Prove there's a god.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#773075 Aug 24, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a moderator cowardly abusing my powers. If you've whipped me, I ban you. I'm too weak to refute a Christian. I usually resort to licking my nuts.
Yes, we know, Scrooge.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#773076 Aug 24, 2014
<quoted text>
AD hominem FALLACY Portapottymouth
Being UNABLE to prove god makes you MAD yes!

Ahhh, I see we have BobofQF with us this afternoon!

Anyway:
[You] knowing that there is a God , yet demanding proof of God makes you even more mad. I'm not mad at all,....I know you will be in Hell after your death, you lying and desperate moderator.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#773077 Aug 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you don't stop counting you can count to infinity.
But if you stop it's always gonna be a finite number.
But he hasta stop, nothing lasts forever, not even this...

http://www.npr.org/2014/01/24/265247930/ticke...

Time, eventually, destroys everything.

I wonder if it comes in pink.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#773078 Aug 24, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> So you're the desperate idiot, everyone is talking about?
No, I'm not an atheist. I am intelligent and rational.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#773079 Aug 24, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm not moderator or Pomona ,,PortaPottyMouth
Yes you are.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#773080 Aug 24, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not really sure what religionists are trying to do with the entire "atheism is a religion" claim.
Are they trying to bring us down to their level or bring themselves up to ours?
I don't think the vectors of that meme - the people posting here, for example - have any known purpose. Just ask them, and they won't have a credible answer. They're just uncritically repeating what they've heard and read as they do with the definition of atheism meme. Likewise with the definition of an atheist meme.

The authors of both memes surely had a purpose in mind. For the "atheism is religion" one, it is most likely to gain parity with secular alternatives to religion in schools and government. If it can be argued that atheism, secularism or evolutionary science are religions, then it can be argued that is discrimination to exclude creationism from textbooks, for example.

Regarding the other meme, they also have no good answer for why so many of them repeat it. Once again, just ask them. Ask them why they insisting that the word "atheist" be used only in reference to people making a positive assertion that gods cannot or do not exist, and that the rest of us call ourselves agnostics, and you don't get a credible answer. They don't know.

I think that the purpose of its authors was twofold:

First, it's to keep the numbers for atheism low. Christians like to claim that America is only 2-4% atheist when it's closer to 20% that say that they have no god beliefs.

Second, they'd rather the other 16-18% of is be known as agnostics to give the impression that we feel uncertainty, as if we're wavering in doubt - exactly how Susie D just defined the word:

"You claim to be agnostic, this makes you a sort of believer; you are not sure what you believe, yet something is there. "
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
scaritual wrote:
It's like NASCAR fans and enthusiasts saying that people who don't believe NASCAR is a great sport are still NASCAR fans because they don't believe NASCAR is a great sport like NASCAR fans do. It's almost as if they're so wrapped up in NASCAR that they can't fathom the idea that someone wouldn't believe what they believe. So everyone must be fans, even if they are the antithesis of fans. And if you were to ask; Why should I believe NASCAR is a great sport? The reply: "Just look around you, isn't it obvious?"
Exactly. They don't know. They don't have a reason.

Sound reasonable?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#773081 Aug 24, 2014
atheism is destructive wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you have the NEED to come on here and voice your wrong opinions. And when you know you are losing your battle with Christians, you have to call on the moderator Pomona (aka christainISEVIL) to help you. Funny thing is, he rips up your dogma even more. Every time he is being whipped , he falsely claims every one as being Portapotty.
It's definitely a weakness within your failed agenda.
Maybe you should pray.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#773082 Aug 24, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should pray.
It's good to see you are still suffering as an atheist.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#773083 Aug 24, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the vectors of that meme - the people posting here, for example - have any known purpose. Just ask them, and they won't have a credible answer. They're just uncritically repeating what they've heard and read as they do with the definition of atheism meme. Likewise with the definition of an atheist meme.
The authors of both memes surely had a purpose in mind. For the "atheism is religion" one, it is most likely to gain parity with secular alternatives to religion in schools and government. If it can be argued that atheism, secularism or evolutionary science are religions, then it can be argued that is discrimination to exclude creationism from textbooks, for example.
Regarding the other meme, they also have no good answer for why so many of them repeat it. Once again, just ask them. Ask them why they insisting that the word "atheist" be used only in reference to people making a positive assertion that gods cannot or do not exist, and that the rest of us call ourselves agnostics, and you don't get a credible answer. They don't know.
I think that the purpose of its authors was twofold:
First, it's to keep the numbers for atheism low. Christians like to claim that America is only 2-4% atheist when it's closer to 20% that say that they have no god beliefs.
Second, they'd rather the other 16-18% of is be known as agnostics to give the impression that we feel uncertainty, as if we're wavering in doubt - exactly how Susie D just defined the word:
"You claim to be agnostic, this makes you a sort of believer; you are not sure what you believe, yet something is there. "
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
<quoted text>
Exactly. They don't know. They don't have a reason.
Sound reasonable?
Your STRONG NEED to congregate and assemble on forums proves you are a part of a religion, a mentally deaf religion whereby you secretly worship Satan , while denying your failed and defeated god exists.

You're not fooling us at all, you repugnant and hopeless liars.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#773084 Aug 24, 2014
<quoted text>
I bet this makes you grin and celebrate. Any time Christians are being killed, you have an athegasm.
Atheists are as barbaric as ISIS.
Do you know Marty Handlon?

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#773085 Aug 24, 2014
<quoted text>
No, I'm not an atheist. I am intelligent and rational.
This is the only rational thing you have ever said.
Isn't such an ironic pity that it's a lie?
Anyone who asserts atheism is a religion is not rational.
You also project many convoluted opinions you believe, based on
zero evidence. How is that rational or intelligent?
No you are a dissenter, here to project your hatred.
If that isn't your goal...you're the complete failure.
Because ...that's what you fo.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#773086 Aug 24, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
... do tell us why when you first started posting here you claimed to be undecided about religion and you really and truly wanted to hear from both sides about their thoughts. Now, just a couple of months later you're a raging religious fundamentalist?
Really - do tell.
I never said I was undecided, thank you. You really should quote people correctly, instead of lying. Go ahead, I dare you to link to me saying that. You can't, cause it isn't there. I said I was having doubts/struggling about/with things. I also stated that I was raised as a Christian. I was and am honest when I say/said I want to/wanted to hear from both sides. As of yet, none of you have convinced me, but your adversaries have convinced me, even more than I was before I started having doubts. A few (very few) of the unbelievers have brought some things to me that have helped me grow and learn. A couple is two. I started here on April 12th. That would be about four and a half months. Btw, I am still listening with an open mind, if you all would only say something that makes even the slightest bit of sense.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#773087 Aug 24, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>But he hasta stop, nothing lasts forever, not even this...
http://www.npr.org/2014/01/24/265247930/ticke...
Time, eventually, destroys everything.
I wonder if it comes in pink.
Hmm, they bested the quantum logic clock with strontium.

http://www.nist.gov/pml/div689/20140122_stron...
Just as they launched a new standard timekeeper.
http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/nist-f2-atomic...

This means clocks are 2 generations ahead of the standard.

Fennario

#773088 Aug 24, 2014
Susie D wrote:
And you really wonder why Christians and other religions think atheist are a "religious?"
I don't.

Location hidden

#773089 Aug 24, 2014
Just Think,

Go ahead and give it your best shot. I am listening. I want you to make me understand your views. I am sorry for the lying snake/serpent remark. Maybe you aren't lying and are just mistaken, but you said "said the admitted liar and hypocrite." That means you are saying that I admitted to that, which I did not and you said that I said I was undecided. I did not. I said I had doubts/was struggling with my beliefs. If you want to read my posts from when I came here, start on April 12th with Angel, then there will be some posted under Joy. Both of those were unregistered names. After that, I started posting under this name registered only.

Fennario

#773090 Aug 24, 2014
You have lost, the Christians have (already) won.
Dead religion walking.

Fennario

#773091 Aug 24, 2014
Yes, it's clear. You want to kill me.
You're already dead.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#773092 Aug 24, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know Marty Handlon?
Your short reply means you're only using one hand to type. I suspect your other hand is being used on something else that is short.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#773094 Aug 24, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You're already dead.
Oh really?

Location hidden

#773095 Aug 24, 2014
Lol. FYI, everyone. Nasty cold is not acceptable to Topix. :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Liam 600,224
White Lives MATTER 11 min Johnny 128
The Christian Atheist debate 14 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,130
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 24 min middleman1 2,796
News Iran deal foes spend big, get little so far 49 min discocrisco 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 40,917
Can you think of any creative usernames? (Apr '09) 1 hr Anon 35
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 272,468
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 3 hr RainbowLength 47
More from around the web