<quoted text>
You write:
angry atheists
anger filled atheists
angry atheists
anger of a mentally deranged up atheists
ugly despicable atheists
irritating atheists
All those above taken from your little rant.
Whoa, that’s one big hissy fit. Do you always do that when you don’t get your way?
“You can’t display the 10 commandments in public buildings.”
Why do you have the need to brand all your government buildings? Is it like you’re trying to say,“This building is only for Christians.”
“You can’t pray in public.”
Why would you want to? Didn't Jesus say to pray in private, in your own room?
That “Bless you” is just an anomaly, 99.9999 percent of people could care less. It was someone being stupid.
Regarding the pledge of allegiance, and coins and paper money, again I say, why the hell do you people insist on putting your religious stamp on everything….it’s in your face proselytizing. Stop it…just stop it.
Did you know that in the list of popular religions,“none” is in 3rd. place?
Christianity 2.2 +- billion
Islam 1.9 +- billion
None’s 1 +- billion
Hindu’s 900,000+-
The problem atheists have is exceptionally bad p.r.
Most people grow up remembering their childhood fondly. Simpler happier carefree times
People fight to save the house on the other side of town that they walked by as a child even though its a wreck deserving demolition because its a fond memory.
People grew up with a nativity on the village green,now busybodies from 1000 miles away threaten that town with a lawsuit if the local government puts up the nativity on the town owned green.
People are not fond of outsiders dictating to them something contrary to what the majority is desirous of. To summarize and simplify things ,the public persona of an atheist is someone who comes to your house and pisses in your corn flakes. A P.R. disaster. They are fighting against nostalgia and in the worst possible way. Its no wonder polling data suggests atheists have approval ratings somewhere between Pres Assad and Ted Bundy.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#775152 Aug 30, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the poor persecuted little christian..........
Funny how all you christians are so big on displaying your religious dogma, but raise heck if a non christian religion tries to display theirs.
Since we can't display every religion's symbols, then we can't display one's.
Tell me why do you feel the need to display your dogmatic symbology on Gov't and public land anyway? Is you faith that weak, it needs constant reinforcement?
Why should mine or anyone else's tax dollars be used to promote your religion?
BTW, you are free to pray anytime, anywhere you want to. I don't know where you come up with the idea that you are not allowed to. In fact, please show me where it says you can't pray, I will help you fight that restriction. I have never seen a law or rule that says you can't pray anywhere you want to.
as far as saying "Bless You", again that is all in your imagination. No one, no law is preventing you from saying that.
under god wasn't in the original pledge of alliegence until 1954. it was inserted during the height of the red scare.
So please stop playing the persecuted little christian. If you really really want to play that role, I suggest you go to Syria or Northern Iraq, then you'll really know what its like to be persecuted.
Nativity scenes at Christmas are bitched about by atheists. What other religion would you expect to celebrate on a Christian holiday?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#775153 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course anyone who's been raped did not willingly have sex with that other person, so that's irrelevant to what we've been discussing.
No it isn't , you are calling a child who is raped a homosexual, when you say a pedophile committed a homosexual act.
This is the same thing as defining atheist as a belief, atheist is a positive statement of a specific belief there is no god. In the same a way a homosexual act, is between two males that are attracted to same sex. Pedophiles commit "Criminal sex acts" on minors, not homosexual acts.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#775154 Aug 30, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Paul was in conflict with Peter and James - followers of Jesus, and resented their interference in his teaching of his gospel. It was Paul's gospel, not Jesus' gospel. This is not evidence against Jesus' existence, and Ehrman does not offer it as such. It is evidence against the Pauline version of Christianity. Ehrman concludes Jesus existed. There is little resistance to the academic conclusion, except among the fringe, or as he calls them, "mythicists". Bart Ehrman: "Why then is the mythicist movement growing, with advocates so confident of their views and vocal -- even articulate -- in their denunciation of the radical idea that Jesus actually existed? It is, in no small part, because these deniers of Jesus are at the same time denouncers of religion -- a breed of human now very much in vogue. And what better way to malign the religious views of the vast majority of religious persons in the western world, which remains, despite everything, overwhelmingly Christian, than to claim that the historical founder of their religion was in fact the figment of his followers' imagination? The view, however, founders on its own premises. The reality -- sad or salutary -- is that Jesus was real. And that is the subject of my new book, "Did Jesus Exist?"
Is it you, Ehrman, or both calling skeptics "the fringe"? And just who is being called the fringe? Agnostics who say that the issue is unresolvable at this time, or people claiming that a historic Jesus definitely didn't exist?

Either way, nothing changes for non-Christians whatever the answer if the man in question was not a man-god.

We don't malign the Christians any more by saying that Jesus never existed than we do by saying the biblical Jesus - the magical man-god - never existed, just a mortal human whose biographies were grossly exaggerated.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Safety Harbor, FL

#775155 Aug 30, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Woe is you.
Wrong again tolerant one. Had a great day here. Just doing my duty to point out when so called open minded folks insist and say outright some shouldn't have rights. Kind of blows a hole in the equal protection under the law thing eh?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#775156 Aug 30, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I do not rule out the possibility that no god exists. At times I even lean toward that possibility.

There is evidence that a god does exist. Nobody "knows". So we are left with each having to weigh the likelihood of each alternative within our own view of the world, and seek whichever conclusion meshes with our sense of things.

My sense of things is that our world has an imprint of something greater and more rational than the material itself, and that the Source is the source of rationality and laws. That doesn't mean it is an intervening, atoning power. It can be viewed as part of the matrix.
We are parts of something. A big picture. Connected.
First off...

Okay. I get that...'cept Hukt's *never* read anything indicating Buck leans toward that possibility.

Second...

Now, instead, you use the phrase, "seek whichever conclusion"... and that's way different than insisting non-believers have already reached a conclusion. I'm going to assume you still disagree with most contemporary definitions of the word 'atheism'(and/or 'atheist'). Hukt's not remiss in making that assumption, correct?

If a person is fully aware that others DO believe gods exist, and the person doesn't believe gods exist, do you allow 'non-believer' as a comprehensive description of that person's position?

IOW...

Is it simply the meaning of 'atheis(m/t)' that you insist upon being upon "being right" about... or do you also think that 'non-believer' is an inadequate description of such a person? Must the person posit belief?

Third...

"The laws of physics" are manmade. They aren't mandates to be obeyed. They're descriptions based upon observation and experiment. They are "descriptive laws".

Just throwing in my 2-bits worth and don't have a problem with your sense of things. I have access to the same "evidence" as you and none of it gives me reason to assume a god exists. That's why I identify as...

...an atheist.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#775157 Aug 30, 2014
No matter how many times I read something before submitting, I hardly ever fail to not notice a mistake. Once it's posted, though...

/insist upon being upon "being right"/ insist upon "being right"/

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#775158 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Nativity scenes at Christmas are bitched about by atheists. What other religion would you expect to celebrate on a Christian holiday?
Which atheists?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#775159 Aug 30, 2014
atheism is destructive wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing how stupid you are.
Pat Robertson is right though, your failed religion led Robin to hopelessness, and like him, you will be burning alive in Hell too.
Robin fought against God and pledged his allegiance to Satan like you have done and is in the fiery confines of Hell now....just like other fools such as George Carlin and billions of others that are former agitated atheists.
Your blasphemy against God and dedicated bigotry against Christians will not go unpunished, you shithead.
You follow Maid Marion Robertson. That explains a lot.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#775160 Aug 30, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Stigmatize is too harsh a word. I'd say more like Christians regard gays as immoral or living in sin, but not stigmatize.
You don't seem to know what "stigmatize" means. What is stigmatizing if not calling an entire class of people immoral?
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I hold no opinion to folks with that kind of open marriage, either. God does. Those folks will have to answer to Him and He will judge them. I doubt that many people stigmatize adulterers.
Yes, people stigmatize adulterers. Did you catch the Clinton-Lewinski thing? How about Senator John Edwards?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#775161 Aug 30, 2014
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again tolerant one. Had a great day here. Just doing my duty to point out when so called open minded folks insist and say outright some shouldn't have rights. Kind of blows a hole in the equal protection under the law thing eh?
Nope. Not at all. People are free to say what they please. You enjoy that freedom, yes?

Speaking of tolerance. How are you doing with your homosexual feelings? Still fighting the good fight?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#775162 Aug 30, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely written. Much better than what nanolobotomy posts.
Good one. LOLOL!

Safety Harbor, FL

#775163 Aug 30, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Not at all. People are free to say what they please. You enjoy that freedom, yes?
Speaking of tolerance. How are you doing with your homosexual feelings? Still fighting the good fight?
Do I need to dig up the post that just said otherwise? Yes, I enjoy the rights we have here in the Usa. Never once said that anyone wasn't free to say what they want but its clear at least some don't wish to extend to that to people that have other views. Still living the dream with my wife that's never looked back nor have I.:)
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#775164 Aug 30, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you for stepping up.
But he's actually part of an ancient tradition of savoring the suffering of others from heaven
[a] "In order that the happiness of the saints may be more delightful to them and that they may render more copious thanks to God for it, they are allowed to see perfectly the sufferings of the damned ... So that they may be urged the more to praise God ... The saints in heaven know distinctly all that happens ... to the damned" - Thomas Aquinas
[b] "At that greatest of all spectacles, that last and eternal judgment how shall I admire, how laugh, how rejoice, how exult, when I behold so many proud monarchs groaning in the lowest abyss of darkness; so many magistrates liquefying in fiercer flames than they ever kindled against the Christians; so many sages philosophers blushing in red-hot fires with their deluded pupils; so many tragedians more tuneful in the expression of their own sufferings; so many dancers tripping more nimbly from anguish then ever before from applause." - Tertullian
You can read more such quotes here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
You have been raised to see your faith and church in a positive light. I think it makes it difficult for you to see what outsiders that are not predisposed to seeing Christianity that way see. You'll read things like the above and likely immediately shift into damage control mode that makes it seem less morally repugnant than it is, or distances the church from it. I don't have to do any of that. I can just read and shake my head. After a few years of the two of us looking at the world that way, we will see different radically versions of Christianity.
I really do feel your pain trying to defend your church against such things as this and the pedophile coverup scandals. It's very unfair to you. If they're going to ask you to promote the church, it needs to be upstanding. It's like asking you to be the public relations director for Chick-Fil-A, who, by the way, died just after their recent problems in the news:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/27/chic...
That ain't necessarily so: Saint Thomas Aquinas doesnt say anything about being joyful in someone's suffering. And Tertullian was a part of an age where Christians were horribly persecuted. Naturally this man would write a personal letter like that.. It doesnt matter what either says. Official Catholic Church teaching doesnt allow for personal pleasure at someone's suffering in hell.

You suggest I'm indoctrinated to believe in Catholicism. Ah no. I think I'm the only practicing Catholic in my family. Growing up, I hated Catholicism. I hated Church. I hated it all. There is no reason why I would be Catholic other than a sincere search for the truth.
God Bless

Safety Harbor, FL

#775165 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
You don't seem to know what "stigmatize" means. What is stigmatizing if not calling an entire class of people immoral?
<quoted text>
Yes, people stigmatize adulterers. Did you catch the Clinton-Lewinski thing? How about Senator John Edwards?
Just speaking for me but I knew Clinton was scum back in 1992. I think when he waged his finger at the nation and lied under oath it did him in. Of course not so much now. People have short memories and some can't wait to vote for the other scum that has a marriage of convience. On Edwards think his wife said it best before she died. We all reap what we sow. Don't cry about it when the bad harvest comes from bad seed planted years ago by self serving liars like the two examples cited.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#775166 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
I see no reason to assume that the incidence of homosexuality is higher in men who become priests than in other men. And the vow is to avoid sex, not heterosexual sex.
That's a good point, Ians.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#775167 Aug 30, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>The right, of course, to throw stones at people.
Or, if possible, set fire to them.

Or (as a distant third), at the very least have them behave in public the way his cult orders.
Well, christians seemed to still have the right to rape and kill women and children before ISIS decided to start lopping their heads off.

Funny how the start of that debacle gets conveniently left out.

Location hidden

#775168 Aug 30, 2014
atheism is destructive wrote:
<quoted text>Rights to display the 10 commandments in public places are being taken away by angry atheists, nativity scenes being taken down by anger filled atheists, can't pray in public places because of angry atheists, can't even say "bless you" after a sneeze because of the anger of a mentally deranged up atheists, trying to remove the mention of God in the pledge because of ugly despicable atheists, trying to remove in God We trust from coins because of irritating atheists,

Shall I continue making you look like a fool, fool?
The jesus character did tell y'all to pray in secret, aren't you allegedly supposed to follow his instructions?

Location hidden

#775169 Aug 30, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>Our existence proves only that we exist,,not any gods
www.godchecker.com

http://youtu.be/16zeA-c-3vw
*rolls eyes*

I can just understand why some people prefer to believe in fantasy and things that don't exist, than to put faith in humans.

After all, it was humans who invented these magic gods to begin with. Human potential doesn't mean much when most humans consistently refuse to acknowledge it.

Humanity is wasted on humans, power, status, money, possessions etc.. That's what it's all about. Even the most shiny examples of humanity are in the end, reduced to this.

It's really no surprise that most humans shun reality. Reality is, most people do not give a fck and the few that do just get trampled.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#775170 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, you're right. The original post was censored (I'm assuming that it's been censored due to my use of the N word, Hukt) but not in my own reply to it.
A special word of thanks goes to the faith based thinker that takes the time to twice approve of every other faith based thinker's post and do the opposite for every evidence based thinker's post. The post in question was unmarked, which was my tip-off.
Yep... same here.

Our judge-it troll is inadvertently providing a useful service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min Occams Razor 81,056
O.J. Nicole & MARCUS: Fatal Attraction 12 min Doctor REALITY 10
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 15 min Sammy 223,330
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 18 min Sammy 6,878
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 701,839
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Sammy 448,429
should male cheerleaders wear cheerleading skir... (Mar '14) 6 hr Ryan 21