Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#775076 Aug 30, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
Did your second miracle involve a gay beauty pageant? I'm not saying that andet didn't deserve it or anything. I don't know the guy.
That is the weirdest post he leaves from time to time outlining his gifts from his god; gold, eternal beauty and youth, high school awards and applause from his parents. Oh, and tightness. He sounds like a character from Greek mythology.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#775077 Aug 30, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe so but that is done and past.
I was only trying to be friendly this morning, but I see you're wanting to carry on with that tone.
Thanks for ruining it for me.
I don't care what you see and carry on with yourself and that drama.
It may be in the past but forgiveness from your imaginary friend won't all of a sudden make us friends and make me friendly.

No worries, am happy to return ruins of the only thread I bother to post in anymore.

Find someone who gives a damn to troll.

http://i.imgur.com/pg60K1t.jpg

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#775078 Aug 30, 2014
Oddly enough, you were a better person when you were Luciferr.

Fennario

#775079 Aug 30, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Don't know if IANS got 'the warning' when he originally submitted his post... and this is sorta beside that point... but I've had it (the warning) presented to me because of something in the post being responded to and had to edit the quoted text before I could reply. Talk about a WTF moment...
Yes, I got the warning, so I changed the spelling of "the N word" by replacing one "g" with a "6," hit reply again to get a fresh start with a new captcha, and resubmitted it. There was no repeat warning, so I thought I was good.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#775080 Aug 30, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
Oddly enough, you were a better person when you were Luciferr.
Coincidentally enough, your opinion of me, whom you haven't a clue about, despite your loathsome attempts, means less than maggots on sh!t.

http://i.imgur.com/tu7XGtU.jpg

Fennario

#775081 Aug 30, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a funny guy, and I totally agree with his complaint about "the N word," which I have been reduced to using myself here on Topix. I thought that the entire word was much more what I was looking for in that post.
Here's something back in return for the gift:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Lv2qLOiioPcXX
This time, my YouTube link didn't get a graphic (which contained a profanity in the title), so I'm suspicious that that post didn't appear.

Topix: keeping the world safe from unfettered expression.

Location hidden

#775082 Aug 30, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be in the past but forgiveness from your imaginary friend won't all of a sudden make us friends and make me friendly.
No worries, am happy to return ruins of the only thread I bother to post in anymore.
Find someone who gives a damn to troll.
http://i.imgur.com/pg60K1t.jpg
Uh, Okay

Location hidden

#775083 Aug 30, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Coincidentally enough, your opinion of me, whom you haven't a clue about, despite your loathsome attempts, means less than maggots on sh!t.
http://i.imgur.com/tu7XGtU.jpg
Whatever it was that I done to hurt your feelings so bad, I (A)pologize.
Seriously, maybe that'll help you move on..

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#775084 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>This time, my YouTube link didn't get a graphic (which contained a profanity in the title), so I'm suspicious that that post didn't appear.

Topix: keeping the world safe from unfettered expression.
It appeared.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#775085 Aug 30, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
9 out of 10 dentists surveyed say you are a moron.
Are you one of them, Buck?
:)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#775086 Aug 30, 2014
dirty white boy- wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever it was that I done to hurt your feelings so bad, I (A)pologize.
Seriously, maybe that'll help you move on..
No need, when it comes to you, I have no feelings. Cold blooded as can be and that's a crappy excuse for an apology anyway.

Does "moving on" consist of me talking to you like you matter? Feel free to hold your breath while you wait for that miracle.

http://i.imgur.com/u0RpGlF.jpg

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#775087 Aug 30, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no proof that a god exists, but still you believe one does.
Do you rule out the possibility that one doesn't?
No, I do not rule out the possibility that no god exists. At times I even lean toward that possibility.

There is evidence that a god does exist. Nobody "knows". So we are left with each having to weigh the likelihood of each alternative within our own view of the world, and seek whichever conclusion meshes with our sense of things.

My sense of things is that our world has an imprint of something greater and more rational than the material itself, and that the Source is the source of rationality and laws. That doesn't mean it is an intervening, atoning power. It can be viewed as part of the matrix.

We are parts of something. A big picture. Connected.

Location hidden

#775088 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
That is your need. I just need to go on enjoying life while you gnash your teeth through this, the only life either of will ever know. You're in hell now.
I have lived many lives.

"Genius is experience. Some seem to think that it is a gift or talent, but it is the fruit of long experience in many lives".

-Henry Ford

Location hidden

#775089 Aug 30, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say "dirt and dust" are the same.
I said that another name for dirt, is dust from the ground.
Have you ever dusted bookshelf or breathed in dried earth dust on a windy day?
It's dirt.
Evolved from dirt, were made from dirt by magic. What's the difference at this point?
We are here and with any luck, the sun will explode soon and we won't be.
Maybe dinosaurs will come back and write plays about monotheistic bicycles.
You did say they are the same thing.

You just said it again.

Location hidden

#775090 Aug 30, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be the best dumbass that I've seen here.
Please regale us with Teh Militant Aborters BS.
I can't wait for this one.
Militant aborters?

OK, here's some. We can start with NBC, ABC, CBS, and CNN who refused to cover the murder trial of militant aborter Dr. Kermit Gosnell, who "terminated pregnancies", and then placed the "pregnacy" on a table and severed the "pregnancy's" spine with a pair of scissors while the "pregnancy" was kicking.

That's a start. Want more?

That's some funny stuff to you, huh?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#775091 Aug 30, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>You did say they are the same thing.

You just said it again.
Dust is the same as dirt.

There, now I've actually said it.

You are the typical result of a society mired in fantastical bull dust.

See, in the case of bull dust, dust can be the same thing as sh!t.

Dismissed.

Location hidden

#775092 Aug 30, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
No need, when it comes to you, I have no feelings. Cold blooded as can be and that's a crappy excuse for an apology anyway.
Does "moving on" consist of me talking to you like you matter? Feel free to hold your breath while you wait for that miracle.
http://i.imgur.com/u0RpGlF.jpg
Yeah, Okay doc, whatever.

Location hidden

#775093 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Few of us actually call all gods impossible. And while atheists reject all god claims, and many would word that as not believing in any god, I don't recall any of us saying that we believe that there are any gods. Not believing is not the same as believing not.
While there's no harm in saying that one believes there are no gods, there is no need, either. It's enough to say that you don't expect to ever encounter any gods in life or death.
And as you say, our agnosticism for gods in general is not experienced as psychological doubt, but is merely understood intellectually - philosophical doubt
And yes, the Christians went too far in their description of their god, and unfortunately for them, wrote it down. Such a god is easily ruled out while the Aztec and Celtic gods, for example, might not be. It is for that reason that one can claim to be agnostic about gods in general, but to know for certain about a few specific gods, like Yahwey. No way.
Buck has an interesting take on all of this. To him, an atheist must assert that he believes that there are no gods to be an atheist. Also, he says that just because a god is logically impossible doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just that the description of it is wrong.
You do me an injustice, Sir.

That's not at all my take.

I don't say that an atheist "must assert" anything. I say that an atheist believes no god exists, or he is not an atheist. Some will flatly refuse to assert it, but nevertheless, believe it.

I conclude you and tmn are examples. You both contend that your declining to claim certain knowledge of gods nonexistence exempts you from the charge of believing the nonexistence. This is not true. The belief shows up in your elaboration of your view.

On the logical impossibility of a god, you did not offer such logic. Your offered logic was that if a description of qualities of a particular god are contradictory, that god cannot exist.

This is also not true, and not logical.

Location hidden

#775096 Aug 30, 2014
Stuart Cudahy wrote:
Reason and the great science promises. What if it does not? Teach me about the infinite, within this moment.this walk this making this place. Tell me. Stu
Physical reality rules out infinity.

Location hidden

#775097 Aug 30, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
The weather's great in hell and no christians is even better, although I am looking forward to the clergy arriving. Torturing them will be such fun!
You better get used to it dude, christians don't deserve to have rights and soon, the whole world will know it.
http://i.imgur.com/8qRCzzK.jpg
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Christians don't deserve rights?

You must be so proud of Stalin and Hitler.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 70,772
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 658,669
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 24 min JohnInLa 44
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 33 min Peter Ross 445,532
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 54 min Internet Reality 45,610
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Johnny 5,005
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 282,973
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 2 hr BadMan 97
More from around the web