“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#774297 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>It's either atheism or memeism.

You choose.
I choose:

No religion (tick)

It's on legal forms here, no religion.

School enrolment forms even, no religion, no religious instruction.

I love the civilised world, banana?

http://i.imgur.com/mNe8WYq.jpg

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#774298 Aug 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very easy and natural.
Read some of Wordsworth's poetry.
William Wordsworth? You do know he was a transcendentalists, but still a Christian? You can be a Christian and not be religions and that is exactly what he was. A non-religious Christian who believed in God. By all means he was not an atheist..So how does this tie into so called atheist spirituality now?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#774299 Aug 27, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
We are still waiting for you to define reason, or are you held to a different standard?
Why are you waiting for that? What is the context? And why do you request my personal wording?

“I love Jesus”

#774300 Aug 27, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs are bad for you.
Yep
You should not first hand.. Are you still a troubled teen in a group home?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#774301 Aug 27, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Pffffffffffffffffff
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Like that?
The dead are dancing that will be my top no.1 choice of theee Halloween this year for me...I want to blast it like you don't even know...
Ok be safe...or and AND nor...have fun
laters
Halloween's gonna be so much better this year.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#774302 Aug 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Just returned from a memorial service for my secretary, who died August 19 at age 44. She was diagnosed with stage 4 very aggressive cancer, given two months to live. She died almost exactly two months later. Leaves behind two daughters, 16 and 14. She was a wonderful person and a great secretary. I'll miss her.
One more reason why I find it impossible to believe there's a god out there somewhere.
Sorry for your loss, my man. Death is never an easy thing to deal with.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#774303 Aug 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Just returned from a memorial service for my secretary, who died August 19 at age 44. She was diagnosed with stage 4 very aggressive cancer, given two months to live. She died almost exactly two months later. Leaves behind two daughters, 16 and 14. She was a wonderful person and a great secretary. I'll miss her.
One more reason why I find it impossible to believe there's a god out there somewhere.
My condolences, Catcher. And profoundest sympathy for the family.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#774304 Aug 27, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
Chapters 18 and 20 of Leviticus, which form part of the Holiness code and list prohibited forms of intercourse, contain the following verses:
"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."
The two verses have historically been interpreted by Jews and Christians as clear blanket prohibitions against homosexual acts.
It seems you're interpreting them the same way as the Christians and Jews you mentioned, incorrectly. The words themselves are correct, but the people those laws pertain to do not pertain to Christians. Those are Levitical laws. Guess who they are intended for?

The Bible says elsewhere that homosexuality is an abomination. But right next to homosexuality is adultery and promiscuity (assuming both refer to heterosexual acts).

By your logic (ahem), God "wants to kill" everyone.

You make no sense.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#774305 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to rethink and possibly rewrite your original thought on the matter.
"just imagine what it's like to observe the believers and followers of an ancient myth who think that human sacrifice is a proof of a deities love..."
I gave you three biblical(chosen from out of several more available) verses that say the opposite of what you assert. It says it in black and white in your bible.

I sure didn't write it.

I don't need to rewrite a thing, as a matter of fact, I find that it's Christians who are "rewriting" or trying to reinterpret what is found in that bible, and oft times wish they could edit out many parts.
I'll give you a hint on why that's nuts, m'kay punkin? Jesus is God, He's not human.
So the Jesus! wasn't human.

Not much of a sacrifice, was it.

What kind on a sacrifice is it for a deity to sacrifice itself to itself when it wasn't a sacrifice at all?

None.
Oh but there's more!
The bonus round!!
"...and that your own death is a guarantee of eternal life..."
There's no guarantee. Our actions, our free will choices, enforce no guarantee.
So, there's no guarantee - and - all of it hinges on belief.

Genius.

hahahaaa

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#774306 Aug 27, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
And most kids are molested by family members or close friends. You cant trust your kids with any one. Specially the ones closest to them.
You're damn right. It's scary stuff.

What the hell happened?!

Oh yeah, praise to God is being slowly removed from people's minds.

Carrion.

“I love Jesus”

#774307 Aug 27, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Your worldview is limited by your indoctrination.
There are Liberal Atheists, Conservative Atheists, Pro-choice Atheists, Anti-choice Atheists, Skeptical Atheists, non Skeptical Atheists, Open Carry Atheists, Gun Control Atheists.
Atheism is the rejection of the ideas of Gods because of the lack of supporting evidence. All the other issues are not related to Atheism. Secular Humanism has a more defined set of morality.
Spirituality is not defined by the narrow-minded views of Christianity. There are atheists that believe in souls and an afterlife. Spiritual is not, however, limited to the non-demonstrable supernatural. In fact, the confirmation bias you apply to the spiritual feeling you get when you pray or think of Jesus, or whatever, is no different than the feeling someone gets from a moving song, book, movie, poem, or piece of artwork. The mass hysteria of a group setting, like church or a concert hall, amplifies the feelings. A musical spiritual experience is just as valid as one that you have concocted from your culturally-conditioned, dogmatic beliefs.
The term spiritual,is purposefully vague, and like god belief, is profoundly personal. Staring at a baby and feeling warm feelings is no less valid for an atheist than it is for a theist. That you can't understand this is a direct indictment of your indoctrination.
Seems to me your world view is the one that is limited and narrow minded. An open minded person can see the world beyond them and are open to the possibilities. A closed minded person does not believe in anything higher than them and is closed to any other possibility except their own conclusion.

I have yet to met an atheist that believes in souls and an afterlife; that contradicts everything they claim.

You said, "There are atheists that believe in souls and an afterlife. Spiritual is not, however, limited to the non-demonstrable supernatural." Can you explain how a person can be atheist but believe in an afterlife?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#774308 Aug 27, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Hiding is not as smart as she and you think she is. She has a lot of rote-learned anthropology and draws from it some very unintelligent conclusions. She is also steeped in a lot of ridiculous progressive ideology.
I couldn't disagree more.

Your comment about "rote-learned anthropology" doesn't flatter you. Her field is a cooperative effort, and she is engaged in a centuries long dialogue that has generated a body of knowledge, some firmly established and accepted by most, some less settled.

I can tell you what we call a practicing physician who significantly violates best professional standards and practices: quack and defendant.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#774309 Aug 27, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
Halloween's gonna be so much better this year.
I can't wait to wish everyone a Happy Holiday on that particular holiday.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#774310 Aug 27, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
I choose:
No religion (tick)
It's on legal forms here, no religion.
School enrolment forms even, no religion, no religious instruction.
I love the civilised world, banana?
A definition of religion:

A pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.

Atheism is your religion, based on your fervent love and defense of it.

“I love Jesus”

#774311 Aug 27, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Sewage doesn't go right out into a river.
Your church has a violent, sordid history. Yes the crime of molestation occurs everywhere, but, it is the RICO-style cover up that paints your church as evil.
What was your favorite wrestling move at the CYO?
A. The Half Nelson
B. The Full Nelson
C. The Father Nelson
You tactic of pretending that others are angry because they point out the immoral acts of your vile church,a church that is being abandoned in droves in First World nations, is as ridiculous as your vile attitude.
I read this in the paper this morning: New York City has a priest shortage. So you see, there is some good news in the world.... To give you an idea how bad it is, earlier today in Brooklyn an alter boy had to grope himself.
I live on the Ohio River and yes, sewage does go right into the river.

Yes, the Catholic Church covers up molestation, but that is not EVERY church or my church and I doubt it is" the church" most of the posters here even attend. However, many lawyers molest children and they know how to get out of it. Doctors and Dentist molest and they also have the money to cover it up.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Millions-of-...

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#774312 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait to wish everyone a Happy Holiday on that particular holiday.
I'm sure you can't, Goob.

But I'm also sure no one really care.

Caught up on 2 Peter yet?

“I love Jesus”

#774313 Aug 27, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever wish, I mean.. prey, that you could go to church every day?
I thought only ones who "prey" on this forum were atheist? I do not attend church services. However, when I pray, it is not about attending church more often either.

You seem to have a homophone problem. Just saying prey and pray are not the same..lol

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#774314 Aug 27, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>I gave you three biblical(chosen from out of several more available) verses that say the opposite of what you assert. It says it in black and white in your bible.

I sure didn't write it.

I don't need to rewrite a thing, as a matter of fact, I find that it's Christians who are "rewriting" or trying to reinterpret what is found in that bible, and oft times wish they could edit out many parts.

[QUOTE]I'll give you a hint on why that's nuts, m'kay punkin? Jesus is God, He's not human."

So the Jesus! wasn't human.

Not much of a sacrifice, was it.

What kind on a sacrifice is it for a deity to sacrifice itself to itself when it wasn't a sacrifice at all?

None.
[QUOTE]Oh but there's more!
The bonus round!!
"...and that your own death is a guarantee of eternal life..."
There's no guarantee. Our actions, our free will choices, enforce no guarantee. "

So, there's no guarantee - and - all of it hinges on belief.

Genius.

hahahaaa
But scar, christians don't believe in human sacrifice.

They believe the jesus! character was sacrificed for their "sins".

Nailed to a cross, he looked human, allegedly.

Um, yeah.

“I love Jesus”

#774315 Aug 27, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you can still post when you scroll.
You're welcome.
Which god?
You are not just scrolling, in fact, you must read every post because you reply almost all of them.... Oh and My God :)

“I love Jesus”

#774316 Aug 27, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Which correct punctuation!
Check every post you make beginning with this one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Qu_innocence 608,156
Activist Cindy Sheehan Arrested in House Chambe... (Feb '06) 4 min Responsibility 15
Moses never existed 12 min Khatru 1,281
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min AN NFL FAN 121,328
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min Liam 573,872
LAPD shoot homeless man after altercation 1 hr Poov 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr dduttonnc 97,879
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 268,862
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 12 hr Jack 18
More from around the web