Prove there's a god.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#774973 Aug 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I'd say jobbing a toothbrush up a guys bottom...is definitely a homosexual act.
More like having a brush with homosexuality.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#774974 Aug 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
He did not address orientation.
He did in these three posts.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

He addressed whether a particular act is a homosexual act.
He is correct.
I disagree with his usage.

This equivocation tactic is used by homophobic bigots. They're using it for effect.

I certainly wouldn't want to help them for no better reason than you and Stilgar have.
Apparently it is you who does not understand.
I'm sure you have nothing more to add.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#774975 Aug 29, 2014
Christian pastor convicted for one heterosexual act faces charges for another:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arthur-schirmer-p...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#774976 Aug 29, 2014
atheism is destructive wrote:
<quoted text>
Standard is right, you deserve Hell. Go there ASAP so that you can get your proof of God and never forget it.
Your ridiculous remarks on topix will haunt you for eternity as you burn alive in it.
Good riddance , you hateful atheist.
You Bible waving fundies need to shut it. No Christian should ever take satisfaction with the thought of atheist suffering in hell. You need to step back and understand that Jesus Christ started a Church not a Book. And whether you like it or not, that guy in the white hat is the 266th successor to Saint Peter as the Bishop of Rome.
Hell is no joke.
Its eternal separation from God. Heaven isn't for people like you to have joy that an atheist like him is tormented at being separated from God. Your pride makes you relish the thought that he'd say 'I shouldn't have mocked that dude on topix. I should have listened to him!" That's pride. You are no more saved than anyone else.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#774977 Aug 29, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Tuco Bob Loblah? Loblah is a flaming PO(Xtian)S who can never be forgiven for his treatment of TLeary when his son died, and then his treatment of TLeary when he died himself. Some sins are not forgivable.
I remember that, the most cruel poster on the internet.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#774978 Aug 29, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
Christian pastor convicted for one heterosexual act faces charges for another:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arthur-schirmer-p...
Bishop Eddie Long in my area.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/bishop-eddi...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#774980 Aug 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is not "lack of belief".
Atheism is a belief - that no god exists.
I am about 90 percent certain that you do not lack belief, but are typical of the Topix atheists, and firmly believe no god exists, but want to shirk any burden derived from being honest about it.
That's been my experience.
I recall that you are quite fond of telling other people what they believe, so I know that this is a pointless endeavor on my part, but no], I simply lack a belief in a god. I don't think it's likely that any gods exist, so it's not like I'm sitting on the fence or anything, but it's not possible to rule out a god, regardless of how small I consider the possibility, so I don't "firmly believe no god exists."

And in my experience, you are constantly reminded by nearly all of the regulars that they lack a belief in a god, as opposed to believing that gods cannot/do not exist. Some people do believe that the gods so far defined by humanity don't exist, because said gods become easier to discredit as they become less vague.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#774981 Aug 29, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>If you cared for her the way you say, then she knew that. Sometimes you do not need words. We all have regrets when things like this happen, and is never too late to make amends for what you think you did not do. You said she had 2 children, 16 and 14, you can always do right by them. Losing a mother especially at that age is probably one of the hardest things in life to go through.
If you are a lawyer in California like you claim, then you more than likely have more money than most. A lot of good could be done. Maybe set up a college fund in their mothers honor so they have one less worry as they move into adulthood; it is just an idea. Money cannot replace their mother, but they can build a life with an education.
I'm helping the two girls, but I still regret not letting their mom know how much I admired her courage, in the face of a death sentence.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774982 Aug 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>Did you mean "sillygar"?

Dumb intellectual. haha
Do you really think that intellectuals are dumb?

If so, why?

Location hidden

#774983 Aug 29, 2014
<quoted text>
Alright you Christians. Here's a guy that obviously accepts Christ as his god, meaning that unless he was lied to, he is filled with the Holy Spirit and has received its gifts and fruits. He probably at least intermittently attends a church where he hears sermons and others hear him, reads his bible with the benefit of the Spirit and its promised discernment, and communes with his god through prayer.
Yet look at what a failed human being he is. Where is the power of this god and Spirit? Please explain what happened there, and why any unbeliever should believe the other claims and trust the other promises of Christianity?
Clearly he's not a true christian. If he really believed in the redemptive power of the flesh of the christ, he would be a hippie ascetic full of love (wait, I mean he would be a typically materialistic christian who picks and chooses which parts of jesus' message to follow based on their current sensibilities).

United States

#774984 Aug 29, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
Catcher was right. You're too far gone.
See, the Redneck was born with good mind, he had potential.

But his mind was pickled by early religious indoctrination.

And he is likely permanently damaged and cannot be rescued.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774985 Aug 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>Oh that's easy, "it's societies fault".
So, you've not taken advantage of the world's fourth best higher education, a privilege in your own country, because of society?

I would've thought it was because you didn't finish high school or because you weren't able to overcome the crappy education you were provided with in primary school.

But I'm just a crazy person so, feel free to correct me.

Location hidden

#774986 Aug 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Finger waggers?
Show me a group of more vile finger-waggers than the global warmists, the militant aborters, feminist screechers, the race-baiters. and the big government-wealth-transferors. The left, not the christian right, are the Orwellian freedom-grabbers in this nation.
Each of those groups will take your money, your home, and your life if needed for their religious cause. That IS NOT even a hypothetical proposition. It has happened repeatedly.
Christians are bashful angels by comparison. If we value our property and life, and if those are the available options, we should give more power to the Christian camp.
"Global warmists," "militant aborters" etc... Hilarious. Wtf is a global warmist? Is that a fancy word for someone who doesn't believe in a massive, globe spanning conspiracy perpetrated by nearly every climate scientist on earth?

United States

#774987 Aug 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
My path was chosen for me in middle school.
Your buddy the Redneck dropped out at about the same time I think.

Pdpod peas, you two.

Location hidden

#774988 Aug 29, 2014
<quoted text>
It's the best movie of it's genre - movies that are so bad, they're good. I last saw it about two years ago.
Criswell: "Perhaps, on your way home, someone will pass you in the dark, and you will never know it, for they will be from outer space."
=========
Paula Trent: "Now, don't you worry. The saucers are up there. The graveyard is out there. But I'll be locked up safely in there."
=========
Air Force Captain: "Visits? That would indicate visitors."
=========
Colonel Tom Edwards: "This is the most fantastic story I've ever heard."
Jeff Trent: "And every word of it's true, too."
Colonel Tom Edwards: "That's the fantastic part of it."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oHRq80QNnJMXX
"...future events such as these will affect you in the future!"

Just the first line of the trailer and it's already awesome.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774989 Aug 29, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>So Jesus was probably gay. Good point, Buck.
Well, he had to at least have been bi, all those oil anointing orgies had some women thrown in.

I saw the paintings that were done hundreds of years later.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774990 Aug 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.

Every American has equal opportunity.
Then why is society to blame for you?

United States

#774991 Aug 29, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That's him.
His lesser crimes include being mean to Clementia.
The bastard won't stay gone.
He was mean to Clementine?

That's unforgivable.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774992 Aug 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>How about if you criticize Obama you're a racist?

Or if you aren't for same-sex marriage, you hate gays?

Or if you call Pelosi a loon, your aiding the war on women?

Or if you're not willing to pay for every slut in college to have free rubbers and birth-control pills, you're also helping the war on women?

And on and on and on....
The above is the case when one addresses you simply because you are the poster boy for a typical racist, misogynistic, homophobic christian male.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774993 Aug 29, 2014
<quoted text>Faith is a beautiful thing. There is no idea that it cannot support.
There's nothing beautiful about faith, nothing at all.

I doubt that faith in humanity is any different or any more realistic than faith in fantasy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 1 min PoliciaFederal 42
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 667,755
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Rider on the Storm 92,611
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 46,035
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 183,621
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemales son 286,022
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 hr dolarsbill 19,322
More from around the web