Prove there's a god.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#775207 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
On what planet can a man give oral to another man and not be bi- or homosexual?!
(hint: that's a homosexual act)
That's like you having sex with a man but still call yourself a lesbian.
Ahhhhhh...... Nope.
Really? I didn't know that I was homosexual for doing that.

Thanks for telling me.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#775208 Aug 30, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
An open mind is no more or less than one that is willing and able to evaluate new information impartially. It means that you are willing to be convinced by a compelling argument. A closed mind is the opposite.
I have considered your arguments impartially and rejected them. You simply keep insisting that you are correct, that I am incorrect, and because I have never agreed with you, that my mind is closed.
In the matter of Christian homophobia, I have claimed that homophobia is a very real phenomenon, and that in America, its principle or only source is the Christian church. You have countered that Christianity does not teach homophobia, but rather that gay sex is sinful, that not all congregations teach that, and that not all Christians are homophobic. That's not a rebuttal of my claim - it supports it, in fact - and not surprisingly, I haven't vacated my position.
You are frustrated and angered that your answer has had no effect, and so call me closed-minded. You are incorrect. An open mind is not defined by why it concludes, but by how it reaches those conclusions - rationally - and how it treats its conclusions - provisionally.
Most of it IS caused by what the Bible says - no doubt about it. Why do you think they used to call them sodomy laws? Exactly right.

Personally, I would like to see all homophobia vanish with a poof!

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#775209 Aug 30, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the girls putting the rubbers on? Are you saying the women are sl*ts but don't even mention the guys? It takes two to do that tango. The birth control is for BOTH girls and guys. If the girls are sl*ts the guys are man wh*res.
Now that's a very good point, there.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#775210 Aug 30, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I didn't know that I was homosexual for doing that.
Thanks for telling me.
He has no idea what he's talking about and yet he keeps talking.

It's weird but that's R3.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#775211 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
Nope. I had more opportunity than most.
Did your parents encourage you to get a college degree? Did they teach you to respect reason and evidence over faith?
I have no idea how life would have turned out without that huge advantage. College was assumed for me, and medical school strongly recommended. I wanted to be an art major. Without all of the assets I was born into - mid-20th century America and a good home - I doubt that I'd have chosen the path I did. One could argue that I didn't choose it.
Nobody does choose their path, really. Not when they're young anyway.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#775212 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Nativity scenes at Christmas are bitched about by atheists. What other religion would you expect to celebrate on a Christian holiday?
No.
You can put up all the nativity scenes you want. On private property.
If the property is owned or paid for by the public (i.e. taxpayers - everyone), you may not.

Fair enough. Why should, say,_I_ be forced to pay for your religious displays?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#775213 Aug 30, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You are free to remain as ignorant as you want. Stilgar's god bestowed upon you Teh Free Will. Use it wisely.
I'm almost convinced that you're Patton Oswalt. It's not just your physical stature that leads me to believe that. You only seem to show up here after Patton has had another major melt down on Twitter.
At any rate, I absolutely loved you on Justified. You're a funny little dude. In fact, Mia and I were laughing like Kookaburras at your earlier posts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =S0ZbykXlg6QXX
You hear them early in the morning here, totally cracking up. Esp out in the bush, where one ate a piece of steak from my hand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#775214 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
Did the post above at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... get censored by Topix? I'm suspicious that it did because it's one of very few posts without judgits.
So much for being honest about your upbringing...It may not be the best policy on here.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#775215 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
I doubt that anybody can forget that. Here's TLeary (Henry H to his friends) grieving the loss of his son Harrison, followed by Loblah's touching reminder that the boy is dead, and being dismissive of his father's grief
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
And here's the link of his son playing electric guitar like his father. Harrison was still alive when he shared it with us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UBEa5PvsvxYXX
Henry died a few months later.
What a total prick! Bob the slob will not be forgotten, then.

The boy had quite a bit of talent, sad.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#775216 Aug 30, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/5iqUtcM.jpg
Blowing the profit...or was that prophet?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#775217 Aug 30, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>The right, of course, to throw stones at people.
Or, if possible, set fire to them.
Or (as a distant third), at the very least have them behave in public the way his cult orders.
There is that, Mac.
:-(

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#775218 Aug 30, 2014
He's a funny guy, and I totally agree with his complaint about "the N word," which I have been reduced to using myself here on Topix. I thought that the entire word was much more what I was looking for in that post.
Here's something back in return for the gift:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Lv2qLOiioPcXX
Satan's dog is supposed to have three heads. Maybe it's a theme?

He might have a whole bag of dicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#775219 Aug 31, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He has no idea what he's talking about and yet he keeps talking.
It's weird but that's R3.
Yep!
:-)

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#775220 Aug 31, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan's dog is supposed to have three heads. Maybe it's a theme?
He might have a whole bag of dicks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OT7xc_XqYO8XX
"I've never seen a penis that has inspired me to suck it." ~Louis C.K.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#775221 Aug 31, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
"I've never seen a penis that has inspired me to suck it." ~Louis C.K.
Here I come.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#775222 Aug 31, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of it IS caused by what the Bible says - no doubt about it. Why do you think they used to call them sodomy laws? Exactly right.
Personally, I would like to see all homophobia vanish with a poof!
G'day, Rosa

My sentiments exactly. I did enjoy the pun, whether it was intended or not

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#775223 Aug 31, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Here I come.
I'll let Louis know you're on your way.

#775224 Aug 31, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
--The historical record of killing for atheism is 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity's worst year.
--There is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules.
--Atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them.
Hahahahahaha!!

Goodness, Buck. I would have asked for a source, but I fear you may be too embarassed to provide one.

Carry on.

#775225 Aug 31, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll let Louis know you're on your way.
Hi Tam

I never get tired of your posts. Are you this quick-witted in the flesh world?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#775226 Aug 31, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
"Act" is the key word of this particular debate. Let me reword your sentence to fit in with the discussion of the difference between homosexual and a homosexual act.
"For three minutes and twenty three seconds this morning, I was engaged in a heterosexual act."
It's not about being homosexual or heterosexual, it's about the particular act and whether or not it's heterosexual or homosexual.
It's clear that you think sexual behavior dictates sexual orientation. It's actually sexual orientation that usually dictates sexual behavior, under most circumstances. People engage in sexual behavior against their sexual orientation for all kinds of reasons.

I disagree with your usage of "homosexual act" and "heterosexual act". I think it's inappropriate and unnecessary. Using these high profile labels for sexual crimes against children has the potential to cause additional harm to the victims. For that reason alone, it's inexcusable.

If a bigoted lizard could talk, he might call child molestation a mammalian act, in order to tie mammals to child molestation. That's a category error. You should always use the narrowest category when you're labeling something so that your label is relevant and to avoid miscommunication, if you care about those things.

I also find that your understanding of sexual identity and orientation in the context of American culture is juvenile. These things are cultural constructs. As most people in America understand and adopt these constructs, behavior does not dictate orientation. Orientation does not even dictate identity. Many people who have a bisexual orientation live as straight or gay people. This is quite common for married women.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

"Absolutely wrong.

Homosexual men perform homosexual acts, bisexual men perform homosexual acts.

Heterosexual men do not perform homosexual acts."

"On what planet can a man give oral to another man and not be bi- or homosexual?!

(hint: that's a homosexual act)

That's like you having sex with a man but still call yourself a lesbian.

Ahhhhhh...... Nope."

"A man giving another man any type of sexual activity is a homosexual act. Heterosexuals do not perform homosexual acts.

If you perform any kind of sexual activity on a man, you aren't a lesbian anymore. You would be bisexual, because you do the same thing with both men and women.

Heterosexual = opposite sex

Homosexual = same sex

Bisexual = both sexes"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the most forbidden sex you have had ? (Nov '16) 26 min StefH 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 41 min Maria 26,450
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr PadMark 685,771
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 3 hr Johnny 12
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 3 hr Johnny 31
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Jake999 6,449
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 3 hr Johnny 70
More from around the web