Prove there's a god.
I am right

Tampa, FL

#773667 Aug 26, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't have said it better.
http://i.imgur.com/KmKAUaR.jpg
^god was more concerned about this than abortion or homosexuality...
"...Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk."
Exodus 34:36
...Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk."
Exodus 23:19
...Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk.
Deuteronomy 14:21^
Another idiot trying desperately to discredit scriptures with deluded misguided and dishonest thoughts.

I bet your athegasms take a long time to clean up after.
I am right

Tampa, FL

#773668 Aug 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely that’s not right, I was told it’s the flying spaghetti monster
http://www.venganza.org/
Also to Just Think
Throughout recorded history there have been over 3700 gods worshipped, only 2400 of them were creator gods. All were real in the eye iof the worshiper and most of them were worshipped many thousands of years before the Hebrews though up El (or whatever you branch of your faith calls your god)
But the one true God is going to throw you into Hell for blasphemy. Just Think you should be reminded of that, you dishonest and worthless atheist.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#773669 Aug 26, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "God".
OK.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#773670 Aug 26, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>

The Bible defines God in logical contradictions, so God does not exist.
The Bible defines man in logical contradictions.

So man does not exist.

The Bible defines the earth in logical contradictions.

So earth does not exist.

You just defined your thought process in logical contradictions.

So your brain does not exist.

Your efforts toward logic are incompetent.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#773671 Aug 26, 2014
timn17 wrote:
Yeah, that video is horrible.
The hardest part for me is imagining what must have been going through that poor guy's head.
Uh. Horrifying.

* bows head *

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#773672 Aug 26, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA!!!
Oh, you were serious?
It's the Tide Taco Principle.

Someone defines him as a taco, and he turns into a taco.

It is informally known as the "Whatever Somebody Calls It is All it Can Be" principle.

Topix Atheists hatch out this kind of reasoning and they actually think it is sound.

It's a strategical maneuver, not an attempt at logic.

They think if they can limit a concept to a group of selected characteristics, they can thereby define the concept out of existence.

Such reasoning has enough logical fallacies to sink a battleship.

I'm not sure it rises to the level of fallacy. We can best regard it as logical bewilderment.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#773673 Aug 26, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said no such thing.
The church is more than its clergy, its congregants, and their buildings. It's the dogma, methods, traditions, values, history and other culture that shape their thoughts and actions such as what issues and candidates they vote for, which businesses they support or boycott, who they consider acceptable people and who is to be despised, how much they distrust science, etc..
One thing....

Who's they?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#773674 Aug 26, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:

Then rule God out.
Go.

Ugh.
I've never read you define your god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#773675 Aug 26, 2014
Neutralizing the church politically and socially will be yet another great contribution of humanism to mankind.
You have zero examples of Christianity trumping humanism. Humanism is superior in every aspect in which they differ.
Wrong. A good example is you, humanist, wants to neutralize someone like me, a Christian. Along with every other Christian, that is…

Silencing a peaceful opponent is not a good trait, it's certainly not something a good person would do.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#773676 Aug 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely that’s not right, I was told it’s the flying spaghetti monster
http://www.venganza.org/
Also to Just Think
Throughout recorded history there have been over 3700 gods worshipped, only 2400 of them were creator gods. All were real in the eye iof the worshiper and most of them were worshipped many thousands of years before the Hebrews though up El (or whatever you branch of your faith calls your god)
There have been over 3700 false sightings of Elvis Presley. There have been over 3700 Elvis impersonators.

Obviously, tells us Elvis Presley never existed.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#773677 Aug 26, 2014
I am right wrote:
<quoted text>Another idiot trying desperately to discredit scriptures with deluded misguided and dishonest thoughts.

I bet your athegasms take a long time to clean up after.
You mean after you kill us all?

No can do, The United Nations won't allow it.

Spittle here, is the only thing you can do.

http://i.imgur.com/z16g0IQ.jpg

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#773678 Aug 26, 2014
<quoted text>
Your bible does for starters. It calls us corrupt, vile, abominable, godless vessels in the service of evil, not one of which does any good, and fit to be burned alive forever as the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers.
[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1
[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8
[3]“Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”- 2 Corinthians 6:14
[4] Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ." - 1 John 2:22 You support a church that teaches that unbelievers are Is that not correct?
A reporter asked George H. W. Bush whether atheists could be good citizens and patriots and his answer was “No, I don’t know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.” And he meant it. He was asked later by other reporters if he did, and he that he meant exactly that. Some soldiers have been atheists and have been killed in action wars that he and other presidents ordered. It is grossly improper for their commander-in-chief to call such American soldiers such things.
Then there are the TV preachers who have been repeating ideas like that 24/7 for decades from communications satellites in low earth orbit. The result is that atheists are among the most despised subsets of American society.
Do you think we unbelievers have a right to work as assiduously as possible to neutralize that?
1. I know you like to believe otherwise, but the Bible does not say unbelievers will suffer for eternity, it says you will perish - cease to exist.

2. You don't believe what the Bible says anyway, so what do you give a crap about what it says about you? I'm sure the Quran has some pretty nasty things to say about me, I don't really give a shit.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#773679 Aug 26, 2014
I am right wrote:
<quoted text>
But the one true God is going to throw you into Hell for blasphemy. Just Think you should be reminded of that, you dishonest and worthless atheist.
Deliberately igg’rant haters like you have been saying that for around two and a half thousand years and still when the person so threaten dies – he/she dies... end of story

Please note that every word of my message to Just Think is fact and is documented and I would far rather take the word of academia, historians and science than a lying and moronic godbot who needs to hide behind bronze age camp fire stories to make irrelevant threats and get himself an erection in the name of his god?

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#773680 Aug 26, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been over 3700 false sightings of Elvis Presley. There have been over 3700 Elvis impersonators.
Obviously, tells us Elvis Presley never existed.
More butt crack irrelevant infinite apples?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Manhattan Beach, CA

#773681 Aug 26, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Showing such an inordinate amount of humor for a typo millions of people make is petty and should be below someone who claims to be a sophisticated world traveler. Really? The i is right next to the o on the keyboard, turd. Only a stooge would consider that funny.
She was correcting a misspelling with a second misspelling.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#773682 Aug 26, 2014

Somebody's teaching these Christians to resist abortion, gay marriage, assisted suicide, embryonic stem cell research, etc. I've ruled out the IRS and KFC. Who do you think is the source?
Would you like to take a few moments to discuss what open-mindedness and closed-mindedness mean to you? What defines them and how do you identify them? Why did you imply that my rejection of your claim was closed-minded?
Too often on these threads, those words are used to refer to somebody not accepting somebody else's claim, or not being convinced by their argument.
Sure, let's.

You don't view Christianity as what it is, you view it as how some preachers decide to preach it and how some adherents choose to follow it. You don't view it for what it really is. My question to you was about Christianity, not how it is perceived by some Christians (or some atheists).

Just as you did in your first paragraph on this post, saying that somebody is teaching these (who?) Christians to resist abortion, gay marriage, assisted suicide, embryonic stem cell research etc. Is any of that the view of Christianity or is that the view that some Christians have decided to perceive it and therefore teach it? The latter is correct.

There are many Christians that resist abortion, that much is true. But be fair about it, there's also many atheists that resist it. Are you going to say that's due to their Christian upbringing? If so, you will make me lol. The same goes for gay marriage. I gave you six links directing you to Christian groups and Christian pastors that preach the true message of Christianity - love. There is no biblical doctrine that says we should hate gays or we should fight gay marriage, none whatsoever. THAT is Christianity.

I think the source is misinformed people, bigoted people, racist people and ignorant people that never lead - only follow. The source is most definitely not Christianity

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#773683 Aug 26, 2014
<quoted text>
Of course I accept that. I am aware that different pastors give different sermons.
<quoted text>
Posted what? My definition? I have defined "the church" several times just for you alone.
And yes, the term "the Christian church" refers to a collection of very real ideas and effects.
<quoted text>
You don't need to tell me that there is no hell, no afterlife, and no suffering in either.
My question is not meaningless. Neither is your evasion of it.
Then by your own version of what "the church" means to you (a collection of very real ideas and effects), you MUST understand that there is no 'one Christian doctrine' that rules them all.

The "collection" must be taken into account, not just the radicals at the WBC.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#773684 Aug 26, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
In that case, it would be more like real justice if you boys had thumped him.
My boss did. He was going through hard times (a divorce) and like a crazy man, he had a pistol in the glove compartment. The car thief got pistol whipped a few times and threatened with the gun. He was so scared he literally crapped his pants.

Literally.

It was so bad that the cop said to bring a big blanket to wrap him in before they even put him in their squad car.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#773685 Aug 26, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
A good punishment would be to sentence them to several decades as a prison b*ch. A couple of ex-cons have told me that rapists definitely get a dose of their own medicine in there.
Yup. I agree. That's justice.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#773686 Aug 26, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:

It's the Tide Taco Principle.
Someone defines him as a taco, and he turns into a taco.
It is informally known as the "Whatever Somebody Calls It is All it Can Be" principle.
Topix Atheists hatch out this kind of reasoning and they actually think it is sound.
It's a strategical maneuver, not an attempt at logic.
They think if they can limit a concept to a group of selected characteristics, they can thereby define the concept out of existence.
Such reasoning has enough logical fallacies to sink a battleship.
I'm not sure it rises to the level of fallacy. We can best regard it as logical bewilderment.
Oh no. Just what we need, a new principal.

That doesn't make any sense to me. I've already defined him as a taco that can type, a married bachelor and a gnostic atheist, but he still exists.

Weird...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Big Al 703,609
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min NotSoDivineMsM 87,749
News Helmsley's Dog Gets $12 Million in Will (Aug '07) 39 min LIKUD Sindrome 313
Making DEVILS Rich 3 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 3
Silence German Style 3 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 1
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 5 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,548
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... (Aug '17) 6 hr Knuk Phoo Phang IV 186