Prove there's a god.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#772720 Aug 23, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>

I think you overlooked this comment: "As far as the path being immaterial, I don't recall that being an objection when discussing the length of the segment connecting two separated moving objects in your many discussions. Did you want to add that objection now ad hoc? There is also no physical separation between the moments in a time duration. You were content to discuss their finitiude."
Just so you know, I doubt that I'll go over a thousand more posts on this matter. My interest in it is finite. Yours seems unbounded.
I addressed the point, pointing out the context of my discussion, which has been the expansion of the universe, which is not an imaginary progression, unlike your theoretical circular path.

"Unbounded" is not infinite. Actual infinity is a completed infinite physical set.

Which is impossible.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#772721 Aug 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>It sure does explain why he is about as smart as a rock..
You mad bro?

http://i.imgur.com/yAdJtkJ.jpg

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#772722 Aug 23, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>Hopefully the poor dog can get an annulment based on the fact the marriage was never consummated (hopefully). But she may want to stay married to the guy. If he dies, she inherits everything. Hope she gets a good life insurance policy so she could be rolling in dog bones and comfy beds the rest of her life.
Ok, it was three and a half years ago.

http://m.thechronicle.com.au/photos/man-marri...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#772723 Aug 23, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The short answer is "No".
That may be the longest "No" I have ever seen.
Buck is right.
Infinity cannot be physically realized, so no physical infinity can exist. What confuses people is when they read theoretical physics and it throws around the term "infinity" indiscriminately. It is a theoretical tool that lets them balance things. How that brings such theories into question, if they require a non-existent property, is obvious.
By the way, you could save yourself a lot of typing if you dropped your reluctance to side with me and against your atheist buddies.
Sorry that my post ran a little long for your taste... but, yeah... "infinity" is a tool. It has application.

What "reluctance" are you talking about?

I did agree with you. I didn't ever not agree with you.

Jeezus effin Christ, Buck...

Do you feel that alone that you need me, Hukt, to "side" with you?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#772724 Aug 23, 2014
I'll be in the woods the rest of the day.

Ya'll have fun.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#772725 Aug 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>About 66% of atheist was once Christian, so by that standard alone I can suggest what you think is impossible. My statement also goes along with what I said earlier. Many atheist turn from Christianity because of a significant life experience that caused pain or suffering. Possible death, child abuse, and maybe some may have been harassed for being gay. So in the “end” they resort back because what they really feel is anger rather than denial of god. Naturally this does not hold true for every atheist, but I do think it is true for the majority.
Man has been on earth how long now and God has always be present.. God has always, someway and somehow been an integral part of our world. This belief has withstood time; long after the fear of nature dissipated. I believe we were created to know something was above us and it lives on today. I do not think it will just go away because science says so. You see, science is not meant to alleviate God; it is not a tool that can or will. That is not to say less people will eventually believe, but many always will because of grand design.
Not true. I was raised in church, but could never swallow all the fairy tale characters. Even in my childs mind, I could see these were just stories because all around me I saw evidence to the contrary. I am far from being a genius,(iq of only 126 ) but I have a very rational mind. I can spot a con a mile away.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#772726 Aug 23, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, it was three and a half years ago.
http://m.thechronicle.com.au/photos/man-marri...
How cute is that.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#772727 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>
None of us is a poster child. We're all different in our deportment. We mostly agree on what's what, but vary regarding how to present it. I like Huh's ideas, and I find his manner amusing. What more can you ask from any poster?
Where we tend to be alike is in our ethical and intellectual values. We all seem to respect reason, evidence, integrity, skepticism, empiricism, community, personal freedom, personal empowerment, and the like. We all seem to care about the future and posterity, and unlike the Christians, we see a long future for the earth, but not for ourselves.
But we're all over the place in style and personality.
You state none of you are a poster child yet you force all Christians in the same category. We are individuals just the same as you all. We may have similarities, but we are unique at the same time. When a poster make a proclamation that many of you disagree with, what happens? I’ll tell you, first name calling, then education bashing, and some even go so far as to suggest worse things. I will be the first one to admit when the slandering starts, I give it right back, but I never start that kind of attack. I feel it is the only defense these people understand. I do not need anyone to tell me I am or am not amusing; I know I am witty and feisty. I do not think it is a character flaw either; not that I do not have one, but that is not my flaw. To me, this is not integrity, or personal freedom. In fact I think it is the opposite.
The biggest mistake many of you make is underestimating the intellect of a Christian. It seems like some of you try to bully Christians and when they become “that person” you brought out, then low and behold.. the whole double standard starts..
I have seen some really… hummm.. stupid comments made by atheist.. and yes, some really stupid comments made by believers. However, almost every atheist has this idea that Christians only believe because they have not been educated. You know that is a falsification, yet you have said it before. Maybe you did so in a time of deep frustration with a poster who you feel is badgering you, but none the less this is an untruth. There more educated believers than educated atheist. 38.9% of Americans have a college degree. Only 5% are atheist which suggest a larger percent of educated people are believers. I understand we have to take this one step further, 43% of atheist have a college degree while only 36% of Christians, but still, that does not suggest Christians are not educated.

“I love Jesus”

#772728 Aug 23, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
You mad bro?
http://i.imgur.com/yAdJtkJ.jpg
Sister friend, I would have to care to become angry. I do not care enough to have any emotion..

“I love Jesus”

#772729 Aug 23, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. I was raised in church, but could never swallow all the fairy tale characters. Even in my childs mind, I could see these were just stories because all around me I saw evidence to the contrary. I am far from being a genius,(iq of only 126 ) but I have a very rational mind. I can spot a con a mile away.
Most atheist were raised in Christians homes so that falls in line with once being a believer.. And if you read everything, then you saw this rule applied to 66%.. leaving 33% who did not fit into the category. I do not know why this offends you either. I did do the studies to come up with the statistics.
I am not a genius either, but I am not a box of rocks like you guys like to think (IQ 128) but I have a very inquisitive and intuitive mind, which aids in deductive reasoning and analytic thinking. I can spot a con a mile away as well. I also see contradictions very well. I should have been a detective. However, this type of thinking also helps when teaching middle school children and especially those with special needs (they are all sneaky as rats).

I am not a concrete thinker like most atheist and I do not limit myself. I think in the abstract. I understand things do not always fit and I look for ways around it. Sometimes there is not rational explanation and sometimes you have to think outside the box.
Does that make me smarter, heck no, but it does open my mind up.

“I love Jesus”

#772730 Aug 23, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only difference now, is that even people who fall under that class,(including myself) do not always drop out of school and have as good a mind as anyone else, can be as rich an anyone,(have known several millionaire farmers) and don't always have irrational minds.
As "Mr. Fif" stated once, we really should not be clumping all people together in one basket because they only fit one catagore. All of us fit several catagories at one time.
And I agree, the term Red-neck does not mean you are not educated either. It is often misused. In fact, the term Red-neck... in America anyway.. Refers to the red bandanas coal miners wore during the mine wars in WV (particularly at Blaire Mountain, Logan, Paint Creek, Camp Creek and in Kermit). The miners wore these red bandanas tied around their neck in honor of the men who either gave their life to the mine and more so for the ones being murdered for the cause. The Coal operators and guards called them Red-Necks.. born the term in America..

The mine wars were about safety regulations in the mines, a fair work day, and unionization that big out of state companies did not want. It was never a term of the South like it is now. I am not found of the term Red-neck the way it is presented on this forum, but being from West Virginia, it is actually a badge of honor.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Terra Australis

#772731 Aug 23, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant to add that here, a formal, legal marriage, is just an option.
This dude in Qld, married his dog to mock the naysayers on ss marriage, almost two years ago it was. It was in the papers and everything.
What a hoot.
LMAO!
Now u may kiss the groom.
*pooch licks face*

“I love Jesus”

#772732 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Maybe we have different definitions of compassion. Concerning Joyful, I wish that she would give up her religion, get rid of the chip on her shoulder, strangle her pride, get a job, and keep her kids in school. All of those things are in her best interest.
But I feel no compassion for her. That does not mean that I hope she is diagnosed with cancer or is killed in an accident. What I am doing is what you do - "take stabs when provoked"
So just how are we different? Because you would say that you love her? I wouldn't and don't. It would be dishonest if I did.
Okay, when you explain it like that, it comes out better and sounds less harsh. However, I still feel compassion as a person and I hate that she has had a lot of pain in her life. I cannot help that part of me. I am actually a very kind and giving person. Very kind and giving does not mean I take crap though. I do take stabs when provoked and nothing is wrong with that. I even feel bad for the posters who provoke me and I read something they wrote heartfelt and sincere when dealing with an issue. I read that Catch suffers from a mental illness several times. I refrained from making a comment even though I know that respect would not be returned. I just cannot kick a man when he is down.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Terra Australis

#772733 Aug 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>I know exactly where my coal comes from. You are talking to the wrong person about coal little girl. You are dead wrong too, My coal and most of this countries coal comes from the Appalachian area and that does not start with a C. I understand that your father had some sorted relationship with his sister, but do not put your evil on me. Google coal in America and get back to me. I will give you a little hint dumba$$.. I am the daughter of a father who is a Chemist who works mainly with coal in West Virginia!! Do not speak of what you are clueless about!!
In that case, u might want to send a few coals along to Newcastle. That's where I'm from.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#772734 Aug 23, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Are you claiming that all atheists are moral? xD
Because I know for a fact that there are plenty more scumbags just like this...
http://www.examiner.com/article/duke-universi...
...one on the internet. This monster should have gotten the death penalty.
I would have fully enjoyed yanking the handle down to apply the voltage to that scumbag of an atheist.
atheism is destructive

Alabaster, AL

#772735 Aug 23, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
There's that loving christian fellowship again, no wonder you wanna come be in hell with us so desperately.
http://i.imgur.com/3lY4i1q.jpg
^"None of you have ever had a relationship with jesus..."
Why do christians find it so hard to believe that at one time we did indeed love the jesus! they worship?
Is it too shocking for them to think that they could one day come to realise their own beliefs are built on a myth?
Do they secretly have doubts of their own and fear that these doubts will one day lead to the demise of their own faith?
I certainly hope so!
~Ex Preacher~^
So, when you decided to train your mind to be an atheist, did the delusions begin immediately or did they phase themselves in week after week? Did your anger and rages start up suddenly , or did you just get more and more frustrated and bitter over a period of months?

Because once you enter your Hell, it hits you in the first minute.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#772736 Aug 23, 2014
atheism is destructive wrote:
<quoted text>So, when you decided to train your mind to be an atheist, did the delusions begin immediately or did they phase themselves in week after week? Did your anger and rages start up suddenly , or did you just get more and more frustrated and bitter over a period of months?

Because once you enter your Hell, it hits you in the first minute.
You've never been to hell, have you?

I found a picture of you:

http://i.imgur.com/kWI69qc.jpg

“I love Jesus”

#772737 Aug 23, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, u might want to send a few coals along to Newcastle. That's where I'm from.
I will get to digging':)

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#772738 Aug 23, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think your "infinite nose length" hypothesis would garner much supoort from folks with any level of education behind them. You are free to use it, though.
He seems to be asphyxiated on a completed infinity in a universe that has only Cyrano de Bergerac living in it.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#772739 Aug 23, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you and will just add that both governments have allowed marriage to continue being a commodity. Not for ss couples of course but still.
Nowadays, people seem to view formal marriage as the show of commitment, without examining the relationship itself, I know I did. Often, this is coupled with the view that "if it doesn't work out, we'll just get divorced".
Now, in your particular case, where you are 100% sure of the love, the woman and the commitment: a formal marriage is just that and not necessary, if one takes the desire to marry as well as the desire to follow social customs away.
Sometimes in that circumstance, one person wants it or needs it more, for whatever reason, being legally and formally married means something to them. The other person will sometimes agree to it, because of the love.
I like the way the American Natives did the marriage thing.
I don't think a piece of paper is a marriage, even if it has a fancy stamp on it.
Legal requirements fall under yet another category. My understanding of your laws regarding couples is that without the marriage, you miss out on certain rights.
Here we have something called a defacto partnership, unmarried couples that have all the same legal rights as married couples. I'm not sure if this applies to ss couples though, haven't looked into it.
Sometimes, there are sound reasons to be legally married.

It can affect one's rights under the law.

Later, I'l give you a concrete example.

But I'm late for the gym.

Off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 6 min Oop 463
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min Truths 612,917
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min kent 599,904
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 32 min Marvinbutdo 6,518
Let's talk masturbation (Apr '08) 37 min Marvinbutdo 16
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr REASHMA 7,503
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 6,313
The Christian Atheist debate 9 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,016
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 22 hr Frannie 44
More from around the web