give the credit for an innovation of mankind to a conscious god that I have no reason to believe exists because eighteenth century people who perhaps couldn't conceive of anything else did.

I do, however, understand why they might think such a thing existed, and why they might pay it lip service even if they didn't. Even today, the use of such a trope would be strategically advisable. Remember, we're talking about what was then a new form of government - a form of self-government born of a revolt against what many people saw as a god-appointed king. Look at all of the Christian chatter today critical of man being his own god, of the virtue of submission, and of the sins of pride and rebellion. What must the founders have been hearing, especially from Tories? Asserting that their experiment was the will of a god, who was the source of their political rights, might have been essential whether they believed it or not.

Fennario

#775002 Aug 30, 2014
There is a natural revulsion to all sex which is not supported by lust just as people with no hunger aren't find food unappealing. Heterosexuals say "ew" to gay sex, homosexuals say "ew" to straight sex, bisexuals like them both, and people too young to have a sex drive and adults that lack one find it all repulsive.

But revulsion for sex acts is not the same as revulsion for the actors. Asexual people aren't prejudiced against human beings that have sex. Gay people don't dislike heterosexuals for screwing each other. But many straight people despise gays. That's homophobia, and it is not natural. It is taught.

Why am I not homophobic? I was once very uncomfortable with the idea of homosexuality, and a little afraid of people who were gay. When I was a teen, my mother worked with a flamboyant gay man who came to our home with a gown on a hanger. I was shocked and more than a little creeped out to learn that he wore it.

I also called blacks nig6ers, and Mexicans be@ners. Did I mention that my father was very conservative and my mother a Roosevelt liberal? I was my father's son before I rejected his values and embraced hers. I had to rethink all of it. But the hatred was all learned. Before Dad taught me what "nig6ers" were, we had a black maid that I was very fond of. I had no idea that she was a nig6er until my father explained it to me.

Kids know nothing about racism or homophobia until they are taught them.
Did the post above at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... get censored by Topix? I'm suspicious that it did because it's one of very few posts without judgits.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#775003 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
Did the post above at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... get censored by Topix? I'm suspicious that it did because it's one of very few posts without judgits.
Not sure if it was "censored" per se... but, it didn't get posted.

Location hidden

#775004 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
It appears so. The link takes me to the first page of this thread but the post number was cut off in your post. I can see the post number in the reply so let me check further.

Location hidden

#775005 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
It's not there.

No 774899

Fennario

#775006 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
My main point of contention with you on this issue is your claim that Christianity teaches homophobia. I've asked you repeatedly what that message from Christianity is. So far, all you've given me is a few examples of pastors preaching it, but you've never offered an example of it in Christianity itself. Can you?
I've told you several times what that message is, and you have promulgated it yourself.

It Aint Necessarily So wrote: "It's amazing to me how blind you are to this phenomenon and Christianity's role in creating it in Western culture. Who in these threads is calling homosexuality a sin - an abomination to a perfect god?"

Stilgar Fifrawi wrote: "I am, and so are many others. BUT - I'm also calling adultery and theft an abomination to God. Do you think Christians are to blame for the guilt of cheating on a spouse or the punishment for taking something that doesn't belong to you?"

You learned that from the church. That's the message, and you remain blind to it even though you serve as a vector for it.

If my argument depends on you ever seeing that, then I'm going to be hearing you ask "What teaching?" for months or years, with you calling me a bigot and Christian hater for seeing and reporting it myself. Sorry, but it there, and very plain to see if you aren't wearing Christian confirmation bias goggles. I can't make you see what they refuse to show you.

It is not essential to the argument that the Christian church is the principle or sole source of American homophobia that every preacher be preaching overt homophobia or that every congregant be overtly homophobic. It is only necessary that homophobia exist, and that it be principally or exclusively the fruit of Christians whose worldview condemns homosexual acts as sin in the eyes of a punitive god.

And when I make the argument, what do I get in return (paraphrasing)? "Well, it is sin, but that's not a homophobic message. Besides, some congregations are gay friendly, and you are a closed-minded bigot that won't even consider my evidence. Plus, your evidence is just the words of a few guys"

Yes, I've considered your evidence, which is also just the words of a few guys, but it isn't evidence that I'm wrong. No number of gay-friendly citations refutes the claim that Christian homophobia is also being taught by an ideology that considers homosexuality an abomination, just as no number of citations from Buck of atheism being called the positive rejection of gods refutes the claim that the word has another definition and can be used in another way.

Location hidden

#775007 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
The N word will get you every time. The context doesn't matter.

Ask Stilgar. That's why he calls people monkeys and stuff.

On a lighter note, the Wolf Spiders are almost fully grown. In another week or so they'll be as big as my palm.

Fennario

#775008 Aug 30, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not there.
No 774899
Thanks.

How about the quote section of post http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... , the body of which you obviously saw since you answered me. Does the censored post appear in that quote section?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#775009 Aug 30, 2014
River Tam wrote:
You are free to remain as ignorant as you want. Stilgar's god bestowed upon you Teh Free Will. Use it wisely.
I'm almost convinced that you're Patton Oswalt. It's not just your physical stature that leads me to believe that. You only seem to show up here after Patton has had another major melt down on Twitter.
At any rate, I absolutely loved you on Justified. You're a funny little dude. In fact, Mia and I were laughing like Kookaburras at your earlier posts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =S0ZbykXlg6QXX
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Fennario

#775010 Aug 30, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The N word will get you every time. The context doesn't matter.
Ask Stilgar. That's why he calls people monkeys and stuff.
On a lighter note, the Wolf Spiders are almost fully grown. In another week or so they'll be as big as my palm.
And that answers the question I just left about whether you could read it in the quote section. Thanks for your help.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#775011 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
And that answers the question I just left about whether you could read it in the quote section. Thanks for your help.
So, it appears as if the workaround is to respond to your post that didn't register globally, and once its been used that way, the entire post will show.

Location hidden

#775013 Aug 30, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RP4abiHdQpcXX
I hope that wasn't his Birth Certificate.

I did that to a trig homework once when the boy said he didn't have the money that we agreed on. It was just a copy. He sounded just like that but he wasn't laughing. He came up with the money and he passed !!!

That was my first miracle. It was on video so the pope can't deny it.

Saint River has a sound to it.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#775014 Aug 30, 2014
Obviously not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
aguaje pills (Jun '10) 5 min Mandy 70
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 9 min -Stray Dog 6,531
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Regina 600,080
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,027
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 40,896
Pro Lifers Are The Same As liberals 1 hr RiccardoFire 34
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 272,424
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 2 hr andy 45
More from around the web