Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#774323 Aug 27, 2014
Why do people, including unbelievers, blame God for people dying? Because they think that He is the ruler of this world, is all powerful and has the ability to prevent death. They forget God's plan and they forget that God focuses more on the eternal, not the mortal. They also don't know a simple truth that the Bible teaches:

The real ruler of this world is Satan.

"...the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." 1 John 5:19

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774324 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have a lack of belief. You believe there are no deities.

It's your belief. Own it.
You are also free to believe I'm a genetically designed unikitty, you can invent definitions and repeat yourself until the sacrificed not human jesus! character doesn't come home.

It has no impact on my reality or my lack of belief in fictional characters.

http://i.imgur.com/xNwE06Z.jpg

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774325 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>I see that ignorance leads to atheism. Let's see if I can clear up you and scarscar's misunderstanding.*snipped out blather*
LOL

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#774326 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
You don't have a lack of belief. You believe there are no deities.

curiouslu wrote:
You are also free to believe I'm a genetically designed unikitty, you can invent definitions and repeat yourself until the sacrificed not human jesus! character doesn't come home.
Yeah.

Look at the no impact.....

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#774327 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. That's what Obama's been doing the past few years with all his fundraising events. Raising money for the liberal agenda on the taxpayers dime.
There really oughta be a law...
Are you saying only Republicans can do that? You are being biased. Why didn't you bash them?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#774328 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
I see that ignorance leads to atheism. Let's see if I can clear up you and scarscar's misunderstanding.*snipped out blather*
curiouslu wrote:
LOL
That's right, the only way you can keep your hatred of Christianity is to remain ignorant of it.

And you do that rather well…

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#774329 Aug 27, 2014
Tinka wrote:
diachronic
What Language do you suppose God derives his from?
Purest harmonics...

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2232983...

...where else? Even at Planck level there's finely tuned shimmy.:)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774330 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>curiouslu wrote, "

"

Yeah.

Look at the no impact.....
So, if I respond to your posts -- here in this forum thread I like to write in -- that means I'll start believing that your definitions are real because you're touched and that I'll suddenly believe that my lack of belief is in fact belief and that christians don't believe in human sacrifice but believe a human was sacrificed to pay the price for their sins when I don't believe humans "sin"? All because you believe a plagiarised fictional story?

Seems legit.

http://i.imgur.com/xrp8HYP.jpg

"We live in a world in which there are people who believe that a vast majority of the population is being brutally tortured for eternity, and will be joined by countless currently living but inevitably damned -- and that they all deserve it.

How can this be described as anything but un-compassionate, anti-humanistic, misanthropic, divisive and destructive to society?

They either don't really believe what they think they believe, or they are unflinchingly sociopathic."

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774331 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>curiouslu wrote, "
LOL
"

That's right, the only way you can keep your hatred of Christianity is to remain ignorant of it.

And you do that rather well…
I'm not ignorant of it at all and see plenty of cause.

All religions have had a time to be judged.

It's now a time to judge christianity. It has been examined, tried and tested.

We are not "well pleased" with your evil religion and we don't have to be.

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#774332 Aug 27, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>William Wordsworth? You do know he was a transcendentalists, but still a Christian? You can be a Christian and not be religions and that is exactly what he was. A non-religious Christian who believed in God. By all means he was not an atheist..So how does this tie into so called atheist spirituality now?
Not only that. He lived a very long life, and became very religious in his old age.

My only point is that his romantic poetry demonstrates the sort of spirituality I feel, usually communing with nature, sometimes listening to beautiful music (e.g., Chopin, Beethoven).

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#774333 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. That's what Obama's been doing the past few years with all his fundraising events. Raising money for the liberal agenda on the taxpayers dime.
There really oughta be a law...
Guess who'll be targeted with it. It'll be the Lois Lerner fiasco all over again, although, I doubt there'll be a "mis-informers will be assimilated" option offered to the "offenders".

Manhattan Beach, CA

#774334 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for your loss, my man. Death is never an easy thing to deal with.
Thanks.

The memorial was in Monrovia--hotter than hell.

Manhattan Beach, CA

#774335 Aug 27, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>My condolences, Catcher. And profoundest sympathy for the family.
Thanks, mac.

My regret is for what I didn't do and didn't say.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#774336 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Why do people, including unbelievers, blame God for people dying? Because they think that He is the ruler of this world, is all powerful and has the ability to prevent death. They forget God's plan and they forget that God focuses more on the eternal, not the mortal. They also don't know a simple truth that the Bible teaches:
How very Manichean of you...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#774337 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a lack of belief. You believe there are no deities.
I can't answer for Lu, but in my case, I use the Atheist's Statement.

There's no evidence to support the existence of any deity.
Therefore, there's no reason to believe in one.
Therefore, I don't.

Sorry, SF/Buck/RR, you still suck at definitions.

Manhattan Beach, CA

#774338 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
Dude, I hate to say this to you.

I think you're a lost cause.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774339 Aug 27, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Just returned from a memorial service for my secretary, who died August 19 at age 44. She was diagnosed with stage 4 very aggressive cancer, given two months to live. She died almost exactly two months later. Leaves behind two daughters, 16 and 14. She was a wonderful person and a great secretary. I'll miss her.

One more reason why I find it impossible to believe there's a god out there somewhere.
http://youtu.be/GRxofEmo3HA

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#774340 Aug 27, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I can't answer for Lu, but in my case, I use the Atheist's Statement.

There's no evidence to support the existence of any deity.
Therefore, there's no reason to believe in one.
Therefore, I don't.

Sorry, SF/Buck/RR, you still suck at definitions.
Cheers for that statement, I may make a meme today.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#774341 Aug 27, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
"...the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."

So John (or whoever) wrote this sentence around 1900 years ago, and his world was then in the power of Satan, even as Christianity was starting up? How would he know this. Was he privy to information from God or Jesus?

One would expect that if God were real he would just vaporize this Satan character and end the sh!t going on. This is just another example of creative bullsh!t on the part of Christian apologists and another reason to disbelieve your God is real.

Just my opinion of course.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#774342 Aug 27, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha.
Lack of belief in deities is not classified as a religion here, where English is used and understood by the law.
However, you are always free to make a fool out of yourself.
http://i.imgur.com/MKUbhA0.jpg
Atheism is not a lack of belief.

It is a belief - that no god exists.

Atheism, from the Greek a-theos ("no-god"), is the philosophical position that God doesn't exist. It is distinguished from agnosticism, the argument that it is impossible to know whether God exists or not (Academic American Encyclopedia).
Atheism, system of thought developed around the denial of God's existence. Atheism, so defined, first appeared during the Enlightenment, the age of reason (Random House Encyclopedia).
Atheism is the doctrine that there is no God.(Oxford Companion to Philosophy).
Atheism (Greek, a-[private prefix]+ theos, god) is the view that there is no divine being, no God (Dictionary of Philosophy, Thomas Mautner, Editor).
Atheism is the belief that God doesn't exist (The World Book Encyclopedia).
Atheism, commonly speaking, is the denial of God. Theism (from the Greek theos, God) is belief in or conceptualization of God, atheism is the rejection of such belief or conceptualization.In the ancient world atheism was rarely a clearly formulated position (Encyclopedia Americana).
Atheism, the critique and denial of metaphysical beliefs in God or spiritual beings. Atheism is to be distinguished from agnosticism, which leaves open whether there is a god or not, professing to find the question unanswerable, for the atheist, the non-existence of god is a certainty (The New Encyclopedia Britannia).
According to the most usual definition, an atheist is a person who maintains that there is no god…(rejects eccentric definitions of the word)(The Encyclopedia of Philosophy).
Atheism is the doctrine that God does not exist, that belief in the existence of God is a false belief. The word God here refers to a divine being regarded as the independent creator of the world, a being superlatively powerful, wise and good (Encyclopedia of Religion).
Atheism (Greek and Roman): Atheism is a dogmatic creed, consisting in the denial of every kind of supernatural power. Atheism has not often been seriously maintained at any period of civilized thought (Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics-Vol II).
Atheism denies the existence of deity (Funk and Wagnall's New Encyclopedia-Vol I).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min karl44 104,584
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min Steve III 618,288
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 7 min Joe Fortuna 4,843
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min hojo 641,075
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 15 min scientia potentia... 37,361
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min X Pendable 182,267
Why do black children behave worse in school th... (Sep '10) 48 min hig_df 396
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr who 280,849
More from around the web