Prove there's a god.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#773459 Aug 25, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it. PROVE.
That is something you have to do for yourself. I already did for myself.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#773460 Aug 25, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yessir I know.
What about private prisons? You think those would work?
I have a few of them.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#773461 Aug 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to know anything about how a criminal thinks, I can answer.
The only thing that turned me from a life of crime was when I accepted I was going to die, very soon, and very violently, and that only a couple of people would care.
I asked for an intervening god to be there. None was there. No Christian was there, no church was there. I was less than a stranger to them.
I found there was something in me that was good and worth saving.
It's post like this that make Buck a person worth listening to.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#773462 Aug 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that simple. Corruption in the prison guard ranks is rampant.
Really?

Tell me more about prison.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#773463 Aug 25, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
That's usually Thursday nights and weekends.
Got me a new Jackson Custom Cue. It's purdy.
My brother and me used to hustle pool.

It usually resulted in a big drunken brawl, which was fun too.

One night my brother, Fountain Crick, was lickered up and took his cue and slammed it on the table, and yelled, "Some sonuvabitch is gonna' get hurt!"

He was right. The sharp end of the broken cue ricocheted up and stuck in his cheek right under his eye.

He stood there blinking his eyes with half a bloody pool cue hanging out of his face.

We laughed like hyenas.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#773464 Aug 25, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you lose that post with the many incarnations of the number 8118?
Lost 10 or more of them. That's the one that finally took when it was directly posted (sans 8118's quoted text). Topix restored a few of the lost ones... why more than one, I can't say.

The one that that did take is also the one with Win/DOS EOL's... which seems to be working for me so far, for the most part. My text editor's now set up to insert them instead. That shouldn't be a problem for browser based activity... still checkin' it out.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#773465 Aug 25, 2014
Time fer vittles.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#773466 Aug 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
If you want to know anything about how a criminal thinks, I can answer.
The only thing that turned me from a life of crime was when I accepted I was going to die, very soon, and very violently, and that only a couple of people would care.
I asked for an intervening god to be there. None was there. No Christian was there, no church was there. I was less than a stranger to them.
I found there was something in me that was good and worth saving.
In you? Did you swallow a chicken whole?

Lol

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#773467 Aug 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
On my iPad, my format was recently changed to one where I can't enlarge, or see the avatars, among other things.
Does anybody know anything about this?
hahahahahaha

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#773468 Aug 25, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
I have a few of them.
Haha the Buck Dungeon, the Bungeon.

I've been there.

Oh wait...

Location hidden

#773469 Aug 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are only two one and onlys:
Catcher and Double Fine.
Double Fine is a one and only. Catcher, I don't know. Neither are the Creator.:)

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#773470 Aug 25, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Without AdBlock running, text entry through the full desktop interface is a bear. The lag is horrendous.
For anyone interested, I run Flashblock and Ghostery, too. That helps.

I run four Adblock lists with no problems whatsoever and experience literally unencumbered surfing no matter what site I visit. Those lists are:

*Adblock Warning Removal List
*Fanboy's Annoyance List
*Fanboy's Social Blocking List
*EasyPrivacy+EasyList

Location hidden

#773471 Aug 25, 2014
Joyful8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
One Creator who created everyone. He is everyone's Creator/God. The one and only, who is everyone's Creator/God. I already said all that, btw. Jesus is God's son. He is not God. There are no man-gods/demi-gods. Those would be false idols, from what I know. God is the Creator/God. Jesus is the son of God, who gave his life to save us. He is not God/The Creator.
So you do believe the Jesus! was the son of Yahweh/Jehovah, et al. Does that mean you believe in the miracles/resurrection attributed to that mythic Jesus! figure too?

Location hidden

#773473 Aug 25, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
PTAG... the movie!
We'll make millions!
...of something.
Hmmmm, a movie of this thread. Sounds like a horror movie, Lol.

Location hidden

#773474 Aug 25, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Weeeeeee....and Joy goes sliding down the slippery slope!
Okay, AGAIN - if there is only one god - and what a coincidence, it just happens to be the god you worship - and all the other gods that were ever worshipped were just false idols...
Prove. It.
Why is your god real and the other ones false when they were worshipped with the same amount of fervor and devotion that you worship your god and there is literally the same amount of proof that those gods existed as your god?
We'll wait....
I never said he was only the God I worship. I said all are one and the same, with some being false idols. Misrepresenting what I said, doesn't make you correct.

I already told you that is something you have to prove on your own to yourself, like I did.

I did not say my God. There is only one Creator/God for all. All are not false, just one in the same, with some being false idols.

Look there, no waiting.:)

Location hidden

#773475 Aug 25, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks... something new to me.
That's my kind of tune, Scar... easy on the ears.

Always my pleasure.

I like just about everything. No matter what the musical genre, I can find something I like.

Location hidden

#773476 Aug 25, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Joy,
I find that the Pentecostal and Baptist versions of El Shaddai tends to send more people to hell.
El Shaddai? The Creator does not pick and choose by religion/denomination. I have always attended Southern Baptist Churches and most of what you all say about that denomination isn't even close to accurate.

Location hidden

#773477 Aug 25, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
If the deterrents were harsh enough, it would at least lower the crime rate, though it'd never eliminate crime altogether.
I've known guys that didn't mind prison life at all. One of them told me; "You can get anything you want in prison, except pu**y, even the drugs are better in there than out here". Suffice it to say, that scumbag just got off an eight-year stretch and went right back within a year. Why? Because to sum bags like him, prison isn't harsh so he doesn't fear the repercussions of com trying a crime.
Exactly right.

Location hidden

#773478 Aug 25, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Something wrong with the spelling, "preventative"?
You're probably right about the opinions of everyone. We've seen it here. My take? I'd say they both deserve harsh sentences because they both did harsh crimes.
Of course that means without cable tv, Internet access, hot coffee and A/C......
Completely agree!!

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#773479 Aug 25, 2014
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes sense, thanks. Looking at it that way, I was totally wrong. In that sense, crime IS a societal illness, which leads to the phrase; "pay your debt to society".
Thanks again.
You are very welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min oneear69 688,813
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min Ms Sassy 37,089
We do NOT need any walls! 1 hr Paul is dead 34
Harden and James....'the Beard Brothers' 2 hr Doctor REALITY 2
TRUMP OBAMA BUSH - Next Stage in a Big Con Game 2 hr Paul is dead 8
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 2 hr Paul is dead 13
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 2 hr Paul is dead 20
More from around the web