Prove there's a god.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#774657 Aug 28, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I don't meet your high standards dude.
:-)
You're just sorry. Forget the rest of what you said.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#774658 Aug 28, 2014
atheism is destructive wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing how stupid you are.
Pat Robertson is right though, your failed religion led Robin to hopelessness, and like him, you will be burning alive in Hell too.
Robin fought against God and pledged his allegiance to Satan like you have done and is in the fiery confines of Hell now....just like other fools such as George Carlin and billions of others that are former agitated atheists.
Your blasphemy against God and dedicated bigotry against Christians will not go unpunished, you shithead.
Ahhhh....you're so sweet.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#774659 Aug 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
There is NO excuse for the RCC cover ups. None.
It's appalling and disgusting.
Agree.
However, it's just as wrong to demonize all priests for the acts of few.
No, it's not just as wrong.

I don't even see that happening. The "good name" of Catholic priests was ruined by Catholic priests and the RCC.

The backlash against the RCC and their priests is appropriate and necessary.

Everyone knows that most priests aren't screwing kids.

That would be just as bad as saying all whites are KKK racists because some of them are.
Would saying that be just as bad as killing black people?

Or all atheists are mass murderers because some of them are.
Would saying that be just as bad as mass murder?

That's irrationality, not logic.
If the RCC wanted to prevent all future sex crimes against children in their churches, they could.

They don't want to. They have a higher priority.

Catholic priests could use their positions to influence the RCC, but that hasn't happened either.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Evolution is true.....

#774660 Aug 28, 2014
Do you suppose its Buck Crick or atheism is destructive going around giving each other up-judge-its?

Guess I'll have to reciprocate.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774661 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text>WE can tell you are a real atheist. The shit you think up proves it. But I never waste an example of your profound bigotry as I show it to folks every day to reveal that your hateful religion should be exposed and that your uncivil rights should be stripped.

Take your atheism and shove it back up your sweaty ass you repugnant Hell-bound atheist prick.

You are so full of hatred, and your empty atheist religion keeps you brainwashed to be that way.
<quoted text>Angry again I see. Your atheism makes you that way, bigot.
So, I should become a happy loving christian like you?

http://i.imgur.com/5eW3Zhj.jpg

"jesus lied

He said only he had ever seen god

John 6:46-47

Jacob, Moses and 73 others had seen god

Genesis 32:30 - Exodus 33:11 - Exodus 24:9-11"
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#774662 Aug 28, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So, I should become a happy loving christian like you?
http://i.imgur.com/5eW3Zhj.jpg
"jesus lied
He said only he had ever seen god
John 6:46-47
Jacob, Moses and 73 others had seen god
Genesis 32:30 - Exodus 33:11 - Exodus 24:9-11"
When you are bowing before God on your knees at your judgement, this won't even be brought up. You'll be screaming and crying for mercy, realizing your failed attempts of refuting Christianity were a waste of time.

I really hope I get to watch your face at that moment. Seeing you in your moment of despair will be awesome, seeing you get what you deserve.

“Truth is unthinkable.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#774663 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text>When you are bowing before God on your knees at your judgement, this won't even be brought up. You'll be screaming and crying for mercy, realizing your failed attempts of refuting Christianity were a waste of time.

I really hope I get to watch your face at that moment. Seeing you in your moment of despair will be awesome, seeing you get what you deserve.
I think your vengeance will disqualify you from Heaven as well.

If God is justice, that is.

Insults Are Easier

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774664 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text>When you are bowing before God on your knees at your judgement, this won't even be brought up. You'll be screaming and crying for mercy, realizing your failed attempts of refuting Christianity were a waste of time.

You're such a loving christian, I can't imagine why anyone would want to even consider refuting christianity.

http://i.imgur.com/2CienWB.jpg

*lackadaisically examines finger nails*

*delicately yawns*

“First it steals your mind..”

..and then it steals your soul

#774666 Aug 28, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
"...the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."
So John (or whoever) wrote this sentence around 1900 years ago, and his world was then in the power of Satan, even as Christianity was starting up? How would he know this. Was he privy to information from God or Jesus?
One would expect that if God were real he would just vaporize this Satan character and end the sh!t going on. This is just another example of creative bullsh!t on the part of Christian apologists and another reason to disbelieve your God is real.
Just my opinion of course.
Yo RR

Sooooo,,, the claim is that the evil deity, entity or demigod is in charge of the earth realm, whilst the good deity, entity or whatever is in charge of the hereafter?

Not to put too a fine point on it, but I think statements like the above, are what irked me the most about not only Christianity, but religion has a whole. The assurance that even though a person's life may be crap, at least he or she can have a better one when they die. So give money, pray, visit the temples and churches and then you will have this better life, obviously when you are dead. Dead people cannot come back and say "no, dude, that's all wrong, there is no Deity X and there is no hereafter version Y".

It is very easy to make promises that will never be kept. It is even easier to make promises on behalf of a deity that will also never be kept.

“First it steals your mind..”

..and then it steals your soul

#774667 Aug 28, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't believe it if I told you.
Sorry man.

If it has anything to do with a woman, then you need a beer or three.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#774669 Aug 28, 2014
Has anyone proven there is NO God?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#774670 Aug 28, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do, but you don't.
Hmm. Is Topix diddling around with the format AGAIN?

The Borderland of Sol

#774671 Aug 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
It is odd. But I'm not a Topix Atheist!, so I can't answer that.
Now I'm curious. What characterizes these "Topix Atheists!" of whom you speak?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#774672 Aug 28, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, they're real christians.
Right, just like you're a real witch.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#774673 Aug 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
One psychoanalytic explanation is that anxiety about the possibility of being or becoming a homosexual may be a major factor in homophobia."
Why do you suppose that the possibility of being gay would be abhorrent?
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I'm not sure but there's probably several factors. One of them being the fear of doing something new or doing something you feel may be "wrong". It also could be fear of rejection from family and friends, fear of physical assault, fear of the unknown. What do you think?
That's simply not credible. The anxiety is because homosexuality has been demonized and gays marginalized, and experiencing homosexual urges in a world where you know that family, friends, acquaintances, and strangers are conditioned to view you disapprovingly would be threatening. In another time and place where homosexuality was not stigmatized, there would be no such anxiety.

It's amazing to me how blind you are to this phenomenon and Christianity's role in creating it in Western culture. Who in these threads is calling homosexuality a sin - an abomination to a perfect god? Christians. True, not all, but so what? Everybody that is is Christian. Christian homophobia is manifesting itself through those susceptible to it. If you refuse to pile on, good for you. But Christian homophobia remains prevalent. You manifest it in a diluted form. You're not overtly attacking gays people, but your refusal to see the problem and its source is due to your god belief.

Fennario

#774674 Aug 28, 2014
Why do you suppose that the possibility of being gay would be abhorrent? Why would that matter if there wasn't such a huge social price to pay?
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I think the social price is the mitigating factor, I think the personal price means more to the individual.
What kind of answer is that? The fact remains that the lives of gay people are made more uncomfortable, more difficult, and more dangerous because of a culture of homophobia which has one principle source.

Your inability or unwillingness to acknowledge the existence of Christian homophobia has caused friction between us. You see me making this argument not as a good faith effort to help ease an injustice, but as a bigoted, hateful assault on Christianity.

This exact same phenomenon plays out as Christian atheophobia. Atheism is perhaps even more stigmatized than homosexuality, which also led to an entire class of people being forced to choose between the contempt of a society programmed to disapprove of them, or occupy a closet. And it's no coincidence that both closets have begun to empty out with the weakening of the Christian church's social clout. And both groups are pointing the finger right back in the face of the church. The best weapon to use against the church is to expose it as the persecutor of both groups in the hope of reversing the disapproval and stigma. Let it be Christianity that is seen as immoral instead. Let's its moral legs be cut right out from under it like the Black Night in The Holy Grail. Let it be shamed and stigmatized into relative silence and irrelevance.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774675 Aug 28, 2014
nanolobotomy wrote:
<quoted text>Right, just like you're a real witch.
Now I'm a witch? M'kay.

I'm so glad that strangers on the Internet spend so much of their time trying to figure out what I am and are even kind enough to tell me all their guesses.

Thanks for caring nano, will you be writing about my post count today too?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774676 Aug 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote, " I think the social price is the mitigating factor, I think the personal price means more to the individual."

What kind of answer is that? The fact remains that the lives of gay people are made more uncomfortable, more difficult, and more dangerous because of a culture of homophobia which has one principle source.

Your inability or unwillingness to acknowledge the existence of Christian homophobia has caused friction between us. You see me making this argument not as a good faith effort to help ease an injustice, but as a bigoted, hateful assault on Christianity.

This exact same phenomenon plays out as Christian atheophobia. Atheism is perhaps even more stigmatized than homosexuality, which also led to an entire class of people being forced to choose between the contempt of a society programmed to disapprove of them, or occupy a closet. And it's no coincidence that both closets have begun to empty out with the weakening of the Christian church's social clout. And both groups are pointing the finger right back in the face of the church. The best weapon to use against the church is to expose it as the persecutor of both groups in the hope of reversing the disapproval and stigma. Let it be Christianity that is seen as immoral instead. Let's its moral legs be cut right out from under it like the Black Night in The Holy Grail. Let it be shamed and stigmatized into relative silence and irrelevance.
Nicely written. Much better than what nanolobotomy posts.

Fennario

#774677 Aug 28, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Mhhhhrmff. Very well.
I say that you're close-minded to Christianity because you refuse to acknowledge any new testimonies or evidence that are produced. You stick with old clichés like; "do you believe in the tooth fairy, too?"
Your mind is absolutely resistant to new arguments or new ideas that invalidate your preconceptions.
For example, your argument that Christianity teaches homophobia. I demonstrated to you several times that that is wrong. It's the ignorant teachings of some Christians, but it is definitely not the teachings of Christianity itself.
When I bring up things like Haeckel's fake embryo drawings, you defend it with something like "that's just the way science works", but when I quote something that a Christian did wrong you'll say something like "that's how faith based thinking ruins a mind".
You are readily dismissive of any good that comes from Christian empathy and you readily dismiss anything good that Christianity has done, or is doing right now.
You ignore the fact that the vast, vast majority of Catholic priests are not child abusers in any way.
I think that's a good start to demonstrating what I mean by you're close-minded. In a nutshell, you ignore anything that goes against your preconceptions of Christianity or Christians.
Well, at long last we can begin.

It took so long to get an answer from you that you forgot an important part of the question that needs to be resolved before we can proceed to discussing your post. Here it is as originally asked:

"Would you like to take a few moments to discuss what open-mindedness and closed-mindedness mean to you? What defines them and how do you identify them? Why did you imply that my rejection of your claim was closed-minded? Too often on these threads, those words are used to refer to somebody not accepting somebody else's claim, or not being convinced by their argument."

I'll have to answer the first part of the question for you. Please feel free to modify my answer if it is not yours, and in the future, please try to answer the questions asked yourself the first time.

I am concluding from your post, and especially the comment, "Your mind is absolutely resistant to new arguments or new ideas that invalidate your preconceptions," that you define closed-mindedness as the refusal to accept your argument, and that you identify me as closed minded because I won't accept conclusions of yours such as that Christianity does not teach homophobia or that Christianity is a force of good in the world. Is that correct?

It also seems like you are defining closed-mindedness as not acknowledging your arguments: "I say that you're close-minded to Christianity because you refuse to acknowledge any new testimonies or evidence that are produced." This would be a different claim, and I would respond to this one differently than the one above. I'm not sure what claims you think I have not even acknowledged as opposed to rejected. If this is accurate, would you please give me examples of a claim or evidence you resented that I ignored rather than disagreed with?

These appear to be the two definitions of closed-mindedness that you would like to accuse me of. is that accurate?

And if so, do you see the difference between them? I would agree with you in the first case that, yes, I do reject your conclusions, but that that is not closed-mindedness. I would agree with you in the second case that not even acknowledging your argument would be closed-minededness, but that I don't do that.

Once we get this much settled, I can address your specific charges. But before I do, I need a clear picture of what the word means when you use it, and as you can see, it already appears to mean two different things. Please make a clear, declarative statement of what it is you are accusing me of when you call me closed-minded.

The Borderland of Sol

#774678 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Superior life form from across the galaxy or not. that stiff had it coming.
Plan 9 From Outer Space is just that bad throughout, which is why it is a cult classic. This is the opening scene, which has some of the worst dialog in all of moviedom. Check out the Kewpie doll spit curl on this Criswell joker:
"Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future." - the Amazing Criswell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zXkYTdm8BFAXX
Oh, MAAAN!
Classic!
"Inspector Clay's murdered, and someone is responsible!"

*helpless laughter*

I've not seen that in ages.

Damn you, now I have to go look for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 100,456
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 39 min Seejay 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 670,340
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Peter Ross 6,147
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,656
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr shkreli zionism 121,925
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 7 hr Libhater 58
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web