Prove there's a god.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#773168 Aug 25, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
In response too...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Check this out, 8118...
8 + 1 + 1 + 8 = 18
"18" is a "1" followed by an "8"... and 1 + 8 = 9.
Intriguing!
81 x 18 = 1,458
1 + 4 + 5 + 8 = 18... 1 + 8 still = 9
8,118 / 2 = 4,059.
4 + 0 + 5 + 9 = 18... and 1 + 8 still = 9
And...
8,118 / 11 = 738... 7 + 3 + 8 = 18... and 1 + 8 still = 9
And...
8,118 / 22 = 369... 3 + 6 + 9 = 18... and 1 + 8 still = 9
Wow! Nine keeps popping up.
Maybe I'll just start calling you "Number 9".
But wait, there's more!
All the following numbers can be divided evenly into 8,118...
1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 11, 18, 22, 33, 41, 66, 82, 99, 123, 198, 246, 369, 451, 738, 902, 1353, 2706, 4059, and of course, 8118.
If we sum all those divisors together, we get 19,656
1 + 9 + 6 + 5 + 6 = 27... and 2 + 7 = 9
Too Freaky! Let's investigate further.
81 + 18 = 99... and 9 x 9 = 81... and 9 + 9 = 18
That's so kewel!
3 can be divided into 9... 3 times.
9 - 3 = 6... and if 9 is turned upside down, it's a 6 anyway.
6 + 6 + 6 = 18... and 1 + 8 still = 9
6 x 6 x 6 = 216... 2 + 1 + 6 = 9 as well.
Now we're getting somewhere! 666 is "one of those numbers"... if ya know what I mean.
81 x 666 = 53,946
5 + 3 + 9 + 4 + 6 = 27... and 2 + 7 still = 9
18 x 666 = 11,988
1 + 1 + 9 + 8 + 8 = 27 too... and 2 + 7 still = 9
8,118 x 666 = 5,406,588
5 + 4 + 0 + 6 + 5 + 8 + 8 = 36... and 3 + 6 also = 9
Here's where is gets really unreal...
"P" is the 16th letter of the alphabet.
"O" is the 15th.
"E" is the 5th.
16 + 15 + 5 = 36... and 3 + 6 still = NINE!
What does all that mean?
NOTHIN'!
But you'll still manage to be insulted by it.
HAG&WD
Insulted never came to mind here. Concern for your mental health, on the other hand, did.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#773169 Aug 25, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You can use whatever language you prefer to describe the following, my position on the matter: If a god exists, I don't expect to ever know that that is true. I might be wrong, which is what makes it less than (certain) knowledge, and I know that, which is why I am properly called agnostic. I feel the same way about gods as I do about vampires and leprechauns. I don't expect to ever encounter any of them. I call my position on each of these atheism, avampirism, and aleprechaunism.
Buck Crick wrote:
I don't think it fits into agnosticism of any sort. You have accepted a conclusion.
Conclusion as in a certain and immutable idea, or as in a tentative idea amenable to revision pending new evidence? I'm not sure that the latter should be called a conclusion as much as a working hypothesis.

Your idea of agnosticism seem to be a state of having no opinions about what is likely to be true concerning gods. That's not how I use the word. To me, agnosticism is no more or less than the state of being less than certain about the possibility of gods. I'm pretty sure that my position qualifies.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#773170 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Have you never had the experience of doing good for its own sake - without somebody giving you a reward? If you have, you know what the difference is. If you haven't, I wouldn't know how to explain it to you.
Your reasoning would apply likewise to any sense of reward, whether from somebody else or not.

If an atheist's act is rewarding to him, it would not be a moral good.

Location hidden

#773171 Aug 25, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof is verifiable and quantifiable - if there were proof, everyone would be able see it or verify it in some way. The fact you *believe* you have proof is not proof - its just belief.
You also *believe* there is only one god - again, no proof.
Thank you, at least, for showing everyone that your beliefs are just that - beliefs - and nothing more.
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof of any god's existence.
So what you're saying is belief is belief.

I never thought of that.

Thanks, man.

Location hidden

#773172 Aug 25, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof is verifiable and quantifiable - if there were proof, everyone would be able see it or verify it in some way. The fact you *believe* you have proof is not proof - its just belief.
You also *believe* there is only one god - again, no proof.
Thank you, at least, for showing everyone that your beliefs are just that - beliefs - and nothing more.
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof of any god's existence.
Was that you refuting my post? I gave you a detailed, well-thought out, and honest post and this BS is what you gave back. So, you never intended for us to have an open-minded conversation? No dear, it was proof that I have and know. Just because you refuse to search for that same proof, doesn't make it not exist. I will stick with my original assessment of you, until you prove differently. All you did here was prove my assessment correct.

Concession noted.

Location hidden

#773173 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Have you never had the experience of doing good for its own sake - without somebody giving you a reward? If you have, you know what the difference is. If you haven't, I wouldn't know how to explain it to you.
Yep, every day of my life.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#773174 Aug 25, 2014
Susie D wrote:
I can turn it around and say the very same thing. Believers have one thing in common; they believe in God. We do not all follow the same doctrine, we do not all have the very same belief set. We have on commonality and that is God.
You can put 1000 Christians and other believers and they will all have different viewpoints; it goes along with different personalities. Christians have many sects as well with a different perspective than Jewish people or Muslims. But we all believe in the God of Abraham.
Don't forget the believers in the non Abrahamic deities.
Of course atheist would never pray; that would be silly and naturally you think praying is odd. But it strikes me as odd that you wouldn't expect to see prayer by believers? That is what we do.
I often suggest that some of the Christians here on the forums pray if they happen to be the ones that long for the death or "eternal BBQ" of the atheist/nonbeliever, "sinner", etc...

So they can access the "peace that passes all understanding".

It never seems to work very well.
I have been to lots of sporting events. In fact, I played softball in high school and I was a cheerleader. Both my daughters played softball and cheered, my son played football, basketball and baseball. All three played since they were 6 and throughout school. We all go to college football and basketball games and at least once a year we go and watch either the Colts or the Bengals play and we watch the Reds. I have never seen a team pray to win; ever. I have seen them pray that no one gets hurt or that everyone has a safe journey home, but never to win. I have never seen a team pray after a game either; prayer is always at the beginning. I am not sure where you watch games, but it does not happen at the sporting events I have attended.

"I want to say thanks to God, all praise to him," he said. Then he bowed and folded his hands in prayer as his groggy opponent was led outside the ring.

Baseball players point to the heavens after hitting home runs; NFL players pray in the end zone after scoring. Competitors routinely thank Jesus, along with their sponsors, in post-game interviews."
http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/wayoflife/05/2...

Will God Get Credit For Winning The Super Bowl?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/31/does...

Does God care who wins the Super Bowl?
http://www.northjersey.com/news/does-god-care...

Half Of Americans Say God Plays A Role In Super Bowl Winner: Survey
"That percentage includes Americans who pray for God to help their team (26 percent), think their team has been cursed (25 percent) or more generally believe God is involved in determining who wins on the court or in the field (19 percent)."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/16/supe...

"Damn, we were doing fine until the Jesus! made me fumble. He hates our team."

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#773175 Aug 25, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
See, this is what I mean about not making sense. One Creator. They are all the same Creator. What the heck is a man-god? There is a Creator/God, one and the same for us all.
You've got Heracles, Mithras, Adonis, Attis, and a whole slew of others, plus the Jesus!, who were all alleged to have been fathered or birthed by the "gods". They were demi gods. Man-gods.

I'm just taking your statement to its natural conclusion, based upon the history of the "gods". Or the one deity, as you've put it.

Joyful8118 wrote: One Creator. They are all the same Creator.

I suspect that's unless or until it clashes with a belief that just has to be preserved.

If it's the one and same "creator" for all, then I have to think you mean all of the gods worshiped. That means those man/son/god stories get tacked on to your current deity belief too.

Joyful8118 wrote: One Creator. They are all the same Creator.

Surely you have to accept those "offspring deities" - just like the Jesus!, but not - as real too.

Or, are you saying that only the deity you believe in, is or was real, and all of those others were not, and that you fortuitously happened to grow up to worship the real one true deity?

That's what pretty much all of the deity worshipers say, no?

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#773176 Aug 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill you? nah .....We want to put you in a zoo and throw peanuts at you, and gawk at the monkey brained fundamentalist religitard.
We do that anyway, Aura.
:-)

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#773177 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Do you have a donut handy? If not, just run your finger along the circumference of your steering wheel. How many times is it possible to go around that circle before you run out of path. My guess is that you will run out of finger first.
Are those imaginary? Maybe you meant abstract or immaterial.
That's the idea of wedding rings, also. A circle that goes on forever.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#773178 Aug 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reasoning would apply likewise to any sense of reward, whether from somebody else or not.
If an atheist's act is rewarding to him, it would not be a moral good.
If we do another person a kindness, what difference does it make whether it makes the charitable person feel good. I was very proud the day I could hand my sister a nice little Opel Corsa. Does it somehow change the fact that she received a car and can go wherever she wishes with it? Is it wrong to give gifts because one likes to do that? Also, when I am at a restaurant, I believe the tip rae is is 10%. If the waiter gives anything more, I will give him or her a few percent on top of that. In that case, I don't believe any charity is involved. They went an extra mile and I thanked them for it. It does not give me a kick. I do it, because I know how hard they work and how ungrateful customers can be. In either scenario, is giving that which is unexpected at all bad, or not morally good?

Morals should be judged by a standard, not whether the deed is rewarding or not.

Fennario

#773179 Aug 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you let the numbers represent lap numbers, the path will always be finite. Each lap will be a larger finite value than the previous - always. The comparison you made was with the set of numbers themselves, which is not a valid comparison, for reasons stated.
Disagree. The path is infinite.

We're both just repeating ourselves now. You say that the path is finite and imaginary, and I say the opposite. I think this has been played out.

“It's time. . .”

The South Pole

#773180 Aug 25, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>Just wondering, does this apply when atheist lie to promote their beliefs? Is it then atheist taqiyya?
You are using an Islamic term as a way to insult Christians and I am not saying it is right to lie, because it is not even of the "means justifies the end." However, there is not a single person on this earth who has not lied before.. Not one.. Atheist lie to justify what they feel is the good in the end; atheist taqiyya.
You are also using a wiki site as your information source written by an atheist to attack Christians, which is a form of dishonesty.
Taqiyya is an Islamic term used for protection… believing individual can deny his faith or commit otherwise illegal or blasphemous acts while they are at risk of significant persecution.
Don't get your scarf in a knot. At least I didn't call you a jihadi terrorist, there's only one Xian on here that is no better than them.

If you think my link is so biased, then put up a few of your own. Just not Conservapedia, PLEASE.

Fennario

#773181 Aug 25, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the definition of infinite and it is just as simple as I stated a couple of days ago.
Definition of infinite (adj)
Bing Dictionary
in·fi·nite
[ínf&#601;nit ]
1.not measurable: without any finite or measurable limits
2.exceedingly great: very great in size, number, degree, or extent
3.greater than any assigned value: greater in number, size, or scope than any arbitrarily assigned value
synonyms: immeasurable · endless · countless · unlimited · inestimable · vast
Thanks, Sweets. Agreed. Infinite in the mathematical sense is not an amount. It is the condition of being unlimited.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#773182 Aug 25, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck Crick is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sfv3kBzJZgUXX
www.youtube.com/watch...

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#773183 Aug 25, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
In response too...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Check this out, 8118...
8 + 1 + 1 + 8 = 18
"18" is a "1" followed by an "8"... and 1 + 8 = 9.
Intriguing!
81 x 18 = 1,458
1 + 4 + 5 + 8 = 18... 1 + 8 still = 9
8,118 / 2 = 4,059.
4 + 0 + 5 + 9 = 18... and 1 + 8 still = 9
And...
8,118 / 11 = 738... 7 + 3 + 8 = 18... and 1 + 8 still = 9
And...
8,118 / 22 = 369... 3 + 6 + 9 = 18... and 1 + 8 still = 9
Wow! Nine keeps popping up.
Maybe I'll just start calling you "Number 9".
But wait, there's more!
All the following numbers can be divided evenly into 8,118...
1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 11, 18, 22, 33, 41, 66, 82, 99, 123, 198, 246, 369, 451, 738, 902, 1353, 2706, 4059, and of course, 8118.
If we sum all those divisors together, we get 19,656
1 + 9 + 6 + 5 + 6 = 27... and 2 + 7 = 9
Too Freaky! Let's investigate further.
81 + 18 = 99... and 9 x 9 = 81... and 9 + 9 = 18
That's so kewel!
3 can be divided into 9... 3 times.
9 - 3 = 6... and if 9 is turned upside down, it's a 6 anyway.
6 + 6 + 6 = 18... and 1 + 8 still = 9
6 x 6 x 6 = 216... 2 + 1 + 6 = 9 as well.
Now we're getting somewhere! 666 is "one of those numbers"... if ya know what I mean.
81 x 666 = 53,946
5 + 3 + 9 + 4 + 6 = 27... and 2 + 7 still = 9
18 x 666 = 11,988
1 + 1 + 9 + 8 + 8 = 27 too... and 2 + 7 still = 9
8,118 x 666 = 5,406,588
5 + 4 + 0 + 6 + 5 + 8 + 8 = 36... and 3 + 6 also = 9
Here's where is gets really unreal...
"P" is the 16th letter of the alphabet.
"O" is the 15th.
"E" is the 5th.
16 + 15 + 5 = 36... and 3 + 6 still = NINE!
What does all that mean?
NOTHIN'!
But you'll still manage to be insulted by it.
HAG&WD
www.youtube.com/watch...

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#773184 Aug 25, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hey! I'm good, in spite of it's being hot enough to fry snakes on the sidewalk. And this after the weatherman said it's been an unusually cool summer for this area. Too bad I didn't do video of the hummingbird food boiling up out of the feeder. I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it.
Maybe it was a flaw in the design?:-/
Yeah, that's what I'm going with, no scorched Earth omens here, huh uh, no way!

Fennario

#773185 Aug 25, 2014
Susie D wrote:
You and every atheist on this forum judge Christianity for what the bad apples have caused rather than what it really stands for.
What do you think Christianity "really stands for"? Is that different from what it actually is?

Location hidden

#773186 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Conclusion as in a certain and immutable idea, or as in a tentative idea amenable to revision pending new evidence? I'm not sure that the latter should be called a conclusion as much as a working hypothesis.
Your idea of agnosticism seem to be a state of having no opinions about what is likely to be true concerning gods. That's not how I use the word. To me, agnosticism is no more or less than the state of being less than certain about the possibility of gods. I'm pretty sure that my position qualifies.
That isn't agnosticism, and your position does not qualify.

Agnosticism is when you ask a person what they think about the existence of god, and they answer "I don't know, and nobody knows".

Every atheist, if answering truthfully, would say, "I don't think god exists".

That would include you.

Location hidden

#773187 Aug 25, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
If we do another person a kindness, what difference does it make whether it makes the charitable person feel good. I was very proud the day I could hand my sister a nice little Opel Corsa. Does it somehow change the fact that she received a car and can go wherever she wishes with it? Is it wrong to give gifts because one likes to do that? Also, when I am at a restaurant, I believe the tip rae is is 10%. If the waiter gives anything more, I will give him or her a few percent on top of that. In that case, I don't believe any charity is involved. They went an extra mile and I thanked them for it. It does not give me a kick. I do it, because I know how hard they work and how ungrateful customers can be. In either scenario, is giving that which is unexpected at all bad, or not morally good?
Morals should be judged by a standard, not whether the deed is rewarding or not.
Whatever.

It was IANS' idea, not mine. I wasn't agreeing with it. I was pointing out the difficulties with such reasoning.

But you probably wouldn't understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 5 min HipGnosis 3,922
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min Lyndi 177,883
12 Ways For Effective Google Marketing Strategies 8 min Raylin Sutter 2
Convert MXF videos to MP4 format for YouTube, i... (Mar '12) 9 min maryannie 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min Robert F 603,315
Firearms: America's 'savior'....America's 'curse' 50 min Doctor REALITY 1
Rajkot gay Topix (Feb '15) 1 hr nirmal 233
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr janeebee 8,249
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 11 hr Moeflow5555 49
More from around the web