Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#775110 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:

I fail to understand why you'd use Ancient Greece as a good example of a culture not having homophobia.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
One theory posits that it is because I am not an authority on the subject. Are you saying that no such culture exists or existed, or that I can't name it?
I explained it. It was in the bulk of the post that you either ignored or didn't understand. Either way, all you responded to was the very last sentence, the sentence after the explanation.

Why did you do that?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#775111 Aug 30, 2014
Have I told you yet how comforting it is to have you on my side?
No. Tell me all about it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#775112 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:

If it's an adult male with an under aged male, it's a homosexual act.
If it's an adult male with an under aged female, it's a heterosexual act.
What part of this is hard for you to understand?
Guy + guy = homosexual
Guy + girl = heterosexual
It's really that simple.
Tide with Beach wrote:
Incorrect.
Sexual identity/orientation is based on identity and orientation, not behavior.
Because of this someone can say, "I am heterosexual.", instead of saying, "For three minutes and twenty three seconds this morning, I was heterosexual."
I offer this, not to help you understand, because I have no expectation of that. This is to illustrate, when you don't understand, that you should have been able to, but something prevented it.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
"Act" is the key word of this particular debate. Let me reword your sentence to fit in with the discussion of the difference between homosexual and a homosexual act.

"For three minutes and twenty three seconds this morning, I was engaged in a heterosexual act."

It's not about being homosexual or heterosexual, it's about the particular act and whether or not it's heterosexual or homosexual.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#775113 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:

I've asked you several times, many times actually, to give me Christianity's doctine on homophobia.
You gave it yourself: it's sin. Do you know what that implies to Christians?
Yes it is a sin, right along with adultery and stealing and lying and sex outside of marriage and sex with an animal and sex in an orgy, etc. They're all sins.

But just because Christianity teaches that homosexual activity is a sin does not mean Christianity also teaches an aversion to homosexuals. It's some Christians choose that path, that's their fault and that's their ignorance. It's not what Christianity teaches them. Therefore, it's not a doctrine of Christianity, it's a misunderstanding of some Christians.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#775114 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
You want to judge Christianity's faults "in an effort to shrink it's numbers and discredit it".
Yes, but you lest out the steps that connect them.
You don't see "in an effort to shrinkage numbers and discredit it" as inherently faulty? How?

You're going about it all wrong. You're not looking at it fairly or impartially, you're judging it with an agenda, not with an open mind.

That would be like saying "I'm researching the death of Michael Brown in an effort to discredit him and prove the cop was defending himself". That's inherently wrong, it would be better to say "I'm researching the death of Michael Brown for facts".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#775115 Aug 30, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
Do you really think that intellectuals are dumb?
If so, why?
I think people who call themselves intellectuals but are actually intellectuals are dumb.

People they can't even post a proper sentence are most assuredly not intellectuals.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#775116 Aug 30, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
See, the Redneck was born with good mind, he had potential.
But his mind was pickled by early religious indoctrination.
And he is likely permanently damaged and cannot be rescued.
Tell me more about my early religious indoctrination.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#775117 Aug 30, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Your buddy the Redneck dropped out at about the same time I think.
Pdpod peas, you two.
You think? You used to know. What happened?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#775118 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
How about if you criticize Obama you're a racist?

Or if you aren't for same-sex marriage, you hate gays?

Or if you call Pelosi a loon, your aiding the war on women?

Or if you're not willing to pay for every slut in college to have free rubbers and birth-control pills, you're also helping the war on women?

And on and on and on....
curiouslu wrote:
The above is the case when one addresses you simply because you are the poster boy for a typical racist, misogynistic, homophobic christian male.
Haha see?

Thanks for confirming it.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#775120 Aug 30, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Militant aborters?
OK, here's some. We can start with NBC, ABC, CBS, and CNN who refused to cover the murder trial of militant aborter Dr. Kermit Gosnell, who "terminated pregnancies", and then placed the "pregnacy" on a table and severed the "pregnancy's" spine with a pair of scissors while the "pregnancy" was kicking.
That's a start. Want more?
That's some funny stuff to you, huh?
Why would that be funny to me? Have you consulted 10 dentists?

R3 will scold you if you lump all doctors together because a few of them broke the law.

Oh yeah, what makes his actions militant?

“What game?”

Location hidden

#775121 Aug 30, 2014
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Rare to see anyone say it outright. Of course most of these same clowns will say with a straight face all deserve equal treatment under the law.
Woe is you.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#775122 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Yep. Logic is a real stinker, ain't it?
Who told you that?

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#775123 Aug 30, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I do not rule out the possibility that no god exists. At times I even lean toward that possibility.
There is evidence that a god does exist. Nobody "knows". So we are left with each having to weigh the likelihood of each alternative within our own view of the world, and seek whichever conclusion meshes with our sense of things.
My sense of things is that our world has an imprint of something greater and more rational than the material itself, and that the Source is the source of rationality and laws. That doesn't mean it is an intervening, atoning power. It can be viewed as part of the matrix.
We are parts of something. A big picture. Connected.
Buck your Dave is showing..better pull your pants up a little.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#775124 Aug 30, 2014
I've told you several times what that message is, and you have promulgated it yourself.
It Aint Necessarily So wrote: "It's amazing to me how blind you are to this phenomenon and Christianity's role in creating it in Western culture. Who in these threads is calling homosexuality a sin - an abomination to a perfect god?"
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote: "I am, and so are many others. BUT - I'm also calling adultery and theft an abomination to God. Do you think Christians are to blame for the guilt of cheating on a spouse or the punishment for taking something that doesn't belong to you?"
You learned that from the church. That's the message, and you remain blind to it even though you serve as a vector for it.
If my argument depends on you ever seeing that, then I'm going to be hearing you ask "What teaching?" for months or years, with you calling me a bigot and Christian hater for seeing and reporting it myself. Sorry, but it there, and very plain to see if you aren't wearing Christian confirmation bias goggles. I can't make you see what they refuse to show you.
It is not essential to the argument that the Christian church is the principle or sole source of American homophobia that every preacher be preaching overt homophobia or that every congregant be overtly homophobic. It is only necessary that homophobia exist, and that it be principally or exclusively the fruit of Christians whose worldview condemns homosexual acts as sin in the eyes of a punitive god.
And when I make the argument, what do I get in return (paraphrasing)? "Well, it is sin, but that's not a homophobic message. Besides, some congregations are gay friendly, and you are a closed-minded bigot that won't even consider my evidence. Plus, your evidence is just the words of a few guys"
Yes, I've considered your evidence, which is also just the words of a few guys, but it isn't evidence that I'm wrong. No number of gay-friendly citations refutes the claim that Christian homophobia is also being taught by an ideology that considers homosexuality an abomination, just as no number of citations from Buck of atheism being called the positive rejection of gods refutes the claim that the word has another definition and can be used in another way.
Proverbs 6:
"There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to Him:

haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community."

Galatians:
"Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Proverbs:
"My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding."

John:
"Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him"

THAT is Christianity's message. There's no talk of hating anyone for any sin, not even homosexuals as you claim.

I want you to understand the difference between "Christianity's message" and "the message of a Christian". Can you?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#775125 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>

People they can't even post a proper sentence are most assuredly not intellectuals.
Correct. You are not an intellectual. You confirm it every day, but this post has sealed the deal.

"People they can't even..."

Sheez.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#775126 Aug 30, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
"But but but, it's always God's fault, even though we say he doesn't exist." - most unbelievers Why not blame everything on him, instead of just taking responsibility or just accepting that sometimes life isn't fair. Life hasn't been fair for me but that's life. It isn't God's fault.
Only a nitwit would be unable to understand how it is not possible to discuss a concept without invoking it and that the invocation is not tacit acceptance of its existence. Liars for Jesus are everywhere.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#775127 Aug 30, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
You haven't helped me out at all with the question, "What begat the laws of physics".
This was my answer: "My money is on an eternal, unconscious mother substance that generates universes of every possible stripe in very large numbers, but I don't know. What are the other possibilities? A conscious god or gods, and nothing at all. They each seem much less likely for different reasons."
Buck Crick wrote:
Seems you only wish to rule out one thing - a creating intelligence.
I didn't rule it out. I called is less likely than an unconscious alternative.
Buck Crick wrote:
Even though the begotten laws reflect rationality - a product of mind.
Yes, the mind that can calls reality rational. No designing mind is required. That's like saying that snowflake architecture reflect beauty, a product of mind. Yes, a mind to experience it as beautiful, not one to design it.
Buck Crick wrote:
The laws of physics, being the most refined expression of rational intelligibility, are the fundamental rules on which nature runs, and the running is of the most elegant mathematical relationships,...but,... Once we trace, by reason, all the begatting down to bedrock, then we rule out reason? And turn to what - meaningless random events?
Meaning is also a product of mind.

And purposeless is not the same as random. The workings of the universe appear to function without purpose, but they are directed by forces that counter randomness. Where once chunks of matter were moving about chaotically there now is a single, spherical body, a planet, with stratification of its ingredients and uniformity of motion. That didn't happen randomly. Gravity puled the pieces together.
Buck Crick wrote:
Or, as you suggest, an external agency you call "mother substance". So, you are saying the laws of physics are the source of events within the universe, but the laws themselves rely on an external agency. Hmmmm....
I also said "but I don't know." I can't explain reality. I can't explain why there is something rather than nothing, or why the something is the way it is.

Am I correct that you by asking questions until we reach an "I don't know" point is to imply that a conscious, intelligent creator must be or very likely is the answer? If so, I think you need to continue the process and ask where it came from, what laws govern its ability to live indefinitely, to remain an intact entity with memories that doesn't morph or fade, to create and manipulate other substances, etc.. Where did all of that come from?

Or, if you don't care to, feel free to fill out a special pleading application, and we'll excuse this god from the same requirement you have for reality. We can then say "goddidit" in place of "I don't know," which, of course, would serve the same using an unsubstantiated guess.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#775128 Aug 30, 2014
atheism is destructive wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm saved big time. I'm just sick and tired of my rights as a Christian being stripped from me and I'm sick of people going to Hell because of these ignorant lying atheist tramps teaching them to go there.
Specifically, which rights have you lost?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#775129 Aug 30, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
The weather's great in hell and no christians is even better, although I am looking forward to the clergy arriving. Torturing them will be such fun!
You better get used to it dude, christians don't deserve to have rights and soon, the whole world will know it.
http://i.imgur.com/8qRCzzK.jpg
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
curiouslu wrote:
christians don't deserve to have rights
Your boys Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot all thought the same thing.

You are a true Militant Atheist.

IANS, Tide, River, Catch? Y'all just gonna let this bullshit slip by unnoticed? You won't correct the little girl?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#775130 Aug 30, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Who told you that?
You, after professing that a male-on-male sexual act is not a homosexual act.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Pegasus 286,068
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min New Age Spiritual... 667,892
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Rider on the Storm 92,687
Does anyone know Mr D that worked at LaSalle Sc... (Apr '10) 40 min Peter 116
Do you find the word "Libtard" offensive? (Aug '09) 1 hr AMT 25
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Sky Writer 31 183,627
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 2 hr Democrat Hero 59
More from around the web