Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#774884 Aug 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I applaud you, IANS. I know that was probably hard for you to post. It's good to see that Christians are finally doing something to put a stop to the ugly stigma that churches like Westborough Baptist have given us. Do a Google search of "God loves gays billboard" and you will get a ton of hits. I would recommend a partial revision of your post, though. The part where you said "debating the effectiveness of publicly shaming the church" shouldn't really be there. It's the "the church" part that gives me pause. Publicly shaming Christianity is not the answer, publicly shaming ignorant fools like the ones at WBC *is* the answer. But all in all, that was a really good post. Very fair and open-minded. I thank you.
Thanks.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#774885 Aug 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck had every second chance in the book. Given every physical gift a man dreams of.
The chances ended in June on a dark road in Alabama.
I was always on the edge of glory. It's gone.
How far do you want go with this?
Better give it some thought.

Fennario

#774886 Aug 29, 2014
WSH wrote:
I find it hilarious how you atheist nimrods always blame God for all bad things that happen just after you claim He doesn't exist. It's your Satan that causes bad things. Why do you worship your filthy Satan you mangy retard?
How can Satan be bad if Yahway made him and sent him to us?

Nimrod, incidentally, is one of my favorite biblical names, along with Jethro, Dorcas, and Dodo.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#774887 Aug 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Prison sex is over estimated.
In 14 years it was only tried with me once.
The toothbrush incident - you may have read it.
YEAH , we understand prison sex.

Liam

Wellington, New Zealand

#774888 Aug 29, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
How far do you want go with this?
Better give it some thought.
Buck never was in Alabama. He's always been in Kentucky. That's where he's at now.

Fennario

#774889 Aug 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
That's cool but I'm asking you to support your assertion. 21st century Christians are vastly different than 14th century Christians. We're smarter, more organized, global and have a better understand of Scripture. You can't compare us to them. It's similar to 21st century atheists being different than 14th century atheists. Or 21st century farmers being different than 14th century farmers.
But the 21st century bible is approximately the same as the 14th century bible. If there are changes in modern Christians, they didn't come from the bible. They came from other factors. I think it's clear what those are: a few centuries of applied Enlightenment values, which have manifest in the political arena as secular democracies with guaranteed personal freedom. They have been a huge success. The Christians you speak have accepted these values, but not all Christians have. I don't trust any ideology other than humanism, and I find most zealous Christians of prominence to be far too authoritarian.

Who do you think I should trust to administer these humanist principles?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#774890 Aug 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck had every second chance in the book. Given every physical gift a man dreams of.
The chances ended in June on a dark road in Alabama.
I was always on the edge of glory. It's gone.
Quit whining boy, you are still alive. A fact that can be changed.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#774891 Aug 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're crazier than a shit house rat.
Any sex act with the same sex is a homosexual act.
Playing cute with definitions won't get there, just like you can't define every human as born an atheist.
In Alabama we call that lying. It doesn't matter if you try to change the meaning of words so it becomes the truth. It hatches as a lie; it stays a lie.
Well then Bucky , what was the Mr. Potato head toothbrush indecent? Was it homosexual?

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#774892 Aug 29, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
On what planet can a man give oral to another man and not be bi- or homosexual?!
(hint: that's a homosexual act)
That's like you having sex with a man but still call yourself a lesbian.
Ahhhhhh...... Nope.
It's not a homosexual act unless the man is a homosexual.

You can emulate a homosexual act. It doesn't make you a homosexual. Homosexuals are exclusively attracted, sexually and romantically, to the same gender. Giving a man a hand job is not going to make me heterosexual or bisexual. The only thing stopping me from doing that is the ick factor or, of course, the right price :)

Fennario

#774893 Aug 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Most of the founders were Christians. The Christian god and the Deist god are the same god. The preponderance of evidence indicates that the founders were sincere about divine creation and rights of man being endowed by God. They went to a lot of trouble to emphasize that.
Then you think we should thank the Christian church and/or Yahweh for modern secular democracies and personal political freedoms? What took them so long?

Incidentally, the deist god and the Christian god have nothing in common.

If you can equate them, then you might as well throw in what would be the atheist's god - the laws of physics. The laws of physics begat the the singularity, space,time, energy, matter, and force, which begat molecules and the laws of chemistry, which begat life including man and the laws of biology, which begat mind including human mind and the laws of psychology, which begat human and civil rights.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#774894 Aug 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're crazier than a shit house rat.
Any sex act with the same sex is a homosexual act.
Playing cute with definitions won't get there, just like you can't define every human as born an atheist.
In Alabama we call that lying. It doesn't matter if you try to change the meaning of words so it becomes the truth. It hatches as a lie; it stays a lie.
LOL

Buck Crick is scolding somebody about changing the meaning of words.

Bahahahahahaha

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#774895 Aug 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit whining boy, you are still alive.
You think?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#774896 Aug 29, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Buck Crick is scolding somebody about changing the meaning of words.
Bahahahahahaha
Nice laugh, man.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#774897 Aug 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Every sex act between members of the same sex is a homosexual act.
Just watch what happens here.
Our atheist buddies are going to try and define man-on-boy pedophilia as not being a homosexual act.
Wait and see.
Pedophilia is not a homosexual act, ya flippin tard.

It's a criminal act. That's something you, of all people, should be familiar with.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#774898 Aug 29, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you think we should thank the Christian church and/or Yahweh for modern secular democracies and personal political freedoms? What took them so long?
Incidentally, the deist god and the Christian god have nothing in common.
If you can equate them, then you might as well throw in what would be the atheist's god - the laws of physics. The laws of physics begat the the singularity, space,time, energy, matter, and force, which begat molecules and the laws of chemistry, which begat life including man and the laws of biology, which begat mind including human mind and the laws of psychology, which begat human and civil rights.
What begat the laws of physics?

I have no problem with the begatting you offered.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#774900 Aug 29, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
An open mind is no more or less than one that is willing and able to evaluate new information impartially. It means that you are willing to be convinced by a compelling argument. A closed mind is the opposite.
I have considered your arguments impartially and rejected them. You simply keep insisting that you are correct, that I am incorrect, and because I have never agreed with you, that my mind is closed.
In the matter of Christian homophobia, I have claimed that homophobia is a very real phenomenon, and that in America, its principle or only source is the Christian church. You have countered that Christianity does not teach homophobia, but rather that gay sex is sinful, that not all congregations teach that, and that not all Christians are homophobic. That's not a rebuttal of my claim - it supports it, in fact - and not surprisingly, I haven't vacated my position.
You are frustrated and angered that your answer has had no effect, and so call me closed-minded. You are incorrect. An open mind is not defined by why it concludes, but by how it reaches those conclusions - rationally - and how it treats its conclusions - provisionally.
My main point of contention with you on this issue is your claim that Christianity teaches homophobia. I've asked you repeatedly what that message from Christianity is.

So far, all you've given me is a few examples of pastors preaching it, but you've never offered an example of it in Christianity itself.

Can you?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#774901 Aug 29, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Has religion ever been a major part of your life? Is it now? You've previously said "no".
The number of those like you is growing.
Religion IS in decline. The one you defend is certainly no exception.
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
The number of those like you is growing.
As a Christian, I know that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#774902 Aug 29, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
What are the girls putting the rubbers on? Are you saying the women are sl*ts but don't even mention the guys? It takes two to do that tango. The birth control is for BOTH girls and guys. If the girls are sl*ts the guys are man wh*res.
Yes, you're correct. I apologize, I should've added in the men equally with the women.

My bad.

Fennario

#774903 Aug 29, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
Can someone please PM me when and if IANS stops throwing his tantrums. The noise from his tantrums and crying is unbearable. That and Curious, Feces, and many others incessant BS and childish/baby behavior. It's worse than preschool. My children are more grown up than MOST of these unbelievers. Debate, instead of throwing tantrums and attacking/bullying. Didn't your parents teach you anything?
You don't like being the target of personal slurs? Then you shouldn't issue them. You've made your bed with full knowledge of what it would be like, so now you can lie in it or leave the thread - your choice. What you will not be permitted is the freedom to slander others and be sheltered from a response in kind. If you want a civil environment, then you have to help support one yourself. Those are the rules to our little game because you don't get to make them alone.

Are you smart enough to understand that and either adapt your behavior or quit complaining about the outcome?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#774904 Aug 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
Every sex act between members of the same sex is a homosexual act.
Just watch what happens here.
Our atheist buddies are going to try and define man-on-boy pedophilia as not being a homosexual act.
Wait and see.
I know, they've already done it before.

Friggin strange folks 'round these parts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How did black people get here ( economically) 2 hr RFD 64
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 3 hr RFD 18
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 5 hr JuJu 6
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 hr Tm Cln 36,449
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr Phooey 688,571
Black "bi-racial" college girls and white gray-... 8 hr Doctor REALITY 13
Naturist 11 hr tom 3
More from around the web