Prove there's a god.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#775229 Aug 31, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Yes it is a sin, right along with adultery and stealing and lying and sex outside of marriage and sex with an animal and sex in an orgy, etc. They're all sins.
But just because Christianity teaches that homosexual activity is a sin does not mean Christianity also teaches an aversion to homosexuals. It's some Christians choose that path, that's their fault and that's their ignorance. It's not what Christianity teaches them. Therefore, it's not a doctrine of Christianity, it's a misunderstanding of some Christians.
Wouldn't it be great if you could control what Christianity teaches?

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#775230 Aug 31, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a blathering moron.
Classification of an act as a homosexual act is independent of the sexual orientation of the participant or victim, and independent of whether it is a crime.
A homosexual act is sexual behavior involving members of the same sex.
Pedophilia is a crime, and if perpetrator and victim are the same sex, it is a homosexual act.
It's not complicated.
Category error, Buck.

You are trying your hand at another argument you have lost badly. Do you recycle tese, holing to get a more favourable outcome?

It is wrong to classify an act of sexual violence as either homo- or heterosexual. In a rape, it is inhumanly cruel to call it either, no matter the gender of both parties. A case of pedophilia, as well.

Sexual violence involves one unwilling participant. A case of pedophilia usually involves one coerced participant. In both cases, the unwilling/coerced participant is known as the "victim".

Also, sexual violence and coercion is an act of power.

If you have trouble acknowledging the identity and rights of the victim, that is your problem, not ours. If you have problems stereotyping a group (in this case, homosexuals) because of the actions of a rapist, once again, your problem, not ours

#775231 Aug 31, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It's clear that you think sexual behavior dictates sexual orientation. It's actually sexual orientation that usually dictates sexual behavior, under most circumstances. People engage in sexual behavior against their sexual orientation for all kinds of reasons.
I disagree with your usage of "homosexual act" and "heterosexual act". I think it's inappropriate and unnecessary. Using these high profile labels for sexual crimes against children has the potential to cause additional harm to the victims. For that reason alone, it's inexcusable.
If a bigoted lizard could talk, he might call child molestation a mammalian act, in order to tie mammals to child molestation. That's a category error. You should always use the narrowest category when you're labeling something so that your label is relevant and to avoid miscommunication, if you care about those things.
I also find that your understanding of sexual identity and orientation in the context of American culture is juvenile. These things are cultural constructs. As most people in America understand and adopt these constructs, behavior does not dictate orientation. Orientation does not even dictate identity. Many people who have a bisexual orientation live as straight or gay people. This is quite common for married women.
Thank you, and have a nice day.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
"Absolutely wrong.
Homosexual men perform homosexual acts, bisexual men perform homosexual acts.
Heterosexual men do not perform homosexual acts."
"On what planet can a man give oral to another man and not be bi- or homosexual?!
(hint: that's a homosexual act)
That's like you having sex with a man but still call yourself a lesbian.
Ahhhhhh...... Nope."
"A man giving another man any type of sexual activity is a homosexual act. Heterosexuals do not perform homosexual acts.
If you perform any kind of sexual activity on a man, you aren't a lesbian anymore. You would be bisexual, because you do the same thing with both men and women.
Heterosexual = opposite sex
Homosexual = same sex
Bisexual = both sexes"
I just said exactly the same thing to Buck. Though, not as well as you just did.

#775232 Aug 31, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a bot purchased by Topix.
I don't exist anywhere else.
Are you the upgraded version of the Lesbobot 5.1?

That was a cool bot, but the OS was faulty. Apparently, Microsoft released the Rugmuncher 2.1 patch, improving some fine technical points and giving a more polished product, allowing programs like StrapOn to function without a hitch.

Sadly, still incompatable with a joystick, last I heard.

Location hidden

#775233 Aug 31, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
You don't see "in an effort to shrinkage numbers and discredit it" as inherently faulty? How?
You're going about it all wrong. You're not looking at it fairly or impartially, you're judging it with an agenda, not with an open mind.
Sorry, but you're not looking at it fairly, or impartially. You're judging it with a confirmation bias, not an open mind.
That would be like saying "I'm researching the death of Michael Brown in an effort to discredit him and prove the cop was defending himself". That's inherently wrong, it would be better to say "I'm researching the death of Michael Brown for facts".
I've already reached a conclusion after many years of researching the facts, evidence, and arguments.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#775234 Aug 31, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't it be great if you could control what Christianity teaches?
He does control what Christianity teaches. He has children.

He also knows more about homosexuality than homosexuals.

He could be Jesus if he was black.

Location hidden

#775235 Aug 31, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I think people who call themselves intellectuals but are actually intellectuals are dumb.
What do you think about people who can't even post a proper sentence?
People they can't even post a proper sentence are most assuredly not intellectuals.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#775236 Aug 31, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the upgraded version of the Lesbobot 5.1?
That was a cool bot, but the OS was faulty. Apparently, Microsoft released the Rugmuncher 2.1 patch, improving some fine technical points and giving a more polished product, allowing programs like StrapOn to function without a hitch.
Sadly, still incompatable with a joystick, last I heard.
I could show you my BIOS but then I'd have to abort you.

Pressing the escape key will not help, btw.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#775237 Aug 31, 2014
atheism is destructive wrote:
I'm just sick and tired of my rights as a Christian being stripped from me
You have lost no rights except the "right" to impose state endorsed school prayer on unsuspecting children, the "right" to forbid women their reproductive freedom, the "right" to prevent loving gay couples from marrying, the "right" to inject your idiotic mythology into science textbooks and the like.

Here's what you're entitled to, whiner, and not a goddamned thing more: the right to pray and worship in your private spaces such as your homes and your churches.
atheism is destructive wrote:
I'm sick of people going to Hell because of these ignorant lying atheist tramps teaching them to go there.
Then blame your useless god and blame yourself. Blame your useless, absentee god for letting unbelievers make more convincing arguments than you Christians can, and then sending people to hell for being convinced.

And blame yourself for making such a poor argument and being such a poor example. Nobody wants a religion that could produce a person like you. You are living proof that the promise of an indwelling spirit bearing fruits and gifts for those with faith is a lie.

#775238 Aug 31, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I could show you my BIOS but then I'd have to abort you.
Pressing the escape key will not help, btw.
No problem. Ctrl-Z would do the job if the plug-and-play malfunctions

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#775239 Aug 31, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. Ctrl-Z would do the job if the plug-and-play malfunctions
kill -9 works as well, right Hukt?

Location hidden

#775240 Aug 31, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Your boys Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot all thought the same thing.
You are a true Militant Atheist.
IANS, Tide, River, Catch? Y'all just gonna let this bullshit slip by unnoticed? You won't correct the little girl?
I think I should applaud the little girl. Look at how you responded.

I doubt she was serious. I'm not sure about you.

Do you want me to treat these statements as an honest representation of your views?

Fennario

#775241 Aug 31, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
Maybe so but that is done and past. I was only trying to be friendly this morning, but I see you're wanting to carry on with that tone. Thanks for ruining it for me. I don't care what you see and carry on with yourself and that drama.
May I make a suggestion? Try being consistently friendly with those who you would like to return the good cheer. If you periodically strike out at people who haven't just attacked you personally, you can expect hostility in return even when you are in a good mood and being friendly. I haven't followed the history of your relationship with Juice closely, but she is obviously contemptuous of you for some previous behavior, and that contempt doesn't disappear just because you are friendly one morning.

Here's a good rule: don't attack the integrity and character of your collocutor just because you don't like a particular comment he or she makes about religion or any other topic. Expressing such sincerely held convictions is what Topix is for. Those who don't respect the right of others to express such opinions unmolested should expect to treated in kind.

Location hidden

#775242 Aug 31, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
You, after professing that a male-on-male sexual act is not a homosexual act.
It could be an act of self defense, or a paid acting job.

Fennario

#775243 Aug 31, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
"But but but, it's always God's fault, even though we say he doesn't exist." - most unbelievers Why not blame everything on him, instead of just taking responsibility or just accepting that sometimes life isn't fair.
No unbeliever is blaming Santa, Jesus, or the Easter bunny. And if you'll notice, our complaint isn't about life being unfair. It's about the Christian church and the damage it inflicts on the culture.
Joyful8118 wrote:
Life hasn't been fair for me but that's life. It isn't God's fault.
You, on the other hand, DO believe in a sky fairy, but are apparently afraid to hold it responsible for the things it has the power to control, and the bad things it has sat back and watched happen to you. What use is such a god, and why worship it? Do you not deserve more? Have you not faithful to it? Is it not able to make your life joyful? Could it not have sent better men into your life, or helped you to choose them more wisely, or made you more appealing to them? But it did none of those things for you. Your god obviously isn't there for you.

Why should unbelievers take your ethical judgments seriously when you are so quick to point the finger at humanity, which has limited vision and power, rather than a god that you consider omniscient and omnipotent?

Location hidden

#775244 Aug 31, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Lol, my post had nothing to do with your slanderous, attacking, bullying of me. I clearly said your baby whining tantrums, but I said nothing about it being toward me, did I? Nope. I told you already that nothing you say about me bothers me in any way. Your assessment of means nothing to or for me. Everyone who is honest and smart knows your BS about me and others here is nothing more than just that -BS. Boohoo. Poor IANS and his fellow unbelievers. That is almost all you do here is cry and throw tantrums.
Thanks for telling us, yet again, that his "slanderous, attacking, bullying" of you doesn't bother you in any way.

It doesn't bother me either. I think it's great.

Location hidden

#775245 Aug 31, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
That is an unsupportable claim.
Nobody ever killed anyone because they didn't believe in any gods.

To suggest otherwise is unsupportable.

Location hidden

#775246 Aug 31, 2014
River Tam wrote:
He has no idea what he's talking about and yet he keeps talking.
It's weird but that's R3.
He knows about Lowes.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#775247 Aug 31, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
May I make a suggestion? Try being consistently friendly with those who you would like to return the good cheer. If you periodically strike out at people who haven't just attacked you personally, you can expect hostility in return even when you are in a good mood and being friendly. I haven't followed the history of your relationship with Juice closely, but she is obviously contemptuous of you for some previous behavior, and that contempt doesn't disappear just because you are friendly one morning.
Here's a good rule: don't attack the integrity and character of your collocutor just because you don't like a particular comment he or she makes about religion or any other topic. Expressing such sincerely held convictions is what Topix is for. Those who don't respect the right of others to express such opinions unmolested should expect to treated in kind.
dirty for dirty

Location hidden

#775249 Aug 31, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
I just said exactly the same thing to Buck. Though, not as well as you just did.
Too bad Hiding isn't here, because she's an expert on this subject.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min NotSoDivineMsM 30,982
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min kent 687,235
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min David S Pumpkins 286,549
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 3 hr Jack Pitan 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr lil whispers 619,792
Topix is run by a bunch of GAY LOSERS 8 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 9 hr Doctor REALIUTY 6
More from around the web